logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages«<234
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
RichDanby  
#61 Posted : Tuesday, April 23, 2024 8:15:00 PM(UTC)
RichDanby

Groups: Registered
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 26 time(s) in 24 post(s)
EDIT: fixed in 27.0.0.75. Thank you Martin.
--
I've found that when exporting a replay event to mp4 the audio stream is around 100ms shorter than the video. (this is on a 30fps project, it may be different on others)

Exporting an 8 second event and inspecting the file with MediaInfo shows the video stream as 8000ms and the video as 7893ms. Using ffprobe -show_entries stream=duration returns 7.999967s for video and 7.893312 for audio. Loading it into Resolve also shows the silence for around the last 3 frames.

When exporting multiple events as one file there is only one dropout at the end. i.e. exporting 4x 5 second events individual gives 115ms of missing audio on each clip. Exporting them as one file includes the missing audio on the first three clips but the final one misses 96ms.

I'm writing automation for processing exported replay events into social media clips using ffmpeg and this track length mismatch means joining clips together results in audio dropouts near the join.

I've just found this post that makes it sound like this appeared in v26. The suggested fix of going to 4 channel audio makes no difference for me, and using vMix AVI reduces the gap to 30-40ms, but then can't be used with ffmpeg.

It would be really helpful if this could be looked at. Thank you.