logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

48 Pages«<4445464748>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
raugert  
#901 Posted : Monday, December 26, 2022 1:53:20 AM(UTC)
raugert

Groups: Registered
Canada

Was thanked: 309 time(s) in 176 post(s)
@NHT

I regularly test on a Wifi networked machine and there is no significant lag. Can you email me your a copy of your template for me to troubleshoot at: info@studio793.ca

Seasons Greetings,
Richard
NHT  
#902 Posted : Tuesday, December 27, 2022 5:26:43 AM(UTC)
NHT

Was thanked: 37 time(s) in 31 post(s)
Originally Posted by: raugert Go to Quoted Post
@NHT

I regularly test on a Wifi networked machine and there is no significant lag. Can you email me your a copy of your template for me to troubleshoot at: info@studio793.ca

Seasons Greetings,
Richard

Will do Richard, happy holidays.
Snooker Loopy  
#903 Posted : Thursday, January 19, 2023 2:46:34 AM(UTC)
Snooker Loopy

Hi everyone
Is it possible to remote control a vMix scoreboard using Panel Builder please? I've read all 46 pages of this thread but can't seem to find any reference to this facility. Ideally all that would be needed would be to show the player names and a simple +/- to adjust score and the actual score of the match.
If it is possible, can you tell me what version of ios and/or android would be required please?
Thanks very much in advance for any assistance :-)
raugert  
#904 Posted : Friday, January 20, 2023 3:37:57 AM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

Yes you can control a .gtzip scoreboard or any title in vMix using Panel Builder. You can download some sample templates (in the first post) to get an idea of how to program the buttons. There should be a score.vmpbx sample in there.

Minimum IOS version is 10.0 and Android is 5.0
thanks 1 user thanked raugert for this useful post.
Snooker Loopy on 1/25/2023(UTC)
Snooker Loopy  
#905 Posted : Friday, January 20, 2023 7:40:42 PM(UTC)
Snooker Loopy

Thanks Raugert, I had a quick look at the Volleyball scoreboard and changed things around a little. I couldn't get the reset scores part to work with the script attached (I unchecked the relevant part in web controller first) but managed to work a way round by using a clear button and resetting one score on the UP and the other on the DOWN. I've used UTC for a number of years but haven't needed to get too in depth with it since it's only been used as a quick method to control the scoreboard rather than do it directly in vmix. The scoreboard was created in vMix Title Designer and is a simple XML file.
In PB I can't work out:

1. How to have the player names brought in from UTC - I understand lists aren't possible in PB per se but am happy to run UTC to facilitate that part.

2. How to bring in the current score so it can be seen on the tablet

I'd appreciate any pointers as to where I should be looking :-)
raugert  
#906 Posted : Saturday, January 21, 2023 2:43:57 PM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

@ Snooker Loopy

I couldn't get the reset scores part to work with the script attached (I unchecked the relevant part in web controller first) but managed to work a way round by using a clear button and resetting one score on the UP and the other on the DOWN.

This depends on the vMix version you have.. Dynamic Scripting only works on vMix 4k or Pro versions.

1. How to have the player names brought in from UTC - I understand lists aren't possible in PB per se but am happy to run UTC to facilitate that part.

You can display Player names from a Datasource or from the Title.gtzip presets in a button if you select "Set Text to Button Info" . This will display the selected item (eg: Player.text) from a Title Input into the button.

example:
Command = SetText
Input = your Titile.gtzip
Selected Name: Player.text

2. How to bring in the current score so it can be seen on the tablet

You can do the same as above but select the appropriate item from the Title.gtzip (eg: HomeScore.text)

NOTE: This feature is only available on Mac or Windows for now. It will be available on Tablets in the future.

Richard
Snooker Loopy on 1/25/2023(UTC)
raugert  
#907 Posted : Saturday, January 21, 2023 2:55:48 PM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

UPDATE: 4.0.58

https://cli.re/PB-4.0.58

- fixed an issue where Hotkeys not always working when switching back from another app
- fixed right-click copy/paste not working properly after last update
- changed BitFocus "DN" and "UP" commands to be independent. If the BitFocus button contains both press and release actions (eg: PTZ controls) then you must program both the "DN" and "UP" commands in the PB button
- fixed TBar Snap Back not working
- added vMix26 shortcuts
- added vMix26 Mix busses
- added Save and Save As shortcuts (Ctl-S and Shift-Ctl-S)
- icon buttons will now tally if "Opaque" is false (this is useful to make pop-up tallies or border tallies behind objects) -- includes text and border if applicable
- added "PVW/PGM Tally" to buttons (buttons will show "Green" when it's Input is in Preview and "Red" when it's Input is in "Program") or opposite when "InvertTally" is selected
- improved tally response time when using "DynamicInputs"
- added BitFocus TCP field in preferences
thanks 2 users thanked raugert for this useful post.
JW on 1/23/2023(UTC), QuiapoChurch on 1/25/2023(UTC)
Joeboe  
#908 Posted : Saturday, January 21, 2023 10:09:46 PM(UTC)
Joeboe

Was thanked: 32 time(s) in 31 post(s)
Hi Richard,...Now nothing in my Audio side is working...none of the faders work, nor show VU meters....
raugert  
#909 Posted : Sunday, January 22, 2023 12:48:52 AM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

Hi Joeboe, It sounds like there may be something unusual in your template. Can you email it to me. I'll see if I can find what going on..

Richard
Frank Broughton  
#910 Posted : Sunday, January 22, 2023 2:40:16 PM(UTC)
Frank Broughton

Richard, just spent half the day figuring out this most excellent tool. Just writing today to thank you for your time and dedication to this project. Cannot wait to being this into my production studio setup.
Snooker Loopy  
#911 Posted : Monday, January 23, 2023 8:13:28 AM(UTC)
Snooker Loopy

Hi Richard

Many thanks for the info regarding the Player names and current scores - with your suggestions, I've managed to bring the information in. Pity it won't function on android or ios - I have an event next month, it would have been great to let the referee control the scoreboard.

Haven't got one to hand but can I safely assume that PB could be installed on a tablet that is running Windows? If so - is there any way of locking the program so it functions like the app - I'd rather Edit and Preferences not be accessible?
raugert  
#912 Posted : Sunday, January 29, 2023 4:51:40 AM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

Originally Posted by: Snooker Loopy Go to Quoted Post
Hi Richard

Many thanks for the info regarding the Player names and current scores - with your suggestions, I've managed to bring the information in. Pity it won't function on android or ios - I have an event next month, it would have been great to let the referee control the scoreboard.

Haven't got one to hand but can I safely assume that PB could be installed on a tablet that is running Windows? If so - is there any way of locking the program so it functions like the app - I'd rather Edit and Preferences not be accessible?

Yes it will work on most laptops with a touchscreen. The only caveat is that some touchscreens don't behave like tablets, when it comes to Touch Down commands. The the "Dn" command actually triggers when you release the button. So in your case where you use the "Dn" and "Up" command in the same button to reset the score, you would be better off to use a script.

As far as the locking the Edit feature goes, you can save the template as a read only file. You will then need a password to edit it.
Snooker Loopy on 1/30/2023(UTC)
dmwkr  
#913 Posted : Wednesday, February 1, 2023 4:20:33 AM(UTC)
dmwkr

Was thanked: 118 time(s) in 107 post(s)
Hi Richard,

still finding new ways to use PB... Hadn't used the "Set Button Text Info" before, nice feature, using it to grab the text from a title. A little suggestion or feature request: Since it is possible in vMix to set a "Color" in a title, would it be possible to use the Color from a title color field as the button color in PB ("Set Button Color") the way you are now using the text for "Set Button Text Info"? This way, you could dynamically create "activators". Right now, I have a script, that has multiple states as a result, like "checking", "verified", "waiting", etc. Each state could be connected to a color. That would be one way to have multiple activators on one button, requested in several posts on the forums for "hardware" panels (https://forums.vmix.com/posts/t15935-Multiple-Activators-for-a-single-Key or https://forums.vmix.com/...le-Activators-Per-Button or https://forums.vmix.com/...tors-for-one-midi-button ...), just like the new PB function "PVW/PGM Tally", only for multiple use cases.

As always, thanks for a great tool!
Snooker Loopy  
#914 Posted : Wednesday, February 1, 2023 10:19:08 AM(UTC)
Snooker Loopy

Hi Richard
Could you hazard a guess as to when the Set Text function might work in ios or Android please or would it be very difficult to achieve so therefore not yet on the horizon? I'm just trying to save having to buy more tablets.

By the way, I managed to try it on a Windows tablet and think it could work for the next event - unfortunately I can't find enough people that have windows ones for me to borrow.

Spent quite some time digging into the options and working out how things go together and am beginning to feel more confident that PB could become a more integral part of the setup at the events we attend. I'd like to make a donation in recognition of the time you've put in to creating and growing Panel Builder so far - do you have a way that one can be sent to you?
raugert  
#915 Posted : Friday, February 3, 2023 12:13:35 AM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

Originally Posted by: Snooker Loopy Go to Quoted Post
Hi Richard
Could you hazard a guess as to when the Set Text function might work in ios or Android please or would it be very difficult to achieve so therefore not yet on the horizon? I'm just trying to save having to buy more tablets.

By the way, I managed to try it on a Windows tablet and think it could work for the next event - unfortunately I can't find enough people that have windows ones for me to borrow.

Spent quite some time digging into the options and working out how things go together and am beginning to feel more confident that PB could become a more integral part of the setup at the events we attend. I'd like to make a donation in recognition of the time you've put in to creating and growing Panel Builder so far - do you have a way that one can be sent to you?

The iOS and Android versions are a bit more complicated than Desktop versions. I only do programming in my spare time (not a lot of that these days..) Hopefully I can have something done within a month or so. Thanks for using the app, no need for donation. Pay it forward :)

cheers,
Richard
JTyler  
#916 Posted : Friday, February 10, 2023 6:02:34 PM(UTC)
JTyler

Italy

Hello, I would like to propose a new feature (I've seen old posts and it doesn't seem to have been requested yet).

The component is "Assign Button" and I would like to request:

• have the possibility to select a group of inpts that will be shown as a choice in the combobox (also preview and active);
  • add a "snapshot" checkbox that captures the snapshot of the selected input and assign it as a group icon;
  • add in the "Icon Button" the "group icon" item which dynamically loads the snapshot captured by the "Assign Button".

I hope this feature can be useful to more people and you can make it happen.

Thank you so much for all the hard work you are doing!
raugert  
#917 Posted : Wednesday, March 1, 2023 12:10:10 AM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

@JTyler

Thanks for your request. It seems a bit complicated on the surface. Can you provide an example of how you would use this... There may be other ways to do it ?

regards,
Richard
raugert  
#918 Posted : Thursday, March 23, 2023 5:03:03 AM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

UPDATE: version 4.0.59

https://cli.re/PB-4.0.59

- added "Set ButtonColor to Title Color" (eg: You can use the color state of an "Rectangle" in a Title to set the color of a button in PB)
- added "Recording Time" in button if the command is "StartStopRecording" and "Set Text to Button Info" is selected
- fixed an issue where button text was not showing in Icon buttons when "Opaque" is unchecked
- fixed border and text color of Labels that were not showing up correctly after last update
- "File > Open" now shows Desktop and Tablet files without having to select file type
- added "save template" validation when selecting New or Open templates
- added "Select Last Objects" in the Tools menu. This can be used to re-select the last copied objects, if you mistakenly clicked on the canvas after the objects were pasted (which would de-select the objects)

Note: The "Title" object has become somewhat redundant since the addition of the "Set Text to Button Info" feature. It's far more useful to make your own custom Title object using buttons. It will probably be removed in the next version and may be replaced with some form of a "Title Editor" instead. Just a heads up...
Joeboe on 3/23/2023(UTC), dmwkr on 4/1/2023(UTC)
Joeboe  
#919 Posted : Thursday, March 23, 2023 5:15:18 AM(UTC)
Joeboe

Was thanked: 32 time(s) in 31 post(s)
Tested for a short while, and so far....great....the few things that were not working seem to be working ok....will do a full test later tonight, and report any bugs I find, Thanks .
raugert  
#920 Posted : Saturday, April 1, 2023 10:07:46 AM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

There is a new update v1.0.9 for iPads and iPhones (New). Go to app store for latest version.

- Added compatibility with Panel Builder Desktop version 4.0.59 features
- Added "Fit to Screen" option in preferences - This will resize the template to the best of it's ability if device the size is different from the original template
- Can now be used on both iPhones and iPads - Ideally the templates should be designed to fit the device size.

Search for "vMix Panel" to find the app on iPhones..

enjoy,
Richard

Android version coming soon...
dmwkr on 4/1/2023(UTC), Snooker Loopy on 4/15/2023(UTC)