logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

10 Pages123>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
admin  
#1 Posted : Monday, June 16, 2014 6:36:28 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4137 time(s) in 1488 post(s)
vMix 13 Preview (13.0.0.90 Beta) is here!

Please Note: This is a preview release for those who like to live on the edge! There will still be some bugs, so it is not recommended for production use.

http://www.vmix.com.au/download/vmix13preview.exe

Your feedback is greatly appreciated, please report any bugs or issues in this thread.

Note: New features should not be submitted here, please use the Feature Requests forum instead.

Major New Features

* Support for Dual Fullscreen Outputs (4K Edition). These can be configured as Preview/Program, MultiView/Program etc
* New audio engine with input monitoring on headphones ("Solo" button), Compression and Gain on the main output
and separate configurable audio outputs for headphones and main mix.
* New Add Input window with Icons
* New Streaming window with selectable Providers and Quality profiles
* MultiCorder support for recording independent audio channels instead of main mix.
* Change inputs on the fly while preserving all settings.
* Missing capture inputs will show up as "Offline" allowing users to change to another device, or reset when the device becomes available.
* Luma Key
* Key/Fill support with Key selectable from any input

New hardware support

* Support added for AJA capture devices. Kona 3G tested so far, other devices should work but are untested.
If you have any AJA devices, please report back your testing results here!

Changes and Features

* Alternative External Output option for Blackmagic cards with improved latency (Experimental)
* Custom Mouse Click action can be set in Input Settings
* Improved Virtual Sets (UV Map support for talent reflections and accurate video screen mapping)
* Title Editor supports changing Images
* Added recent Presets dropdown box
* Streaming Start button added to main window
* RTSP authentication supported for additional devices
* WriteDuration feature records milliseconds
* Added right click options to Photos input to view source folder and refresh photos
* Smoother Flash/RTMP playback
* New Shortcuts: StartStreaming, StopStreaming, Snapshot
* FIX: stream names with ; was not working as expected
* FIX: rare index error when closing vMix
* FIX: fixed some format errors with IP cameras
* FIX: Removed extra space appearing in Audio Mixer pane

Regards,

Martin
vMix
thanks 5 users thanked admin for this useful post.
Amir Zaraie on 6/16/2014(UTC), madness on 6/17/2014(UTC), GeorgeR on 6/18/2014(UTC), Rehan on 6/18/2014(UTC), sinc747 on 7/14/2014(UTC)
Amir Zaraie  
#2 Posted : Monday, June 16, 2014 8:08:44 AM(UTC)
Amir Zaraie

Groups: Registered

Thanks Dear Martin.
It has some problems in desktop capture. Each option I choose, For example a movie in KMP, It just show the current display I see.
Regards,
amsudeen  
#3 Posted : Monday, June 16, 2014 8:26:31 AM(UTC)
amsudeen

Man

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 6 post(s)
we are very expected this function in vmix 13?
http://forums.vmix.com.a....aspx?g=posts&t=2287
admin  
#4 Posted : Monday, June 16, 2014 8:43:39 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

No additional transitions in vMix 13. Only bug fixes here on out. vMix 14 maybe...
admin  
#5 Posted : Monday, June 16, 2014 8:46:21 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

Amir Zaraie wrote:
Thanks Dear Martin.
It has some problems in desktop capture. Each option I choose, For example a movie in KMP, It just show the current display I see.
Regards,

This is by design, you cannot capture windows that are not visible.
Also note this is the same as previous versions.

Reminder: Please only bug reports and comments on the listed features in this thread.
This is not the place to suggest features or to ask general questions.

doggy  
#6 Posted : Monday, June 16, 2014 9:02:12 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 916 time(s) in 755 post(s)
Thank you Martin

Also adjusting small requests :-)

one note but could just be me or out of habit, having icons for choosing an input is nice but it seem les intiutive to have to 'read' the choises top to bottom from the side and it feels slower to move mouse for selection and going to the next steps.
admin  
#7 Posted : Monday, June 16, 2014 9:22:59 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

It took me a little while to adjust to the new Add Input menu as well.
Once I got the hang of it it became faster and easier to use, so give it some time!
thanks 1 user thanked admin for this useful post.
doggy on 6/16/2014(UTC)
xbamaris  
#8 Posted : Monday, June 16, 2014 12:29:29 PM(UTC)
xbamaris

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
For streaming, is there a way like in the previous vMix's to have multiple streams?

This was useful for having a High Quality and Low Quality stream simultaneously, does this still exist in 13 and its changed?

EDIT: Nevermind, found what you did, its under Custom Bitrate options. Nice!
Bardos59  
#9 Posted : Monday, June 16, 2014 1:47:55 PM(UTC)

Groups: Guests

admin wrote:
It took me a little while to adjust to the new Add Input menu as well.
Once I got the hang of it it became faster and easier to use, so give it some time!

Great...I love this layout....and it took me a few seconds ...actually, it is far easier to select what I want by just looking at the icons......great Martin....wish that idea could be implemented in the Transitions, where the user can see, without having to read, the type of transition to select....keep it up, you are doing a great job....Now I have to see how well that will work for me when I test it with another PC connected via the network cable....I still wish that when I reload a preset, that it will reopen the way it was when I closed it...eg., when i close vMix, I usually leave the Audio Mixer open, when I reopen again, it is closed, and I have to reopen it...could this be fixed by launch time....I think most users would like this..Reopen the exact way it was closed...

I found that recording in Mp2 did not work, it just keep stopping..and I get this message:

RE.Recording
Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component.

Hope I can get my trial time extended to further test vMix 13....
richardgatarski  
#10 Posted : Monday, June 16, 2014 2:28:08 PM(UTC)
richardgatarski

Was thanked: 292 time(s) in 246 post(s)
@bardos59, I too would like to have the audio mixer settings remembered, but is that not rather a new feature request (outside of this topic's discussion)?

Martin, Thanks for a new beta! Here are my first impression and thoughts on the things I have looked into so far.

The help is still v12, do you wait with it until the first release?

Quote:
* Support for Dual Fullscreen Outputs (4K Edition). These can be configured as Preview/Program, MultiView/Program etc
Sort of looks like these are available in sub 4K Editions. I guess they are not, so maybe the second one should be greyed out?
(Same goes for the External output/s)

Quote:
* New audio engine with input monitoring on headphones ("Solo" button), Compression and Gain on the main output
and separate configurable audio outputs for headphones and main mix.
Sounds (sic!) great. (Although still not possible to monitor in vMix if one uses an external mixer, I will explain that further in the vMix Audio Discussion)

Quote:
* New Add Input window with Icons

I like it a lot :)

Quote:
* New Streaming window with selectable Providers and Quality profiles

Cool! Curious, if Mainconcept AAC plugin is installed, are there profiles for it?

Quote:
* Change inputs on the fly while preserving all settings.

Extremely welcome feature!!
I wish there was a simpler/quicker way to change the source for at least Video, Image, Photos, and Audio.
As is now it is a multi-step operation, that obscures vMix's main window. The latter is a no-problem when building a new preset, but close to dangerous during live production.
I am attaching two mockups below that illustrate two variants. The first variant is more informative, but might easily result in a Cut (or whatever is set) instead of input source change. The second is perhaps better.
I would love to also be able to drag-and-drop a file in the input module, in order to set it as it's source.

Quote:
* Missing capture inputs will show up as "Offline" allowing users to change to another device, or reset when the device becomes available.

Really smart solution.

Quote:
* Custom Mouse Click action can be set in Input Settings

Great. I wish that if the default click action "Preview" was set to something else (than Preview) that the input's "Cut" button changed to "PreView". It is always important to get an input into preview.
I also think there might rise a need for some kind of visual feedback of which action is set.

Quote:
* Title Editor supports changing Images

Is the editor automatically updated when v13 is installed, or how does one know which version is running?
I still don't get the background image properly filled in the Title Editor on my Win 8.1 PC (works on a Win7).

Quote:
* Added recent Presets dropdown box

Useful, perhaps having the most recent on top is a more standardized sorting order.

Quote:
* Streaming Start button added to main window

Viola! Maybe Streaming should not go into green before the stream is actually out and streaming.

Quote:
* Added right click options to Photos input to view source folder and refresh photos

Much appreciated, but what's the point with "view source folder"? And I guess that refresh is needed since Window's does not ping vMix if files are added/removed.

Quote:
* New Shortcuts: StartStreaming, StopStreaming, Snapshot

Perfect!

And here are the mockups for easier input source changes.

This variant shows current file in use, and a drop down to change file.
UserPostedImage

In this variant the "Audio" is replaced with icons for changing source, refreshing the list, and audio. The latter does what "Audio" does today (actually not relevant for image and photo inputs.
UserPostedImage
thecloudmediagroup  
#11 Posted : Monday, June 16, 2014 3:52:15 PM(UTC)
thecloudmediagroup

Man
United States

Was thanked: 78 time(s) in 43 post(s)
Looks great! Can't wait to dig into this. Excited about the Luma Keyer!
krassesPferd  
#12 Posted : Monday, June 16, 2014 5:01:55 PM(UTC)
krassesPferd

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Martin,

Excellent work. I'm really enjoying the new features. The new audio management is a great improvement.

But I'm missing the possibility to save Audio in the Video Delay clips (http://forums.vmix.com.au/default.aspx?g=posts&t=1691y). Is there any chance to get this feature in the final release of v13?

Really looking forward to work with v13.

Regards,
Yannick
hassan yaghi  
#13 Posted : Monday, June 16, 2014 9:30:31 PM(UTC)
hassan yaghi

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 9 post(s)
vmix 13 audio is not working , out put audio or device . anyone have this problem . ??!!
admin  
#14 Posted : Monday, June 16, 2014 10:12:38 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

hassan yaghi wrote:
vmix 13 audio is not working , out put audio or device . anyone have this problem . ??!!

In vMix Settings -> Audio what do you have set as the Audio Output?
Also are you seeing the audio meters move in vMix?

Regards,

Martin
vMix
admin  
#15 Posted : Monday, June 16, 2014 10:14:28 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

Richard,

Regarding changing inputs, the design goal is to allow changing inputs in an existing preset prior to going live in production.
It is not designed to be used live, for that I would recommend the List input which allows easy selection of video clips from a list.

Regards,

Martin
vMix
gazreyn  
#16 Posted : Monday, June 16, 2014 10:19:42 PM(UTC)
gazreyn

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 6 post(s)
This isn't really a vmix 13 issue but a problem I've had in the past. When working on projects which start to get big and I save the preset, when loading the preset the same two XAML overlay files wouldn't load. No matter if I re-added them and re-saved the preset the next time I loaded the preset it would tell me that 2 of the files couldn't be loaded. This was more of an issue because I had binds set to those overlays.
nandhitv  
#17 Posted : Tuesday, June 17, 2014 4:02:08 AM(UTC)
nandhitv

how to virtual set talent reflection ?
pasingshot  
#18 Posted : Tuesday, June 17, 2014 4:51:57 AM(UTC)
pasingshot

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Hello, I am testing the v13 and I've found what I think is a bug, I inserted two videos, one format .mpg and another .mp4, which is in .mp4 plays smoothly and sounds good but which is in .mpg is not displayed, the screen goes black but the audio is heard.

I have also inserted a video in .wmv format, and see and hear perfectly.

At the moment I have not found any more bugs.

Regards, Toni.

PS: The .mpg videos plays well on v12 of vMix.

Edit: I just did the same tests on the 32-bit version and I have no problem, plays all video formats.

Regards, Toni.
richardgatarski  
#19 Posted : Tuesday, June 17, 2014 5:45:22 AM(UTC)
richardgatarski

Was thanked: 292 time(s) in 246 post(s)
Martin,

I understand your (current) design goal. I think it's OK and a big improvement, for which I am very grateful. I had not used the List input before, did so now and as you say it would work. Let me just take the opportunity to connect my suggestion to a couple of larger contexts. Even though this part looks more like new feature requests, than additions to v13.

First, my idea was sort of finding an supplementary/alternative way to satisfy the need some of us have when we do many productions with similar presets, but different media content (eg images, videos, etc). As is discussed in "Relative paths for inputs".

Second, for live use a related scenario is when B-cam crew and photografers create interviews, mingle shots, etc during events and one would like to quickly add these to the live production. And when doing so, get it right into already pre-configured multiviews, virtual sets, etc. That is, not adding another input, but changing the source content of one or more that already exists. From v13 this will be possible using Photos and List inputs, although as I said it would be nice to be able to add content with fewer steps.
hassan yaghi  
#20 Posted : Tuesday, June 17, 2014 6:13:11 AM(UTC)
hassan yaghi

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 9 post(s)
martin i have vmix 12 and installed vmix 13 on same pc diffrent forlder, i run vmix 13 sound indicators on vmix 13 move and works fine, but i cant hear any sound on speackes althogh in the audio output i selected my sound card. i close vmix 13 and run vmix 12 every thing works perfect, same cad selected as audio output, it is so weired to me, i tried every thing, i uninstalled both vmix 12 and 13 and reinstall vmix 13, same problem in vmix 13.