logo

Live Production Software Forums


Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Nick Davidson  
#21 Posted : Tuesday, May 3, 2016 10:30:40 PM(UTC)
Nick Davidson

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 4/19/2014(UTC)
Posts: 64
Man
Location: United States

Thanks: 4 times
Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Black Inputs NDI vMix Desktop Capture
admin wrote:
Nick,

The image you sent appears to be of something else, would be it possible to resend?



Sorry about that... Looks just like this:
ask  
#22 Posted : Wednesday, May 4, 2016 12:04:16 AM(UTC)
ask

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 10/13/2012(UTC)
Posts: 1,153
Australia
Location: Melbourne

Thanks: 208 times
Was thanked: 194 time(s) in 178 post(s)
Nick Davidson wrote:
Black Inputs NDI vMix Desktop Capture
admin wrote:
Nick,

The image you sent appears to be of something else, would be it possible to resend?



Sorry about that... Looks just like this:


Nick, have you tried turning off the firewall on the Macbook? http://www.wikihow.com/Turn-off-Mac-Firewall

These symptoms are usually firewall or CPU version related. From the specs of you machine I suspect the former.

Andrew
admin  
#23 Posted : Wednesday, May 4, 2016 1:36:31 AM(UTC)
admin

Rank: Administration

Groups: Administrators
Joined: 1/13/2010(UTC)
Posts: 4,877
Man
Location: Gold Coast, Australia

Was thanked: 3702 time(s) in 1369 post(s)
Thanks to all those that have submitted reports so far.
Below you will find version 17.0.0.64 of the vMix Desktop Capture for Windows NDI app with the following bug fixes:

* Was not detecting windows on Windows 7 machines with DWM (Aero) disabled
* Fixed errors on multi monitor machines where the layout of the displays is not sequential. (2 before 1 for example)

http://www.vmix.com/down...MixDesktopCaptureNDI.zip

Regards,

Martin
vMix
richardgatarski  
#24 Posted : Wednesday, May 4, 2016 9:49:03 AM(UTC)
richardgatarski

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 2/18/2014(UTC)
Posts: 1,693
Location: Stockholm

Thanks: 127 times
Was thanked: 271 time(s) in 227 post(s)
Thanks for the update Martin!
Wish it had arrived 24 hours earlier, I was struggling yesterday on a laptop that had it's external display (2) positioned above the built in display (1).

In any case, it works perfect now.
Nick Davidson  
#25 Posted : Wednesday, May 4, 2016 4:10:53 PM(UTC)
Nick Davidson

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 4/19/2014(UTC)
Posts: 64
Man
Location: United States

Thanks: 4 times
Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
ask wrote:
Nick Davidson wrote:
Black Inputs NDI vMix Desktop Capture
admin wrote:
Nick,

The image you sent appears to be of something else, would be it possible to resend?



Sorry about that... Looks just like this:


Nick, have you tried turning off the firewall on the Macbook? http://www.wikihow.com/Turn-off-Mac-Firewall

These symptoms are usually firewall or CPU version related. From the specs of you machine I suspect the former.

Andrew

Nick Davidson attached the following image(s):
Screen Shot 2016-05-03 at 4.09.37 PM.png (54kb) downloaded 0 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
Nick Davidson  
#26 Posted : Wednesday, May 4, 2016 4:13:59 PM(UTC)
Nick Davidson

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 4/19/2014(UTC)
Posts: 64
Man
Location: United States

Thanks: 4 times
Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Same issue :( Would be great to resolve this before the race on Saturday

Missing my desktop capture...

Nick Davidson attached the following image(s):
NDI black nada.png (31kb) downloaded 1 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
ask  
#27 Posted : Wednesday, May 4, 2016 6:42:08 PM(UTC)
ask

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 10/13/2012(UTC)
Posts: 1,153
Australia
Location: Melbourne

Thanks: 208 times
Was thanked: 194 time(s) in 178 post(s)
Short term solution for Saturday. Bring the Laptop in as a camera input via HDMI. Next, I assume that there is a NDI Scan Convertor and NDI Monitor for Mac. Kane from Newtek (send hin a PM if he doesn't respond to this post) may be able to help with where to find them (I was not able to see a link on the Newtek site). Load them and confirm that you are getting visible NDI source on that machine.

Meantime, Martin may have some other ideas.
admin  
#28 Posted : Wednesday, May 4, 2016 7:28:21 PM(UTC)
admin

Rank: Administration

Groups: Administrators
Joined: 1/13/2010(UTC)
Posts: 4,877
Man
Location: Gold Coast, Australia

Was thanked: 3702 time(s) in 1369 post(s)
I don't have access to the Mac development machine at the moment to test this, but here is the vMix Desktop Capture for Mac
with the latest NDI library:

http://www.vmix.com/down...topCaptureMacNDI4May.zip

Hopefully it solves the problem.
kane  
#29 Posted : Wednesday, May 4, 2016 11:58:36 PM(UTC)
kane

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 3/24/2016(UTC)
Posts: 331
Location: Chicago, IL

Was thanked: 143 time(s) in 94 post(s)
ask wrote:
Short term solution for Saturday. Bring the Laptop in as a camera input via HDMI. Next, I assume that there is a NDI Scan Convertor and NDI Monitor for Mac. Kane from Newtek (send hin a PM if he doesn't respond to this post) may be able to help with where to find them (I was not able to see a link on the Newtek site). Load them and confirm that you are getting visible NDI source on that machine.

Meantime, Martin may have some other ideas.


Sienna makes a free and paid (+ feature rich) NDI Scan Converter for Macintosh. You can find them both in the OSX App Store. There currently isn't a NDI Monitor for OSX at this point.

NewTek Connect Pro does include a web server that allows a web browser to see multiple NDI sources, might be a solution for the time being.

Kane Peterson
NewTek
kane  
#30 Posted : Thursday, May 5, 2016 12:01:18 AM(UTC)
kane

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 3/24/2016(UTC)
Posts: 331
Location: Chicago, IL

Was thanked: 143 time(s) in 94 post(s)
Nick Davidson wrote:
Same issue :( Would be great to resolve this before the race on Saturday

Missing my desktop capture...



Have you tried another network cable? Someone I know had a substandard CAT5 cable and was getting results similar to what you have. It would see the 'connections' but only be black in the video windows. The network cable he was using was corrupting so many packets that no video could get through.

Kane Peterson
NewTek
ask  
#31 Posted : Thursday, May 5, 2016 1:47:51 AM(UTC)
ask

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 10/13/2012(UTC)
Posts: 1,153
Australia
Location: Melbourne

Thanks: 208 times
Was thanked: 194 time(s) in 178 post(s)
kane wrote:

Have you tried another network cable? Someone I know had a substandard CAT5 cable and was getting results similar to what you have. It would see the 'connections' but only be black in the video windows. The network cable he was using was corrupting so many packets that no video could get through.

Kane Peterson
NewTek


Good point Kane. Nick, try connecting the two computers directly with a crossover cable rather than using a router/switch. You will need to assign IP addresses, mask and gateway. That will ensure the router/switch is not degrading the signal on the way through.
corporatejames  
#32 Posted : Thursday, May 5, 2016 2:44:37 AM(UTC)
corporatejames

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 8/2/2015(UTC)
Posts: 364
Man
Australia
Location: Sydney

Thanks: 283 times
Was thanked: 75 time(s) in 61 post(s)
ask wrote:
kane wrote:

Have you tried another network cable? Someone I know had a substandard CAT5 cable and was getting results similar to what you have. It would see the 'connections' but only be black in the video windows. The network cable he was using was corrupting so many packets that no video could get through.

Kane Peterson
NewTek


Good point Kane. Nick, try connecting the two computers directly with a crossover cable rather than using a router/switch. You will need to assign IP addresses, mask and gateway. That will ensure the router/switch is not degrading the signal on the way through.


You don't need crossover cable in most new Network cards
As per my post last week. Using your second NIC for NDI with crossover or standard network cable to a laptop
because of Auto_MDI-X
ask  
#33 Posted : Thursday, May 5, 2016 4:22:04 AM(UTC)
ask

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 10/13/2012(UTC)
Posts: 1,153
Australia
Location: Melbourne

Thanks: 208 times
Was thanked: 194 time(s) in 178 post(s)
Understand that James. A crossover cable is a safe option though if you don't know if the NICs are auto-sensing.
Nick Davidson  
#34 Posted : Friday, May 6, 2016 11:51:41 PM(UTC)
Nick Davidson

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 4/19/2014(UTC)
Posts: 64
Man
Location: United States

Thanks: 4 times
Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
I have Desktop Capture working on the Mac Book. I hate to admit my ignorance but it was simply a wrong ip Address set on the Mac Book, an updated iP address and it worked!

Please forgive me for my ignorance. I've never been the best at setting up networks but I'm learning fast.

Users browsing this topic
2 Pages<12
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.