logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
alexbyrd  
#1 Posted : Sunday, May 3, 2015 8:13:57 PM(UTC)
alexbyrd

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 3 post(s)
is anyone working on a remote control of the audio mixer pc software or tablet ?

I can see how to adjust via the api the volume of channels and audio inputs and I also have on my ipad a DAW controller that can remote control a audio desk or Digital Audio Workstation software mixer.

I guess it just needs a way to translate the DAW MACKIE commands over MIDI to vmix api calls.

I know the "just" is a lot of work but a lot less than building a complete mixer app.

any call/interest ?

I have been using and built a 5 SDI input 1 SDI output rack mount PC that runs vmix HD since January - its mostly used as a special input to our hardware vision mixer but it also goes out and streams live events when we need to do a cut down system.

Best

Alex.

silverstream.tv

Sondrey  
#2 Posted : Monday, May 4, 2015 5:43:27 PM(UTC)
Sondrey

Man

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Hi!

If you are interrested in paying, i can make a MIDI to vMix audio controller for you, you can see my other work at shop.njastad.com where we have programmed several MIDI panels, including motorized ones

Sondre Njåstad
Developer @ shop.njastad.com
thecloudmediagroup  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, May 6, 2015 1:09:21 AM(UTC)
thecloudmediagroup

Man
United States

Was thanked: 78 time(s) in 43 post(s)
alexbyrd wrote:
is anyone working on a remote control of the audio mixer pc software or tablet ?

I can see how to adjust via the api the volume of channels and audio inputs and I also have on my ipad a DAW controller that can remote control a audio desk or Digital Audio Workstation software mixer.

I guess it just needs a way to translate the DAW MACKIE commands over MIDI to vmix api calls.

I know the "just" is a lot of work but a lot less than building a complete mixer app.

any call/interest ?

I have been using and built a 5 SDI input 1 SDI output rack mount PC that runs vmix HD since January - its mostly used as a special input to our hardware vision mixer but it also goes out and streams live events when we need to do a cut down system.

Best

Alex.

silverstream.tv

Hey Alex!

We will be integrating Audio Control into our vMix Control Software called vDesk soon! It will have full audio control and will resemble a channel strip of an audio mixer. Stay tuned!

-Seth
The Cloud Media Group