logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ossewa  
#1 Posted : Thursday, October 27, 2011 7:14:48 AM(UTC)
ossewa

Groups: Registered

Hi

First of all, thank you for a briiliant piece of software! I am evaluating it at the moment and I am very impressed.

Being a developer myself, I allways hope for some kind of interface into other applications, weather via API's, plug-ins etc.

The reason I am evaluating this software is to use it in church services.

We are currently using a program called "Lyrix" to display song lyrics, bible verses and notes on a projector. I need to show these in the video output from vMix. The text produced by lyrix is currently on a blue background - perfect for chroma key...

I tested the dektop capture functionality - but the response is a bit slow even at a higher frame rate. another way is to use the titles input but it would be a tedious job to create and display them for each song and verse.

Is there a way for me to develop a custom input or to get access to the titles to "Push" text to them from another Application?

Hope to hear from you soon, so I still have enough time to evaluate in my trial period.

Best regards,

Vermaak van Wyk
admin  
#2 Posted : Thursday, October 27, 2011 12:05:20 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4166 time(s) in 1497 post(s)
Hi,

Have a look at the following developer information:

http://www.vmix.com.au/h...eveloperInformation.html

The DesktopCapture feature delay is only limited by the frame rate and response time of the capture machine.
At 5 FPS the delay is only 200 milliseconds which is usually ok for most applications, if it is slower than that I would suggest upgrading the capture machine with a faster CPU and/or graphics card.

Regards,

Martin
vMix
davesuemcbride  
#3 Posted : Saturday, December 14, 2013 3:38:06 AM(UTC)
davesuemcbride

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
A little late to throw this in, but if you're already Flash-familiar you can open an swf as an input and overlay it. Using transparency you can avoid any/all use of chroma keying while having lots of control.

Regards,
David McBride