logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
TL68  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, January 17, 2024 9:00:27 PM(UTC)
TL68

Groups: Registered
Sweden

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hi!
Sorry if this is already covered in some other thread and I missed it. If so please point me right.

So I am trying to build a countdown timer that counts down towards a starttime defined in a Google Sheets used as datasource.

What I want is to achieve is to replace the clocktime shown in the vMix tutorial:

Countdown timer to datasource time

Is this possible and if so how?
Thanks in advance for any help with this!
doggy  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, January 17, 2024 11:00:13 PM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 920 time(s) in 759 post(s)
Originally Posted by: TL68 Go to Quoted Post
Hi!
Sorry if this is already covered in some other thread and I missed it. If so please point me right.

So I am trying to build a countdown timer that counts down towards a starttime defined in a Google Sheets used as datasource.

What I want is to achieve is to replace the clocktime shown in the vMix tutorial:

Put the data in an invisible textblock , read and convert it with a script to the proper format and put it in the appropriate textblock
TL68  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, January 17, 2024 11:06:57 PM(UTC)
TL68

Sweden

Originally Posted by: doggy Go to Quoted Post
Hi!

Put the data in an invisible textblock , read and convert it with a script to the proper format and put it in the appropriate textblock

Thanks for responding! Unfortunately I do not know how to script :-(. Any chance you can help me out here with some basic samples?
I have the data source setup working and can make a hidden textblock in a title. But then..?
dmwkr  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, January 17, 2024 11:14:43 PM(UTC)
dmwkr

Was thanked: 119 time(s) in 108 post(s)
Also, if you have control over the Google Sheet, you can use an aditional column that computes the correct string for vMix Countdown to Time.
TL68  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, January 17, 2024 11:36:27 PM(UTC)
TL68

Sweden

Originally Posted by: dmwkr Go to Quoted Post
Also, if you have control over the Google Sheet, you can use an aditional column that computes the correct string for vMix Countdown to Time.

THanks! But not sure I understand... How do you mean that sheets would recalculate every second and then fetch that into a title? Would not that mean a lot of updates for the data source?

EDIT: YES NOW I UNDERSTAND! Sorry, late in the afternoon here in Sweden so brain is a bit slow
dmwkr  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, January 17, 2024 11:46:09 PM(UTC)
dmwkr

Was thanked: 119 time(s) in 108 post(s)

THanks! But not sure I understand... How do you mean that sheets would recalculate every second and then fetch that into a title? Would not that mean a lot of updates for the data source?

No, just write "{0:07:00:00PM|HH:mm:ss}" into the Google Sheets cell. Or, if you prefer to only write "07:00:00PM" into the Google Sheet, use a second cell that computes "{0:07:00:00PM|HH:mm:ss}" for the vMix title.
thanks 1 user thanked dmwkr for this useful post.
TL68 on 1/17/2024(UTC)
TL68  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, January 17, 2024 11:53:01 PM(UTC)
TL68

Sweden

No, just write "{0:07:00:00PM|HH:mm:ss}" into the Google Sheets cell. Or, if you prefer to only write "07:00:00PM" into the Google Sheet, use a second cell that computes "{0:07:00:00PM|HH:mm:ss}" for the vMix title.

Hahaha, right when you posted this I posted in the previous post that I figured this out myself!

One more question: is there any way to do this computation in 24h format and not need the AM/PM parameter?

EDIT: figured that one out too. I just use format 0:16:00 instead of 0:04:00 PM. No need to change any setting. Great!

Thanks for all help guys! Really appreciated!
doggy  
#8 Posted : Thursday, January 18, 2024 1:42:35 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 920 time(s) in 759 post(s)
Originally Posted by: doggy Go to Quoted Post

Thanks for responding! Unfortunately I do not know how to script :-(. Any chance you can help me out here with some basic samples?
I have the data source setup working and can make a hidden textblock in a title. But then..?

"Scripting for dummies" post
thanks 1 user thanked doggy for this useful post.
T68 on 1/18/2024(UTC)
TL68  
#9 Posted : Thursday, January 18, 2024 1:54:13 AM(UTC)
TL68

Sweden

Got the setup working now by doing the calculations for the Countdown to Time parameter in the sheets document I use as data source. Works like a charm!