logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
omfgblondie  
#1 Posted : Thursday, March 16, 2023 7:30:42 PM(UTC)
omfgblondie

Groups: Registered
United Kingdom

Hello!

I've got an asset that I set up in GT Title Designer. It consists of many small images that I will change during the production. I've got a nice ZoomFade animation set up for the DataChange, and that works fine.

What would really make the production pop is if I could make a sound effect play when that DataChange happens. I thought I could maybe use the Image Sequence trick, so I made a sound effect and placed it in the same folder with the same name, and then on the second layer of DataChangeIn and DataChangeOut I added a ImageSequence animation. This did not work. I also tried making a 2 frame image sequence, just to see that it was a single frame issue.

Is what I'm trying to achieve even possible?

I'm still on VMIX 24 as our license to upgrade has run out. If this is possible in future iterations, I can put in the request for an immediate upgrade.
doggy  
#2 Posted : Thursday, March 16, 2023 9:00:52 PM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 920 time(s) in 759 post(s)
Originally Posted by: omfgblondie Go to Quoted Post
Hello!

I've got an asset that I set up in GT Title Designer. It consists of many small images that I will change during the production. I've got a nice ZoomFade animation set up for the DataChange, and that works fine.

What would really make the production pop is if I could make a sound effect play when that DataChange happens. I thought I could maybe use the Image Sequence trick, so I made a sound effect and placed it in the same folder with the same name, and then on the second layer of DataChangeIn and DataChangeOut I added a ImageSequence animation. This did not work. I also tried making a 2 frame image sequence, just to see that it was a single frame issue.

Is what I'm trying to achieve even possible?

I'm still on VMIX 24 as our license to upgrade has run out. If this is possible in future iterations, I can put in the request for an immediate upgrade.

One could use a script that checks on changed data/content in the title and call a function like play an audio file or so
omfgblondie  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, March 22, 2023 9:48:22 PM(UTC)
omfgblondie

United Kingdom

Thanks for these responses. The methods described are seemingly not available in Vmix 24, so I'll put in a request for an upgrade with our procurement department.
dmwkr  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, March 22, 2023 10:10:50 PM(UTC)
dmwkr

Was thanked: 119 time(s) in 108 post(s)
Thanks for these responses. The methods described are seemingly not available in Vmix 24, so I'll put in a request for an upgrade with our procurement department.

I'm pretty sure, that these responses are coming from bots, and that's actually kind of scary. These methods are not available in vMix 26.
doggy  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, March 22, 2023 11:32:11 PM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Originally Posted by: dmwkr Go to Quoted Post

I'm pretty sure, that these responses are coming from bots, and that's actually kind of scary. These methods are not available in vMix 26.

exactly, hence asked for illustrations ;-)
omfgblondie  
#6 Posted : Thursday, March 23, 2023 12:38:29 AM(UTC)
omfgblondie

United Kingdom

Fortunately the upgrade isn't very expensive, because I'd already submitted it. And it'll be good to have. Strange that someone would make bots that give detailed false information on the VMIX forums
doggy  
#7 Posted : Thursday, March 23, 2023 1:30:20 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Fortunately the upgrade isn't very expensive, because I'd already submitted it. And it'll be good to have. Strange that someone would make bots that give detailed false information on the VMIX forums

sadly yes , instead of answering with valid solutions one will first have to check now if a response is ligit also
Glad to see admin reacted to these answers being reported and has deleted those responses confirming they were BS

A way to have a sound is to use a script to check in the title if a text content has changed and play an audio file or audio input is the most flexible way
omfgblondie  
#8 Posted : Thursday, March 23, 2023 1:35:38 AM(UTC)
omfgblondie

United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: doggy Go to Quoted Post

sadly yes , instead of answering with valid solutions one will first have to check now if a response is ligit also
Glad to see admin reacted to these answers being reported and has deleted those responses confirming they were BS

A way to have a sound is to use a script to check in the title if a text content has changed and play an audio file or audio input

Unfortunately scripting is a bit over my head, so I'll go without. It's not mission critical, just a nice to have.