logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

48 Pages«<3839404142>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
JW  
#781 Posted : Monday, December 20, 2021 1:41:20 AM(UTC)
JW

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
I've found a few (possible) bugs in V4.0.35:
When I stop and start vMix PB doesn't reconnect automatically. (I use both on the same PC (127.0.0.1 port 8088))
The low cpu option is sometimes unchecked spontaneously, this morning PB was using more than 50% CPU, (3x what vMix uses) I've never seen that before on my i7 PC.

Question: is it possible to send 2 commands with one button?
raugert  
#782 Posted : Monday, December 20, 2021 2:59:56 AM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

Was thanked: 309 time(s) in 176 post(s)
Thanks for the update JW. I'll look into this..

Yes, you can send 2 commands in the same button. Enter one command in the button "Dn" and the other in the button "Up"

Richard
thanks 1 user thanked raugert for this useful post.
JW on 12/20/2021(UTC)
JW  
#783 Posted : Wednesday, December 22, 2021 12:38:43 AM(UTC)
JW

The up function is unfortunately not working with my touchscreen.
With the mouse it is working, but sometimes the up function doesn't work when clicking a second time.
(I am using the 2 commands for turning on and off 2 overlays)
raugert  
#784 Posted : Wednesday, December 22, 2021 1:59:24 AM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

@JW

Can you send me your template at info@studio793.ca. I'll have a look at it and see if there is something related to the commands that may be causing your issue.

thanks,
Richard
raugert  
#785 Posted : Saturday, December 25, 2021 4:51:28 AM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

UPDATE: Version 4.0.38

https://cli.re/vMix-Panel-Builder-4.0.38

- added option in preferences to shows Tally Color when selecting a button while editing
- fixed bug when selecting "text to Button info" not responding correctly
- fixed bug when using Input number in Faders not responding
- fixed bug when hiliting lines in a Videolist not showing proper colors
- fixed bug where PB would not automatically reconnect when vMix is launched
- fixed bug where appended objects were not staying hilighted when appended
- tally color selection is now reflected in button when hilited while editing
- improved tally response
- improved loading time of templates
- improved response when opening InfoBox
- added "name" field to IP list
thanks 3 users thanked raugert for this useful post.
Joeboe on 12/25/2021(UTC), JW on 12/25/2021(UTC), chasseb on 1/21/2022(UTC)
Joeboe  
#786 Posted : Saturday, December 25, 2021 7:31:43 AM(UTC)
Joeboe

Was thanked: 32 time(s) in 31 post(s)
Thanks for the updates.....but just a little thing....your mailbox is full, and I can not send you PMs.....lol....

Also , can we have an option of square or rounded corners for labels, as sometimes I need a sharp corner rather than rounded..
Chumbaz  
#787 Posted : Thursday, December 30, 2021 3:21:02 AM(UTC)
Chumbaz

Italy

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Ciao

I have a problem with scripts
can't have it working in any way
tested on different PC's, all updated last vmix/windows/vMixPB release

PB works, but' i can't launch any script and i simply don't understand
the PDF guide too is not anymore downloadable and looking at the very simple youtube guide can't find a solution
i have here a small test video too:

if someone could help, very appreciated
ciao and thank you
JW  
#788 Posted : Thursday, December 30, 2021 3:37:27 AM(UTC)
JW

I had the same problem with Dynamic scripts:

Richard gave me this advice:

Please note that as of vMix version 24.0.0.60 the TCP and Web API are now locked down by default with some enhanced security measures.
This essentially blocks the "StartScriptDynamic" command. However, you can choose to disable the "Enhanced Security" option in the vMix Web settings.
This should allow the Dynamic scripts to run.
Chumbaz  
#789 Posted : Thursday, December 30, 2021 3:59:37 AM(UTC)
Chumbaz

Italy

Originally Posted by: JW Go to Quoted Post
I had the same problem with Dynamic scripts:

Richard gave me this advice:

Please note that as of vMix version 24.0.0.60 the TCP and Web API are now locked down by default with some enhanced security measures.
This essentially blocks the "StartScriptDynamic" command. However, you can choose to disable the "Enhanced Security" option in the vMix Web settings.
This should allow the Dynamic scripts to run.

YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!
thank you so very much
Chumbaz  
#790 Posted : Thursday, December 30, 2021 4:11:12 AM(UTC)
Chumbaz

Italy

Does someone know if it possible to change the colour of a button within a script?
raugert  
#791 Posted : Friday, December 31, 2021 2:19:50 AM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

The button that sends the "script" command cannot change colour. The app uses the API XML to change button colours dynamically. Currently, here is no information provided in the API XML to indicate a running script.
nilknarf78  
#792 Posted : Wednesday, January 12, 2022 9:26:51 AM(UTC)
nilknarf78

United States

I've noticed a couple issues in version 38:

1. The timers no longer appear to work. Discovered this the hard way. Not sure what changed.
2. The fader assigned to the headphone volume no longer stays put when you move it.
3. When editing with the tally color option enabled, some buttons don't have the correct color after exiting edit mode.

I noticed them in 35, but didn't have time to write up something then. Version 29 does not have these issues.

Thanks!
raugert  
#793 Posted : Friday, January 14, 2022 2:24:43 PM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

@nilknarf78

Thanks for the report.

1. The timers no longer appear to work. Discovered this the hard way. Not sure what changed.
(Sorry I can't replicate the issue. The timers seem to work ok here. Check for correct format in field eg: 9:14:00 pm )

2. The fader assigned to the headphone volume no longer stays put when you move it.
( I can confirm this. I'll fix it in the next update.)

3. When editing with the tally color option enabled, some buttons don't have the correct color after exiting edit mode.
( A feature was added in the preferences to "Show button tally when editing". This will show the "tally" color of the selected button, rather than the "button" color. You can turn this off in the preferences if you like.)

Richard
nilknarf78  
#794 Posted : Saturday, January 15, 2022 7:36:30 AM(UTC)
nilknarf78

United States

I'm pretty sure nothing changed with our timers, as they previously worked and we don't mess with them. But, I'll double-check when I'm there tomorrow. Worst case, I stay on the older version until we figure out why our 4 timers suddenly stopped working.

With regards to the color, it's the 'tally when editing' feature that is what it seems linked to. I don't have the system in front of me right now, but I want to say it was the timer buttons where I noticed the issue. My timers all trigger a script. So, it could be the lack of any tally that's causing the issue I'm seeing. I haven't had to mess with much else since the new versions came out, so I'll try to confirm where I'm seeing the issue and what steps I did to reproduce it this weekend.

Thanks!
raugert  
#795 Posted : Saturday, January 15, 2022 7:41:27 PM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

@nilknarf78

Something just came to mind.. In an effort to improve Tally, Fader and VU response when using large templates (especially with multiple pages), I made some changes to the way objects are scanned. As of v35, only the objects on the "active page" are scanned to reflect the appropriate Tally, VU, Fader levels etc. If a timer was on a button in an "inactive" or hidden page, then it would no longer trigger (which may be the case in your situation). This was an oversight on my part which I will correct in the next update. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Richard
Grom  
#796 Posted : Wednesday, January 19, 2022 4:41:45 PM(UTC)
Grom

Man
Poland

Originally Posted by: Chumbaz Go to Quoted Post
Does someone know if it possible to change the colour of a button within a script?

Greetings. I ran into a similar issue not too long ago. For a particular case, I found the following solution. When it is necessary to execute a dynamic script, I hang it on the "up" of the button. And on "down" I cling the command "PreviewInput". This allows you to "highlight" the button press. True, this does not directly guarantee the execution of the script itself. But psychologically I feel better).
nilknarf78  
#797 Posted : Thursday, January 20, 2022 7:27:15 AM(UTC)
nilknarf78

United States

Originally Posted by: raugert Go to Quoted Post

Something just came to mind.. In an effort to improve Tally, Fader and VU response when using large templates (especially with multiple pages), I made some changes to the way objects are scanned. As of v35, only the objects on the "active page" are scanned to reflect the appropriate Tally, VU, Fader levels etc. If a timer was on a button in an "inactive" or hidden page, then it would no longer trigger (which may be the case in your situation). This was an oversight on my part which I will correct in the next update. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Richard

That sounds like what the issue could be. Our timers are all on a page we reserved for functions we don't want to accidentally trigger, but for which we need a functional button for overrides. That page is rarely the active page outside of when we test our setup ahead of an event.
Joeboe  
#798 Posted : Friday, January 21, 2022 4:03:49 PM(UTC)
Joeboe

I have an issue with Panel Builder not working correctly on my iPad......I see all the icons, but only as squares, no details, and my template does not fill the screen....Next, I can not get it to lock to my pc...the RED icon stays red, and nothing works....I tried to download from the app store, but it seems hat I have the latest....or do I....need help...
I believe that a direct link..(usb, ethernet cable with a gigabit hub) would be much better, as sometimes I find that WIFI can be very unstable.....

Any thoughts?
raugert  
#799 Posted : Saturday, January 22, 2022 12:59:40 AM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

Hi Joeboe,

Does this only happen on one of your recent templates or does it work OK with an older template ? It sounds like you might have a corrupt User Icon file that is preventing the proper loading, but it's hard to tell without seeing your template. Can you send me your .vmpbx file to info@studio793.ca along with some of the icons. The app hasn't been updated on the App store for quite some time so you probably would have had the latest version.

You can use a lighting to ethernet adapter if you you don't have a good wifi network. It should work OK with the vMix Panel app.
Joeboe  
#800 Posted : Saturday, January 22, 2022 10:15:36 PM(UTC)
Joeboe

Thanks.......

Is there a way to save PC templates as iOS templates, or do I have to always create them seperately

Or, can copy and paste be added to make life easier...