logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

5 Pages<12345>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Salvatore  
#41 Posted : Tuesday, November 15, 2022 9:12:50 PM(UTC)
Salvatore

Groups: Registered
Italy

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Originally Posted by: admin Go to Quoted Post
vMix Preview Update (26.0.0.20)

* Transition buttons will now highlight red during transitions

don't work with transitions to video inputs
admin  
#42 Posted : Tuesday, November 15, 2022 10:33:09 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4132 time(s) in 1486 post(s)
Originally Posted by: jet Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: doggy Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: jet Go to Quoted Post
There seems to be a bug in 26.0.0.20 that causes wrong image size / aspect ratio in mix-inputs.

Can simulate when setting the aspect ratio of the Mix itself wrongly set or mess with the main position settings of it

Project set as standard PAL anamorphic 16:9 (720x576)

Yes, it seems to work if set to 1024x576 (16:9) "true" widescreen

Anamorphic is not the right setting to use, you are looking for Widescreen which can be used with 720x576.
Anamorphic is wider than widescreen and only really for use with film content (i.e for movies where you see black bars on the top and bottom when watching on an already widescreen TV)
thanks 1 user thanked admin for this useful post.
eduardocfs on 11/16/2022(UTC)
Peter Berglund  
#43 Posted : Wednesday, November 16, 2022 1:17:04 AM(UTC)
Peter Berglund

Man
Sweden

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 4 post(s)
vMix Preview Update (26.0.0.20)

* Fixed new Mix activators
* Transition buttons will now highlight red during transitions
* Fixed Mix input UI not loading correctly from preset
* Audio Mixer settings now reset to default correctly when selecting New preset
* Copy/Paste buttons added to Input Position tab
* Input Names now update correctly on Mix inputs when changed

To update, run vMix Update, or use the download link again:

https://cdn.vmix.com/download/vmix26preview.exe

Will it be possible to pull the "Transition in progress" via the API as a flag or remaining time?

/Peter
RichShumaker  
#44 Posted : Wednesday, November 16, 2022 7:20:38 AM(UTC)
RichShumaker

United States

Was thanked: 28 time(s) in 23 post(s)
Using vMix HD Basic 26.0.0.18 version then I updated to 26.0.0.20 and it still existed

Setup
1. Input One is an Audio Input.
2. On Input One I am using MultiView(Layers) and have a Layer Selected and resized

I hit the overlay button for 1 and it goes Red BUT it does not show up on the output screen.

Image of Issue for vMix Basic Overlay
admin  
#45 Posted : Wednesday, November 16, 2022 8:29:39 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

Rich,

Basic HD does not support layers in overlays.
This is so users can't bypass the 1 overlay limit in this version.
eduardocfs on 11/16/2022(UTC)
RichShumaker  
#46 Posted : Wednesday, November 16, 2022 1:08:19 PM(UTC)
RichShumaker

United States

Rich,

Basic HD does not support layers in overlays.
This is so users can't bypass the 1 overlay limit in this version.

EDIT After some thought
I completely get it. I am an advocate for NOT using the PRO version to start as it is overwhelming for many people.
I want people to start on vMix HD Basic and learn and try to push the boundries as far as possible.
I outgrew vMix HD Basic the first day but needed to use it for I think a year or so before winning a 4k version.

Having Layers will allow many to avoid upgrading and I totally understand the decission to limit that.
I was hoping to start introducing concepts like a "Master Input" when I start making tutorials for vMix HD Basic as I find that to be one of the most powerful things in vMix.
A Master Input is an Input of Inputs that you can 'Merge" between.
Of course you are very limited with 4 Inputs for this concept.
And teaching it shows why upgrading is very helpful except I also see how you could "exploit" it if you don't need more than 4 Inputs for some reason.

Thanks Again, original post below.

Original Below
Well that stinks and thanks for the update on that.
I see them as two different things except I understand how you could use Layers as "overlays".
I was just creating different "look" using only 4 Inputs by resizing an input via layers.

I am sure this was a decission made long ago to avoid people from just purchasing the entry level product.
Since I am a big fan of vMix HD Basic I have to ask, any chance of reversing this decision as I think the 4 Input Limit really is limiting and the layers options just makes things more flexible with those 4 inputs.

Thanks again for this information.
jakent  
#47 Posted : Saturday, November 19, 2022 2:53:06 AM(UTC)
jakent

Is it possible to install V26 preview in a separate folder without interfering with V25? I'd like to start testing some of the new features but need to make sure my production version will continue to work.
doggy  
#48 Posted : Saturday, November 19, 2022 3:36:55 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 913 time(s) in 752 post(s)
Originally Posted by: jakent Go to Quoted Post
Is it possible to install V26 preview in a separate folder without interfering with V25? I'd like to start testing some of the new features but need to make sure my production version will continue to work.

yes (last preset will be the same for both though)
thanks 1 user thanked doggy for this useful post.
jakent on 12/6/2022(UTC)
BETech  
#49 Posted : Sunday, November 20, 2022 11:40:57 PM(UTC)
BETech

Was thanked: 109 time(s) in 71 post(s)
Originally Posted by: jakent Go to Quoted Post

Yes. If you create a new User account with administrator privileges, your user settings and last preset will be separate from your main vMix 25 set-up. They are stored in the User's account folder. You should install V26 preview in a separate folder, thus not interfering with V25.

thanks 1 user thanked BETech for this useful post.
jakent on 12/6/2022(UTC)
linkaman  
#50 Posted : Sunday, November 27, 2022 12:44:51 AM(UTC)
linkaman

Man
Spain

Hello from barcelona

I was really looking forward to the blur option, but I see that unfortunately it is not applicable to multiview layers.

I use the Merge function a lot for smooth transitions between scenes. It would be very useful to be able to clone an input and apply a blur change to only some specific layers. Then the transition between them would be smooth and organic.

Thanks
doggy  
#51 Posted : Sunday, November 27, 2022 1:18:29 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Originally Posted by: linkaman Go to Quoted Post
Hello from barcelona

I was really looking forward to the blur option, but I see that unfortunately it is not applicable to multiview layers.

I use the Merge function a lot for smooth transitions between scenes. It would be very useful to be able to clone an input and apply a blur change to only some specific layers. Then the transition between them would be smooth and organic.

Thanks

Can you please show example of input layouts and their merge you are refering to . Maybe using Mixes could be of use
Preferably in a separate post
linkaman  
#52 Posted : Sunday, November 27, 2022 1:54:49 AM(UTC)
linkaman

Man
Spain

https://vimeo.com/775311749/56e57645b0

I have prepared a quick example. I have removed the audio and hidden the logo because it is part of a job.

What you have here is an input made up of several layers.
1.- 3D background (png)
2.- A MIX input placed on top of the background, which is the TV. In it I can change the inputs that I show.
3.- The presenter with chroma
4.- A version of the chroma changed to black and distorted to shadow mode (behind the previous one).

I have another input that is a copy of this one adjusting the zoom level, a bit of distortion, etc.

The result is that if I make a slow merge of 3s between the far view, the near view and then a merge with the MIX that appears on the screen, it makes this smooth transition between them. So I simulate that the camera is getting closer.

What I would like is that in the input copy where I simulate the zoom, I can apply a blur to everything except the speaker, so I can simulate depth of field.
And that when I merge the blur would make the transition as it does with other attributes such as position, rotation, etc.
doggy  
#53 Posted : Sunday, November 27, 2022 2:53:24 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

I have prepared a quick example. I have removed the audio and hidden the logo because it is part of a job.

1.- 3D background (png)
2.- A MIX input placed on top of the background, which is the TV. In it I can change the inputs that I show.
4.- A version of the chroma changed to black and distorted to shadow mode (behind the previous one).

I have another input that is a copy of this one adjusting the zoom level, a bit of distortion, etc.

The result is that if I make a slow merge of 3s between the far view, the near view and then a merge with the MIX that appears on the screen, it makes this smooth transition between them. So I simulate that the camera is getting closer.

What I would like is that in the input copy where I simulate the zoom, I can apply a blur to everything except the speaker, so I can simulate depth of field.
And that when I merge the blur would make the transition as it does with other attributes such as position, rotation, etc.

Use a Mix with original background and a virtual of the background but blurred for your multiview on a coloured based inputs
When doing the merge fade the Mix (double shortcut= one to de merge and one to fade the mix so both are simultanious)
thanks 1 user thanked doggy for this useful post.
linkaman on 11/27/2022(UTC)
linkaman  
#54 Posted : Sunday, November 27, 2022 7:46:43 AM(UTC)
linkaman

Man
Spain

Originally Posted by: doggy Go to Quoted Post

1.- 3D background (png)

Use a Mix with original background and a virtual of the background but blurred for your multiview on a coloured based inputs
When doing the merge fade the Mix (double shortcut= one to de merge and one to fade the mix so both are simultanious)

Not a bad idea.
But it would certainly be much better if the filters could be applied to each layer of the multiview.
As it happens for example in OBS, in a scene you have different sources and you can apply filters to each of them.
Or I'd be happy if when doing a Merge, the strength parameter is adjusted progressively as it happens with position, zoom, ...
It would give a lot more creative options.

RichShumaker  
#55 Posted : Thursday, December 1, 2022 9:24:05 AM(UTC)
RichShumaker

United States

Can you record a 9:16(vertical video) production as 1080 X 1920?

I know you can Center Cut a Stream except I could not figure out either check box or drop down how to do a VV recording.
RichShumaker  
#56 Posted : Friday, December 2, 2022 1:16:40 PM(UTC)
RichShumaker

United States

Originally Posted by: RichShumaker Go to Quoted Post
Can you record a 9:16(vertical video) production as 1080 X 1920?

I know you can Center Cut a Stream except I could not figure out either check box or drop down how to do a VV recording.

I could not figure it out so I did 2 things.
I created an Overlay Mask with Black on the sides(reverse letterboxing) so that the 2/3 of the image that is getting cut uses almost Zero space on the record.

The second thing I had to do was a Transcode and I used AVIdemux Crop Feature to do this. It was fairly easy except it does add a step in post. I wonder if there might be a way to do this Trascode using the Hamburger Button "Video Tools" with a Convert to 9:16 Feature.

Just an idea.

This is still not a direct export situation which I was hoping for to speed up the production to release scehdule and it requires a "fix it in post" workflow.

EDIT
I still appreciate the new 9:16 VV Workflow very much and I love the new 90 degree turn button.
admin  
#57 Posted : Friday, December 2, 2022 3:54:21 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

We'll be fixing the missing vertical recording option in the next preview update.
eduardocfs on 12/2/2022(UTC)
biebb  
#58 Posted : Friday, December 2, 2022 6:28:38 PM(UTC)
biebb

Taiwan, Province Of China

We'll be fixing the missing vertical recording option in the next preview update.

When will there be a new preview?
doggy  
#59 Posted : Friday, December 2, 2022 7:57:23 PM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Originally Posted by: biebb Go to Quoted Post

When will there be a new preview?

Really? Yesterday of course!
ask  
#60 Posted : Tuesday, December 6, 2022 8:40:08 AM(UTC)
ask

Australia

Was thanked: 199 time(s) in 181 post(s)
Not a show stopper, but have noticed inconsistent behavior of the transition highlight when using external controllers. Sometime the fade button will light, other times not. Works as designed when using the GUI. Cheers. Andrew,