logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
rwhite  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, December 18, 2013 7:25:36 PM(UTC)
rwhite

Groups: Registered

I have read a couple of posts and understand that my playlist help request may not work.

I see that the playlist will play only 1 thing at a time but I can play many things at one time with the click of my mouse.

We shoot Video Star videos where our guests choose which song they wish to sing to as "air band" with fake instruments in front of a green screen.

Everything on Vmix works perfect. I have a startup video with our company logo and banner, it then fades to a countdown timer video, the next three steps I do as quickly as I can with my mouse, I start the audio, next when I manually select the overlays I start the camera which is set for chroma key, milliseconds later I start a Title screen in which I only have up for about 10 seconds. I use the title screen to show the song and group title, also a millisecond later I start a video as the background video, I have 4 to 6 background videos I go back and forth, when the song is complete I fade the camera out and have one last video that is our close out video with our company info then I Fade To Black FTP.

I have tested this over and over and the resulting mp4 video looks great.

My question, is there a way to do this in a playlist to help me from having to do all these steps. My concern from a past post is that the playlist can only do one thing at a time but yet I can manually have my camera on, play a Title screen and video background all at one time with no running problems with Vmix.

Any help with a work around or another solution would be helpful.

Bob White
IceStream  
#2 Posted : Thursday, December 19, 2013 9:58:45 AM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
Sounds to me like you want to "automate" the process more than just using the playlist...
rwhite  
#3 Posted : Thursday, December 19, 2013 12:05:49 PM(UTC)
rwhite

Pretty much. At this point I am going to use Vmix in a couple of different ways for what our company does. First I will create the video with the soundtrack. Save it and then use the video again when using Vmix live during our Video Star shoot. Will save me alot of steps and possibility of errors during the live shoot.