logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
HighViewSport  
#1 Posted : Saturday, January 18, 2014 9:13:00 PM(UTC)
HighViewSport

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Hi Martin,

Please consider these requests for version 12.

We do live and non live sports productions for a variety of sports. I have just upgraded my vMix software to HD which is great. I have been playing with the lists feature a lot especially for slow mo replays. I have some suggestions to help add value to our productions and maybe helps other members out there too..

Feature requests:

1. Creating a new list group:
Have option to add more than one list group of videos. What I mean is having the ability to add more video lists groups to create different play lists. One play list maybe for creating your highlights real during the live game to be used later. Another play list maybe for all action plays like all goals to be shown at half or full time during the live game and with music. Could also be used for playing a group of TV commercials during the half time break. These lists can be created from using video delay feature or just new AddInput that allows new list group. Could even have option to assign colour to hide in another colour group off the main screen. Main screen should only show what you need on main screen.

2. Play list clip names shown on main screen:
Have the play list show in the actual video screen on main screen rather than having to right click and select edit. Have the full list of clips show below the player that scrolls if its a long list. Allow the same editing abilities like renaming, setting in and out points, changing order of clips, tick box for automatic play next item and tick box for which ones to play.

3. Copy play lists:
Have the option to copy all or parts of a play list to another play list.

4. Name actual video clips saved from list group:
If you rename a saved clip in your list group then the actual file name or clip name should change as well so you can quickly identify the actual clip for use later. So if you created a delayed video of a soccer goal for team A. You could rename name it 1st goal team A which means the name of the actual clips saved in your directory on your pc would be called 1st goal team A. Right now they all save as delay video with time date frame etc but we have no way to quickly identify that clip of the goal.

5. Short cuts for JKL Keys:
Set shortcuts to allow use of jkl keys to rewind a video delay for sports slow motion replay. Also have the option to have I key and O key to set in and out points respectively. Please allow for multiple taps of j & l keys to speed up rewind and fast forward just like using video editing software. Tap L key twice for 2 x or tap three times to go 3x speed respectively.

Sorry for the long request. Hope you can think of ways to implement these requests :)

Cheers and thanks for the great software!
Bryan
thanks 2 users thanked HighViewSport for this useful post.
asvtv on 1/19/2014(UTC), OpenROADer on 1/19/2014(UTC)
asvtv  
#2 Posted : Sunday, January 19, 2014 4:53:03 AM(UTC)
asvtv

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 8 post(s)
+1 for all requests
Especially for in &out shorcut and speed playback shortcut

krassesPferd  
#3 Posted : Sunday, January 19, 2014 5:30:28 AM(UTC)
krassesPferd

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
asvtv wrote:
+1 for all requests
Especially for in &out shorcut and speed playback shortcut

+1
This feature would be great for my sports productions. So it's easy to edit the highlight clips during the game in order to show them in the next break.
thanks 1 user thanked krassesPferd for this useful post.
asvtv on 1/19/2014(UTC)
Streamevent  
#4 Posted : Sunday, January 19, 2014 6:24:35 AM(UTC)
Streamevent

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 4 post(s)
+1
Simple and fast handling in sports broadcast is essential.
thanks 1 user thanked Streamevent for this useful post.
asvtv on 1/19/2014(UTC)