logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Troviss  
#1 Posted : Sunday, March 20, 2016 1:43:19 PM(UTC)
Troviss

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I have been testing vMix for some years, but now I bought vMix 16 SD 16.0.0.115 for some days ago now. I used 4 usb keyring cameras before, but now I have Sony AVI-D70 p and AVI D100 p. I can´t use more than 2 usb cameras in same time. I have 2 Panasonic HD kameras to and all cameras has a Technaxx converters from YC signal to USB2.

From beginning when I test vMix 12 and 13, I could use 4 usb keyring cameras in same time. But now in vMix 10 I only can use 2 cameras. There is not enogh bandwidth in usb 2. Why does it gives a more bad performance in in vMix 16? What can I do to get same power as I had in vMix 13?

I didn´t have the same bad graphic card as I use now. Can that be a result of the bad power in usb2 to use 4 usb cameras?

I testad to install vMix 16 even on my laptop. It is very old 2.0 ghz dual core Dell, but it is easy to drive 2 usb cameras on it. I try drive both computers with 2 cameras in each. I try to link over the cameras to my stationare computer by make a desktop capture from my laptop. I can then mix the 2 cameras to my stationare computer and drive 4 cameras in same time. But the video quality is not so good and quick and has more bad latensy.

I have firewire out and in on both computers. Can I use something of that to speed it up, or can I use a network cable?

Can someone here help me to use some trick to use all 4 usb cameras in my stationare computer?
mjgraves  
#2 Posted : Monday, March 21, 2016 5:53:42 PM(UTC)
mjgraves

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 263 time(s) in 233 post(s)
A USB 2.0 bus is limited to 480 mbps. When you see an "out of bandwidth" error the capture devices (or webcams) have simply maxed out the USB connection. You can probably add more USB ports via a PCIe card, and so have more USB busses to handle you capture devices.

A desktop computer will often have multiple USB ports, but they may on a limited number of busses. One buss from ports in the front, one for ports in the back, etc. If one bus is being over-taxed try connecting one of the devices to a port elsewhere on the chassis. That will likely be on another bus.

Alternatively, if your capture devices can vary how they encode the video you might try MJPEG encoding instead of uncompressed. This will reduce the data across the ISB bus and allow you to have more devices on each bus.