logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
PhillBarrs  
#1 Posted : Friday, May 8, 2020 1:39:29 AM(UTC)
PhillBarrs

Groups: Registered
United Kingdom

Hi everyone, I'm currently live streaming using Livestream studio to stream with, but looking to switch to Vmix mainly because to the more remote guest and more compatible with iPhones. But having looked in on the Vmix software I have a dew questions that I don't seem to be able to find the answered for, so hoping for some help.

In live stream studio there are two main features that I find very helpful and hope they are available in Vmix and I just don't know where to look.

1, The secondary click mouse option when switching between, sources. As can't find how to change the settings if it is.

2 On Livestream Studio when remote guest come in, I can see their downloading speeds, can this also be done in Vmix?

Any help would be amazing, and thank you.

Phill
ask  
#2 Posted : Friday, May 8, 2020 9:19:34 AM(UTC)
ask

Australia

Was thanked: 199 time(s) in 181 post(s)
Originally Posted by: PhillBarrs Go to Quoted Post

1, The secondary click mouse option when switching between, sources. As can't find how to change the settings if it is.

Can you explain what you are wanting to do here?

Quote:

2 On Livestream Studio when remote guest come in, I can see their downloading speeds, can this also be done in Vmix?

Yes
PhillBarrs  
#3 Posted : Friday, May 8, 2020 9:28:07 AM(UTC)
PhillBarrs

United Kingdom

Hi there so on the first part. For example any input source if you right click once it goes to your output or if you left click it goes to your preview box. I know I have my maths set up correctly because it works on live stream studio so I was wondering is there a setting within the vmix I need to change?

And on the second part could you explain how I see the speeds because when I bring remote callers in all I see is their picture but no downloading speeds?
ask  
#4 Posted : Friday, May 8, 2020 9:41:38 AM(UTC)
ask

Australia

Was thanked: 199 time(s) in 181 post(s)
Originally Posted by: PhillBarrs Go to Quoted Post
Hi there so on the first part. For example any input source if you right click once it goes to your output or if you left click it goes to your preview box. I know I have my maths set up correctly because it works on live stream studio so I was wondering is there a setting within the vmix I need to change?

By default when you left-click over the input, that input is sent to Preview. You can use the Cut or Quick-Play buttons to send to Program. You can change the behaviour of the left-click on the Settings/General tab of that input. https://www.vmix.com/hel...nputSettingsGeneral.html

You can also setup shortcuts (keyboard or external controller to send the input to either destination. https://www.vmix.com/hel...dex.htm?AddShortcut.html

Don't expect exactly the same behaviour in both programs. They deliver the same end result slightly differently.

Quote:

And on the second part could you explain how I see the speeds because when I bring remote callers in all I see is their picture but no downloading speeds?

https://www.vmix.com/hel...htm?CallManagerChat.html
PhillBarrs  
#5 Posted : Friday, May 8, 2020 8:12:33 PM(UTC)
PhillBarrs

United Kingdom

Thank you for this
KnKproductions  
#6 Posted : Friday, May 8, 2020 9:02:11 PM(UTC)
KnKproductions

United States

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Be aware, setting up a shortcut to use the right-click of a mouse to send an input to the main program window will take away a lot of functionality... vmix uses menus that arise from right-clicking inputs.

Maybe it'd be best to set up the middle-click on the scroll wheel (if available) as the shortcut.