logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

7 Pages<12345>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
nikosman88  
#41 Posted : Wednesday, January 26, 2022 8:55:07 PM(UTC)
nikosman88

Groups: Registered
Greece

Was thanked: 52 time(s) in 49 post(s)
From my sideview 99.99% of software and hardware programms/machines that are out there and require money to have them, "is take it as it is, or leave it." If people continue to buy something and then not see what they want to see,nothing will change. If not buy, company will make changes because everything is all about money
Features forum is speaking to my language "να είχαμε, να λέγαμε..."
Maximus  
#42 Posted : Thursday, January 27, 2022 10:10:11 AM(UTC)
Maximus

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 24 post(s)
Originally Posted by: AgentPete Go to Quoted Post
I will upgrade to V25, paying whatever fee necessary to keep the updates coming, because I like vMix and want to support it and the people behind it.

However, to be brutally honest, there’s not one single new feature that’s compelling from our point of view. It does make me wonder what selection criteria are used to decide on forthcoming features. Basic things like audio ducking, organised input numbering and easy WAN collaboration still seem to be way over the horizon.

I guess it might be argued that if these features were popular, they’d be voted on in the Requests forum. Maybe so. However, that assumes that the Requests forum is a fair reflection of the views & needs of most customers… which may be a dangerous assumption.

I have multiple vMix Licenses and use it on a daily basis. I will also update to the latest version once released, but I too find this update uninspiring and more like a 24.0.1.xx update. This is the first major update that I am yet to try and that I am not inspired to even try. I assumed that others are excited and that is good. Hopefully the next update will be more significant, I will look forward to that.

Maxi

admin  
#43 Posted : Thursday, January 27, 2022 3:31:24 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4135 time(s) in 1487 post(s)
Hi all,

Unfortunately we have had to remove a few posts that are off topic.
This is a reminder, that this thread is for submitting bug reports in vMix 25 only.

If you want to discuss the state of new features in vMix, please create a separate thread, or better yet submit a detailed feature request.
Note, that well thought out feature requests will have a much better chance of rising to the top of our consideration list.

Regards,

Martin
vMix
thanks 2 users thanked admin for this useful post.
Gunnar on 1/28/2022(UTC), sinc747 on 2/1/2022(UTC)
doggy  
#44 Posted : Thursday, January 27, 2022 6:26:42 PM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 916 time(s) in 755 post(s)
emphasis on "well thought out" feature requests ;-)
ask  
#45 Posted : Friday, January 28, 2022 11:36:01 AM(UTC)
ask

Australia

Was thanked: 199 time(s) in 181 post(s)
Originally Posted by: admin Go to Quoted Post
vMix 25 Preview Update Released (25.0.0.12)

* Fix for error on startup when installing vMix 25 on a PC for the first time
* Fix for all category buttons not showing in Input Settings
* Fix for Preset Bundles not including files in a List input
* Fix for Preset Bundle not including powerpoint files
* Check for keyframe frequency in SRT settings, to ensure minimum of 1 second is entered.
* Fix for Sony VISCA over IP tally on some cameras

vMix Update can be used to install this update, or downloaded manually with the same download link in the first post.

Hi. Testing the bundle on a preset with many PPoint inputs returns the error message attached. I have also included the preset file. ErrorCapture_v25.0.0.12_Bundle.PNG (10kb) downloaded 0 time(s). ITIL Foundation.zip (31kb) downloaded 2 time(s).

A smaller preset with only 2 small PPoints worked.
TBacker  
#46 Posted : Friday, January 28, 2022 10:52:26 PM(UTC)
TBacker

United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Is there any chance that the missing files warning at startup can ignore what is in the list inputs (or be configured that way)? The previous behavior was fine for us where the only profile open warnings were for missing titles and virtual sets. I can see why some would want this warning, but it's making our people think something serious is broken in the preset and adding a startup step.

We change what is in those lists (and their source folders) frequently. Operators are freaking out when this "weird warning" is popping up when loading a preset. Additionally, that dialog presents a possibility for less experienced operators to inadvertently mess up a preset. We have the operators double click on presets to start vMix so there is no dialog to select which titles / sets are loaded.
spencerm24  
#47 Posted : Saturday, January 29, 2022 5:48:25 AM(UTC)
spencerm24

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 17 post(s)
I am not positive this is a vmix 25 issue, but it did just start happening after I installed the beta.

I'm doing a VMIX AVI Recording for editing in premiere, it is a 2 hour file.

I import into premiere and I get 90 seconds.

VLC and VMIX will play back the file, all 2 hours, but premiere only sees a fraction.

I am currently testing other codecs, but that will take an hour, as the half hour test, did work fine, leading me to believe some weird issue with file size maybe? I'm really lost in this one. VMIX AVI worked perfectly for me last year.
melody  
#48 Posted : Monday, January 31, 2022 8:43:00 PM(UTC)

Groups: Guests

normaly i record ffmpeg MP4 NVENC indexed (NVidia Graphic Card), witch save a lot of space and resources on the machine and no problems to edit on premiere.
stevespaw  
#49 Posted : Tuesday, February 1, 2022 5:24:23 AM(UTC)
stevespaw

Man

Was thanked: 75 time(s) in 57 post(s)
Preset Bundles:
Finally getting around to test the main new feature that we can use.
There is little documentation on what happens on import.
It seems to bring in all of the files into:
C:\Users\USER\AppData\Local\Temp\vmixpresetfiles.

What if there is not enough disk space?
It also seems to put the content in a bunch of random folders.
I cannot find the actual .vmix file.

We will have to be able to at least set the path of the imported project bundle. Otherwise this will be a mess in the long term.

It is a great start, but we can't run our shows from the c-drive.

My 2 cents.
Thanks,
Steve
admin  
#50 Posted : Wednesday, February 2, 2022 4:27:16 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

vMix 25 Preview Update Released (25.0.0.15)

* NEW FEATURE Adds the ability to change solid colors of GT shapes from within the vMix Title Editor.

These support the HTML color format, allowing them to be changed through data sources as well.
Text, Image and Color items are now in separate tabs in the Title Editor to help with organisation.
SetColor shortcut added to allow changes via the API.

LIMITATIONS: Only supports solid colors, any shapes with gradients or images assigned will not appear in the list.

* NEW TRANSITIONS BarnDoor and RollerDoor, just because!

* Better close/save confirmation dialog when closing vMix.
* Fix for Preset Bundles error when saving certain filenames.

vMix Update can be used to install this update, or downloaded manually with the same download link in the first post.
thanks 15 users thanked admin for this useful post.
STADIORADIO on 2/2/2022(UTC), doggy on 2/2/2022(UTC), stigaard on 2/2/2022(UTC), ron2210 on 2/2/2022(UTC), chiscort on 2/2/2022(UTC), eduardocfs on 2/2/2022(UTC), LAJDigital on 2/2/2022(UTC), mgrayeb on 2/2/2022(UTC), MickeyMJJ on 2/2/2022(UTC), rickvoskamp on 2/3/2022(UTC), avsoundguy on 2/3/2022(UTC), sinc747 on 2/3/2022(UTC), NeObr on 2/3/2022(UTC), raugert on 2/3/2022(UTC), jpetrie on 2/4/2022(UTC)
admin  
#51 Posted : Wednesday, February 2, 2022 5:22:03 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

Small update to the above release just uploaded (25.0.0.16)
This fixes the locate file warning issue for list inputs and also allows selecting a custom folder to save files in a preset bundle.
Note that this folder is only intended as a temporary directory, bundles are self contained presets and not designed for the purposes of transferring files
to a new computer permanently.
thanks 9 users thanked admin for this useful post.
chiscort on 2/2/2022(UTC), eduardocfs on 2/2/2022(UTC), STADIORADIO on 2/2/2022(UTC), MickeyMJJ on 2/2/2022(UTC), avsoundguy on 2/3/2022(UTC), sinc747 on 2/3/2022(UTC), ask on 2/3/2022(UTC), stevespaw on 2/4/2022(UTC), jpetrie on 2/4/2022(UTC)
Quinton  
#52 Posted : Thursday, February 3, 2022 12:14:53 AM(UTC)
Quinton

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Ahh, just installed and it says I need to pay to beta test this version, I know, I know I will upgrade eventually but needing to upgrade to test features before a release?
v24 was a massive upgrade, this doesn't seem to be so much a big upgrade for me so will leave it for a while.
TBacker  
#53 Posted : Thursday, February 3, 2022 5:28:06 PM(UTC)
TBacker

United States

BUG:

Items that are set to not be editable in GT Title Designer (Data > Hidden) are showing up regardless in vMix Title Editor in the color tab. For example, I have some rectangles that are set up as masks and backgrounds that shouldn't be visible at all outside of designer, but the color setting is showing up for them.
admin  
#54 Posted : Friday, February 4, 2022 12:43:05 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

Originally Posted by: TBacker Go to Quoted Post

Items that are set to not be editable in GT Title Designer (Data > Hidden) are showing up regardless in vMix Title Editor in the color tab. For example, I have some rectangles that are set up as masks and backgrounds that shouldn't be visible at all outside of designer, but the color setting is showing up for them.

This is actually by design.
We carefully considered this and since all shapes are set to hidden by default, would mean any existing titles would not show up anything at all in the colors tab.
So the choice was made to display all shapes regardless for color, but also put them in a separate tab so they would not clog up the interface with endless items.

thanks 1 user thanked admin for this useful post.
eduardocfs on 2/4/2022(UTC)
stevespaw  
#55 Posted : Friday, February 4, 2022 2:09:45 AM(UTC)
stevespaw

Man

Small update to the above release just uploaded (25.0.0.16)
This fixes the locate file warning issue for list inputs and also allows selecting a custom folder to save files in a preset bundle.
Note that this folder is only intended as a temporary directory, bundles are self contained presets and not designed for the purposes of transferring files
to a new computer permanently.

Ok this better thanks,
So the workflow is:
Open the bundle - Browse to the save location on first open.
Save the project as a new *.vmix
If to want to send the "new *.vmix" create a new bundle from here.

This works, The only other piece of complication is an ongoing pain point. You may consider this a feature request, but it is now more important with "bundle" workflow.
2 things:

1. I want to know what "kind" of input an input is when I open the gear for it. This would help a lot in bigger shows where more than one person contributed to creating the project. Just a banner at the top saying "Camera Input" or "PPT input" etc.
2. If that input is a "media" input, give me a button to just open the file location.

These 2 things will make the new Bundle preset workflow easier and make a lot more sense right off the bat.

My 2 cents,
Steve
stevespaw  
#56 Posted : Friday, February 4, 2022 2:50:05 AM(UTC)
stevespaw

Man

Also when in a "bundle" show the default save and save as should be "*.vmix" here instead of ".vmixZIP"

snip zzz.png (11kb) downloaded 0 time(s).

Less confusion overall,

In fact, I think there should be a prompt to save as (*.vmix) - just after the bundle project opens.
Steve
TBacker  
#57 Posted : Friday, February 4, 2022 2:54:15 AM(UTC)
TBacker

United States

This is actually by design.
We carefully considered this and since all shapes are set to hidden by default, would mean any existing titles would not show up anything at all in the colors tab.
So the choice was made to display all shapes regardless for color, but also put them in a separate tab so they would not clog up the interface with endless items.

Understood. However I would say that in some future release that this decision be reversed once people are warned about their custom titles and the stock titles are revised to enable editing (data > hidden) of whatever shapes are appropriate for end users to change.

Not only are complex titles going to have a lot of shapes clogging the color tab that no one needs to change, but I have a lot of custom titles with shapes used as photo backgrounds, frames, etc. that I absoluely do not want operators tinkering with or inadvertently changing.

Again, I understand the thinking, but I have a lot of titles that are used by less technical people and have to keep things as streamlined and un-breakable as possible. I can't be the only one.
stevespaw  
#58 Posted : Friday, February 4, 2022 4:52:18 AM(UTC)
stevespaw

Man

BUG:
maybe this is filed under "if it hurts, don't do it"

When selecting OBS Virtual output as camera input - it crashes vMix immediately.

Steve
jpetrie  
#59 Posted : Friday, February 4, 2022 5:20:20 AM(UTC)
jpetrie

Man
United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Originally Posted by: stevespaw Go to Quoted Post
Preset Bundles:
C:\Users\USER\AppData\Local\Temp\vmixpresetfiles

I cannot find the actual .vmix file.

Alternatively, you can rename the .vmixzip file to .vmix.zip or just .zip and open it as a normal .zip file. (Similar to doing the same to a .pptx file) You'll find the attached files and a preset.xml file that you can copy out wherever you like.

Alternatively to that, after you open the bundle (I have ver 25.0.0.16 for reference) and select the folder where the random folders go, you can go to %APPDATA%\Roaming\last.vmix to get the currently running vMix file and copy it wherever you prefer.

Finally, you can use the dropdown next to Save As to have the default be a bundle.

I hope this helps!
thanks 1 user thanked jpetrie for this useful post.
WaltG12 on 2/4/2022(UTC)
rrd  
#60 Posted : Friday, February 4, 2022 6:07:49 AM(UTC)
rrd

United States

was just testing the LiveLan feature, was working fine for about an hour then all of a sudden I got the spinny buffering wheel and now I can't get it to work again
i've rebooted VMix, i've rebooted the whole PC, still no luck
any ideas?

update: just got this error
"HLS playlist request error at URL: /livelan/stream.m3u8."