logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
admin  
#1 Posted : Monday, December 30, 2013 9:25:46 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4166 time(s) in 1497 post(s)
Work has begun on vMix 12 which is expected to be released early next year.
There are also two major new features in the works which will not be revealed until shortly before NAB 2014!

Features

* Support for MOV and MXF files in vMix x64
* Input Triggers - Select one more actions when an Input finishes playback, such as fade to Preview.
* Select which inputs from a preset to load and append them to an existing session.
* Change name of capture devices
* Playback speeds saved in Presets
* Instead of selecting audio sources for Recording, Streaming and External Output, they will now all use a single audio source configured from Settings.
This will default to "vMix Audio" but a sound card input can be selected if you
want to do your own mixing.
* XAML support for two storyboards, one for "In" overlay animations and one for "Out"
* Set a video delay on each capture input independently of the "Video Delay" feature

Upgrade Note

Customers who have purchased vMix in the last 12 months will receive vMix 12 for free when it is released.
All other customers can purchase an upgrade for a fixed price of $59.

Regards,

Martin
vMix
thanks 11 users thanked admin for this useful post.
watchfulone on 12/30/2013(UTC), Adriankey4 on 12/30/2013(UTC), Damn2Good4U on 12/30/2013(UTC), TVIason on 12/31/2013(UTC), GeorgeR on 1/2/2014(UTC), imagebotique on 1/2/2014(UTC), jet on 1/5/2014(UTC), Nav on 1/6/2014(UTC), lbgaus on 1/11/2014(UTC), asvtv on 1/19/2014(UTC), madness on 1/26/2014(UTC)
Adriankey4  
#2 Posted : Monday, December 30, 2013 12:33:52 PM(UTC)
Adriankey4

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Cool!!
davesuemcbride  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, December 31, 2013 2:43:08 AM(UTC)
davesuemcbride

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Neat! Just a reminder of a couple of minor ideas we'd discussed re web service calls:

- deterministic way to play / pause an input (as opposed to existing toggle),
- Way to read volume level of audio input (hedging - maybe can already?),
- Way to fade / vary volume of audio input over time,
- Precision of volume, i.e. real / fractional values allowed since noticable 'background' levels can be very close to 1 percent.

Apologies if anything here already implemented - writing from memory ;)

Also, not so much of a feature request, but it'd be great to have deeper knowledgebase info on Flash inputs, covering issues like stage size, transparency, frame rates, and any issues with specific components (I seem to have better luck with the legacy components than the newer Spark). This is a very cool but easily overlooked feature of vMix that dramtically expands the product's capability 'footprint', especially for developers willing to invest the time in ActionScript development. I haven't found any clear bugs over a pretty decent development cycle, but there's probably lots I don't know but should know, especially techniques for matching frame rates or using anti-aliasing to get the smoothest animations - scrolling text for example.

Thanks!
thanks 1 user thanked davesuemcbride for this useful post.
Ernest Król on 1/4/2014(UTC)
imagebotique  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, January 1, 2014 9:30:49 AM(UTC)
imagebotique

Man

Martin,

I believe I have posted this in feature requests along with a few others. Having a "random" or "shuffle" toggle on the playlist would be a wonderful new feature. I film quite a bit of sports and during halftime or other types of downtime I cut to commercials or sponsors. It would be nice to add all of these sponsor media pieces into a playlist and be able to cut to the same playlist multiple times while having them play in a different order each time that playlist is triggered.

Wondering if with the right hardware it would be possible to "instant replay" from several different cameras. It is my understanding now that you are using ram to buffer the feed from a camera. Would it be possible using multiple high speed hard drives to ISO record each camera and pull instant replay from these different drives. I do some work now where footage is recorded to a hard drive and replayed at the same time. I currently use a Magnavox DVD/hard drive DVR purchased from WalMart for about $250 I feed video and audio into it via composite in, I record to the hard drive (it will record non-stop for 12 hours) and 7 minutes after hitting record on the DVR I then hit play on the remote and this creates a 7 minute delayed video all day for my customer. That is a bit if a different scenario than instant replay but referencing that so you the hardware can do it. I'm sure this Magnavox thing has a fairly cheap hard drive but it can still record to the same file it is playing back from.

Thanks so much and I applaud you in what you are developing here.
thanks 1 user thanked imagebotique for this useful post.
Bardos59  
#5 Posted : Friday, January 3, 2014 12:15:58 PM(UTC)

Groups:

Hi Martin, are we getting floating windows as in vidblaster?......that would be so nice..the user can arrange the GUI to his or her style...a vertical "T" bar would also be nice..

Just my thoughts...
ali  
#6 Posted : Friday, January 3, 2014 12:26:44 PM(UTC)
ali

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Great News, I've been waiting for the delay feature to sync all my inputs, this is a very important feature to us, Thanks Martin.
The Xaml playing 2 storyboards is great, if I may suggest for perfect lowerthirds and overlays we usual have three stages an IN a LOOP and an OUT, what that means if you can expand on what your doing to play three storyboards, one for IN once done it triggers the second storyboard with a looping motion always existing on screen till you hit out and it plays the third storyboard with the OUT animation.
One of the Features I'm still waiting for is having a LIVE INPUT WITH FILL and KEY and using a black and white image as a MASK for a LIVE INPUT SOURCE.
Thanks for all the hard work Martin,

Regards,
Ali
thanks 1 user thanked ali for this useful post.
jet  
#7 Posted : Saturday, January 4, 2014 6:08:12 PM(UTC)
jet

Man

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 13 post(s)
ali wrote:
Great News, I've been waiting for the delay feature to sync all my inputs, this is a very important feature to us

Same here! This is very important feature.

It would also be essential feature to be able to change container source and all other settings after it has been created.

Kind regards,
Jan Tervo

Tally+Intercom Solution:
http://kuvauskomeetta.fi/ti/
thanks 1 user thanked jet for this useful post.
Ernest Król on 1/5/2014(UTC)
Ernest Król  
#8 Posted : Sunday, January 5, 2014 11:07:19 AM(UTC)
Ernest Król

Man

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
jet wrote:
ali wrote:
Great News, I've been waiting for the delay feature to sync all my inputs, this is a very important feature to us

Same here! This is very important feature.

It would also be essential feature to be able to change container source and all other settings after it has been created.

Kind regards,
Jan Tervo

Tally+Intercom Solution:
http://kuvauskomeetta.fi/ti/

so vMix is going to be look like traditional video switcher - this is good :D
Nav  
#9 Posted : Monday, January 6, 2014 7:14:54 AM(UTC)
Nav

* Select which inputs from a preset to load and append them to an existing session.

Thank you!
GBIM  
#10 Posted : Monday, January 6, 2014 6:12:52 PM(UTC)
GBIM

admin wrote:
Work has begun on vMix 12 which is expected to be released early next year.
There are also two major new features in the works which will not be revealed until shortly before NAB 2014!

Features

* Support for MOV and MXF files in vMix x64
* Input Triggers - Select one more actions when an Input finishes playback, such as fade to Preview.
* Change name of capture devices
* Instead of selecting audio sources for Recording, Streaming and External Output, they will now all use a single audio source configured from Settings.
This will default to "vMix Audio" but a sound card input can be selected if you
want to do your own mixing.
* XAML support for two storyboards, one for "In" overlay animations and one for "Out"
* Set a video delay on each capture input independently of the "Video Delay" feature

Upgrade Note

Customers who have purchased vMix in the last 12 months will receive vMix 12 for free when it is released.
All other customers can purchase an upgrade for a fixed price of $59.

Regards,

Martin
vMix

Great Job Martin,
Include Fast Forward and Rewind for each video source with shortcut and also daily logs to view the files that played on Vmix not only error logs

GBIM
tesn  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, January 8, 2014 9:29:02 AM(UTC)
tesn

Man

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 9 post(s)
admin wrote:

Hey Martin . . . quick semi-related small request.

Can the preset also remember the last selected virtual set camera speed?

Thanks!

-Brian
wwdv  
#12 Posted : Friday, January 10, 2014 2:16:42 PM(UTC)
wwdv

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 15 post(s)
I am looking forward to V12.
I hope that the input sources heave only functional buttons, e.g. no play buttons for camera and image sources.
I like a clear UI.
dundurs  
#13 Posted : Sunday, January 12, 2014 6:09:30 AM(UTC)
dundurs

Was thanked: 45 time(s) in 22 post(s)
Hello,

Here is my wishlist:

1. Whenever OSX Keynote switches to Extended Desktop mode, the Desktop Capture stops working. If this could be resolved, it would open a whole new world for conference production.

2. Can you add additional resolutioins, such as 800x450 and 960x540 ? There is quite a large gap between 864x and 1024x.

3. Would it be possible to check audio by pressing the right mouse button similar to testing overlays? This would help much in cases when the live stream has been already started but we want to make sure that audio will be working.

4. Any chance we would be able to install Desktop Capture as a service on Windows? We have several 24/7 installations where lecturers just keep accidentaly closing the Desktop Capture.

5. Would it be possible to have more than one video delay per input? This would be useful to have, for example 5sec and 15sec delay possible for the same input.

6. Being able to start and stop the stream via web interface would make it it even more useful. At this point we have to create a custom made interface to start and stop the stream.

7. Introduce a checkbox for input “Automatically mix audio, mute other inputs”. This would be great for transitioning to commercials during the game, when other sounds have to be muted exactly at the same time.

8. I think right now when playing a video delay in Preview window, it always plays at 100%. Would be great if it used the speed set by the user.

I woulde also definately support these suggestions by other contributors:

1. Adding db scale to volume meter

2. Adding additional shurtcuts to increase, decrease, reset delay speed would be very useful.

Thanks and lookign forward to upgrade to v12,
Dundurs
cutter07  
#14 Posted : Tuesday, January 14, 2014 6:29:27 PM(UTC)
cutter07

Man

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 9 post(s)
- In vMix 11 the overlay effect like fade isn't working with "anti aliasing" ON.
- Scrolling back the protocol in the streaming window isn't working

UserPostedImage

It would be nice to have this in vMix 12.
admin  
#15 Posted : Tuesday, January 14, 2014 10:01:49 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

cutter07 wrote:

- Scrolling back the protocol in the streaming window isn't working

This is a limitation of FMLE (which is what is being used to stream behind the scenes.)
You can double click the log window at any time to see the full log that is created by FMLE.

Regards,

Martin
vMix
h2video.nl  
#16 Posted : Wednesday, January 15, 2014 4:03:08 AM(UTC)
h2video.nl

Man

Was thanked: 45 time(s) in 39 post(s)
thanks for that one!
I was wondering how to do that in fmle...

greetings stefan
cutter07  
#17 Posted : Wednesday, January 15, 2014 11:18:08 AM(UTC)
cutter07

Man

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Quote:
You can double click the log window at any time to see the full log that is created by FMLE.

Thanks, I didn't know that.

In the file streaming/profil.xml I guess that both variables #DROPFRAMES#, #DEGRATEQUALITY# are set to true, even if I set DegrateQuality only in the Advanced menu. I got this error in the protocol:
"Tue Jan 14 2014 16:17:15 : Profile Warnings : 1. For Auto Adjust, enable either DropFrames or DegradeQuality. Enabling DropFrames."
dundurs  
#18 Posted : Sunday, January 19, 2014 3:53:06 PM(UTC)
dundurs

Hello,

One more thing to add:

9. Would it be possible to manually choose the transition for saved delay list items (probably the same for common list)? The existing Cut transition for delay list items does not look good. This forces our clients to save delays as items which are really hard to work with, when there are many of them.

Thanks for considering,
Dundurs
admin  
#19 Posted : Monday, January 20, 2014 5:07:27 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

Transitions within the List feature is a complex thing to implement due to duration problems with certain video formats.
(An MP4 might say it is 30 seconds long, but in actuality is 32, meaning vMix would transition too early in most cases)

If all you needed is a transition once the video has completely finished then that is simple enough, but i'm guessing you
want a cross-fade just before it finishes, in which case this is not really possible with many video formats as per above.

Anyway the following additional features will be available in vMix 12:

* MarkIn, MarkOut shortcuts.
* SetRate shortcut which can be set to 1 for 100%, 1.5 for 150% etc, or it can be set to +=0.5 -=0.5 etc to increase/decrease the speed by 50% each time.
The +=, -= format will also be possible with SetPosition so you can jump backwards or forwards.

* Separate Play, Pause shortcuts
* Separate OverlayIn, OverlayOut shortcuts
* SelectPlayList shortcut to select playlist by name.

* List shuffle and drag and drop editing
* Ability to Import and Export virtual sets after making changes

Plus two big secret features that will be announced at NAB 2014!

Regards,

Martin
vMix
thanks 4 users thanked admin for this useful post.
TVIason on 1/20/2014(UTC), asvtv on 1/20/2014(UTC), OpenROADer on 1/21/2014(UTC), Innomedia on 1/22/2014(UTC)
dundurs  
#20 Posted : Monday, January 20, 2014 7:16:33 AM(UTC)
dundurs

admin wrote:
Transitions within the List feature is a complex thing to implement due to duration problems with certain video formats.
(An MP4 might say it is 30 seconds long, but in actuality is 32, meaning vMix would transition too early in most cases)

I was primarly looking for a way to cross-fade between items in list of saved delays (I believe the video format in this case is controlled by vMix), if that makes it any easier.

Dundurs