logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
barkley  
#1 Posted : Sunday, June 18, 2023 7:56:39 PM(UTC)
barkley

Groups: Registered
Italy

Good morning, two quick questions on a JSON data source please.

1) If on a cell of a JSON data source I have a string like that ---> #13 Messi Lionel, is it possible somehow to take the cell as source but not take # into consideration or the JSON data source take everything's inside with no possibility to change something?

2) on a JSON API call I have a team roster and I need to do a line up of a hockey team. The graphic will be always the same but the datas inside will change match after match. Changing the url of the data source I should have the new names in the good positions.
The point is that in the source I have a column with the jersey number, one with the name, one with the role (RD, LD, RW, LW, C) and a column with the line in which they will play (1,2,3,4) and so on.
The file is sorted by jersey number and it is impossible that every team have the same jersey numbers and that (according to that) RD of line 1 is always in row 3, LD of line 1 always in row 5 and so on. Is there any possibility to tell the data source that in that position I want (instead of the number of the row) RD1 (infos that are in 2 different columns), in another LD1 and so on or should I ask the developers to change the source file?

Thanks
doggy  
#2 Posted : Sunday, June 18, 2023 8:36:28 PM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 920 time(s) in 759 post(s)
Originally Posted by: barkley Go to Quoted Post

1) If on a cell of a JSON data source I have a string like that ---> #13 Messi Lionel, is it possible somehow to take the cell as source but not take # into consideration or the JSON data source take everything's inside with no possibility to change something?

Depends. if the # is part of the string with a script one can remmove that (read from title and put edited in another title field , examples in this forum) with a script

Quote:

2) on a JSON API call I have a team roster and I need to do a line up of a hockey team. The graphic will be always the same but the datas inside will change match after match. Changing the url of the data source I should have the new names in the good positions.
The point is that in the source I have a column with the jersey number, one with the name, one with the role (RD, LD, RW, LW, C) and a column with the line in which they will play (1,2,3,4) and so on.
The file is sorted by jersey number and it is impossible that every team have the same jersey numbers and that (according to that) RD of line 1 is always in row 3, LD of line 1 always in row 5 and so on. Is there any possibility to tell the data source that in that position I want (instead of the number of the row) RD1 (infos that are in 2 different columns), in another LD1 and so on

confusing (have no clue what what your codes refer to in relation to your graphics and jersey numbers that cause an issue ):
Can always let a script read the source and rearange this, if its worth the effort is another question or maybe the script can search for wwhat you want etc

Quote:
or should I ask the developers to change the source file?

YES
barkley  
#3 Posted : Sunday, June 18, 2023 11:58:11 PM(UTC)
barkley

Italy

Originally Posted by: doggy Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: barkley Go to Quoted Post

Depends. if the # is part of the string with a script one can remmove that (read from title and put edited in another title field , examples in this forum) with a script

Quote:

The file is sorted by jersey number and it is impossible that every team have the same jersey numbers and that (according to that) RD of line 1 is always in row 3, LD of line 1 always in row 5 and so on. Is there any possibility to tell the data source that in that position I want (instead of the number of the row) RD1 (infos that are in 2 different columns), in another LD1 and so on

confusing (have no clue what what your codes refer to in relation to your graphics and jersey numbers that cause an issue ):
Can always let a script read the source and rearange this, if its worth the effort is another question or maybe the script can search for wwhat you want etc

Quote:
or should I ask the developers to change the source file?

YES

Thanks Doggy basically I have a grid as you can see in the image and in every black rectangle I have a player according to his position. Positions are fixed but of course players names change match after match. I wanted to create the title with data source etc in order to have just to change the data source of next match and have the new names. The problem is that the list is sorted by jersey number and so RD1 or LD1 will never be in the same row match after match.. that's why I was asking if there is an advanced method to match that. But as far as I understood the only way is a script or change the source from the beginning.. am I right?
Test Line Up