logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

48 Pages«<4142434445>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Joeboe  
#841 Posted : Thursday, April 14, 2022 9:23:09 PM(UTC)
Joeboe

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 32 time(s) in 31 post(s)
I find that vMix does not show tallies for items when you play them off line ( not in Program), and that is where the issue comes....so what I did is use the play/pause button to act as a tally...It does not show tallies for audio gain either, so I can not see what db I have running...I setup dbs for audio gain, and I wish there was a tally to let me know when I have 6db or 12 db gain on my inputs....

If you look at the last image I posted, you will see how I have the groups set up....but I will zip a template for you.....

If you check, you will notice that I have 2 player lists set up...The image has Funeral hymns, another has a list of the selected hymns that will be played during the service....The second lists have 3 players in a group, and there are video clips, clips I take of the venue, that I play as an intro to the service...the other 2 players may have any clips, such as pre-recorded tributes, etc. and I have the full player controls , so I can shuttle through each list to find the clips I want to use...the circular buttons shuttle through the players (lists), This works great, and is very quick, and I do not get lost in finding my clips...and I also have the same for the overlays( titles)

Grom  
#842 Posted : Sunday, April 24, 2022 6:44:07 PM(UTC)
Grom

Man
Poland

Hello, friends. I`ve got an unusual task to implement in the panel builder. I have several PTZ cameras. In the panel builder each camera has a corresponding button where PreviewInput is used as a command. But sometimes it is more convenient to work with the CutDirect command. One of solutions is to create an identical arrangement of buttons on different pages of Panel Builder. I don't like this option for its redundancy and clutter.
At the moment I`ve got another solution in my head, which is to create buttons for selecting the mode of Preview or CutDirect operation for other PTZ buttons. I know how to implement this by using the script. However, in this case the corresponding button doesn’t light up when pressed. Moreover, when the script is used, the response time is longer. I`d appreciate any ideas you come up with to solve this problem.
P.S. In all updates after 4.0.29 the Up button in ScriptStartDynamic doesn`t execute the StartScript command.
pm  
#843 Posted : Sunday, April 24, 2022 10:59:11 PM(UTC)
pm

Was thanked: 32 time(s) in 27 post(s)
Hi

I've an issue with open last preset at startup of the application (4.0.42) (on windows): The last preset is loaded, vmix is connected (button is green), but only a part (none?) of the controls are initialized. I have to press the page button on top to initialize.

I have this issue with multiple presets on multiple computers.

Best, Patrick
raugert  
#844 Posted : Sunday, April 24, 2022 11:10:59 PM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

Was thanked: 309 time(s) in 176 post(s)
Thanks pm... I will look into this

Richard
Joeboe  
#845 Posted : Friday, May 13, 2022 1:02:33 AM(UTC)
Joeboe

I have had the same, so I reverted back to 4.0.40.... hope this gets fix soon, ....now I am still having hell with the ipad and the Android tablets...they would show the template, but none of the icon images show...the buttons are all white, and they do not work....no response when I try to use them, and the 'RED' button top left stays red, as if it does not sync with vmix.....any word on this
thanks 1 user thanked Joeboe for this useful post.
Utpc on 7/30/2022(UTC)
pm  
#846 Posted : Tuesday, June 14, 2022 3:22:37 AM(UTC)
pm

Hi Richard

Do you still maintain this project?

Best regards
Patrick
raugert  
#847 Posted : Tuesday, June 14, 2022 4:26:48 AM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

Hi Patrick. I am still maintaining it as much as possible. I do have a new version that I could post soon. Mostly just bug fixes. I’ve had some request for new features but haven’t focused on those yet.
thanks 1 user thanked raugert for this useful post.
JW on 6/25/2022(UTC)
pm  
#848 Posted : Friday, June 24, 2022 10:41:56 PM(UTC)
pm

Hi Richard

Thank you for your reply. Because I decided to switchover from TouchOSC to Panel Builder I wanted to be sure not to go on with dead project.

Is there a posibilty to donate for your work?

Best, Patrick
Joeboe  
#849 Posted : Saturday, June 25, 2022 11:47:30 AM(UTC)
Joeboe

Panel Builder is so good as it is, I wonder how much more can be done to it...I use it every day, and I have many templates for different setups, .. I also design my own icons, as is seen in my post.....That is a template I use regular, and Page 1 is for video only, and page 2 is audio only....I have 2 layers of inputs, the upper for preview, and I use the universal colour 'Green', and direct 'Red' at the bottom, so I can cut or set in preview, and use a transition

I use this on a laptop with 3 cameras, and 1 NDI source, multiple players, multiple audio tracks, overlays, all at my fingertips....I have no issues, as I design my templates to my likings, and as close to traditional switcher layouts, so I know where to look for items, ...Panel Builder is the best thing to happen to vMix where I am concern...I layout things where I want them, and NOT where the designer feels they look better....I am the user, so I place things where I prefer them.....I can post a full template on line for anyone who wants to use it. You will however, have to edit it to your needs...
Utpc  
#850 Posted : Saturday, July 30, 2022 7:46:20 AM(UTC)
Utpc

United States

Richard,

I just updated the latest version of vMix Panel Builder Controller. However, I was unable to open the app in my PC. I tried " Run as Administrator" but it is not working. Please help. Thank you.

Rebecca
Utpc  
#851 Posted : Saturday, July 30, 2022 7:56:09 AM(UTC)
Utpc

United States

Hi Richard,

I also revert back to previous version of vMix Panel Builder, but I lost all the panels that I built. I can't find the panels originally saved in the vMix Panel Builder folder. Now, our church Sunday service is at risk. Please help.
Joeboe  
#852 Posted : Saturday, July 30, 2022 8:46:01 AM(UTC)
Joeboe

maybe you should check to see if you are opening Desktop or Tablet mode...if you saved the last presets as Desktop, then when you updated, it may have reverted to Tablet mode....just check....had the happened to me in the early days... you can also see where you saved your presets, and double click them to open..
raugert  
#853 Posted : Sunday, July 31, 2022 2:01:06 AM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

@Utpc

The default templates should be in the ../Documents/vMix Panel Builder/Templates folder unless you changed the folder in your preferences.

Richard
raugert  
#854 Posted : Sunday, July 31, 2022 2:10:19 AM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

UPDATE: version 4.0.44

https://cli.re/vMix-Panel-Builder-4.0.44

- fixed issue where new UserIcons were not loading in iPad when syncing
- allowed editing fields whether connected or not
- fixed issue where OpenLast not loading properly
- fixed audio meters not working after last update
- changed "show button tally" default to false in prefs
- minor bug fixes

Thanks for your patience,
Richard
Joeboe  
#855 Posted : Sunday, July 31, 2022 2:33:25 AM(UTC)
Joeboe

Just did a quick test, am on assignment, so can not do a full test, but so far, it seems to be working ok....will report any bugs if I find them.....

Thanks again
Utpc  
#856 Posted : Monday, August 1, 2022 6:00:47 AM(UTC)
Utpc

United States

Hi Richard,

I just downloaded the version of 4.0.44. It gave me two options, either Mac or Wind64, I choose Wind64, extracted all, ran as administrator, but still my laptop was unable to open the application. Please help me.

Thank you for your time and efforts.

Rebecca

raugert  
#857 Posted : Monday, August 1, 2022 7:29:19 AM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

Hi Rebecca,

Installation for Windows users:

1. Unzip the downloaded file and copy the complete VMPB 4.0.44 Win64 folder to the location of your choice (usually the C:/Program Files (x86) directory)
2. Create a shortcut from the vMix Panel Builder.exe file and drag it to the desktop
4. Check the default folders in the Preferences and change them to suit your needs. The defaults are usually good for most users. They may need to be changed for networked users. Check with your network admins.
4. Copy your previous UserIcons files by selecting Tools> Import UserIcons (this will copy the files to the default folders you have selected in the Preferences)
5. Copy your previous Template files by selecting Tools> Import Templates (this will copy the files to the default folders you have selected in the Preferences)

Note: If it doesn’t open because of some windows settings, Right-Click and select ‘Properties’ then ‘Compatibility’ tab. Check “Run this program as an administrator” and “Change default settings for all users”. Click “Apply” and OK. This only needs to be done the first time you run it.

regards,
Richard
Joeboe  
#858 Posted : Monday, August 1, 2022 10:08:35 AM(UTC)
Joeboe

I just open Panel Builder, if my templates are saved as Desktop or Tablet, I select the one I use, search for my saved templates, click on the last saved one, and it opens with all icons everything ....I think Upc is doing something wrong, and not realising it...
Post a screen shot, maybe something you are not doing right
Joeboe  
#859 Posted : Monday, August 1, 2022 9:23:14 PM(UTC)
Joeboe

I ran some more tests, and I still can not get Panel Builder to sync correctly with none of my tablets....Android not loading icons, just the squares where icons should be...iPads, one loads the same thing, just the squares, another ipad loads all the icons correctly, but nothing works...and the red sync icon stays Red, so I am not getting a proper sync....

I also found that it is very CPU hungry....it is using 25.1% to 27.6% on task manager...that is a lot
raugert  
#860 Posted : Sunday, August 7, 2022 1:09:41 AM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

Hi Joeboe,

I'm not sure why you can't sync to mobile devices... Does your template work OK on the Panel Builder Desktop ? There might be something you are doing that is not compatible with the mobile devices.

The Red "connect icon" on the iPad indicates whether you are connected to vMix or not. It is not used intended for syncing your templates and user icons. If it is Red, it's because you are not connected to vMix. This could be a networking issue or a "web controller setting" within vMix.

The CPU consumption will vary depending on the computer, but it sounds a little high..

Please send me your template at info@studio793.ca. I'll see if I can find something..

thanks,
Richard