logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

13 Pages<12345>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jammerxd  
#41 Posted : Monday, October 26, 2020 6:45:14 AM(UTC)
jammerxd

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I've got an issue with activators. I'd like to setup my stream deck so that the input is green when not in preview nor live, yellow when in preview, and red when live. However, if I add the Default as green, the InputPreview as yellow, then the Input as red, the key on the streamdeck turns green when the input is selected for preview and red when live. Based on the rules, it should be yellow if in preview. Is this a bug?
admin  
#42 Posted : Monday, October 26, 2020 12:53:02 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4135 time(s) in 1487 post(s)
Originally Posted by: zntgrg Go to Quoted Post
No overlays on outputs 2,3,4. Only overlays 7 and 8 (aka stinger 3 and 4) works.

This is because you only have 7 and 8 configured. Click the button in the Output settings to turn the others back on.
admin  
#43 Posted : Monday, October 26, 2020 12:53:49 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

Originally Posted by: jammerxd Go to Quoted Post
I've got an issue with activators. I'd like to setup my stream deck so that the input is green when not in preview nor live, yellow when in preview, and red when live. However, if I add the Default as green, the InputPreview as yellow, then the Input as red, the key on the streamdeck turns green when the input is selected for preview and red when live. Based on the rules, it should be yellow if in preview. Is this a bug?

No, only one activator can be assigned to a button at the time. (besides default)
doggy  
#44 Posted : Monday, October 26, 2020 5:06:04 PM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 916 time(s) in 755 post(s)
Originally Posted by: admin Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: zntgrg Go to Quoted Post
No overlays on outputs 2,3,4. Only overlays 7 and 8 (aka stinger 3 and 4) works.

This is because you only have 7 and 8 configured. Click the button in the Output settings to turn the others back on.

Sorry Martin, same issue in my case on output 4 , no way to activate overlay 1-6
and no turn all ON/OFF anymore ?
admin  
#45 Posted : Monday, October 26, 2020 8:00:10 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

We will fix the missing All On/Off options, however I just tested Output 4
and can turn off all overlay channels including 4 just fine, so you may need to provide specific steps
to replicate.
thanks 1 user thanked admin for this useful post.
eduardocfs on 12/10/2020(UTC)
doggy  
#46 Posted : Monday, October 26, 2020 8:19:15 PM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 916 time(s) in 755 post(s)
We will fix the missing All On/Off options, however I just tested Output 4
and can turn off all overlay channels including 4 just fine, so you may need to provide specific steps
to replicate.

Ok, i made a new project and all was good
Loaded previous (v23) and then v24 saved preset and the problem reappeared.
pm  
#47 Posted : Tuesday, October 27, 2020 4:05:59 AM(UTC)
pm

Was thanked: 32 time(s) in 27 post(s)
Hello

I spent a day with the new replay system. Instant Replay Controller is detached from the main interface and has its own monitor. These are my findings so far.

After selecting a new event, select/deselect camera angles or scrubbing thru the recording, every time the audio level meter is shown beside the A/B preview window for a short moment. That's confusing for the operator because it makes no real sense.

There is a new option "Play audio when speed is below 100%". If I disable this option, set speed to 75% and play an event, the audio level meter is shown beside the A/B preview window. That's also confusing for the operator (no audio should play). The visibility of the audio level meter should be linked to the mentioned setting.

If I select one of the outputs 1-4 as a replay source, the text of the different labels (angle columns, preview split) is also Output 1-4. I would prefer having the name of the routed input there. Or a combination like "Output 1 (the name of the input)". The reason is that the director normally calls the camera number (which is visible in his multiview) and he has no clue about which camera is routed to which output.

A/B split mode: If I'm working in channel A, it should be better visible that channel A is selected. Currently only the small A button is set to green. I would prefer to have a more visible indicator. One idea could be that the blue textbox below the A preview window is also changing to green. The same when channel B is selected.

A/B split mode: If an event is playing in a channel, the highlighted event should also change its color to red (not stay orange). So it's more clear for an operator that there is currently a playing event.

A/B split mode: In my opinion the speed setting should not be individual between A and B. It should always be the same.

A/B split mode: I don't get the workflow how channel B should be switched onair.
- Select A
- Create event in A
- Select camera angles in A
- Press "Play events" -> A is onair
- Select B
- Create another event in B, adjust an already existing event
- And now, how to switch to B when A is finished?
What was the underlying workflow to implement the A/B split?

Thanks for considering some ideas!

Best regards,
Patrick
Rinsky  
#48 Posted : Wednesday, October 28, 2020 12:37:02 AM(UTC)
Rinsky

Was thanked: 39 time(s) in 35 post(s)
Hi Patrick,

regarding your concerns about the A/B workflow....I don't get it either. Right now it doesn't really work/doesn't make sense to work with two different channels.

That's why I posted this feature request:

https://forums.vmix.com/posts/t2...nt-Replay---Cut-Fade-A-B
sinc747  
#49 Posted : Thursday, October 29, 2020 2:46:41 AM(UTC)
sinc747

Man
United States

Was thanked: 194 time(s) in 160 post(s)
Did some testing uploading Replay Exported video clips to various social media with mixed results.

• Twitter would not accept a MP4 video clip exported from Replay. Not in HQ or Med format. Twitter routinely does not accept AVI.

• Facebook will accept, post and play a MP4 clip. Facebook will accept vMix AVI clip exported from Replay, but Facebook never notifies that it is available for viewing. Tried a "repaired" vMix AVI video clip with same result. When checking the list of Facebook Video files that were uploaded, Facebook shows the AVI file but will not play it: "Sorry, we're having trouble playing this video."

• LinkedIn will accept, post and play a MP4 clip. LinkedIn does not accept AVI.

• YouTube will accept, post and play both a MP4 clips. YouTube accepted, but did not process the vMix AVI clip. "Processing abandoned. The video could not be processed."

- Tom
tracecomplete  
#50 Posted : Sunday, November 1, 2020 2:26:40 PM(UTC)
tracecomplete

United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: ClementN Go to Quoted Post

Dynamic Inputs and Dynamic Values supported. Whatever is set with these functions can be recalled by typing in "DynamicValue1-4" as the Value field, or selecting the Dynamic options in the Input dropdown.

How we set and re-set the Dynamic Inputs and Dynamic Values for further use?

Didn't find anything related in the "Shortcut Function Reference".

Trying to figure this out, too. Anybody able to point me in the right direction?

EDIT: spent some time on this. There's great potential here but this super doesn't work right now. The text interpolation stuff (I assume) is wonky; I can't pass the value "DynamicValue1,1000" to SetVolumeFade and I can't seem to pass "0" to SetDynamicInput1 in order to set the dynamic input to the current preview input. Definitely can't figure out how to pass "Hover" to it.

I'm excited to see this actually work, though.
admin  
#51 Posted : Thursday, November 5, 2020 5:18:53 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

vMix 24.0.0.37 beta released

https://cdn.vmix.com/download/vmix24preview.exe

* Added support for custom Names on Audio Buses
* Added checkbox in Settings -> Audio "Hide Audio Mixers based on selected Category"
* Added support for saving scripts in local preset, similar to how shortcuts work.
* Fixed SRT indicator button may not always turn red on successful connection.
* Added support for setting quality on vMix AVI in Recording and MultiCorder. HQ is the default and same as prior releases, SQ and LQ
offer smaller file sizes at lower quality.

* Added fix for memory leak / performance issue when using apps like Companion which open a new connection each time when polling.

* Fixed All On/Off Overlay toggle missing in Settings -> Outputs
thanks 14 users thanked admin for this useful post.
chiscort on 11/5/2020(UTC), dmwkr on 11/5/2020(UTC), ClausKogler on 11/5/2020(UTC), Gunnar on 11/6/2020(UTC), ask on 11/6/2020(UTC), sinc747 on 11/6/2020(UTC), Roi on 11/6/2020(UTC), doggy on 11/6/2020(UTC), NewsworthyVision on 11/6/2020(UTC), stevespaw on 11/6/2020(UTC), MeanTime69 on 11/7/2020(UTC), raugert on 11/7/2020(UTC), MickeyMJJ on 11/8/2020(UTC), eduardocfs on 12/10/2020(UTC)
NewsworthyVision  
#52 Posted : Friday, November 6, 2020 8:20:45 PM(UTC)
NewsworthyVision

United Kingdom

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 7 post(s)
This is a very minor thing, but I notice that custom bus names can't be seen by the API at the moment.

On that, and this is more of a feature request I know, but I would to see the individual multicorder status's on the API, rather than just "True" or "False". Similar to what Streaming and Record offer.
Peter1000  
#53 Posted : Friday, November 6, 2020 10:36:53 PM(UTC)
Peter1000

Switzerland

Was thanked: 73 time(s) in 54 post(s)
with the latest version a performance problem seems to have been solved.
xeon E3v5
Quadro RTX 5000
WIN10 20h2

4x SRT in
4x SDI in
4x NDI in
1x SDI out

version 24.36
-CPU at 15% after preset startup
-after one hour CPU at 50%
(reproducible)

version 24.37
-CPU remains between 15-20% after 2 hours

thanks!
thanks 1 user thanked Peter1000 for this useful post.
ClausKogler on 11/8/2020(UTC)
MickeyMJJ  
#54 Posted : Monday, November 9, 2020 9:52:33 PM(UTC)
MickeyMJJ

France

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
vMix 24.0.0.37 beta released

* Added support for saving scripts in local preset, similar to how shortcuts work.

Martin,
Entries, shortcuts, scripts and activators are well in the local presets. But when loaded with the append option, shortcuts, scripts and activators don't load. :(
pm  
#55 Posted : Tuesday, November 10, 2020 5:35:36 AM(UTC)
pm

Originally Posted by: Rinsky Go to Quoted Post
Hi Patrick,

regarding your concerns about the A/B workflow....I don't get it either. Right now it doesn't really work/doesn't make sense to work with two different channels.

That's why I posted this feature request:

https://forums.vmix.com/posts/t2...nt-Replay---Cut-Fade-A-B

I played around with the A/B split mode again and discussed this with other people, which are professional replay operators with other systems.

Possible workflow:
1) director is on camera 1
2) replay operator selects channel A
3) replay operator creates an event and selects cam 2 and 3
4) replay operator starts event with shortcut "ReplayPlaySelectedEvent"
5) director takes replay channel A onair (or director has a macro to take channel A onair and to start playing it)
6) replay operator selects channel B
7) replay operator prepares another event and selects cam 4
8) as soon all events on channel A are played, replay operator switches/fades the prepared event from channel B to channel A and the event is started automatically with "ReplayPlaySelectedEvent" (so the onair channel is still channel A)
9) as soon channel A is finished playing, the director takes camera 1 onair

But such a workflow needs at least two additions to the redesigned replay system.
- In split mode, A and B should have the behaviour of a preview and program bus, where A is program and B is preview. The replay operator can prepare an event in B (preview) and switch it to A (program) as needed with the configured event transition.
- When an event is played with shortcut "ReplayPlaySelectedEvent", the event should not stop after the last angle is played. The event should continue to play out so that the replay operator or director has time to switch to the prepared event without having a freezed frame. It looks much better this way. In other replay systems this is normally a configuration option: stop or continous play after mark out point.

Such a workflow would give us great opportunities for our productions, especially for live sports. Thank you very much for checking my idea.

Best ragards,
Patrick
thanks 2 users thanked pm for this useful post.
Rinsky on 11/10/2020(UTC), rollfocus on 11/19/2020(UTC)
Rinsky  
#56 Posted : Tuesday, November 10, 2020 7:37:15 AM(UTC)
Rinsky

This explains it pretty good:

A/B Replay
admin  
#57 Posted : Tuesday, November 10, 2020 4:06:22 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

Quote:

- When an event is played with shortcut "ReplayPlaySelectedEvent", the event should not stop after the last angle is played. The event should continue to play out so that the replay operator or director has time to switch to the prepared event without having a freezed frame. It looks much better this way. In other replay systems this is normally a configuration option: stop or continous play after mark out point.

This is already an option in the replay settings...
admin  
#58 Posted : Tuesday, November 10, 2020 4:07:22 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

For A/B these are separate inputs in vMix so you can setup shortcuts to transition between them or set them as output or preview using normal non-replay shortcuts
just as you could with any inputs.

Moving everything over to A to B or vice versa would be redundant since everything to control these is already available...
pm  
#59 Posted : Tuesday, November 10, 2020 10:01:39 PM(UTC)
pm

Quote:

This is already an option in the replay settings...

Sorry about that. I wasn't aware of this setting there.

Regards,
Patrick
Rinsky  
#60 Posted : Tuesday, November 10, 2020 11:23:56 PM(UTC)
Rinsky

For A/B these are separate inputs in vMix so you can setup shortcuts to transition between them or set them as output or preview using normal non-replay shortcuts
just as you could with any inputs.

Moving everything over to A to B or vice versa would be redundant since everything to control these is already available...

But this makes working on the instant replay fullscreen useless, because you can't see on this screen what you're putting out on the program feed, so it's not redundand. It's more like a very useful instant replay mix input.

And besides that, you could still use the preview and program output on the main window for other stuff, which makes keep its Vmix flexibility.