logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

8 Pages123>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
admin  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, August 5, 2015 7:50:49 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4161 time(s) in 1494 post(s)
vMix 16 Preview (16.0.0.45 Beta) is here!

Please Note: This is a preview release for those who like to live on the edge! There will still be some bugs, so it is not recommended for production use.

http://www.vmixhd.com/download/vmix16preview.exe

Your feedback is greatly appreciated, please report any bugs or issues in this thread.

Note: New features should not be submitted here, please use the Feature Requests forum instead.

New Features, Changes and Fixes

Audio
* ASIO Input and Output Support
* Improved audio processing quality
* New Noise Gate effect
* New 10 Band Equalizer
* Audio Meter added to Audio Settings with effect toggle checkboxes to compare before and after levels
* SetBalance and SetGain shortcuts added

Recording
* New FFMPEG recording option with support for MOV, MP4, H264, VC-3 and more!
* MOV recordings default to non-indexed which means partial files can be played back, but may not be compatible with some players
* Log files now saved to separate directory for easy management

Streaming
* Integrated support for Twitch, DaCast and StreamingChurch.tv added
* Add Input -> Flash toggle box added to support additional remote RTMP stream types

Controllers
* MIDI Input support, use any MIDI device to control an unlimited number of functions
* Support for MIDI fader controls to control audio or even the T-Bar!
* X-Keys button support for most models
* ShuttlePROv2 buttons can now be used to control any function in vMix, even if Replay is not being used
* Mouse scroll wheel can now be used to scroll input rows (while mouse hovers over Inputs area)

Shortcuts
* New Function lookup box makes it easy to find functions organised by category
* New "Find ..." button allows you to push a button or control from any supported device (Keyboard, MIDI, X-Keys, vMix Control Surface) to assign it automatically
* New Templates interface, allows easy visualisation of Keyboard, ShuttlePRO and Novation LaunchControlXL button assignments on screen, or as a printable graphic
* Improved Edit Shortcut window that hides options unrelated to a particular shortcut and provides function specific captions and hints
* MoveInput added
* Shortcuts can now optionally be assigned by Number instead of moving with a particular input.

Scripting
* New scripting support in 4K and PRO editions
* Write your own code and attach it to a shortcut or trigger
* Code can be created as either VB.NET code or as a text list of API functions
* Scripts can be called from the API (handy for bulk commands)
* API now supports HTTP POST
* API now supports selecting inputs by Name e.g Input=myvideo.mp4

External Output
* Support added for Bluefish output capable cards

Replay
* Higher bitrate options added
* Replay shortcuts now accept values greater than 30 seconds (up to 10 minutes)
* New switch direction button added to replay interface
* New Jump To Now button added to replay interface and shortcuts, will stop live and jump to most recent frame automatically
* ReplayMarkInRecordedNow shortcut jumps to now and marks in, ready to scroll back and select mark out point
* Live previews now show in Replay A + B when in Live mode, can be disabled in settings
* ReplayMarkCancel shortcut

Triggers
* OnOverlayIn and OnOverlayOut triggers now available
* Added trigger watchdog to watch for loops and throttle automatically

Tally Lights
* Added support for Tally Lights from www.tally-lights.com
* Tally lights now trigger on overlays as well

Effects
* New Merge effect animates all inputs that are both in the Preview and Output
* Use the Merge effect to create animations between inputs or create multiple zoom inputs for a single camera and smoothly transition to each

Desktop Capture
* Performance of "Capture Hidden Window" vastly improved. Allows capturing up to 60fps from any window on the same PC.
* Fixed issues with desktop capture aspect ratio

Fixes
* Fixed some issues with importing and exporting presets across computers in different language regions
* Fixed title sorting in Add Input -> Title

Regards,

Martin
vMix
thanks 4 users thanked admin for this useful post.
GeorgeR on 8/5/2015(UTC), madness on 8/6/2015(UTC), PFBM on 8/19/2015(UTC), Geffers on 9/8/2015(UTC)
cutter07  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, August 5, 2015 12:31:00 PM(UTC)
cutter07

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Thanks for adding so much cool stuff in vMix 16.
I'm just testing the new merge transition - real nice to have it :-), however it zooms a little bit more in the picture then the zoom settings are set.
Here a video to explain it more clearly:

Example Merge Transistion
thanks 2 users thanked cutter07 for this useful post.
GeorgeR on 8/5/2015(UTC), ogry on 8/12/2015(UTC)
ovinas  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, August 5, 2015 12:57:12 PM(UTC)
ovinas

Man

Was thanked: 57 time(s) in 49 post(s)
AWESOME!
And already playing around with MIDI...

First bugs:
Function "BusAAudio" and "BusBAudio" is triggering my "MasterAudio"

Would be nice to have more toggle options. For example there are toggle options for "Solo" (Solo, SoloOn, SoloOff) but e.g. not for "AudioAuto" (just AudioAutoOn and AudioAutoOff).
admin  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, August 5, 2015 1:10:57 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

Thanks for pointing out the merge issue. A fix has been posted below (16.0.0.46)
http://www.vmixhd.com/download/vmix16preview.exe

thanks 1 user thanked admin for this useful post.
GeorgeR on 8/5/2015(UTC)
ovinas  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, August 5, 2015 3:45:26 PM(UTC)
ovinas

Man

Having some problems with ASIO. Inputs in vMix (MOTU UltraLite AVB to vMix) are working fine. Outputs from vMix to the interface is a complete failure. The interface just doesn't receive anything on any channel. Working fine in other software like Waves Tracks Live. Also multichannel Windows audio seems to work fine.
AlanZ  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, August 5, 2015 3:59:37 PM(UTC)
AlanZ

Was thanked: 44 time(s) in 37 post(s)
If I install v16 over v15 does it keep or merge my existing keyboard shortcuts?

Also, where are the shortcuts in v15 stored? Can the be exported to another machine? I see an export feature in v16.
JoseE  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, August 5, 2015 4:36:39 PM(UTC)
JoseE

Hello, in version 14 and olders be could de-interlace or interlace a capture input without the need to close the input and reopen it, in version 15 de-interlace or interlace a capture input have to close the input and reopen it, will be solved in version 16?

I have 4 licenses of the vmix 14 and I can not update it because I use the function to deinterlace the capture inputs constantly and I couldn't be opening and closing capture inputs.

When use a capture input for full screen use interlaced input and when use in P&P deinterlace the same capture input.

José E. Garcia

Gestec-Video S.L.
richardgatarski  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, August 5, 2015 5:13:44 PM(UTC)
richardgatarski

Was thanked: 292 time(s) in 246 post(s)
Whow! The only problem is that I go on vacation tomorrow :(
But, on the positive side I can look forward going back to to work :)

I started with looking at Merge.
admin wrote:
It merges matching inputs in the Preview and Output and then dissolves the rest.
This is important because some unique layers will be on the of others, so you won't see the merge unless
they are dissolved while the matching inputs are merged

Either I set up things wrong, do not understand. or disagree.
I think that layers that have the same size and position in Preview and Output) should not dissolve. It is up to the user to nake sure that those layers are below layers that change size/position.
Or perhaps an alternative solution is two new transitions: Merge (no dissolve) and MergeDissolve (as now in 16.0.0.46).

In any case, tons of thanks from Sweden.
richardgatarski  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, August 5, 2015 5:24:44 PM(UTC)
richardgatarski

JoseE wrote:
Hello, in version 14 and olders be could de-interlace or interlace a capture input without the need to close the input and reopen it, in version 15 de-interlace or interlace a capture input have to close the input and reopen it, will be solved in version 16?

I have 4 licenses of the vmix 14 and I can not update it because I use the function to deinterlace the capture inputs constantly and I couldn't be opening and closing capture inputs.

When use a capture input for full screen use interlaced input and when use in P&P deinterlace the same capture input.

José E. Garcia

Gestec-Video S.L.

José,
I am not sure this topic is a good place to discuss your concern that seems not to be something announced for v16. Could you open a general discussion7feature request topic, or send me a PM, and describe in a little bit more detail how your setup looks like, then I might be able to suggest another way of solving your problem.

Thanks,
/richard
admin  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, August 5, 2015 10:53:40 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

ovinas wrote:
Having some problems with ASIO. Inputs in vMix (MOTU UltraLite AVB to vMix) are working fine. Outputs from vMix to the interface is a complete failure. The interface just doesn't receive anything on any channel. Working fine in other software like Waves Tracks Live. Also multichannel Windows audio seems to work fine.

Hi ovinas,

What output device and channels are configured in Settings -> Audio Outputs?
I have tested on a number of ASIO devices, but maybe this device works differently somehow that I am missing...

JoseE wrote:

Sorry, but this is not a supported method of using interlacing with vMix.
You can set the output frame rate to 50fps or 59.94fps/60fps to display the full frame rate of interlaced cameras.

richardgatarski wrote:

Either I set up things wrong, do not understand. or disagree.
I think that layers that have the same size and position in Preview and Output) should not dissolve. It is up to the user to nake sure that those layers are below layers that change size/position.

I think there is some confusion, what I meant was inputs that do not exist both in preview and output will dissolve.
If they both exist in preview and output and are the same size and position, they won't be changed or dissolved.
ovinas  
#11 Posted : Thursday, August 6, 2015 12:49:20 AM(UTC)
ovinas

Man

admin wrote:
Hi ovinas,

What output device and channels are configured in Settings -> Audio Outputs?
I have tested on a number of ASIO devices, but maybe this device works differently somehow that I am missing...

I have tested a lot of configurations for the audio outputs but none of them is working when the ASIO device is selected. Using the Windows audio mode of this interface is working. I will hook up my Focusrite this evening and see how this works.

Any comments on this?
Quote:
And already playing around with MIDI...

First bugs:
Function "BusAAudio" and "BusBAudio" is triggering my "MasterAudio"

Would be nice to have more toggle options. For example there are toggle options for "Solo" (Solo, SoloOn, SoloOff) but e.g. not for "AudioAuto" (just AudioAutoOn and AudioAutoOff).
HighViewSport  
#12 Posted : Thursday, August 6, 2015 2:54:09 AM(UTC)
HighViewSport

Man

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Had a quick play today. Doing more later tonight.
Noticed the option to play a new event straight to program by double clicking that new event has gone?

still getting my head around the new short cuts that takes you to last recirded frame and live. Looks good though :)
admin  
#13 Posted : Thursday, August 6, 2015 4:42:35 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

ovinas wrote:

I have tested a lot of configurations for the audio outputs but none of them is working when the ASIO device is selected. Using the Windows audio mode of this interface is working. I will hook up my Focusrite this evening and see how this works.
Any comments on this?

I will fix the BusBAudio/BusAAudio bug and also add an AudioAuto toggle shortcut in the next update.
Just waiting to hear on what you discover with the ASIO output issue. So far I have tested Focusrite, Behringer, Creative and ASIO4All with the output.
admin  
#14 Posted : Thursday, August 6, 2015 4:43:12 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

HighViewSport wrote:

Noticed the option to play a new event straight to program by double clicking that new event has gone?

You can turn this back on in the Replay settings, it has been turned off by default now as we had a lot of reports
of users accidentally triggering replays when clicking through the list.
HighViewSport on 8/6/2015(UTC)
admin  
#15 Posted : Thursday, August 6, 2015 5:15:55 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

Now that MIDI faders can be used to control the mixer, I've pondered changing the faders
to match how some analog consoles work, see the new discussion below and I would appreciate everybody's input:

http://forums.vmix.com.a...aspx?g=posts&m=18769
wwdv  
#16 Posted : Thursday, August 6, 2015 5:23:26 AM(UTC)
wwdv

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 15 post(s)
Is this (16.0.0.46) maybe a 64-bit preview release?

I've got an error on my 32-bit Win7 computer at the end of the installing process:

"Internal error: Cannot access 64bit-register keys on this version of Windows"

(Vmix 15 is installing without errors)
admin  
#17 Posted : Thursday, August 6, 2015 8:46:43 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

An update has just been posted (16.0.0.47) at the same download link with the following updates and fixes:

* Fixed installer error on 32bit systems
(Please note, vMix x64 is recommended as some features may be missing and/or untested on 32bit)

* Audio faders in UI and MIDI now default to dB logarithmic scale with -20dB at around the mid point.
This can be changed back to Linear from Settings -> Audio

* Fixed problems with new BusA and BusB shortcuts
* Added AudioAuto toggle shortcut
* Pan/Zoom shortcuts now support MIDI control for crazy things like assigning SetPanX to a MIDI fader or rotary knob!
* Position information now available from API XML

PFBM on 8/6/2015(UTC)
richardgatarski  
#18 Posted : Thursday, August 6, 2015 9:46:24 AM(UTC)
richardgatarski

admin wrote:
I think there is some confusion, what I meant was inputs that do not exist both in preview and output will dissolve. If they both exist in preview and output and are the same size and position, they won't be changed or dissolved

Ah! now I get it, and got it working - but...

I still think a distinction between Merge (see below) and MergeDissolve (as current Merge) would be very useful. I am trying to figure this out in my mind, which is not easy ;) Maybe you tried a number of ways and ended up with dissolve as the solution. So forgive me if I am just stepping into a dead end.

Consider making a Merge from Input 5 (double box on a background made in a Multiview) to Input 2 as setup in the attached image. For that to work now, because Input 2 is a single video source), I had to add Input 6 (which is basically a copy if Input 5 but with Layer 3 resized to fill the entire frame). And if I instead want to merge from Input 5 to Input 1, I have to add yet another Multiview Input (instead of just using one of the sources for what's currently is Output.

The kind of Merge I want would leave Inputs in Output that does not exist in Preview as they are, until the Merge transition is complete, then remove non matching Inputs. And for Inputs in Preview that does not exist in Output, these would be cut in, at the very start of the Merge. It is up to the user to make sure that non-matching inputs are layered correctly, eg under merging layers.
richardgatarski attached the following image(s):
merge-setup.jpg (192kb) downloaded 6 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
PFBM  
#19 Posted : Thursday, August 6, 2015 9:57:07 AM(UTC)
PFBM

Man

Was thanked: 35 time(s) in 30 post(s)
Hi
First tests with v16.
ProRes recording , very high cpu
DnxHD 90M wrong preset. it is recording at dnxhd 36 , its still very good quality and low cpu usage.
check this out:
https://en.wikipedia.org..._DNxHD_codec_resolutions
at this time i think .mov is better containner than mxf.
FFMPEG recording not present on multicorder.... it should be :)
i am testing the vmix recordings with davinci resolve 12 beta 2 free on windows 10 pro 64 bits

i connected a ShuttlePRO v2 i have , but i can't seem to make it work.
the template always go back to the keyboard..........

Cheers,

PFBM

thanks 1 user thanked PFBM for this useful post.
ogry on 8/12/2015(UTC)
Len56  
#20 Posted : Thursday, August 6, 2015 10:13:29 AM(UTC)
Len56

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 27 time(s) in 23 post(s)
ovinas wrote:

Same problem here with my Behringer X32 Producer.

When setting the Master Output and Headphones to (Speakers (BEHRINGER X-USB)) in the Audio Outputs in Settings I get sound in and out to the X32, all working, but when I set the Master Output and Headphones to (X-USB ASIO Driver) I get sound in from the X32 because the MASTER OUTPUT is showing audio coming in, but there is no sound going back to the X32.