logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

13 Pages«<34567>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
admin  
#81 Posted : Tuesday, December 8, 2020 12:20:36 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4146 time(s) in 1491 post(s)
Originally Posted by: MycroBeat99 Go to Quoted Post
I don't know what is happening, but this version is very buggy. I'm using vMix since 2012 and no other version is very buggy unlike version 23 and 24.

I will write below the bugs that i found in the latest weeks.

1. The NDI input use 20-30% cpu decode, even if the GPU decoding is available in the latest NDI 4.5 SDK. (2-3 NDI sourses may kill the CPU and crash the app)
2. The SRT input use 40-50% CPU on decoding, even i selected the GPU decode and i'm using the latest driver version.
3. The browser may crash the app if is used more then 24-48 hours.
3.1 The browser may use the HTTP version instead of HTTPS versions whitch is no longer support by modern websites and redirect to HTTPS instead and the input image is not showing.
3.2 The Browser version is very old and not all websites accept and provide all the capabilities to this version.
4. The VLC may crash the app if the network is lost and you need to reset the stream because the stream is not come back automatically. If this is happening more the 2-3 time, the app will crash.

Maybe this bugs will be fixed in the near future.

Hi,

These sound like a faulty system if you are seeing crashes. Send us an email with support report to diagnose further.
We have systems running here 24/7 with out issue.

Also important note, NDI does not use GPU for decoding. The latest SDK refers to GPU decoding for NDI-HX and is only recommended for one source, which is why we have it disabled.
At no point does it accelerate normal NDI.

Regards,

Martin
vMix
admin  
#82 Posted : Tuesday, December 8, 2020 12:28:02 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

Originally Posted by: Rinsky Go to Quoted Post
I am having problems with exported 1080i vmixAVI Instant Replay files in Premiere.

Deinterlacing doesn't work correctly. Is this a known issue or is there something I need to change in the Vmix or Premiere settings?

Mp4 export works flawlessly, but of course takes a lot more time to export.

AVI format requires manually specifying the interlacing in the Premiere settings, it is not automatic unfortunately.
https://helpx.adobe.com/...cing-field-order.ug.html
Rinsky  
#83 Posted : Tuesday, December 8, 2020 7:57:16 PM(UTC)
Rinsky

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 39 time(s) in 35 post(s)
Originally Posted by: MycroBeat99 Go to Quoted Post
I don't know what is happening, but this version is very buggy. I'm using vMix since 2012 and no other version is very buggy unlike version 23 and 24.

I will write below the bugs that i found in the latest weeks.

1. The NDI input use 20-30% cpu decode, even if the GPU decoding is available in the latest NDI 4.5 SDK. (2-3 NDI sourses may kill the CPU and crash the app)
2. The SRT input use 40-50% CPU on decoding, even i selected the GPU decode and i'm using the latest driver version.
3. The browser may crash the app if is used more then 24-48 hours.
3.1 The browser may use the HTTP version instead of HTTPS versions whitch is no longer support by modern websites and redirect to HTTPS instead and the input image is not showing.
3.2 The Browser version is very old and not all websites accept and provide all the capabilities to this version.
4. The VLC may crash the app if the network is lost and you need to reset the stream because the stream is not come back automatically. If this is happening more the 2-3 time, the app will crash.

Maybe this bugs will be fixed in the near future.

I also had Vmix crash on me this Sunday during a live production. Never had this issue before. All camera input froze, twice and I couldn't get them back into Vmix without a restart.

Until I read your post, I just thought that it might be an issue with my setup, but then I rememered that I just upgraded this computer to Vmix24 before this production, so I really might have something to do with version 24.

Because I had kind of the same production a week before, on Vmix 23, without issues.
admin  
#84 Posted : Tuesday, December 8, 2020 8:52:59 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

Hi,

If you are able to replicate the issue, please drop us an email with further information.
We have tests running 24/7 on our machines here and have never seen a crash in 23 or 24 that wasn't caused by faulty hardware, so would be very curious as to the cause
as the only possibility we have at the moment is faulty hardware.

Regards,

Martin
vMix
admin  
#85 Posted : Tuesday, December 8, 2020 8:53:47 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

By the way, what you are describing sounds like a capture card issue, rather than a vMix crash, can you confirm if vMix was still working?
Rinsky  
#86 Posted : Friday, December 11, 2020 1:19:25 AM(UTC)
Rinsky

I downgraded to Vmix 23 and had the same problem on the next production, so yeah. It might be faulty drivers or hardware and not Vmix24.

But I saw some other issues:

1. When deleting all replays, I had to restart Vmix or delete the whole Instant Replay Input, because there was a big red X over teh replay timeline.

2. And the other thing is (and I could have also been on an older Vmix version) that when I start my preset, it always starts with all camera inputs having Color Correction enabled, even if I disable it and save the preset and load it again.
RichDanby  
#87 Posted : Friday, December 11, 2020 2:04:23 AM(UTC)
RichDanby

United Kingdom

Was thanked: 26 time(s) in 24 post(s)
1. When deleting all replays, I had to restart Vmix or delete the whole Instant Replay Input, because there was a big red X over teh replay timeline.

2. And the other thing is (and I could have also been on an older Vmix version) that when I start my preset, it always starts with all camera inputs having Color Correction enabled, even if I disable it and save the preset and load it again.

1. I've just recreated this. When clicking Delete All in the replay settings got an "Overflow error." and the red x
2. Seeing the same (also only tested with 24). But I can't see a reason someone would set a grade and then disable it, especially as there doesn't seem to be a shortcut to toggle it on and off. Using the CC presets option would seem to be the correct route if someone did want to switch between different grades - including a zeroed grade. (or virtual inputs with the different grades applied)
admin  
#88 Posted : Friday, December 11, 2020 2:34:51 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

If anyone is able to advise on how to replicate this step by step, that would be helpful, as I have just gone over
a bunch of replay sessions I had and deleted them all and not seeing any issues on the timeline...
RichDanby  
#89 Posted : Friday, December 11, 2020 3:30:17 AM(UTC)
RichDanby

United Kingdom

I've just spent 40 mins trying to get it to do it again and failing! Hopefully Rinsky has more luck.
David_in_Philly  
#90 Posted : Friday, December 11, 2020 8:04:10 AM(UTC)
David_in_Philly

United States

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 8 post(s)
Originally Posted by: NewsworthyVision Go to Quoted Post
This is a very minor thing, but I notice that custom bus names can't be seen by the API at the moment.

On that, and this is more of a feature request I know, but I would to see the individual multicorder status's on the API, rather than just "True" or "False". Similar to what Streaming and Record offer.

Exposing bus names in the API would be very helpful for developers like Seth Haberman, who is working on updates to Vmix Control Surface (for Ipad) right now and is trying to keep up with Vmix ;-)
admin  
#91 Posted : Friday, December 11, 2020 3:32:33 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

vMix 24.0.0.39 beta released

https://cdn.vmix.com/download/vmix24preview.exe

* Replay Change: due to popular demand, the switch angles button will switch the entire A and B channels around when running in independent channel mode.
This is also possible with new ReplaySwapChannels shortcut.
What this means is you can queue up an event in B and click the button to swap that overt to A, allowing you to queue up something else in B again.

* Fixed issue with Play events shortcuts all going to output regardless of shortcut used.
* Added new checkbox to Replay settings to optionally allow the Play Events button to never transition to output when pressed.
* Updated ShuttleProv2 shortcuts template to reflect new button changes.
* GT: Improved vertical ticker performance with large amounts of text.
* GT: Fixed right to left tickers adding additional space in between long text.
* GT: New stinger titles added
* Updated Web Browser with new V86 version. This is tested with StreamElements and StreamLabs overlays
* Mix input had Premultiplied Alpha disabled by mistake leading to incorrect alpha channel rendering when combining it with other inputs.
* Added vMix Call status information including password, connection status and video/audio sources to vMix API XML
* Audio bus custom titles added to vMix API XML
thanks 10 users thanked admin for this useful post.
raugert on 12/11/2020(UTC), stigaard on 12/11/2020(UTC), DWAM on 12/11/2020(UTC), Joeboe on 12/11/2020(UTC), MickeyMJJ on 12/11/2020(UTC), Rinsky on 12/11/2020(UTC), stevespaw on 12/12/2020(UTC), sinc747 on 12/13/2020(UTC), NewsworthyVision on 12/15/2020(UTC), corporatejames on 12/17/2020(UTC)
stevespaw  
#92 Posted : Saturday, December 12, 2020 1:54:53 AM(UTC)
stevespaw

Man

Was thanked: 75 time(s) in 57 post(s)
Borders:
I love the new borders feature!!
But when used with a "merge" not pretty. I don't know if this can be fixed in some way.

Example here

Thanks,
Steve
thanks 1 user thanked stevespaw for this useful post.
grantcoll on 1/24/2021(UTC)
DWAM  
#93 Posted : Saturday, December 12, 2020 2:21:01 AM(UTC)
DWAM

Man
France

Was thanked: 794 time(s) in 589 post(s)
Quote:
I love the new borders feature!!
But when used with a "merge" not pretty. I don't know if this can be fixed in some way.

I noticed the same behaviour and also that borders won't fit when inputs are cropped.
Another problem is that borders thickness is relative to the zoom value, meaning that a 10 pixel border applied to several layers that don't have the same zoom value will not look the same. So you have to adjust manually.

Going for borders the manual way (with triggers) like I have been doing for years still does a better job but needs way more time to prep obviously.
thanks 1 user thanked DWAM for this useful post.
Rinsky  
#94 Posted : Saturday, December 12, 2020 2:37:12 AM(UTC)
Rinsky

Great Update! That's the update I've been looking forward to! Thank you!

But I would love to see not just a cut between the camera angles, but also other transitions. Don't have to be stinger transitions, but I would love to see the same transitions as in the Mix Inputs.

And yeah, the size of the preview monitors is still an issue if you're working with more than 4 camera angles. Any ideas on how to solve this?
RichDanby  
#95 Posted : Saturday, December 12, 2020 2:46:40 AM(UTC)
RichDanby

United Kingdom

That reminds me to post some border issues I've spotted.

1. If a thin border (say 1-5 pixel) is set it is drawn inside the edge of the input
  2. If the right or bottom side is cropped the border doesn't line up
  3. If you disable cropping, the border stays at the cropped side - tuning off and on the border fixes it.

Originally Posted by: DWAM Go to Quoted Post
Another problem is that borders thickness is relative to the zoom value, meaning that a 10 pixel border applied to several layers that don't have the same zoom value will not look the same. So you have to adjust manually.

Good point, I'd have thought in the majority cases having the border applied post zoom and crop would be the easier when creating layouts

thanks 1 user thanked RichDanby for this useful post.
admin  
#96 Posted : Saturday, December 12, 2020 2:59:35 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

Unfortunately there is no easy solution to many of the border suggestions raised.

These borders are pre-rendered graphics with a bit of blur added (so they don't look pixelated at angles etc).
As a result they can't be rendered every frame. This means they can't be dynamically scaled, moved or adjusted such as with merge.

I can look at an option to adjust the size based on zoom, but this won't change with merge either, so I would adjust your expectations of what this feature can do accordingly...
thanks 2 users thanked admin for this useful post.
doggy on 12/12/2020(UTC), stevespaw on 12/12/2020(UTC)
Plamen  
#97 Posted : Tuesday, December 15, 2020 12:33:27 PM(UTC)
Plamen

United States

I'm not sure if this is a bug or just the way it's designed, but when you add a radius to the border of a layer in an input multiview, the input behind is not masked to match the border so the corners just stick out past the radius.

If it was designed this way, what is a use case for using a border with a radius? Only use it when the background is keyed out to be transparent or to match that radius?
admin  
#98 Posted : Tuesday, December 15, 2020 12:59:52 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

If the border thickness is too thin, or the radius too large it may not cover the edges.
To solve this increase the thickness.
pm  
#99 Posted : Tuesday, December 15, 2020 10:19:46 PM(UTC)
pm

Was thanked: 32 time(s) in 27 post(s)
Great Update! That's the update I've been looking forward to! Thank you!

But I would love to see not just a cut between the camera angles, but also other transitions. Don't have to be stinger transitions, but I would love to see the same transitions as in the Mix Inputs.

And yeah, the size of the preview monitors is still an issue if you're working with more than 4 camera angles. Any ideas on how to solve this?

+1
pm  
#100 Posted : Tuesday, December 15, 2020 10:29:19 PM(UTC)
pm

Was thanked: 32 time(s) in 27 post(s)
I'm not shure if it's a bug in 24 or not. But at least the behaviour in 23 is different.

Steps to reproduce:
- Default settings of a newly added instant replay input
- Instant replay recording enabled
- Live mode enabled
- Selected "Show live sources in Replay A and B when in Live mode"
- Create an event by pressing -5
- Select the event in list
- Press "Play Events"

V23
-> Replay A goes to program
-> Selected event is played

V24