logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

48 Pages«<4344454647>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
raugert  
#881 Posted : Thursday, November 3, 2022 12:56:35 AM(UTC)
raugert

Groups: Registered
Canada

Was thanked: 309 time(s) in 176 post(s)
Thanks for the update MickeyMMJ. This only appears to happen on some systems, so it's hard to find the culprit.. I will continue to look for a solution.
Chumbaz  
#882 Posted : Wednesday, November 16, 2022 1:20:13 AM(UTC)
Chumbaz

Italy

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I am developing a panel and I would like to set a vumeter to see the RECORDING level that I see on the mixer
i would like to see the recording timer too that i see on the vMix main view

but i am looking since a couple of hours everywhere but I can't see a way
can someone be so kind to suggest me if there is a way for one or both things? Thank you so very much.

ciao
raugert  
#883 Posted : Wednesday, November 16, 2022 4:41:13 AM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

@Chumbaz

Depending on what you have set in vMix for your "Audio" source in the recording settings, you can set the VU command in Panel Builder to "SetMasterVolume" or "SetBusAVolume" etc. to match it.

Currently, there is no way to show the recording duration. I will look at adding that to the next update.

Richard
Joeboe  
#884 Posted : Wednesday, November 16, 2022 5:09:18 AM(UTC)
Joeboe

Was thanked: 32 time(s) in 31 post(s)
@ Richard:

I have been playing around with some templates in Panel Builder, and look what I came up with.....using 2 screens, I created Panel builder so that I can have an area to place NDI Studio Monitor and sized it to fit..Complete with Audio Mixer and effects Panel...

What do you think.

SCREEN CAPTURE .jpg (875kb) downloaded 30 time(s).
thanks 1 user thanked Joeboe for this useful post.
lyco on 4/28/2023(UTC)
raugert  
#885 Posted : Wednesday, November 16, 2022 5:18:16 AM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

Very cool Joeboe !

I know some folks asked me to add the NDI viewer into Panel Builder in the past, but I prefer your method. The NDI Studio Monitor app is supported by a team of developers and keeps up with the newest versions of NDI tools .

thanks for sharing,
Richard
thanks 1 user thanked raugert for this useful post.
Joeboe on 11/16/2022(UTC)
Joeboe  
#886 Posted : Wednesday, November 16, 2022 6:13:39 AM(UTC)
Joeboe

I made a second template to this, where I placed the NDI Monitor where I have the Audio Mixer, and placed the Audio Mixer to the far right, in that way I have a better visual of my video...

I prefer the NDI Monitor solution, as it will keep you free to do more development of other things as the NDI team keeps updating their apps.........
raugert  
#887 Posted : Tuesday, November 22, 2022 12:49:59 PM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

Update Version 4.0.53

https://cli.re/vMix-Panel-Builder-4.0.53

- fixed Hotkeys not working after 4.0.47
- added cExtFileType2 for Button Up commands
- added BitFocus Tallies to Panel Builder -- see notes in User Guide in first post
- BitFocus fields are cleared when selecting "none" in command
- added Go To Page command in Buttons
- InfoBox now displays only valid fields according to selected objects and/or commands
- fixed horizontal VUs not updating properly
- fixed VUs using Input number not working properly
- added Border Width and Color selection to objects
- added "Recording Timer " in button when using "StartStopRecording" command (Select "Set text to button Info") in the button
- added separate "Button Color" selection for IconButtons
- reworked Button InfoBox layout
thanks 3 users thanked raugert for this useful post.
Joeboe on 11/22/2022(UTC), JW on 12/3/2022(UTC), Frank Broughton on 1/22/2023(UTC)
raugert  
#888 Posted : Saturday, December 3, 2022 2:18:29 PM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

UPDATE Version 4.0.55

https://cli.re/vMix-Panel-Builder-4.0.55

- fixed lock/unlock buttons not working correctly when deleting objects
- fixed invert tallies no working properly after last update
- added BorderWidth and BorderColor options to objects
- added new TBar look
- fixed a few other bugs

NOTE: Not all updates are available on tablets or iPads yet..
thanks 2 users thanked raugert for this useful post.
Joeboe on 12/3/2022(UTC), Orimar on 12/5/2022(UTC)
Joeboe  
#889 Posted : Saturday, December 3, 2022 11:05:28 PM(UTC)
Joeboe

Nice...like the "T" Bar...looks kinda more realistic...LOL....only one thing....wish the T bar of itself or the background were independent, so that the widths could be adjusted seperately... still awaiting the Audio faders were made without a background, similar to the older T Bar, where the user can use their own scales...... working great...
Joeboe  
#890 Posted : Wednesday, December 7, 2022 1:59:52 AM(UTC)
Joeboe

UPDATE
Hi Richard, just found something...The border on " Labels" not working...I usually make labels and set them as transparent, sometimes I use a blank label as a frame for a collection of Icons....not able to do it in .55.....please check...
I also found that the border is working on the Type, and not on the actual label itself as it used to...and now that I am at that, is it possible to give us a choice of rounded or square corners for labels, as sometime rounded corners is not always applicable....

Thanks
JW  
#891 Posted : Saturday, December 10, 2022 12:08:50 AM(UTC)
JW

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
I've got some issues with v55.

Currently I am using the virtual PTZ commands, but I want to switch to Bitfocus companion with the Sony Visca plugin.

I noticed that PB supports Bitfocus, thats phantastic!
Now I can create a tab for each camera with the PTZ buttons and also all exposure and WB settings.
Am also very curious for the BitFocus Tallies option (I tried to download the newest help guide, but the link doesn't work)

Unfortunately it doesn't work well (older versions too).
Only very short pulses are given when pressing a button and not a pulse during the pressing.
(I am not using a touchscreen, but the mouse, I know that the buttons sometimes have another behaviour when using a touchscreen)

When I press a button in PB the button on my streamdeck is also showing a short pulse, so the system works.
When I press that button on my streamdeck my PTZcamera moves, but the short pulses are too short too trigger the pan command.

And how do I copy a whole page to another page? (select all, copy and paste in new page doesn't work, that worked well in V38)
Also wanted to try the clone option but that is gone in v55.
raugert  
#892 Posted : Saturday, December 10, 2022 5:49:35 AM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

Originally Posted by: JW Go to Quoted Post
I've got some issues with v55.

Currently I am using the virtual PTZ commands, but I want to switch to Bitfocus companion with the Sony Visca plugin.

I noticed that PB supports Bitfocus, thats phantastic!
Now I can create a tab for each camera with the PTZ buttons and also all exposure and WB settings.
Am also very curious for the BitFocus Tallies option (I tried to download the newest help guide, but the link doesn't work)

Unfortunately it doesn't work well (older versions too).
Only very short pulses are given when pressing a button and not a pulse during the pressing.
(I am not using a touchscreen, but the mouse, I know that the buttons sometimes have another behaviour when using a touchscreen)

Thanks for the report JW.

When Panel Builder triggers the virtual PTZ commands in vMix it uses a "buttonDown" command to trigger the PTZMove and a "buttonUp" command to trigger a PTZMoveStop command. The "buttonUp" PTZStop commands are done automatically in PB when using the vMix PTZ commands within a button. You don't need to program the "buttonUp" command in PB. I'm not sure if the Sony Visca plugin in Bitfocus operates the same way ?? I'll have to look into it.

As far as tallies "Feedback" from Bitfocus goes, it's a matter of whether or not Bitfocus supports it for that particular device. If it is supported then it should reflect the feedback OK in PB.

Quote:
When I press a button in PB the button on my streamdeck is also showing a short pulse, so the system works.
When I press that button on my streamdeck my PTZcamera moves, but the short pulses are too short too trigger the pan command.

PB simply sends the "command" to Bitfocus which in turn talks to Streamdeck. There is no "pulse" duration as such. If Bitfocus recognizes the command from PB, which it seems to, then the issue might be between Bitfocus and the device.. Out of curiosity, if you trigger the command from the Bitfocus GUI rather than the streamdeck, does it move the camera ?

Quote:
And how do I copy a whole page to another page? (select all, copy and paste in new page doesn't work, that worked well in V38)
Also wanted to try the clone option but that is gone in v55.

Yes, there seems to be an issue using the right-click copy/paste from the menu at the moment. I'll fix that in the next release. You can use the ctl-C and ctl-V to copy/paste from one page to another for now.
JW  
#893 Posted : Saturday, December 10, 2022 6:09:53 AM(UTC)
JW

Quote:
Out of curiosity, if you trigger the command from the Bitfocus GUI rather than the streamdeck, does it move the camera ?
Yes that works OK.
JW  
#894 Posted : Saturday, December 10, 2022 9:45:48 PM(UTC)
JW

Richard, your private message inbox seems to be full.

I am using the standard Companion Sony Visca connection plugin, and it uses press and release actions for the PTZ buttons.
(release is the ptz stop action)
The auto exposure button uses latch and unlatch actions.

I tried the beta.
The down action works, but the up action (-> stop button) doesn't. So it keeps moving.
Clicking on a seperate added stop button in PB stops the movenment.

Also:
When I click the stop button in PB, the yellow press indicator on my Streamdesk stop button stays on after releasing.
When I click the stop button om the Streamdeck the indicator turns off after releasing.
The stop button in Companion has no defined release action.

So, maybe an idea to add an 'during press' option next to DN and UP?
raugert  
#895 Posted : Sunday, December 11, 2022 2:10:36 AM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

@JW

Sorry about the full Inbox. It's clean now :)

The "Up" action should work. Did you program the "UP" command in the PB button to the same BitFocus "Page/Button" as the "DN" command. The "DN" and "UP" commands in PB are now independent when controlling BitFocus, so if you have a button in BitFocus that has both press and release actions, you will need to do the same in PB with the "DN" and "UP" commands. If you have already done this, then it may be something else causing the issue. We can continue troubleshooting if you like using PM or email info@studio793.ca
thanks 1 user thanked raugert for this useful post.
JW on 12/11/2022(UTC)
JW  
#896 Posted : Sunday, December 11, 2022 5:02:19 AM(UTC)
JW

It works OK now in the beta version.

When it didn't work the UP command referred indeed to another button with a stop action.

Now I have set the DN and UP action to the same button (with press and release action) and it works.

Buttons with toggle (latch and unlatch) functionality are also working OK.

Thanks!

raugert  
#897 Posted : Sunday, December 18, 2022 2:39:43 AM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

UPDATE: Version 4.0.57

*** on hold -- need to fix a couple bugs ***

- fixed an issue where Hotkeys not always working when switching back from another app
- fixed right-click copy/paste that stopped working
- changed BitFocus "DN" and "UP" commands to be independent. If the BitFocus button contains both press and release actions (eg: PTZ controls) then you must program both the "DN" and "UP" commands in the PB button
- made wider TBar button
- fixed TBar Snap Back not working
- added vMix26 shortcuts
- added vMix26 Mix busses
- added Save and SaveAs shortcuts
thanks 2 users thanked raugert for this useful post.
JW on 12/18/2022(UTC), Joeboe on 12/18/2022(UTC)
JW  
#898 Posted : Monday, December 19, 2022 1:26:46 AM(UTC)
JW

I tested V57 and got some issues:

-Copy paste buttons is not working
-No Clone option
-Deleting button is not working

-PB starts up with all gray buttons (even if vMix is connected), after a while most buttons have their color back, but some buttons get their color back only after enter en exit edit mode
-Tally colored buttons acting strange
raugert  
#899 Posted : Monday, December 19, 2022 3:27:19 AM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

@JW

Hmmm, it seems that the right-click Copy/Paste function is not working on Windows versions only. Sorry about that, I'll look into that ASAP.

The Clone option was removed as it is essentially the same as Copy now. All the parameters of the objects are copied to the newly creates ones.

"-PB starts up with all gray buttons (even if vMix is connected), after a while most buttons have their color back, but some buttons get their color back only after enter en exit edit mode
-Tally colored buttons acting strange "

Can you send me a copy of your template at info@studio793.ca I'll see if I can find what's causing the issue. I cant seem to duplicate it with any of my tests... If you could indicate an example of which buttons are acting strange, that would be helpful.

thanks,
Richard
NHT  
#900 Posted : Monday, December 26, 2022 1:39:52 AM(UTC)
NHT

Was thanked: 37 time(s) in 31 post(s)
Originally Posted by: raugert Go to Quoted Post

Hi Richard, I have always run PB on the vMix host machine but I recently installed it on a networked machine.

I'm getting massive lag over the network, anywhere from half a second to 3 or 4 seconds. Sometimes commands queue up, so nothing happens for a few seconds, then all the snarled up commands run at once.

The PB machine is a 4 core, 2.9ghz 11th gen Celeron, it averages 30% cpu running PB and never spikes over 50%.

The network is all 1GB and runs perfectly for other apps and NDI (when PB is running nothing else is).

Any suggestions as to what might be causing this.

As always, I really appreciate your time.