logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

5 Pages123>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
admin  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, October 25, 2022 2:10:58 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4132 time(s) in 1486 post(s)
vMix 26 Preview (26.0.0.18 Beta) is here!

Disclaimer: This is a preview release for those who like to live on the edge! There will still be some bugs, so it should not be used in productions.

Your feedback is greatly appreciated, please report any bugs or issues in this thread.

Updates: If you purchased vMix prior to 1 January 2021, an additional purchase is required to use this beta or a new Trial may be possible if you have only used the Trial once in the past. Finally, an edition upgrade (say from HD to 4K) will also include 12 months of free updates.
https://account.vmix.com/order/?Upgrade=1

Note: New features should not be submitted here, please use the Feature Requests forum instead.

Download Links

vMix
https://cdn.vmix.com/download/vmix26preview.exe

New Features and Changes

* Input Effects
New Gaussian Blur effect for inputs
New LUT effect for inputs. Supports PNG (OBS style) and CUBE files (Davinci Resolve etc)

* Stream Delay
New Stream Delay option in Quality settings for streams. See help file for more information.

* New Vertical Production tools
Vertical HD preset (1920p)
Vertical GT Templates
90 degree rotate button in Position tab, will zoom to fit new rotated source
Automatic detection of rotation in MP4 files recorded using smart phones

* NDI 5.5
vMix 26 now includes built-in support for the latest NDI 5.5.
Note, many new NDI features are in the free NDI Tools NDI.tv so check that out for more information.

* 15 Mix inputs total in 4K, Pro and Max
Also now support Output Only Mode on Mix Inputs, which hides the preview and preview/output controls for a more compact input.

* SRT Multi-Track Audio Support for Input and Output
In addition to the existing multi-channel audio in a single track, vMix now supports the ability to receive multiple tracks of audio which will be combined automatically and made available to the input's channel matrix and mixer.
On the output side, support added to split the single multi-channel track into multiple stereo audio tracks instead.

* Web Browser Input Updated
Chromium Version 103 for compatibility with newer web sites

* PTZ support for Insta360 Link with MF (Media Foundation) driver for better performance.
* Bluefish444 Key+Fill support on selected cards
* SRT support for Instant Replay. To use an SRT input as a replay source, first untick Use Hardware Decoder when adding the SRT input.
* New Audio Matrix presets to allow easy select of a stereo pair to Master
* Added support for 1440p productions and replay
* GT Line Spacing added
* TopRight align option added for GT Images
* Workaround for limited D3D9 support issue on newer Intel Graphics (ARC and 12th Gen laptop graphics)
* New Replay shortcuts: ReplayMarkInOutLiveFuture, ReplaySetChannelAToBTimecode, ReplaySetChannelBToATimecode, ReplaySetTimecode
* New Facebook Stream Key destination for manual streams
* All old XAML title templates have been moved to Legacy tab.
* Input names now appear in Input Settings - Position dropdown

Documentation

https://help.vmix.com/26/

Regards,

Martin
vMix
thanks 29 users thanked admin for this useful post.
doggy on 10/25/2022(UTC), monamiga on 10/25/2022(UTC), nikosman88 on 10/25/2022(UTC), RichDanby on 10/25/2022(UTC), MickeyMJJ on 10/25/2022(UTC), eduardocfs on 10/25/2022(UTC), Gunnar on 10/25/2022(UTC), TenSob_ on 10/25/2022(UTC), MycroBeat99 on 10/25/2022(UTC), berryv97 on 10/25/2022(UTC), Streamverse.tv on 10/26/2022(UTC), raugert on 10/26/2022(UTC), saumyanuwanka on 10/26/2022(UTC), sinc747 on 10/26/2022(UTC), stigaard on 10/26/2022(UTC), paco3346 on 10/26/2022(UTC), avsoundguy on 10/26/2022(UTC), Chircanu on 10/26/2022(UTC), ask on 10/27/2022(UTC), QuintvK on 10/27/2022(UTC), StepBackInTime_TV on 10/28/2022(UTC), RichShumaker on 10/29/2022(UTC), Soundfloss on 11/1/2022(UTC), STADIORADIO on 11/2/2022(UTC), jet on 11/15/2022(UTC), DWAM on 11/24/2022(UTC), Metroplex Mobile Studio on 11/30/2022(UTC), prass on 12/29/2022(UTC), CnVis on 1/3/2023(UTC)
doggy  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, October 26, 2022 5:35:14 AM(UTC)
doggy

Groups: Registered
Belgium

Was thanked: 913 time(s) in 752 post(s)
Originally Posted by: doa Go to Quoted Post
It looks like the blank input is not blank anymore.

(Arrow next to add input on the bottom left, then select blank)

What is different then ?
doggy  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, October 26, 2022 5:39:17 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 913 time(s) in 752 post(s)
Canceling (not selecting from the filebrowser) a different LUT gives an "invalid LUT filename" error
RichDanby  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, October 26, 2022 9:28:11 PM(UTC)
RichDanby

United Kingdom

Was thanked: 26 time(s) in 24 post(s)
Not a bug, but also not really a feature request (though it is posted here). It would be really helpful if Chromium could be updated as close to current as possible in the final release. v107 is out now and 104 & 105 in particular had some big CSS improvements that I feel will be used widely during the lifetime of vMix 26.
admin  
#5 Posted : Friday, October 28, 2022 5:57:54 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

Before it was transparent now its black

It has never been transparent by default, you will need to go to Add Input - Colour and select Transparent there.
thanks 3 users thanked admin for this useful post.
doa on 10/28/2022(UTC), eduardocfs on 10/30/2022(UTC), jpetrie on 1/18/2023(UTC)
doa  
#6 Posted : Friday, October 28, 2022 7:06:26 PM(UTC)
doa

Man
Netherlands

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: admin Go to Quoted Post

Before it was transparent now its black

It has never been transparent by default, you will need to go to Add Input - Colour and select Transparent there.

I was so sure about this, sorry.
RichDanby  
#7 Posted : Friday, October 28, 2022 7:10:30 PM(UTC)
RichDanby

United Kingdom

I just found a couple of things while playing with SRT replay.

If you have hardware acceleration on for an SRT input and you try to configure instant replay you get a Video Source Not Ready (Replay_ConfigureWindow.Replay.Validate) error. I know this shouldn't work but, since this feels like it's going to be a common stumbling block with people using SRT in replay, an error that points to HWacc might save you, and users, some time. If you try to start replay recording with an input configured like that - say you set it up with HWacc off but had later changed it to on to try to improve performance - you get a similar error.

I also found this odd case that may or may not be new in vMix26 but might be hit a bit more with people using SRT in replay or multi channel audio over SRT where you can end up with video delayed on a SRT input but audio not delayed.
To recreate...
Set up Output 1 for SRT. Audio MABC, Listener, Port 10000, Latency 200, Do not split stereo pairs.
Add a video clip as an input
Add a colour bars input
Add an SRT input to 127.0.0.1, Port 10000, Latency 200, HW decoder enabled
Cut between the video and colour bars on Output and the SRT input updates slightly behind as expected
Then go into the SRT input and change it to disable the HW decoder
Cut between the video and colour bars on Output again and the audio switches as before but the video is delayed by a few seconds

This seems to only happen when sending multiple audio channels and only when they aren't split, though I haven't tried all combinations. From some more testing it isn't connected to turning HW decode on or off, going in to change the input and leaving the settings the same has the same result. Each time you edit the input video is delayed by about 4 more seconds.

While writing this out I had the SRT input drift so the video was 2 minutes behind what was showing on output, and I didn't edit the input that many times. I can't recreate that drift at the moment.
RichDanby  
#8 Posted : Friday, October 28, 2022 8:11:46 PM(UTC)
RichDanby

United Kingdom

If you apply an effect to a camera input it shows in the replay sources view but isn't applied when events are played out. This could catch people out as it is different to how other input adjustments are handled: -
If you apply a position transform to a camera input it doesn't show in the replay sources view and isn't applied when they are played out.
If you apply a colour adjustments to a camera input it shows in the replay sources view and is applied when they are played out (though it takes the current settings not the settings that were used when the event was saved)

I'd still love to see mix inputs accepted as replay sources as I fell they could solve a lot of these issues and add flexibility https://forums.vmix.com/posts/t2...y--Mix-inputs-as-sources
admin  
#9 Posted : Saturday, October 29, 2022 2:55:19 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

Rich,

Replay only works with raw sources, much like MultiCorder.
This is by design, and performance would be severely reduced if it didn't do things this way.

So this is by design and to be expected, if you need blur effects on a source, you would have to use one of the 4 outputs.
(And even then you will reach GPU bottlenecks must quicker than using an input directly)

This is also why it is not possible to use Mix inputs with replay, and won't be possible in the future.

Regards,

Martin
vMix
thanks 1 user thanked admin for this useful post.
eduardocfs on 10/30/2022(UTC)
RichDanby  
#10 Posted : Saturday, October 29, 2022 4:11:30 AM(UTC)
RichDanby

United Kingdom

Thanks Martin. That's unfortunate regarding mix inputs, but understandable and at least I know not to keep hoping for it - maybe one day hardware will allow you to push things even further.

If there is a way for effects to not show in the replay preview windows, like position adjustments don't, that would help people avoid getting caught out and only remembering that restriction when they play out an event, but it's probably not worth a big change to how those previews are coded.

petrav73  
#11 Posted : Sunday, October 30, 2022 2:20:48 AM(UTC)
petrav73

vMix 26 looking good. The gaussian blur is not useable on my newest laptop (a lot of freezed frames), while on the 2019 model it's really good.

The one that is not has a RTX3060 processor.

Videocards are not my expertise. The is a Nvidia control panel application

Thanks
Petra
apocnz  
#12 Posted : Tuesday, November 1, 2022 6:24:24 AM(UTC)
apocnz

Any chance of API/shortcut control over Input effects ?
melody  
#13 Posted : Tuesday, November 1, 2022 8:15:07 AM(UTC)

Groups:

hi admin, great job on this release.

is there any possibility to implement rtmp server as input? making reference to this request https://forums.vmix.com/...9400-vMix-as-RTMP-Server

sorry to spam it, but this simple feature can be easily implemented through ffmpeg (it has listen mode which is great) and can be another BIG step ahead on live video production, i realy dont know about related software with this feature.

thanks in advance, have a great week.

melody
Soundfloss  
#14 Posted : Tuesday, November 1, 2022 9:54:38 AM(UTC)
Soundfloss

Great!

I noticed my own personal "title" folder I added & was using in v25, is no longer on v26 after update, I have to manually add them again even thought the folder I created was still in the vMix Title Folder.
admin  
#15 Posted : Tuesday, November 1, 2022 12:01:39 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

Originally Posted by: Soundfloss Go to Quoted Post
Great!

I noticed my own personal "title" folder I added & was using in v25, is no longer on v26 after update, I have to manually add them again even thought the folder I created was still in the vMix Title Folder.

It is important that you do not place custom titles (or virtual sets etc) into the vMix installation directory.
vMix manages these folders and the installer may delete or modify any it does not recognise during installation.
thanks 2 users thanked admin for this useful post.
eduardocfs on 11/1/2022(UTC), jpetrie on 1/18/2023(UTC)
Soundfloss  
#16 Posted : Tuesday, November 1, 2022 4:44:26 PM(UTC)
Soundfloss

Originally Posted by: admin Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Soundfloss Go to Quoted Post
Great!

It is important that you do not place custom titles (or virtual sets etc) into the vMix installation directory.
vMix manages these folders and the installer may delete or modify any it does not recognise during installation.

The Folder is still in the directory but the Titles-Folder is not showing up in vMix.
The Folder was created AFTER installation & files were add too AFTER installation.
admin  
#17 Posted : Tuesday, November 1, 2022 4:50:39 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

Regardless, you should not be modifying the vMix installation directory at all.
vMix has special code for reading those folders based on various title formats, it is not a 1:1 relationship between the tabs shown in vMix
and the title folders.

Therefore please place your folders elsewhere and browser to them as needed, as it is not supported to setup your own folders in the vMix install folder.
thanks 1 user thanked admin for this useful post.
eduardocfs on 11/1/2022(UTC)
gzifcak  
#18 Posted : Wednesday, November 2, 2022 1:27:22 AM(UTC)
gzifcak

United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Very happy to see the 1920p preset, but I wish it was truly a vertical canvas and only rendering 1080x1920. Recording outputs is still very resource intensive, and specialty transitions still do not work correctly with a cropped 16:9 canvas. Cube Zoom and Slide make this obvious. Not to mention all the wasted GUI space on inputs. We will have to stick with sideways vMix and external encoder for now because of these issues.

But it works for native vertical streams!

Rotate: Why does the 90 degree rotate button shrink the image? Taking a 1080x1920 file and bringing it into a 1920x1080 vMix preset (happy to see it's no longer stretched!) and then hitting the rotate button shrinks the image to less than 1/3 the size. I have to zoom by 3.155 to get the file to fill the input, even though the source is the same pixel dimensions as the canvas.

Ah I get it. Release notes say "will zoom to fit rotated source." If I bring in a 1920x1080 image and rotate, it fits the vertical dimensions. Rotating an input that is already vertical zooms it out by the same amount, rather than fitting the canvas size. Personally I'd prefer all manual zoom rather than having to manually correct an auto-zoom that's in the wrong direction. "Scale to Fit" is the auto-zoom we need.
Salvatore  
#19 Posted : Thursday, November 3, 2022 5:00:55 AM(UTC)
Salvatore

Italy

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Hi Martin,
playing with the new Mix Inputs I just found two things:

1. name changes are not updated in the mix inputs list
(update works only after press cut or fade)
rename.JPG (27kb) downloaded 1 time(s).

2. after switch to "Show Output only" the Mix Input don't hides the preview and preview/output controls for a more compact input.

Screenshot1:
look at Mix9

Mix_0001.JPG (40kb) downloaded 5 time(s).

Screenshot2:
-or maybe it's the other way: after switch back from "Show Output only" the Mix Input Window shows only the Output picture

Mix_0003.JPG (23kb) downloaded 1 time(s).

unfortunately I could't reproduce that
(for a moment i thought it had something to do with the Input Categories, but it wasn't)
RichShumaker  
#20 Posted : Thursday, November 3, 2022 6:01:33 AM(UTC)
RichShumaker

United States

Was thanked: 28 time(s) in 23 post(s)
As an HD Basic User can you produce Vertical Video(9:16) Recorded Content? I know I can stream VV(9:16) as a center cut.
It seems the current VV(9:16) process will require a 4K system minimum.

Also will there be a 1440p version or will that require the 4K version?

I know the SD version is no longer available could a 1440P limited input version slot inbetween Basic HD and HD somewhere with the 1440p having a (Edit for VV sizing) 1280P(Vertical Video) or larger option? Could the Center Cut be upscaled to 1920p from the 1440?

Love the Provided LUTs they work great with a Blur on a layer underneath the VV for a 16:9 to VV look.
thanks 1 user thanked RichShumaker for this useful post.
zouliming on 12/7/2022(UTC)