logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

8 Pages«<23456>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ovinas  
#61 Posted : Wednesday, August 12, 2015 11:37:28 AM(UTC)
ovinas

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 57 time(s) in 49 post(s)
I had the controller in use with Studio One and Reaper. In both programs I never had any problems like this. But that was on Windows 8.1 and I don't have them installed after the update to Windows 10. I will do some checks, stay tuned.....
ovinas  
#62 Posted : Wednesday, August 12, 2015 4:18:09 PM(UTC)
ovinas

Man

When there is no template you can't use a template ;-)
Just use "Current" instead and set-up your own custom shortcuts for MIDI.
Go to "MIDI Settings" and activate your controller. Then set-up the first shortcut by clicking "Add", click "Find", press the button or move the fader/knob on your controller and select the function it should operate in vMix.
ovinas  
#63 Posted : Wednesday, August 12, 2015 4:34:02 PM(UTC)
ovinas

Man

Please check that it's in MIDI mode.
From the manual:
Quote:
2.3.1 Native NHL Mode
In Native NHL mode TRAKTOR KONTROL X1 will communicate directly with TRAKTOR over
USB using the Native Instruments proprietary NHL protocol, which features high resolution
translation of the TRAKTOR KONTROL X1 knobs superior to MIDI.
For normal TRAKTOR control, you will use this mode.
2.3.2 MIDI Mode
The TRAKTOR KONTROL X1 is preconfigured to also be used as a standard MIDI controller
and can control any hardware or software that supports the MIDI standard.
► To access MIDI mode, hold SHIFT and press both Load Left and Load Right buttons. The
TRAKTOR KONTROL X1 will then transmit MIDI data like a normal MIDI controller.
ovinas  
#64 Posted : Wednesday, August 12, 2015 5:21:10 PM(UTC)
ovinas

Man

ovinas wrote:
I had the controller in use with Studio One and Reaper. In both programs I never had any problems like this. But that was on Windows 8.1 and I don't have them installed after the update to Windows 10. I will do some checks, stay tuned.....

Seems to be a driver and/or Windows 10 issue. I deinstalled the Korg MIDI driver to run the nanoKONTROL2 with the standard Windows MIDI driver. That's doing the trick for now...
stevespaw  
#65 Posted : Thursday, August 13, 2015 2:40:52 PM(UTC)
stevespaw

Man

Was thanked: 75 time(s) in 57 post(s)
Dante Virtual Sound card
No go, here is the error:
Could not start ASIO device Dante Virtual Sound Card
(x64), BASS_UNKNOWN_ERROR

https://www.audinate.com/products/software/dante-virtual-soundcard

We are using Dante to route all of the audio in the trucks.

Thanks,
Steve
admin  
#66 Posted : Friday, August 14, 2015 10:00:57 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4166 time(s) in 1497 post(s)
Hi Steve,

Do you have any other ASIO apps known to work with the virtual sound card on that computer?
The error would indicate that Dante is not connected yet or configured as the error is coming from the driver itself.

Regards,

Martin
vMix
admin  
#67 Posted : Friday, August 14, 2015 10:09:20 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

New update (16.0.0.55) has been uploaded to the same download link

* New MultiView layouts
* Added dropdown menu next to Add Input for easy access to recent files
* Added support for IP Streams to Instant Replay
* Added new right click "Create Virtual Input" menu option
* Added "Always Play First Item with Transition" List Input option
* Added support for new YUAN High Tech cards
* Virtual Inputs now default to copying the settings from the source Input
* SetImage API can now be used via shortcuts, also excepts blank filenames
* Fixed Replay loop button error
* H264 Low Latency format option when adding cameras that use hardware encoding (such as from YUAN High Tech)

I've now moved to feature complete, bug fix mode for this release. Please continue to report
any bug fixes. Documentation is now being worked on for a final vMix 16 release at the end of August!
thanks 3 users thanked admin for this useful post.
PFBM on 8/14/2015(UTC), r@wisla on 8/14/2015(UTC), madness on 8/16/2015(UTC)
ask  
#68 Posted : Friday, August 14, 2015 5:31:18 PM(UTC)
ask

Australia

Was thanked: 199 time(s) in 181 post(s)
I like the Recent list! :-)
ask  
#69 Posted : Friday, August 14, 2015 11:13:40 PM(UTC)
ask

Australia

Was thanked: 199 time(s) in 181 post(s)
Error generated when trying to use the new features to connect to daCast. When you enter the username and password the attatched message is displayed. Error report sent. Manual login to a channel works without issue.

ask attached the following image(s):
vMixDaCastError.png (28kb) downloaded 2 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
IceStream  
#70 Posted : Saturday, August 15, 2015 10:53:26 AM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
Quote:
To answer Madness, how I did it the way we want it. I created two identical Multiviews, and then modified one of them to full frame zoom of the layer I wanted to be full frame. Then Merged from one of the Multview to the other Multiview. Actually, for a double box (two videos side by side on a common background, you need three Multivew inputs. One for both, one for left box full frame, and one for right box full frame. Furthermore, for one of the latter you need to flip the layers so that the one going into full frame is at the top layer. Otherwise it will be obscured during the zoom (sorry, the dissolve as a fix just looks bad). One issue here is that it is challenging for the operator to quickly distinguish between the "single source" input, and the Multiview with that input full frame on top. Both inputs look the same...

It would be much easier if it was possible to MultiZoom in/out between a single source Input (eg a camera) and a Multiview, using only one Multiview (instead of three). Pondering about this for a couple of days, I summarize how I think this could be done.

If going from/to a single source to/from a multiview, temporarily make that single source the top layer (make sure it is not obscured by other layers during the transition). On completition, assign it's layer as defined in the Multiview.

Leave Inputs in Output that does not exist in Preview as they are, until the transition is complete, then remove non matching Inputs. And for Inputs in Preview that does not exist in Output, these would be cut in, at the very start of the Merge. It is up to the user to make sure that non-matching inputs are layered correctly, eg under merging layers. (And as aboe, for single sources its layer is put on top automatically).

Thanks Richard for the description, and I agree with 'possible' solutions although it doesn't solve every situation.
I have played around with it a bit and it is indeed the upper most layer that maintains full opacity during the 'Merge' transition, but a potential issue would be if the merging input is cropped or partially hidden behind another input in the 'MultiView' input (e.g. I typically put inputs behind the "MultiViewHD" template with a slightly larger image than the opening, in which case, the image needs to be cropped when placed on top and thus an extra time consumming step)

UserPostedImage
Input behind Template

UserPostedImage
Input On top of Template (un-cropped)

Ice
richardgatarski  
#71 Posted : Saturday, August 15, 2015 11:05:48 AM(UTC)
richardgatarski

Was thanked: 292 time(s) in 246 post(s)
Love all the additions in 16.0.0.55!

It is not possible to right-click Create a Virtual input, if it's done in a Virtual input. But it is possible to create one via the Coq wheel.

Creating a Virtual input from an Input with name set by vMix (eg "image.jpg" is named "Virtual - image.jpg".
If created from an Input which name is changed by user (eg to "MyImage") is named "MyImage - MyImage".
Suggestion: have vMix set the name "VirtualNN - original", where NN is sequence 01 and so fort, and "original" is the name of the Input from which the virtual one is created. Unique names are important as they now can be used for shortcuts.

I think a warning "Preset has been changed, save first?" is needed for New, Open and Last.

An old thing: In Settings/Output it is possible to specify an Input that does not exist. I am not sure why, would prefer that it was not. And that the user gets a warning if an Input that is used for an Output is removed.
(Even older thing/request: that the names should be included in the drop-down selection of Inputs for Outputs).

I thing an indication of dB/liniar setting would be useful on the Main meter. (Right-click on meter to change?)

Just noting that among all the new Audio processing features, we still don't have an indication of how much the compressor kicks in (an old feature request).

Will dig into the ASIO, Midi and ShuttleProV2 features next week. Scripting and other features later on...

Thanks.
richardgatarski  
#72 Posted : Saturday, August 15, 2015 12:53:33 PM(UTC)
richardgatarski

Was thanked: 292 time(s) in 246 post(s)
IceStream wrote:
Thanks Richard for the description, and I agree with 'possible' solutions although it doesn't solve every situation.
I have played around with it a bit and it is indeed the upper most layer that maintains full opacity during the 'Merge' transition, but a potential issue would be if the merging input is cropped or partially hidden behind another input in the 'MultiView' input (e.g. I typically put inputs behind the "MultiViewHD" template with a slightly larger image than the opening, in which case, the image needs to be cropped when placed on top and thus an extra time consumming step)

Ice,
Not really understanding why you crop and why you put the PiPs behind (and not over) the MultiHD template. As an experiment I did a new recording with 16.0.0.55 and uploded it to YouTube.

I started out with two Inputs, each with a video animation. Then I Added a Title Input using MultiViewHD. Next I made it a MultiView with the first input to the left on Layer1 (slightly cropped on all sides and zoomed to fit), and my second to the right (uncropped zoomed to fit).

Now, in the video I start by Merging from the Multiview (Input3) to the right video (Input 2, which is on top in the Multiview). It seems to me that during the Merge the other layers are dissolved (this is where I want no dissolve). Then when Merging back two things strikes me. First that the other layers seems not to dissolve. Second, that the cropping of the second layer is ignored until the Merge is complete (bug?).

Continuing in the video I then Merged from the MultiView to the left video (Input 1, whis is layered under Input 2). It is clearly visible how the right video is slightly obscuring the left one, this is why I would like the Merge to temporarily move the corresponding one to the top. Same thing when I Merge back. Again, the right video is visible (dissolving in) before I want it. Actually, I am kind of confused which layers are dissolving when - it is hard to see.

Then I started to build my workaround by creating two new Virtual Inputs from my MultiView - easy fix nowadays :).
But, I gave up when I had to swap the two layers in one of them before making a full zoom. Too complicated to move layers. Instead I filed a feature request for moving layers in a MultiView.
IceStream  
#73 Posted : Saturday, August 15, 2015 1:33:54 PM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
richardgatarski wrote:

Ice,
Not really understanding why you crop and why you put the PiPs behind (and not over) the MultiHD template.

Essentially, better framing within the template borders (as per image above, especially convenient when using and setting up different sized inputs quickly).

With the new "Create Virtual Input" option on right click, it's a lot easier to set up two additional 'MultiView' Inputs for each 'Merge' option, but that is back to the same scenario of requiring multiple "copies" of the same input to perform the transition as desired.
I hope your request gets some traction.

Ice
Bardos  
#74 Posted : Saturday, August 15, 2015 5:56:36 PM(UTC)
Bardos

Groups: Guests
Man

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 13 post(s)
richardgatarski wrote:
IceStream wrote:

Ice,
Not really understanding why you crop and why you put the PiPs behind (and not over) the MultiHD template. As an experiment I did a new recording with 16.0.0.55 and uploded it to YouTube.

I started out with two Inputs, each with a video animation. Then I Added a Title Input using MultiViewHD. Next I made it a MultiView with the first input to the left on Layer1 (slightly cropped on all sides and zoomed to fit), and my second to the right (uncropped zoomed to fit).

Now, in the video I start by Merging from the Multiview (Input3) to the right video (Input 2, which is on top in the Multiview). It seems to me that during the Merge the other layers are dissolved (this is where I want no dissolve). Then when Merging back two things strikes me. First that the other layers seems not to dissolve. Second, that the cropping of the second layer is ignored until the Merge is complete (bug?).

Continuing in the video I then Merged from the MultiView to the left video (Input 1, whis is layered under Input 2). It is clearly visible how the right video is slightly obscuring the left one, this is why I would like the Merge to temporarily move the corresponding one to the top. Same thing when I Merge back. Again, the right video is visible (dissolving in) before I want it. Actually, I am kind of confused which layers are dissolving when - it is hard to see.

Then I started to build my workaround by creating two new Virtual Inputs from my MultiView - easy fix nowadays :).
But, I gave up when I had to swap the two layers in one of them before making a full zoom. Too complicated to move layers. Instead I filed a feature request for moving layers in a MultiView.

Is the dissolve is really needed...if there is a way to turn that off, it would be great.....I would have to do that effect at a rate of about 250 or 300.....to avoid that being so noticeable.....but other than that, it is a feature we requested long time ago....
I am still wishing for the ability to turn off the 'Preview' window when it is not needed and becomes a distraction......or have it used for titling of some other function so as to keep the GUI layout.....It is really distracting when using a very large monitor.....as sometimes I have to do, and in the video, it really is distracting.....

I also noticed that your CPU usage was over 55 %...like I said in another post, vMix is now becoming CPU hungry......
thecloudmediagroup  
#75 Posted : Saturday, August 15, 2015 6:39:49 PM(UTC)
thecloudmediagroup

Man
United States

Was thanked: 78 time(s) in 43 post(s)
stevespaw wrote:
Dante Virtual Sound card
No go, here is the error:
Could not start ASIO device Dante Virtual Sound Card
(x64), BASS_UNKNOWN_ERROR

https://www.audinate.com/products/software/dante-virtual-soundcard

We are using Dante to route all of the audio in the trucks.

Thanks,
Steve

Are you only using the Dante Virtual Sound Card? Dante can be a bit of a beast to get configured correctly. What is the sample rate of your Dante input? I'm not sure if it may not work if its higher than 48,000khz.
admin  
#76 Posted : Saturday, August 15, 2015 10:55:59 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

Bardos wrote:

I also noticed that your CPU usage was over 55 %...like I said in another post, vMix is now becoming CPU hungry......

Hi Bardos,

This is not the place for feature suggestions, and there have not been any reported issues with CPU usage besides one
caused by a faulty webcam driver. A while back you started a discussion on the CPU usage and it was determined
that it was a combination of an underpowered PC and you using higher quality settings than in the past. If you would like
to continue that discussion please start a new thread.

Regards,

Martin
vMix
thanks 1 user thanked admin for this useful post.
PFBM on 8/26/2015(UTC)
jet  
#77 Posted : Sunday, August 16, 2015 5:33:22 AM(UTC)
jet

Man

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 13 post(s)
admin wrote:
New update (16.0.0.55) has been uploaded to the same download link

* New MultiView layouts
* Added dropdown menu next to Add Input for easy access to recent files
* Added support for IP Streams to Instant Replay
* Added new right click "Create Virtual Input" menu option
* Added "Always Play First Item with Transition" List Input option
* Added support for new YUAN High Tech cards
* Virtual Inputs now default to copying the settings from the source Input
* SetImage API can now be used via shortcuts, also excepts blank filenames
* Fixed Replay loop button error
* H264 Low Latency format option when adding cameras that use hardware encoding (such as from YUAN High Tech)

I've now moved to feature complete, bug fix mode for this release. Please continue to report
any bug fixes. Documentation is now being worked on for a final vMix 16 release at the end of August!

Very nice Virtual Input additions and fixes! Thanks.

Hopefully the transiton duration issue will be fixed before relase (transition duration 10000 ms or longer not working and vMix forces it to 1000 ms duration. And vMix should put the max value to the duration field if user inputs too large number).

Kind regards,
Jan

Program mixed in vMix 15

Turn English/Frensh subtitles on.

Tally and Intercom Solution:
http://tally.fi

thanks 1 user thanked jet for this useful post.
GeorgeR on 8/27/2015(UTC)
wwdv  
#78 Posted : Sunday, August 16, 2015 7:08:30 AM(UTC)
wwdv

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 15 post(s)
I am missing the 'show input numbers' option in settings/display.
I like to hide the input numbers because my input devices have there own numbering, cam1, beamer1, desktop1 etc.

edit: I see the whole designation is changed ('virtual' inputs etc.)

I will learn to live with it.
jens  
#79 Posted : Monday, August 17, 2015 10:33:42 AM(UTC)
jens

Man

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Hi Martin,

did a short recording test with Prores, settings 1920x1080 50i Prores SQ.

It´s playing back in VLC, but in QT 7 and QT X on Mac there´s no sound at all, even Final Cut Pro refuses the file as not comliant.

Just to let you know,

Cheers

Jens
admin  
#80 Posted : Monday, August 17, 2015 10:48:52 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

jens wrote:

It´s playing back in VLC, but in QT 7 and QT X on Mac there´s no sound at all, even Final Cut Pro refuses the file as not comliant.

You'll need to select MOV (Indexed) as the file format for use with most editors.
It won't be fault tolerant, so loss of power or crash means loss of recording, but it will be more compatible.
thanks 1 user thanked admin for this useful post.
jens on 8/18/2015(UTC)