logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

48 Pages«<4041424344>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
phuonger  
#821 Posted : Friday, February 18, 2022 9:30:40 AM(UTC)
phuonger

Groups: Registered
United States

Originally Posted by: raugert Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: phuonger Go to Quoted Post
We have an issue with the latest update, which was also apparent in 4.0.38 also.

the panel builder app doesn't close when clicking the X or using File menu and Quit.

We get the confirmation dialog and when pressing the 'YES' button, nothing happens.

Have tried running as administrator and restarted system after installing.

We're running this on Server 2019 in an AWS EC2 instance.

Sorry, I don't have any means of checking your issue on AWS. Was this also an issue on version 4.0.29 or did it just pop up in 4.0.38 ?

Please email me at info@studio793.ca. I'm not an expert on AWS servers by any means, but I'll try something then send you a link to a test version for you to try..

thanks,
Richard

Thanks Richard,

Sending you an email. This wasn't an issue on 4.0.29. We noticed this after we upgraded to 4.0.38 and it's still happening with 4.0.40.

Our AWS instance is just Windows Server 2019 thats running in the cloud.
nilknarf78  
#822 Posted : Friday, March 11, 2022 7:55:34 AM(UTC)
nilknarf78

United States

After upgrading to version 4.0.40, I'm still running into an issue with the timers not working when the page is not active.

Last night, I kept the page with the timers active and it was fine.
raugert  
#823 Posted : Friday, March 11, 2022 8:13:10 AM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

Was thanked: 309 time(s) in 176 post(s)
Originally Posted by: nilknarf78 Go to Quoted Post
After upgrading to version 4.0.40, I'm still running into an issue with the timers not working when the page is not active.

Last night, I kept the page with the timers active and it was fine.

I will look into that. Thanks for the report !
Joeboe  
#824 Posted : Friday, March 11, 2022 9:25:29 AM(UTC)
Joeboe

Was thanked: 32 time(s) in 31 post(s)
Originally Posted by: phuonger Go to Quoted Post
We have an issue with the latest update, which was also apparent in 4.0.38 also.

the panel builder app doesn't close when clicking the X or using File menu and Quit.

We get the confirmation dialog and when pressing the 'YES' button, nothing happens.

Have tried running as administrator and restarted system after installing.

We're running this on Server 2019 in an AWS EC2 instance.

This was an issue for a long time, but I never worried about it, but it is happening lately a bit too often.....sometimes it works as it should, and another time, especially after opened for a long time, I get that issue, and I have to force it to close by using 'Task Manager'.....I don't bother about it very much, ....

Yvo.Hx  
#825 Posted : Wednesday, March 23, 2022 6:48:52 PM(UTC)
Yvo.Hx

For operation with panel builder on a 2nd computer without an internet connection, how can I have Panel builder connected. I can't get it done with a direct connection to both UTP ports.
Is it actually possible?
Joeboe  
#826 Posted : Wednesday, March 23, 2022 8:12:00 PM(UTC)
Joeboe

Originally Posted by: Yvo.Hx Go to Quoted Post
For operation with panel builder on a 2nd computer without an internet connection, how can I have Panel builder connected. I can't get it done with a direct connection to both UTP ports.
Is it actually possible?

I am not sure, but what I do, I add a second monitor, and place the Panel Builder on that monitor.....I think there is a way, but I can not tell you how to do, as I have not done it, but there should be a way....try placing the web address from vMix in that field on the panel Builder on the second PC, and see what happens

raugert  
#827 Posted : Wednesday, March 23, 2022 10:33:35 PM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

Is it actually possible?

You don't need an "internet" connection as such to run Panel Builder on a second computer but it must be on the same LAN Network as vMix. You cannot connect 2 computer ethernet ports directly. Use a router to tie the 2 computer together. An inexpensive router will do the trick...

cheers,
Richard
Narcogen  
#828 Posted : Thursday, March 24, 2022 11:26:53 PM(UTC)
Narcogen

Man
United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Originally Posted by: raugert Go to Quoted Post
Is it actually possible?

You don't need an "internet" connection as such to run Panel Builder on a second computer but it must be on the same LAN Network as vMix. You cannot connect 2 computer ethernet ports directly. Use a router to tie the 2 computer together. An inexpensive router will do the trick...

cheers,
Richard

Unsuccessfully fighting the urge to be pedantic...

But if you need to connect two computers to each other only, and not to another external network like the Internet, then you don't necessarily need a router-- you could use a switch. Connecting to an external network, like the Internet, is what a router does.

However, if you DO use a switch for this purpose, and not a router, then you'll need to manually assign an IP address to each computer on the network, since that switch in all likelihood lacks a feature that most routers contain-- the DHCP server that automatically assigns IP addresses to devices.

Long and short-- if you have PCs on the same local area network with IP addresses assigned on the same subnet-- say, one with the address 192.168.1.2, and the next with the address 192.168.1.3, then panel builder running on one PC will be able to control Vmix running on the other, presuming both panel builder and Vmix are configured to allow it according to its own instructions.

Lastly-- actually the network interfaces on most modern computers are autosensing, so whereas in the past you would have needed a special cable, called a crossover cable, to directly connect two PCs without an intervening device like a switch, these days you don't. If you have two PCs by themselves and no preexisting LAN and want to connect only those two devices, you CAN connect them with a single ordinary ethernet cable, configure them as above with manually assigned IP addresses, and it should work.
Yvo.Hx  
#829 Posted : Friday, March 25, 2022 7:37:32 AM(UTC)
Yvo.Hx

After Richard's advice, I dived into the junk drawer and found an old Belkin router and within a second my problem was gone. What Narcogen describes I spent days scratching my head because I managed to do it, but each time it didn't work with my IP addresses. But I want to try again with these addresses. Thanks for the quick good advice.
Narcogen  
#830 Posted : Friday, March 25, 2022 10:35:51 PM(UTC)
Narcogen

Man
United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
After Richard's advice, I dived into the junk drawer and found an old Belkin router and within a second my problem was gone. What Narcogen describes I spent days scratching my head because I managed to do it, but each time it didn't work with my IP addresses. But I want to try again with these addresses. Thanks for the quick good advice.

Just about any router basically also contains a switch, and also a DHCP server, so that just means you let your devices get addresses automatically and it should just work.

Any of these devices if you already have them should work-- there just wouldn't be a need to go out and buy a router if you otherwise didn't need one. And if all you needed was to add more devices to an existing network, you'd definitely want a switch and not a router because you don't, generally speaking, want more than one router or DHCP server on a network because that will cause problems. You can use a router with multiple ports as a switch by turning off those functions.

Anyway, glad you got it working!
sjcaldwell  
#831 Posted : Sunday, April 3, 2022 2:41:46 AM(UTC)
sjcaldwell

Man
United States

The Panel Builder doesn't seem to work on vMIX v 25.0.0.29 x64.

1) It will not connect.
2) If you quit and confirm it doesn't quit. You have to kill the process with task manager.

raugert  
#832 Posted : Monday, April 4, 2022 12:45:23 AM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

There should be no problem connecting to vMix 25. Are you running it from the same computer as vMix or a separate computer ?

- If you are using a separate computer, make sure that you are connected to the same network as vMix
- Check that you have configured the correct IP and Port in the Panel Builder preferences according to the WebController settings in vMix. Make sure that TCP API is enabled.

As far as quitting, there is a known issue where it may not quit properly on some Windows machines (especially on Server Installations) . I will endeavour to fix this in the next release.

Richard
Joeboe  
#833 Posted : Tuesday, April 5, 2022 7:13:42 AM(UTC)
Joeboe

I have use Panel Builder on a different PC and had no issues....One method was using a gigabit switch, and had them plugged in and that was ok, I also used Wifi, and I also used a reversal cable....this is a cable that is set up to plug from one Pc to the next without a gigabit switch....just plug from one system to the other....you can do a google search for this cable....any PC store should have them...
raugert  
#834 Posted : Wednesday, April 6, 2022 8:43:38 AM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

UPDATE: version 4.0.42

https://cli.re/vMix-Panel-builder-4.0.42

- fixed background color not changing on labels when editing
- change minimum sizing of lists to allow for narrower Lists
- fixed computer IP address when syncing (now shows correct IP)
- added new vMix25 commands
- fixed issue of app not quitting properly on some Windows machines (especially Server intallations)
- bug fixes

Richard
Joeboe  
#835 Posted : Wednesday, April 13, 2022 7:05:37 AM(UTC)
Joeboe

Hi Richard, I have just got to testing PB 4.0.42, and I find it is not as responsive as the previous version...Scrolling through a play list is very sluggish and sometimes it does not respond at all...It is griping me, as I am used to quick responses from PB....I do not know if the vmix 25 support has caused this....
raugert  
#836 Posted : Wednesday, April 13, 2022 11:14:51 AM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

Originally Posted by: Joeboe Go to Quoted Post
Hi Richard, I have just got to testing PB 4.0.42, and I find it is not as responsive as the previous version...Scrolling through a play list is very sluggish and sometimes it does not respond at all...It is griping me, as I am used to quick responses from PB....I do not know if the vmix 25 support has caused this....

As the application grows with the addition of new features, it naturally requires more CPU to process the data. The response of Panel Builder is also related to the number and types of objects on a page. The more objects like VU's Faders and Lists on one page, the slower the response may be depending on the device used to run the app. Having said that, there shouldn't be much difference from previous versions as I tried to minimize the impact of adding the latest features.

The addition of vMIx25 shortcut should have no impact on performance.

I tested with 3 playlists containing a dozen items each and they respond quite reasonably. Out of curiosity... how long are your playlists.

Richard
Joeboe  
#837 Posted : Wednesday, April 13, 2022 1:20:36 PM(UTC)
Joeboe

Some of my lists have 5 clips, some have as much as 50 clips, but that is not an issue with 4.0.40, it works smooth , but I found 4.0.42 a bit sluggish.

Another thing, is there a way to get a tally for a audio clip that is just playing but not in program nor preview......I ask this as sometimes I have music playing in the background in a playlist, where I may have 2 lists in a group, but cannot remember which group is playing, I have to shuttle through my inputs to see that file...but if there is a tally, I could set up PB to toggle on/off, as if it was in prev. or prog. any ideas?
raugert  
#838 Posted : Thursday, April 14, 2022 7:30:08 AM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

I'm not quite sure what you are doing ? You can't run a "Playlist" in the background ? It is used for Output only. So I'm assuming you have a standard "List" looping some audio files. In that case, you can create a button with "PlayPause" as the command and set the "Input" to the list you wish to control. The "PlayPause" button should tally if the list is actually Playing. You could then use that button to "Pause" the list if you wish.

I'm confused about "I may have 2 lists in a group "... You shouldn't really group lists as they are separate entities and don't really have any common elements..

Richard
Joeboe  
#839 Posted : Thursday, April 14, 2022 12:06:30 PM(UTC)
Joeboe

You may be surprise at the crap I come up with....I have 4 Lists named Player 1, 2, 3, 4, and I have them set up in a way that I can shuttle through them to see what videos, or songs are in them.....works great...I do the same thing with titles....I am not crazy, but I love playing with this app.....so much that can be done once you understand what you want, and find ways of doing it....I have a list of hymns I use for funerals, and another list for just organ music to play as background music for the viewing before the actual service starts.....don't have any issues....helps me keep things organised...and works wonderful....I can shuttle between different players, and scroll through their contents with ease...but, when I put them to play, the only way I know which player is running, I have to select, to see the play/pause button .... I use the group method for my players....Have you really checked to see what a wonderful app you have created... I can just use that without touching vMix ... just the Panel Builder....

Keep the good work going...
joeboe
raugert  
#840 Posted : Thursday, April 14, 2022 12:55:44 PM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

That's really interesting Joeboe. Can you send me your template so that I can better understand how you are using the lists and the play/pause grouping feature. I know there are a lot of possibilities for individual use cases. I'll see if there is something you can do in order to see which list is running. I'm thinking of maybe adding a button to each list to show which one is playing ??

Thanks for you're support and using the app to it's potential... :)