logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

13 Pages«<7891011>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
elvis55  
#161 Posted : Tuesday, January 5, 2021 6:36:03 AM(UTC)
elvis55

Groups: Registered
Switzerland

Was thanked: 55 time(s) in 49 post(s)
Originally Posted by: admin Go to Quoted Post
For those with Windows Defender issues, open a command prompt as administrator and try the following:

cd %ProgramFiles%\Windows Defender
MpCmdRun.exe -removedefinitions -dynamicsignatures
MpCmdRun.exe -SignatureUpdate

I have now excluded vMix in Defender. So far no more problems with deleting the exe file.

https://docs.microsoft.c...osoft-defender-antivirus

thanks 1 user thanked elvis55 for this useful post.
eduardocfs on 1/5/2021(UTC)
macronate  
#162 Posted : Wednesday, January 6, 2021 8:16:43 AM(UTC)
macronate

United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Love the borders feature in 24! One note. The thickness of the border seems to be effected if that layer is zoomed. So it's a complete guess to get consistent borders with varying zoomed layers. Ideally a thickness of 10 shouldn't change with the zooming of the input. If that makes sense?
thanks 1 user thanked macronate for this useful post.
seb666 on 1/23/2021(UTC)
stevespaw  
#163 Posted : Saturday, January 9, 2021 5:31:51 AM(UTC)
stevespaw

Man

Was thanked: 75 time(s) in 57 post(s)
VST plugins disappear between clips in Lists:

I am using v.24 but this may be an issue in v.23.

If I have a list of MP3's and apply a VST plugin, the Plugin gets deleted when it switches to the next clip.

Thanks,
Steve
roverradio  
#164 Posted : Sunday, January 10, 2021 2:25:33 PM(UTC)
roverradio

United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
If you open an input and go to Positions (where some custom values have been entered for Zoom, Pan, etc. then close it and then do the same on another input, the values shown for some of the custom values will incorrect (will be from the previous values of the other input). This happens when going from layer to layer on the same input I believe.

It may only happen if you change a value (then go to another layer, it will show the value you updated where the value of the new layer is not correct)...I'll have to pay closer attention. It is very common though when editing layer positions.

If you can't replicate, let me know and I'll screengrab it.
sam602  
#165 Posted : Monday, January 11, 2021 12:23:50 AM(UTC)
sam602

Trinidad And Tobago

I discovered...The latest update I cannot assign Bus C..G to an input ..even after ticking it on the input...its not working and the button does not appear. It was working in the prevous update.
Also, assigning a custom color in the system to a boarder.. text etc...save it ..once you leave and return its no longer in the save slot.
RichDanby  
#166 Posted : Monday, January 11, 2021 12:56:34 AM(UTC)
RichDanby

United Kingdom

Was thanked: 26 time(s) in 24 post(s)
Originally Posted by: roverradio Go to Quoted Post
If you open an input and go to Positions (where some custom values have been entered for Zoom, Pan, etc. then close it and then do the same on another input, the values shown for some of the custom values will incorrect (will be from the previous values of the other input). This happens when going from layer to layer on the same input I believe

I tried to recreate this and the only minor bug I found is with the Zoom value if a layer's Zoom X and Zoom Y are different.
Set Layer 1 Zoom X to 0.5 and Zoom Y to 1.5.
Set Layer 2 Zoom to some random value.
Go back to Layer 1 and the Zoom slider is disabled and centred but the value is retained from Layer 2
The value for Zoom is also enabled and can be edited but doesn't affect anything.
None of this causes any issue but it would be clearer if the zoom value was disabled and set to something like a hypen or blank.

Originally Posted by: sam602 Go to Quoted Post
I discovered...The latest update I cannot assign Bus C..G to an input ..even after ticking it on the input...its not working and the button does not appear. It was working in the prevous update.

Seems to be working as normal here.

sam602  
#167 Posted : Tuesday, January 12, 2021 1:16:09 AM(UTC)
sam602

Trinidad And Tobago

Originally Posted by: RichDanby Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: roverradio Go to Quoted Post
If you open an input and go to Positions (where some custom values have been entered for Zoom, Pan, etc. then close it and then do the same on another input, the values shown for some of the custom values will incorrect (will be from the previous values of the other input). This happens when going from layer to layer on the same input I believe

I tried to recreate this and the only minor bug I found is with the Zoom value if a layer's Zoom X and Zoom Y are different.
Go back to Layer 1 and the Zoom slider is disabled and centred but the value is retained from Layer 2
The value for Zoom is also enabled and can be edited but doesn't affect anything.
None of this causes any issue but it would be clearer if the zoom value was disabled and set to something like a hypen or blank.

Originally Posted by: sam602 Go to Quoted Post

Seems to be working as normal here.

I rechecked the Bus They work. I think the ui was changed and the buttons no longer show on the inputs once ticked
Rinsky  
#168 Posted : Saturday, January 16, 2021 7:26:24 AM(UTC)
Rinsky

Was thanked: 39 time(s) in 35 post(s)
Bug:

When a replay being event is played while you're working inside the attached replay window and you want to go to the audio mixer tab, the replay event starts to play again at the beginning.

I had this error twice on a live production today.
suburbazine  
#169 Posted : Monday, January 18, 2021 3:54:34 AM(UTC)
suburbazine

Issue in v24:

NDI output streams are very choppy- not an issue in v23.
Youtube streams are extremely choppy- partial issue in v23 as well
admin  
#170 Posted : Monday, January 18, 2021 11:55:31 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4135 time(s) in 1487 post(s)
Originally Posted by: suburbazine Go to Quoted Post
Issue in v24:

NDI output streams are very choppy- not an issue in v23.
Youtube streams are extremely choppy- partial issue in v23 as well

We are not able to replicate this behavior, sounds like something might have changed in your setup.
You can drop us an email and send a support report in vMix if you would like us to take a further look.
Rinsky  
#171 Posted : Tuesday, January 19, 2021 6:10:26 AM(UTC)
Rinsky

Originally Posted by: Rinsky Go to Quoted Post
Bug:

When a replay being event is played while you're working inside the attached replay window and you want to go to the audio mixer tab, the replay event starts to play again at the beginning.

I had this error twice on a live production today.

Actually...the problem is when going back to the instant replay tab, not going to the audio mixer tab.
Rinsky  
#172 Posted : Thursday, January 21, 2021 7:54:39 PM(UTC)
Rinsky

Another slight error:

I am using one Vmix machine to playout graphics with alpha channel and send them to a hardware video mixer.

It's possible to fade-in those graphics and videos, but not possible to fade them out, when noting else is underneath the them.

It just makes a cut, when using the fade transition.

It would be great to also have fade out in this case.
richardgatarski  
#173 Posted : Thursday, January 21, 2021 9:50:40 PM(UTC)
richardgatarski

Was thanked: 292 time(s) in 246 post(s)
I still think it is a bug that GT 2.0.0.40 displays (unwanted) graphics bounded to a layer that is empty (e.g. an empty text field).

Compare https://forums.vmix.com/...avior-on-Empty-TextBlock
richardgatarski  
#174 Posted : Thursday, January 21, 2021 11:13:19 PM(UTC)
richardgatarski

Was thanked: 292 time(s) in 246 post(s)
Regarding the behaviour of global/local script management.

If a Setting already contains a global script named "Test", and a Preset containing the script "Test" is opened, you end up with two "Test" scripts.
My suggestion is that the user instead gets a warning, asking to keep or overwrite the global script. For keep, perhaps also ask if include it with a different name.

When Presets are opened, I would expect checkboxes not only for all the Inputs, but also for the scripts.

I noticed that Local scripts are differentiated in the Scripts editor by bold typeface. A differentiation is necessary, but I think it would be easier for the user to have each script marked with a "L" or "G". As it is now one has to know and remember that bold means local.

It is not possible to remove a Local script, it must first be made Global. Not sure why that is so.

I also noticed that the new functionality with Local scripts is not documented in the Help.

On a side note, related to the FR where this idea of Local scripts perhaps originated. There some of us would like to see the possibility to also Export/Import scripts.
admin  
#175 Posted : Friday, January 22, 2021 3:00:16 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

Another slight error:

I am using one Vmix machine to playout graphics with alpha channel and send them to a hardware video mixer.

It's possible to fade-in those graphics and videos, but not possible to fade them out, when noting else is underneath the them.

This is exactly what you would expect fading a transparent image over the top of something else, there is nothing to fade in!
You can use overlays to fade in and out on top of a transparent image as a workaround, but it is technically impossible to do this on the main transitions.
admin  
#176 Posted : Friday, January 22, 2021 3:11:08 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

vMix 24.0.0.42 beta released

https://cdn.vmix.com/download/vmix24preview.exe

* Included over 300 new title templates, including titles, social and stingers.
* Data Sources will no longer load on startup from previous session. They will load only when opening a preset.
This can be turned back on via Settings -> Options if needed
* SRT outputs will no longer start up automatically if used in previous session. They will start only when opening a preset.
This can be turned back on via Settings -> Options if needed
* Updated SRT library to latest 1.4.2 release
* SRT options in External menu now show hostname/port to help identify outputs. Outputs that have not yet been configured are now disabled in the list.
* Audio mixers were not hiding correctly when using category search feature
* Bad NDI sources can sometimes have too much audio leading to memory leak, vMix now puts an upper limit on how much audio it can receive.
* Improved performance when loading recent titles list where titles are on a no longer connected network share
* Hidden stinger transitions from Mix input since they are not supported
* Production Clock did not support fractions in hour offset, this has now been corrected.
* ReplayStopEvents was not showing channel dropdown
* API XML now includes gainDb value
* Vimeo API updated to support recent changes
* Fixed replay playback stopping when switching tabs (such as to audio mixer).
* Fixed number on audio mixers not allowing three digit numbers.
* Fixed Alerts showing FTB alert even after the option is disabled in Settings.

This update is expected to be the last beta fore final release. We have looked through the forum feedback and fixed all outstanding bugs we are aware of.
There were many other reports based on misunderstandings of how features are intended to work, so these have not been "fixed" as such.
If you still believe your report is valid, please submit again the bug here.

Regards,

Martin
vMix
thanks 15 users thanked admin for this useful post.
stigaard on 1/22/2021(UTC), doggy on 1/22/2021(UTC), chiscort on 1/22/2021(UTC), raugert on 1/23/2021(UTC), Rinsky on 1/23/2021(UTC), stevespaw on 1/23/2021(UTC), DWAM on 1/23/2021(UTC), eduardocfs on 1/23/2021(UTC), ask on 1/24/2021(UTC), monamiga on 1/24/2021(UTC), Roi on 1/25/2021(UTC), sinc747 on 1/25/2021(UTC), seb666 on 1/27/2021(UTC), QuiapoChurch on 1/29/2021(UTC), Ario on 2/4/2021(UTC)
RichDanby  
#177 Posted : Friday, January 22, 2021 8:53:45 PM(UTC)
RichDanby

United Kingdom

Was thanked: 26 time(s) in 24 post(s)
Not found any interesting bugs but a few minor things: -

SRT option in External menu doesn't show the right hand arrow until it has been hovered over once.

The category search feature term is saved with presets, and when relaunching vMix, but there seems no way to open the category without confirming the Input Search form. Could it be set so left click opens the results directly if a value is set and right click edits the search? If no value is set then left click also shows the form to enter a search term. I think it would be even more useful if that form allowed you to enter a list of search terms so you could have multiple search categories available. I guess that depends on whether you see it being used just as a tool to find an input in a hurry or if it is to be used as an extension of the colour categories.

This still happens with input layers
Originally Posted by: RichDanby Go to Quoted Post

I've just noticed that, in the case that Zoom X is different to Zoom Y, the Zoom Reset button doesn't do anything. I would expect that to still reset all the Zoom values to 1.

If you enter an invalid value into the position form, e.g. Zoom=10 or Pan X=5, then the field turns red. If you select a different layer, or close the form and open a different input, that field stays red even though it now has a valid value.
Rinsky  
#178 Posted : Saturday, January 23, 2021 2:54:08 AM(UTC)
Rinsky

Another slight error:

I think this one is still valid, because it worms one way, but not the other way around.
admin  
#179 Posted : Saturday, January 23, 2021 3:01:48 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

Please see my previous reply, what it is doing is technically correct. Transparent sources have literally nothing to fade over another source.
Rinsky  
#180 Posted : Saturday, January 23, 2021 4:46:56 AM(UTC)
Rinsky

Originally Posted by: admin Go to Quoted Post
Please see my previous reply, what it is doing is technically correct. Transparent sources have literally nothing to fade over another source.

Oh damn sorry... Didn't See this Post because I just saw your Post with the Version Update.

And yes, I totally understand that and Also thought that this is the problem.. But the weird thing is that it worked when transitioning in