logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Rinsky  
#1 Posted : Sunday, October 18, 2020 9:00:42 PM(UTC)
Rinsky

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 39 time(s) in 35 post(s)
Since A and B can now be used independently, it should be possible to cut and fade between those two Channels

Let's say you're sending B to the mixer, showing the event (goal, foul, whatever), but at the same time, your're scrolling through other camera angles and preparing another event with a different IN/OUT point (fan reactions, celebrating players from the bench or celebrating players on the field, etc.).

Then when the event in replay B is done, you cut/fade to the other event on A and play it out on B

It would make channel A and B bahave almost like preview and programm outputs.

I was expecting for it to be already possible, but can't find the necessary "ReplayCutAB" or "ReplayFadeAB" shortcuts.
Rinsky  
#2 Posted : Monday, October 19, 2020 7:34:21 PM(UTC)
Rinsky

Haha...just found this old post and saw that I already explained the same thing 6 years ago and Martin said that he was looking to integrate it in Vmix 15 :D

https://forums.vmix.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=3340
admin  
#3 Posted : Monday, October 19, 2020 8:25:14 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4135 time(s) in 1487 post(s)
Well actually no, what I said was my aim was to make replay as easy as possible in vMix 15, not to implement every feature! ;)
thanks 1 user thanked admin for this useful post.
Rinsky on 10/19/2020(UTC)
pm  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, October 20, 2020 3:09:31 AM(UTC)
pm

Was thanked: 32 time(s) in 27 post(s)
+1
Rinsky  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, October 28, 2020 12:45:42 AM(UTC)
Rinsky

I think the problem is that even with 8 channels and independent A and B channels, the whole instant replay system is still setup/designed to work as something you do besides mixing inputs and creating overlays.

But a 8 channel A/B replay system is nothing you handle as a side project (if you do it professionally).

A huge problem I have with it is also the "automatically playout to program output" feature.

If you're using it on the same computer as the director, then you should not be able to make the transition by yourself.

And if you're using it on a seperate computer, then you would use A/B as external outputs (not the program out) for the real mixer.

hakan_forss  
#6 Posted : Monday, January 4, 2021 2:39:26 AM(UTC)
hakan_forss

Sweden

Originally Posted by: Rinsky Go to Quoted Post
I think the problem is that even with 8 channels and independent A and B channels, the whole instant replay system is still setup/designed to work as something you do besides mixing inputs and creating overlays.

But a 8 channel A/B replay system is nothing you handle as a side project (if you do it professionally).

A huge problem I have with it is also the "automatically playout to program output" feature.

If you're using it on the same computer as the director, then you should not be able to make the transition by yourself.

And if you're using it on a seperate computer, then you would use A/B as external outputs (not the program out) for the real mixer.

+1
Radiotvpat1982  
#7 Posted : Monday, January 4, 2021 3:36:01 AM(UTC)
Radiotvpat1982

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 10 post(s)
I am a really heavy replay user and also a TD, but not sure what exact workflow you are looking for that cant already be done in 24.

If you are using the system internally you can create shortcuts and triggers to do just about anything. Is there something particular you cant make work through that?

As you mentioned, if you are using vmix replay along side a traditional external switcher, the TD would make the fade between the two channels (do not use program on VMIX, instead use the actual A & B replay sources).

In the example you provided below you should be able to do exactly what you want. Use the A button get your in/out points, and setup your B in/out points by using the B button. The start A, fade or cut on your VMIX machine to B. If you are a 3Play user this is the same exact workflow.

Please let me know if I am missing something?