logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
rjmurdock  
#1 Posted : Sunday, February 3, 2019 12:32:37 AM(UTC)
rjmurdock

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Having a problem using the new Elgato Stream Deck interface for vMix 22 beta. When I first boot up my laptop, connect my stream deck, and then open vMix, I have no problem seeing the vMix enabled key's of the stream deck when I'm assigning a shortcut to them. However, if I close vMix and reopen it, the stream deck keys are no longer recognized in vMix. On the deck itself, a yellow triangle with a question mark appears over the button.

I also have the same problem when I connect a midi controller to the laptop with the stream deck.

Any ideas of how to resolve this?
admin  
#2 Posted : Sunday, February 3, 2019 1:16:05 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4135 time(s) in 1487 post(s)
There is a bug in the latest Stream Deck 4.0 update that prevents applications from connecting more than once.
We have reported this to Elgato, but so far no ETA on when they will fix it unfortunately.
rjmurdock  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, February 6, 2019 8:10:38 AM(UTC)
rjmurdock

Man

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
OK, that seems to be what it is doing.

I'm using the work-around the YouTube user: "Eivind" came up with using the stream deck to make API calls over TCP/IP. Awesome solution which I've implemented. I'm using it for single line shortcut calls.

Here's the YouTube video link:
MickeyMJJ  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, April 17, 2019 10:33:45 AM(UTC)
MickeyMJJ

France

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
I received today my Elgato Stream Desk, I also encounter the same problem. I hope that Elgato will react quickly, we are already pretty stressed on an event, so if we can not trust this material, it will be quickly painful. I tried by completely closing the "Stream Desk" software and opening it again, the link with VMIX is working again...
doggy  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, April 17, 2019 4:09:17 PM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 916 time(s) in 755 post(s)
we have been using 4 streamdecks (even controlling multiple laptops with one unit) for 4 days in a row with not one single issue
Granted we didnt use the vMix options but used it strait as is (shortcuts and website links(API calls)).Due to the nature of the production had to even change or add new buttons etc on the fly and move the settings from one unit to another or computer
MickeyMJJ  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, April 17, 2019 6:22:18 PM(UTC)
MickeyMJJ

France

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
I think that with WEB / API calls, there should be no problem.But if you want to use the Stream Deck with visual feedback on the buttons, there is no choice but to manage the keys directly in VMIX.Hoping that Elgato is looking into the problem.
richardgatarski  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, April 17, 2019 7:38:07 PM(UTC)
richardgatarski

Was thanked: 292 time(s) in 246 post(s)
We have decided to go with Bitfocus Companion instead of vMix's built in support for Stream Deck. The visibility might be fixed in a future update, but worse for us is that it is impossible to move vMix Stream Deck settings between projects. In the Feature Request Bitofocus Companion support (for more flexible use of the Elgato Stream Deck) I explain this further.

Companion's latest "bleeding edge build" (8f4539c, sort of 1.4 beta) now also support KeyPress, StreamStart, StreamStop, and StreamStopAll. Makes it easier to use vMix for setting up the shortcuts/scripts, and then control it from a Stream Deck. If you want to be safe with the stable 1.4 version, it supports all vMix Shortcuts by using "Run custom command", eg with "KeyPress Value=F1".
mgrayeb  
#8 Posted : Thursday, November 28, 2019 1:10:59 PM(UTC)
mgrayeb

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Was this issue resolved? I just ordered a Stream Deck so I'm curious whether Elgato fixed it in an update of their software? Thanks.