logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
daveyijzermans  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, December 14, 2016 6:28:54 PM(UTC)
daveyijzermans

Groups: Registered

Hi everyone,

So I've had a list of feature request for some time now, of which some have resolved themselves over time but some I really would like to see up for vote. So here I go:

- Setting fixed input number, not sequential to other inputs​
I plan to use a Behringer BCF2000 mixer for controlling audio. It is possible to switch banks on this mixer so you can control more than 8 inputs. However, if you have 6 video inputs and 4 audio inputs, you will continually need to switch from bank 1 (inputs 1-8) to bank 2 (inputs 9-16) to control the audio inputs, which are on inputs 7-10)

- Transition easings (ease-in-out)
Especially the slide transitions would look nicer with an easing

-​ Frame drop warning (maybe something like a red dot/exclamation mark which stays in the status bar ​until you click it)​
​- Reset Slide show/PowerPoint timer interval when manually skipping through​

​-​ Shortcut layers/modifiers. Make a key do something else depending on whether another key is pressed as well.
I have an x-keys and I have a row of buttons for preview and for program. I also have some overlay keys programmed. Currently, when I push a key it will bring the input I currently have on preview to the desired overlay, but wouldn't it be cool to hold the overlay button and then push the input you'd like to toggle? Think of it like parameters for a shortcut. Instead of having to program a dedicated key for each function per input, you can program one key to be a function and press another to pass the right input to that function.

- Input name overlays in the legacy multiviewer, the layout of which I prefer
- Make an input non-switchable (only for use to fullscreen/external output or so you can't switch to audio inputs)
- Mirror the fullscreen/external output vertically and horizontally but not the recording and streaming
- Hide the preset new/load/save buttons top left in a menu
- More aux audio buses (especially useful for use with NDI, just send an audio line over ethernet!)
- Audio limiter
- Main window borderless/fullscreen (without title bar)
- Ability to change main window background color. I would like it to be darker
- It's not really important, but can the interface font be set to the same font of the screenshots on promotion materials (like this)
I like anti-aliased fonts better, but it is a personal preference.

What would also be really cool is to let vMix make an NLE-compatible XML file while MultiRecording with cuts and transitions. So you can import the xml into editing software with most cuts and transitions in place. The rest of the footage which wasn't recorded using an iso recording or has effects on them is taken from the program recording. This would kind of rely on starting/stopping recording and multirecorder at exactly the same time which could be difficult to do...

Thanks for your interest, I hope there are some viable ideas in there.

Regards,

Davey.
IceStream  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, December 14, 2016 8:02:54 PM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
@ daveyijzermans

Welcome to the Forum. You have some interesting ideas listed Davey, some may need further clarification, some may already be possible and others perhaps not at all, but overall, I think they would be better served (+ supported) if requested individually.
It is hard to get traction on such a long list as there is lots for users to get their mind around in one sitting.
Just my thoughts.

Ice
daveyijzermans  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, December 14, 2016 9:07:57 PM(UTC)
daveyijzermans

IceStream wrote:
@ daveyijzermans

Welcome to the Forum. You have some interesting ideas listed Davey, some may need further clarification, some may already be possible and others perhaps not at all, but overall, I think they would be better served (+ supported) if requested individually.
It is hard to get traction on such a long list as there is lots for users to get their mind around in one sitting.
Just my thoughts.

Ice

Hi, thanks for your reply! Indeed it is a long list and so I opted to open one thread instead of flooding the board with individual posts. Wouldn't have been a great first impression from a new forum member! If still recommended I could open more threads for the individual features.

I've submitted these features through e-mail and Martin suggested I go through the forum first to let users "vote" for them. Which on the list do you find particularly interesting? I've updated the post with some clarifications.

Best regards,

Davey.
ask  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, December 14, 2016 11:36:27 PM(UTC)
ask

Australia

Was thanked: 199 time(s) in 181 post(s)
daveyijzermans wrote:

http://www.vmix.com/help...m?SlideShowSettings.html
daveyijzermans  
#5 Posted : Monday, December 19, 2016 6:30:50 PM(UTC)
daveyijzermans

ask wrote:
daveyijzermans wrote:

http://www.vmix.com/help...m?SlideShowSettings.html

I'm aware of the transition options for slideshows. What I mean by easings is to gradually ease in and ease out the beginning and end of transitions. This makes them appear a lot smoother.
For example with the slide or push transition, the slide would begin slow, then speed up and slow back down again just before the transition ends.

I hope that clears it up!

The merge transition already does this for the most part, it may be nice to have for the slide, push, wipe and cubebox effects as well.