logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
tony marone  
#1 Posted : Monday, August 31, 2015 1:06:44 PM(UTC)
tony marone

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Hi Martin,

Not to be rude, but is the below question not cool? 77 views since I posted it but no answer. I am just trying to code this and needed a little help please.

What API function could be used to get information back about the countdown of a playing video. I am wanting to build a function that plays a video input in vMix and then automatically transitions out when the video is done playing. Can you help me with any ideas. I am using JustMacros and an x-keys controller for the front end. I pass the command using vMix API to make the video play. Then I need to keep checking in a loop to find out when the video is over. Is there an API function which will indicate when a video has stopped playing or an API function that sends back the value of the countup or countdown timer?

Thanks in advance,

Tony
ShadowGauge  
#2 Posted : Sunday, November 22, 2015 4:19:41 PM(UTC)
ShadowGauge

I'm trying to do the same thing, but I'm guessing that specific function is being kept a secret, maybe cuza NightLife Music in Australia.. please someone correct me if I'm wrong, sample code would be sufficient.

If u type "http://127.0.0.1:8088/API/?Function=" with tracks loaded it return this header information

<input key="b1732efe-7152-4f2c-9ac6-1c186a8c6f27" number="1" type="Video" title="'BLUE' - Sage Francis [official video].mp4" state="Paused" position="0" duration="230040" loop="False" muted="False" volume="100" balance="0" solo="False" audiobusses="M">'BLUE' - Sage Francis [official video].mp4</input>

<input key="4eb473d0-dba3-4a9b-860d-4ee037aa90db" number="2" type="Video" title="Dillon Francis, DJ Snake - Get Low.mp4" state="Paused" position="0" duration="212602" loop="False" muted="True" volume="100" balance="0" solo="False" audiobusses="M">Dillon Francis, DJ Snake - Get Low.mp4</input>

So the parameters are view-able via html.. So as I understand it we would need to either write an event handler to trigger a Fade when a set variable was equal to.. we will say input 1's position at 225040..

But if there was a wait command, or possibly you could set a delay onto a fade equal to "Duration" - "5000" using variables... We have a delay option in the trigger commands for individual Inputs, but I cant get the delay to function there either..which puts me back at square 1.. with you fine sir..

So I'm guessing Martin is the man.. So please at the very least help "US" to understand how to acquire the necessary information that would allow us to do said project.. I work at a strip club Vjing with software from the 80's..(Nightlife) I would love to be able to sell them on your software so I could use this lovely program at work, But I would have to be able figure out how the software side fully functions.. I've tried the scheduler but it references the wrong ip and i dont know how to change it.. Oh yeah.. I have no idea how to code so laymen terms plz and ty.. If it lights a fire, the owner of my establishment has 6 other clubs in the U.S. So it could lead to more then a basic singular sale from me.. after my 90 day trial of course.. Unless I make this work ;)
madness  
#3 Posted : Sunday, November 22, 2015 5:09:10 PM(UTC)
madness

Man

Was thanked: 32 time(s) in 29 post(s)
Sorry, but as a viewer of the API topic, I was looking simply to learn something. I personally don't know enough about it to help. I'm certain many others are in the same boat.
g-mo  
#4 Posted : Monday, November 23, 2015 1:18:33 AM(UTC)
g-mo

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
tony marone wrote:
Hi Martin,

Not to be rude, but is the below question not cool? 77 views since I posted it but no answer. I am just trying to code this and needed a little help please.

What API function could be used to get information back about the countdown of a playing video. I am wanting to build a function that plays a video input in vMix and then automatically transitions out when the video is done playing. Can you help me with any ideas. I am using JustMacros and an x-keys controller for the front end. I pass the command using vMix API to make the video play. Then I need to keep checking in a loop to find out when the video is over. Is there an API function which will indicate when a video has stopped playing or an API function that sends back the value of the countup or countdown timer?

Thanks in advance,

Tony

It has to be possible as what you're describing is already done in vMixScheduler. Maybe reach out to macjaeger?
ShadowGauge  
#5 Posted : Monday, November 23, 2015 3:48:42 PM(UTC)
ShadowGauge

I have found that apparently you need to load a specific interface from one of the dll's that allow you to pull position and duration info, and yes the scheduler has it already figured out, but I'm going to figure out how to add the functions to the API script functions..Being a newb myself I just barely understand what an API actually is, and as far as I can tell, it describes the interface between hardware and software layers, the xaml code is used to implement those functions between the software and the user layers.. ie gives the user control over the api functions.. but without event loops being defined inside of the api, what I'm trying to achieve is not possible.. and I'm not sure if you can load an api function from another dll, and the guide says no.. you cant, but it also says you can compile your own dll's using .net framework 3.5 and load it into vMix, and I should be able to use the vmixcontrolinterface class er whatever to pull the info i need, and define a loop in that and have the main software load the class since i cant load it in the scripter... Of course I dont really know what Im talking about but the context should b right even if the language is not.. But if you can make the scheduler work that will do what you need as well.. but if.. when I figure this out I will let u know brotha.. cuz i dont like the idea of a scheduler personally.