logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
raugert  
#1 Posted : Thursday, December 13, 2018 6:31:55 AM(UTC)
raugert

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 29 post(s)
Here's a little app that I wrote for a request in the general forum, but I thought I would add it here as it may be useful for other users. I hope that's ok.

The app takes the Timecode Info (Position, Duration and Remaining) from the item that is currently playing on the Output, and sends it back as text to vMix through the API. You can create a Title (XAML) Input and capture the data as text in the appropriate fields (Position, Duration, Remaining). Now you can use this Title Input as an overlay (probably over the Preview window) or just as an Input in your Multiview.

Launch the app and just enter the vMix IP and the Title Input's Name that you wish to send the data to.

- You can run the app from any computer connected to your vMix network. (Mac or PC) or on the vMix computer.
- If you like, you can also use the app on multiple computers as a TimeCode Reader only (perhaps for a production assistant or other Ops) **
** If the app is running on multiple computers as a simple Timecode Reader, make sure you enter the Title FileName on only one of the apps that are running. Otherwise it will send duplicate data to your Title file.
- adjust the delay compensation to match the vMix Timecode. The accuracy is within 1 second. (usually good enough for production..)

I've included a sample .xaml in the zip file. You can modify it to suit your needs.

updated: fixed freeze issue after several hours
http://bit.ly/vMix-Timecode-v2

cheers,
Richard