logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

48 Pages«<3940414243>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
raugert  
#801 Posted : Sunday, January 23, 2022 11:56:14 AM(UTC)
raugert

Groups: Registered
Canada

Was thanked: 309 time(s) in 176 post(s)
You can rename your template from .vmpb to .vmpbx . It will then sync with your iPad. Having said that, tablet templates are size specific, so it may not fit your device properly. Copy and Paste is not an option.
Joeboe  
#802 Posted : Sunday, January 23, 2022 1:42:40 PM(UTC)
Joeboe

Was thanked: 32 time(s) in 31 post(s)
Ok...Thanks....
Joeboe  
#803 Posted : Wednesday, January 26, 2022 1:09:14 AM(UTC)
Joeboe

Hi, I am having a problem....I deleted an Icon from my folder, and everytime PB launches, it is reminding me that it is missing from the Template....How can I stop this from popping up...it is annoying, and does not allow PB to fully launch....Do I have to create a new template to get rid of this popup....

Joeboe.
raugert  
#804 Posted : Wednesday, January 26, 2022 1:56:27 AM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

You don't have to create a new template. This happens because the icon is still active in one of the buttons, either as a button icon or a tally icon.

You need to edit that button and choose another icon or make it blank. Or just delete that button and create a new one using the current icons.
Joeboe  
#805 Posted : Wednesday, January 26, 2022 8:54:25 AM(UTC)
Joeboe

That button is no longer in the template, so I can not delete it, I do not see it anywhere
raugert  
#806 Posted : Wednesday, January 26, 2022 9:48:42 AM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

@Joeboe

There must be another button that used that icon as well ? Rather than go back and forth on this thread, can you email me your current template and the name of the "Icon file" that you removed. I'll see if I can find out what is going on. We might have to do this over a few emails..

thanks,
Richard
Joeboe  
#807 Posted : Wednesday, January 26, 2022 10:31:42 AM(UTC)
Joeboe

ok, I can send the template, but that file is no longer on my PC....
raugert  
#808 Posted : Friday, February 4, 2022 1:44:26 PM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

UPDATE: version 4.0.40

https://cli.re/vMix-Panel-Builder-4.0.40

- added option to change the color of Fader buttons
- vMix IP Name is now displayed in the template's title bar if it is include in IP List
- fixed an issue when using separate mono channels in faders was not responding correctly
- fixed fader "SetHeadphonesVolume" was not responding correctly
- added option to "Tally Multiview layers" when in Program (select in preferences)
- fixed an issue where timers on hidden pages not responding
- fixed ScriptStartDynamic to work in Up button
thanks 2 users thanked raugert for this useful post.
Joeboe on 2/4/2022(UTC), nikosman88 on 2/10/2022(UTC)
Joeboe  
#809 Posted : Friday, February 4, 2022 8:57:45 PM(UTC)
Joeboe

Thanks for the update....the ability to change the colour on the faders is a plus (+) for me....

Any update to the iPad app .....I find it takes forever to load on my ipad
raugert  
#810 Posted : Saturday, February 5, 2022 1:39:39 AM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

@ Joeboe

I am working on the iPad app. It is becoming increasingly difficult to have a responsive iPad app as I add features to the Panel Builder. iPads (especially older ones) do not have the CPU power of computers and don't respond as well..

I may soon submit a Beta version on TestFlight for those who wish to test an unreleased version..
Joeboe  
#811 Posted : Saturday, February 5, 2022 2:36:37 AM(UTC)
Joeboe

ok....I do not have an android tablet, but I was told that they respond better than the ipads,...is that so?...My ipad isn't very modern, and I just hate it....right now all I use it for is as a teleprompter....anything else is as slow as a tortoise
pm  
#812 Posted : Wednesday, February 9, 2022 5:04:58 AM(UTC)
pm

Was thanked: 32 time(s) in 27 post(s)
Hi

I just started using vMix Panel Builder and I like it so far.

My panel is operated from an older android tablet (huawei m3 from 2017, by wifi). What I notice is that I often have to press a button multiple times until the command is sent (out of 10 button presses, 4 only react the second or third time). It doesn't matter if it's a button with or without a tally feedback. And the fader movements are choppy as well.

My panel is pretty simple: 9 faders with disabled vu's and 9 buttons for audio on/off.

What are the experiences of long-term users of vMix Panel Builder together with android tablets? Could it be that my tablet is simply to slow for that?

Before I get a new tablet, I want to be sure it runs better.

Thank you for your feedbacks!

Best,
Patrick
raugert  
#813 Posted : Thursday, February 10, 2022 1:53:14 AM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

Your tablet may not have the performance of newer tablets, but if you have to press the button often then it might be a network issue. If you have a choice of 2G or 5G wifi, try connecting to each one and see if that helps.
Eduardo Campon  
#814 Posted : Friday, February 11, 2022 10:05:35 PM(UTC)
Eduardo Campon

Spain

Hi, I cant connect VMix Panel Builder from the Ipad to the software.
I have followed all the instructions and setted all the IPs but the Ipad cant see the host.
Is normal that Host Ip is the same that vmix IP? cause the software ask me for the same IP.

Thank You!
raugert  
#815 Posted : Friday, February 11, 2022 11:59:25 PM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

The Host IP is the IP address of the computer running the vMix Panel Builder Desktop software. If it is running on the same computer as vMix then it will be the same IP address as vMix. It uses a different port to sync the files to the iPad.

When you run the Panel Builder software on the Desktop/Laptop then choose File>Sync to Tablet in the dropdown menu, it will give you an IP to enter in the Host IP field on the iPad. This address is not always correct if syncing from a PC computer. If you are having problems then double check your IP by opening the Command Prompt and typing in ipconfig.

Also make sure your iPad is connected to the same network as the computer running the Panel Builder.
pm  
#816 Posted : Tuesday, February 15, 2022 6:46:25 PM(UTC)
pm

Originally Posted by: raugert Go to Quoted Post
Your tablet may not have the performance of newer tablets, but if you have to press the button often then it might be a network issue. If you have a choice of 2G or 5G wifi, try connecting to each one and see if that helps.

Thank you for giving me some ideas for further tests. But changing 2g or 5g wifi didn't help.

In the meantime I also had the opportunity to do tests on different tablets. But it's the same behaviour.

If I change a status in vmix, the feedback is always there immediately. For me that means the panel builder polling is working as expected.

To nail down the android button behaviour in panel builder I installed a packet capture application on the android tablet to analyze the network traffic. And it really happens that when the button is pressed (button turns blue) no command is sent to vmix.

Maybe a conflict with the polling? Other experiences of android users?
raugert  
#817 Posted : Thursday, February 17, 2022 12:51:21 AM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

Originally Posted by: pm Go to Quoted Post
To nail down the android button behaviour in panel builder I installed a packet capture application on the android tablet to analyze the network traffic. And it really happens that when the button is pressed (button turns blue) no command is sent to vmix.

That's very unusual. If the polling is working then there should be no issue with sending commands. Have you tried making a simple panel with a few buttons to see if it works ?

Sorry, I'm at a bit of a loss..
phuonger  
#818 Posted : Thursday, February 17, 2022 3:20:20 AM(UTC)
phuonger

United States

We have an issue with the latest update, which was also apparent in 4.0.38 also.

the panel builder app doesn't close when clicking the X or using File menu and Quit.

We get the confirmation dialog and when pressing the 'YES' button, nothing happens.

Have tried running as administrator and restarted system after installing.

We're running this on Server 2019 in an AWS EC2 instance.
pm  
#819 Posted : Friday, February 18, 2022 6:11:29 AM(UTC)
pm

Originally Posted by: raugert Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: pm Go to Quoted Post

That's very unusual. If the polling is working then there should be no issue with sending commands. Have you tried making a simple panel with a few buttons to see if it works ?

Sorry, I'm at a bit of a loss..

I'm lost too... :-( Yes, my test panel has only one button to control the "audio" button of an input.

It looks like I have to stay with TouchOSC, which is working but lacks of some features like the information about list content, title content, ...
raugert  
#820 Posted : Friday, February 18, 2022 7:58:06 AM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

Originally Posted by: phuonger Go to Quoted Post
We have an issue with the latest update, which was also apparent in 4.0.38 also.

the panel builder app doesn't close when clicking the X or using File menu and Quit.

We get the confirmation dialog and when pressing the 'YES' button, nothing happens.

Have tried running as administrator and restarted system after installing.

We're running this on Server 2019 in an AWS EC2 instance.

Sorry, I don't have any means of checking your issue on AWS. Was this also an issue on version 4.0.29 or did it just pop up in 4.0.38 ?

Please email me at info@studio793.ca. I'm not an expert on AWS servers by any means, but I'll try something then send you a link to a test version for you to try..

thanks,
Richard