logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

10 Pages«<678910>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
doggy  
#141 Posted : Thursday, July 10, 2014 2:17:22 PM(UTC)
doggy

Groups: Registered
Belgium

Was thanked: 916 time(s) in 755 post(s)
Desktop Question

- I dont seem to be able to choose the quality anymore (greyed out on medium)
- Capture hidden window is nice but doesn't work when selecting a region (custom)

Guy
doggy  
#142 Posted : Thursday, July 10, 2014 2:36:32 PM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

instant replay

One can chose a color for the delay output.
The newly created input has indeed that color assigned to the cogwheel but not to the topbar of this new input . Is this by design ?
Became confused having the delay input and created one having the same color with the only difference being a timestamp added.

EDIT. Sorry got the indicative colors mixed up with their status colors (preview, output,...)
richardgatarski  
#143 Posted : Thursday, July 10, 2014 3:53:02 PM(UTC)
richardgatarski

Was thanked: 292 time(s) in 246 post(s)
Maximus wrote:
I however prefer to always have s cut function available directly from an input.
My 2 cents

Thanks for your thoughts, worth more than 2 cents ;)
Although I am not convinced, you made me realize that Cut might still be of use for right-click defined inputs.

So, I looked for space on the Input module. Found "Close" and started a separate topic to ask "How important is Close on inputs?"

(The underlying idea is to replace "Close" with "Preview" and add the left-click option "Close" to inputs. This though is probably a rather late idea for v13, which sort of is eager to run)
richardgatarski  
#144 Posted : Thursday, July 10, 2014 3:56:57 PM(UTC)
richardgatarski

admin wrote:
vMix 13 Preview 13.0.0.130 can now be downloaded
This includes the new bottom row button layout and some other small fixes.

Why does the cog wheel and info icon turn red too? Better indicator if just the action (eg "Record") went red.
richardgatarski  
#145 Posted : Thursday, July 10, 2014 4:07:45 PM(UTC)
richardgatarski

I still think that the most recent Preset should be on top of the drop-down list in "Open presets". This is in my experience the conventional way in most applications.

(Please excuse me Martin if you are offended by me saying this again. But it's sometimes hard to know if you agree, disagree, ignore or forget our comments. Although to be honest, your way of doing things has made me think that you seem to have a kind of perfect memory).
rrpro  
#146 Posted : Thursday, July 10, 2014 5:23:06 PM(UTC)
rrpro

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
richardgatarski wrote:
I still think that the most recent Preset should be on top of the drop-down list in "Open presets". This is in my experience the conventional way in most applications.

(Please excuse me Martin if you are offended by me saying this again. But it's sometimes hard to know if you agree, disagree, ignore or forget our comments. Although to be honest, your way of doing things has made me think that you seem to have a kind of perfect memory).

I agree. That would remove a button adding space BUT there should be an option at the settings to auto load a preset.
Maximus  
#147 Posted : Thursday, July 10, 2014 7:14:43 PM(UTC)
Maximus

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 24 post(s)
richardgatarski wrote:
Maximus wrote:
I however prefer to always have s cut function available directly from an input.
My 2 cents

Thanks for your thoughts, worth more than 2 cents ;)
Although I am not convinced, you made me realize that Cut might still be of use for right-click defined inputs.

So, I looked for space on the Input module. Found "Close" and started a separate topic to ask "How important is Close on inputs?"

(The underlying idea is to replace "Close" with "Preview" and add the left-click option "Close" to inputs. This though is probably a rather late idea for v13, which sort of is eager to run)

Richard, a possible solution is to replace 'Close' with an 'x' and create a 'Prv' in the space that would then become available. We can get two buttons/functions in the space now occupied by 'Close'.

Win/Win

Your thoughts?
admin  
#148 Posted : Friday, July 11, 2014 1:17:15 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4135 time(s) in 1487 post(s)
Couple of notes on some of the questions being asked:

Desktop Capture

When capturing the local computer, the image is not compressed at all which is why the quality setting cannot be changed.
"Capture Hidden Window" is only available when selecting a window from the dropdown list, it has no affect when capturing the screen or a portion of it.
Any additional cropping should be done from the Position tab in Input Settings.

I will hide these options when they can't be used to prevent confusion.

Recording/Streaming/External Design

I initially tried changing the colour of just the start/stop button, but it just didn't look right.

Recent Presets

I've changed the order of recent presets as this was a quick change.

Close/Cut/Preview buttons

This will have to wait until the next release and after some further discussion.

Regards,

Martin
vMix

Bardos59  
#149 Posted : Friday, July 11, 2014 1:33:25 AM(UTC)

Groups: Guests

I love how quickly you try to update vMix...and I have been testing the last release tonight, it is now 1:30 a.m. here in the Caribbean.....and I find I can not get fullscreen output......all I get is black.....no image.....all other versions worked great, but this last release seems to be the only problematc one here....also, I can not relink the audio mixer...I do not even know what I did to unlock it, it just sepperated as a floating window

update...I clicked on the pin in the top left hand corner to unpin, but now can not find what to do to re-pin it...

update...I figured it out....all I had to do was to click on the minimize, and it re-pinned....
admin  
#150 Posted : Friday, July 11, 2014 2:03:11 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

Bardos59 wrote:
and I find I can not get fullscreen output

Click the dropdown arrow next to the Fullscreen button and check but you have set the output for Display 1 to.
Bardos59  
#151 Posted : Friday, July 11, 2014 2:19:10 AM(UTC)

Did that, but nothing.....still have a black screen.....I will do a reboot of my PC to see what happens..

Update: Nothing...rebooting did not help....I am still not getting the output to work, but other than that, its a great improvement.....maybe after a night's sleep I will figure that out.....its waaay past my bedtime ...half past 2 in the morning...need some ZZZZZZZZs

I have just noticed something...This version takes far more to render when recording than ver. 11...I am seeing times 26 ms...In ver.11.63, we got around 9 -13 ms.....

Is this normal for this version?

I also notice it is using more CPU power than ver. 11 as well....
Bardos59  
#152 Posted : Friday, July 11, 2014 4:54:54 AM(UTC)

Think I might have found a bug.....I can not play back MP2 files that I record in vMix 64 bit , but all woks well with the 32 bit. There seems to be no audio, but when I play in windows media player, I have excessively loud audio but it loads in vMix as having no audio
admin  
#153 Posted : Friday, July 11, 2014 5:38:25 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

Please note that installing vMix 13 may not move across all of your settings from 11.
So you will need to double check settings such as Output Size and Frame Rate and Display in settings to make sure they are all set correctly.

You will need AC3Filter x64 installed to play back MPEG recordings:
http://www.vmix.com.au/k...ain-video-files-and-dvds
Bardos59  
#154 Posted : Friday, July 11, 2014 6:09:16 AM(UTC)

Thanks Martin...it is not a bug, just a missing filter ...I am up and running....testing, and will report anything I find.....once again...Great Program....all I want to see now, is the Names of the Inputs reflected in the Multiview...Great for when there is a Director calling the shots....The names will be available to both operator and Director
doggy  
#155 Posted : Friday, July 11, 2014 8:45:14 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

admin wrote:
Couple of notes on some of the questions being asked:

Desktop Capture

When capturing the local computer, the image is not compressed at all which is why the quality setting cannot be changed.

Thank you Martin. It just seemed a bit blury until I noticed the difference in screen size and outputsize.

Note to self : verify settings before posting

Quote:
"Capture Hidden Window" is only available when selecting a window from the dropdown list, it has no affect when capturing the screen or a portion of it.
Any additional cropping should be done from the Position tab in Input Settings.

Thank you for clarifying

Guy
doggy  
#156 Posted : Friday, July 11, 2014 11:52:41 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Would it be possible to explain the difference by being able to create a stinger ( basic version) by using overlay 1 compared to specifying a stinger , but getting an error telling me multiple overlays are not allowed while this is using only one overlay ( but more practical to set up and trigger)
I could understand in basic V one would not be able to combine at the same time (stinger plus other overlay)
rrpro  
#157 Posted : Friday, July 11, 2014 2:45:13 PM(UTC)
rrpro

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
BUG: Just tried in some detail the latest 13 version and when I'm in the lock mode, the recording is allowed to start and not to stop (the other functions: stream, external... work as expected: don't start neither stop)
thecloudmediagroup  
#158 Posted : Saturday, July 12, 2014 7:08:54 PM(UTC)
thecloudmediagroup

Man
United States

Was thanked: 78 time(s) in 43 post(s)
I'm not sure if this is a Beta vMix issue, but I am not able to publish 3 bitrates within vMix. I can get the first and second bitrate to work but not the third. I then tried the same settings within FLME directly and it worked. Is this a bug?
admin  
#159 Posted : Saturday, July 12, 2014 10:32:32 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

Thanks for pointing that out, there is a bug in the 3rd bitrate that will be fixed on release.
jet  
#160 Posted : Sunday, July 13, 2014 9:50:12 AM(UTC)
jet

Man

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 13 post(s)
admin wrote:
vMix 13 Preview 13.0.0.130 can now be downloaded

http://www.vmix.com.au/download/vmix13preview.exe

This includes the new bottom row button layout and some other small fixes.

Good work Martin!

Would like to have "Edit Capture" to be sorted alphabetically, now it's not.

UserPostedImage

Kind regards,
Jan-