logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

7 Pages«<34567>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
gpdipalmerahtimur  
#81 Posted : Monday, February 14, 2022 2:10:14 AM(UTC)
gpdipalmerahtimur

Groups: Registered
Indonesia

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Hi,

Is there no confirmation anymore when closing vMix (other than Save)? The current behavior on v24 is helping us to prevent any accidental exit. On v25, I put the Stream ON and still can close vMix without any confirmation.
admin  
#82 Posted : Monday, February 14, 2022 2:57:58 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4159 time(s) in 1494 post(s)
Originally Posted by: hakan_forss Go to Quoted Post

How do I create a new session? I can't change the folder as the button is not enabled.

You will need to remove the old replay session and add a new one.
However, if you are seeing that Window it means the old replay folder is still there, probably on a different drive.
It would show an error of folder not found when opening the preset otherwise.
thanks 1 user thanked admin for this useful post.
eduardocfs on 2/14/2022(UTC)
admin  
#83 Posted : Monday, February 14, 2022 2:58:25 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

Originally Posted by: gpdipalmerahtimur Go to Quoted Post
Hi,

Is there no confirmation anymore when closing vMix (other than Save)? The current behavior on v24 is helping us to prevent any accidental exit. On v25, I put the Stream ON and still can close vMix without any confirmation.

Please ensure you have the latest 25 preview installed.
It now always prompts before closing, except in the case where vMix is blank (no inputs running).
eduardocfs on 2/14/2022(UTC)
hakan_forss  
#84 Posted : Tuesday, February 15, 2022 2:50:34 AM(UTC)
hakan_forss

Sweden

Originally Posted by: admin Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: hakan_forss Go to Quoted Post

How do I create a new session? I can't change the folder as the button is not enabled.

You will need to remove the old replay session and add a new one.
However, if you are seeing that Window it means the old replay folder is still there, probably on a different drive.
It would show an error of folder not found when opening the preset otherwise.

Is it possible to add some more info what to do in this situation or add a button to create a new session that overwrites the old one?
Ed Tech  
#85 Posted : Tuesday, February 15, 2022 3:06:10 AM(UTC)
Ed Tech

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
I'm having LiveLan issues....

First, let me say I love vMix and have been dating back to Version 7. There have been a lot of great additions over the years, some were very beneficial to me, some to others. I am really looking forward to LiveLan.

I teach Junior High School and have two vMix Machines. One for production, and one tied to a CC feed for the school. This feed is very dated, and I want to move us to a streaming solution, but money is an issue. So I was thrilled for LiveLan.

Now to my problem.
I installed 25.0.0.17 on the machine feeding the broadcast loop. It's not a great machine, but it's worked faithfully for sometime.
The install worked flawlessly, and we were up and going.....able to stream to the web controller on the machine, the network, via VLC...both wired and wirelessly. It was fantastic while it lasted, but a couple of days later it stopped. Dead. Restarted the machine and vMix, but it now will not even LiveLan stream to itself.

I've tried to isolate the problem by installing 25.0.0.17 on another machine. This time the install went smoothly up to the point of LiveLan streaming. The stream was picked up on the machine, but no where else on the network. It streamed to itself for a couple days, but over the weekend, the stream crashed and will not even stream to itself internally.

Any ideas?

Thank You so much
admin  
#86 Posted : Tuesday, February 15, 2022 2:26:21 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

Originally Posted by: Ed Tech Go to Quoted Post
I'm having LiveLan issues....

Please send a support report from the affected machine and send us an email via our contact page.
https://www.vmix.com/contact-us.aspx

Instructions on how to send a support report are on that page after selecting Technical Support.
admin  
#87 Posted : Thursday, February 17, 2022 3:12:44 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

vMix 25 Preview Update Released (25.0.0.18)

* Fix for issue that may cause LiveLAN to stop working after some time.
* Fix for shortcuts turning on replay angles when they are not active.
* Fix for prompting twice to locate files in a preset if it requires a vMix restart.
* Fix for shortcut thumbnails not working for Mix Preview/Active.
* Fix for shortcut thumbnails not updating when editing an existing shortcut.

This should be close to release now with all known bugs resolved.
If you are still seeing issues, please report them here.
thanks 4 users thanked admin for this useful post.
eduardocfs on 2/17/2022(UTC), stigaard on 2/18/2022(UTC), avsoundguy on 2/18/2022(UTC), ask on 2/18/2022(UTC)
DJShaggyd  
#88 Posted : Thursday, February 17, 2022 6:43:50 PM(UTC)
DJShaggyd

South Africa

Hi Not sure if this was fixed with the last live LAN update fix however. Half way through a show we had the web remote stop working. when I disabled it and re-enabled it in settings it started working without any restarting of the vMix show or the PC.
gpdipalmerahtimur  
#89 Posted : Thursday, February 17, 2022 8:55:35 PM(UTC)
gpdipalmerahtimur

Indonesia

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Hi Martin,

Is there a way to undo if user accidentally press SAVE? I think it is good if we have confirm dialog for saving, somehow we might mistakenly click "Save" button to open a preset and overwrite existing preset.

Thanks in advance.
doggy  
#90 Posted : Friday, February 18, 2022 5:55:46 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 920 time(s) in 759 post(s)
Hi Martin,

Is there a way to undo if user accidentally press SAVE? I think it is good if we have confirm dialog for saving, somehow we might mistakenly click "Save" button to open a preset and overwrite existing preset.

Thanks in advance.

If only one could do that with certain live decisions made , or was able to say before making such decision "wait a minute ... am i sure ?" ;-)
ask  
#91 Posted : Friday, February 18, 2022 12:14:51 PM(UTC)
ask

Australia

Was thanked: 199 time(s) in 181 post(s)
Most probably a PTZOptics issue, but with the 25 beta I am only getting a blank screen when brining in a PTZO cam through NDI. All other NDI sources are fine. Ideas? My thought is maybe it is not handling NDI5 well. It is coming into a v24 build perfectly. If I bring it into NDI bridge then that source into vMix 25 all is OK.
admin  
#92 Posted : Friday, February 18, 2022 2:31:58 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

As it is a NDI HX camera, it may require the latest HX driver in the NDI 5 Tools, so try installing/reinstalling that.
eduardocfs on 2/18/2022(UTC)
ask  
#93 Posted : Monday, February 21, 2022 9:40:24 AM(UTC)
ask

Australia

Was thanked: 199 time(s) in 181 post(s)
As it is a NDI HX camera, it may require the latest HX driver in the NDI 5 Tools, so try installing/reinstalling that.

Update: no joy with this. I'll try changing switches. Might be a physical layer issue.
robertskiba  
#94 Posted : Monday, February 21, 2022 8:17:03 PM(UTC)
robertskiba

Man
Germany

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hi guys,

I'm not exactly sure if it is an issue of V25, but I have tried to use an OBSBOT tiny Camera (the 1080p-version) with vmix and I only get a stuttering image, not fluent.

The camera works fine with other tools like OBS, but not in Vmix.

Sometimes, it even crashes vmix if I try to add it.

I tried to add it with 25, 30, 50 and 60fps - no difference.

grimlee  
#95 Posted : Monday, February 21, 2022 8:52:03 PM(UTC)
grimlee

Canada

Not sure it's a problem with vMix. Have been using the Obsbot for more than a year and have seen sequences of fluttering (in 24 and 25). Make sure your video format is set to MJPG and if you change the anti-flicker settings, cycle the camera power with each reset.
doggy  
#96 Posted : Tuesday, February 22, 2022 7:25:26 PM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 920 time(s) in 759 post(s)
Little instant replay beauty bug

As i was checking if i could mark an in point followed by say a -5 to be followed with an out to see if i could have a clip within a longer clip (not) i noticed the In turning red when selected but not turning off when a -5 or similar was hit apparently indicating it was also still waiting for an out which it isnt
robertskiba  
#97 Posted : Tuesday, February 22, 2022 11:05:40 PM(UTC)
robertskiba

Man
Germany

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Originally Posted by: grimlee Go to Quoted Post
Not sure it's a problem with vMix. Have been using the Obsbot for more than a year and have seen sequences of fluttering (in 24 and 25). Make sure your video format is set to MJPG and if you change the anti-flicker settings, cycle the camera power with each reset.

Thanks for the reply... MJPG was the right hint! I guess vMix or the driver from Obsbot doesn't choose MJPG as a default. So choosing it manually works fine.
admin  
#98 Posted : Wednesday, February 23, 2022 2:21:41 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

vMix 25 Preview Update Released (25.0.0.20)

* Fix for LiveLAN randomly stopping after around 24 hours continuous use.
* Added support for colour emojis when using the Segoe UI Emoji font. This is the default font for most built in GT Social title templates.
* Saved message will appear briefly on screen when clicking Save to confirm file was definitely saved.
thanks 2 users thanked admin for this useful post.
eduardocfs on 2/23/2022(UTC), avsoundguy on 3/1/2022(UTC)
richardgatarski  
#99 Posted : Wednesday, February 23, 2022 11:01:28 PM(UTC)
richardgatarski

Was thanked: 292 time(s) in 246 post(s)
Hi,

Please ensure you have the latest 25 preview installed.
It now always prompts before closing, except in the case where vMix is blank (no inputs running).

25.0.0.20 When playing a video recording, or recording and streaming, I get no warning for recording or streaming when closing. Only asks for Save changes...

In my humble view it is somewhat annoying/confusing that it always prompt for "Save", even though nothing has changed. Makes me think: "What?? Have I changed something. I don't want to save that, might destroy my original. Or...hmm, maybe I changed something, forgot it and probably want to save this. What should I do???"

EDIT (additional remarks):
Seems the closing question concerns Preset only, and ignores changes to the Settings.

I guess it may be so that vMix have no internal common flag for any change/s made to a Preset (or Settings btw). If so, a better wording would be "Do you wish to save your current Preset?" (i.e. not use the word "changes")
thanks 1 user thanked richardgatarski for this useful post.
jpetrie on 3/10/2022(UTC)
richardgatarski  
#100 Posted : Wednesday, February 23, 2022 11:43:25 PM(UTC)
richardgatarski

Was thanked: 292 time(s) in 246 post(s)
Originally Posted by: TBacker Go to Quoted Post
Is there any chance that the missing files warning at startup can ignore what is in the list inputs (or be configured that way)? The previous behavior was fine for us where the only profile open warnings were for missing titles and virtual sets. I can see why some would want this warning, but it's making our people think something serious is broken in the preset and adding a startup step.

We change what is in those lists (and their source folders) frequently. Operators are freaking out when this "weird warning" is popping up when loading a preset. Additionally, that dialog presents a possibility for less experienced operators to inadvertently mess up a preset. We have the operators double click on presets to start vMix so there is no dialog to select which titles / sets are loaded.

I don't really see the big point with this new feature. Was there a feature request for it, with a discussion on the use/need? I suggest an option (in the Settings) for "Warn for missing content when opening the Preset". And, if enabled, warn by: "Note, some files used by the Preset are currently missing. If you continue you will have the option to locate these" [Continue/Cancel]

In any case, there is no warning for missing devices (cameras, audio inputs, etc). Logically that would perhaps be useful too. That is, warn for missing files/devices and correspondingly be able to locate/find.