logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
swsslp  
#1 Posted : Friday, December 13, 2013 10:25:09 PM(UTC)
swsslp

Groups: Registered

Has anyone tried this HDMI Capture card and if so, does it work with VMIX?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/...&hash=item3f2d163ac6

Thanks,
Steve
Charssay  
#2 Posted : Monday, December 16, 2013 1:55:21 AM(UTC)
Charssay

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 18 post(s)
hello,
Why Not buy something you know it will surely works, and the price is better, depending of the dealer could be the same, http://www.amazon.com/Bl...ofessional/dp/B003WSQTWU ; than something you have doubt even that I think could work, and not so complete ?
Rgds

Charles
Brian Hazelden  
#3 Posted : Monday, December 16, 2013 6:43:52 AM(UTC)
Brian Hazelden

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
The BM Intensity Shuttle only works with a few USB3 chipsets. I've had no problems with Renasas but could only get one to work despite having 2 separate USB3 ports.
There are a lot of unhappy shuttle owners, apparently they don't even make very good paper-weights.
r@wisla  
#4 Posted : Monday, December 16, 2013 9:20:14 AM(UTC)
r@wisla

Man

Was thanked: 40 time(s) in 37 post(s)
Brian Hazelden wrote:
I've had no problems with Renasas but could only get one to work despite having 2 separate USB3 ports.

Were you able to use simultaneously any other pair of usb3 capture devices in HD?
2 USB3 ports usually are handled by one usb3 controller. Both ports share one usb3 bandwidth. That's the reason...

I agree there are many bmd shuttle dissapointed users.
Brian Hazelden  
#5 Posted : Monday, December 16, 2013 1:09:37 PM(UTC)
Brian Hazelden

>>>>> Were you able to use simultaneously any other pair of usb3 capture devices in HD? <<<<<<

I didn't try any other USB3 devices. I already had 5 BMD Intensity Pro PCI cards installed and wanted to see how many HD inputs would be possible.
The answer was 6, although I did add a 7th via FireWire although I never used it on gigs.
swsslp  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, December 17, 2013 11:54:43 PM(UTC)
swsslp

Charssay wrote:
hello,
Why Not buy something you know it will surely works, and the price is better, depending of the dealer could be the same, http://www.amazon.com/Bl...ofessional/dp/B003WSQTWU ; than something you have doubt even that I think could work, and not so complete ?
Rgds

Charles

Black Magic is junk, tried it. Have top of the line latest i7, but not the correct chip for their product.
Brian Hazelden  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, December 18, 2013 6:14:38 AM(UTC)
Brian Hazelden

This could be a good place to continue your quest http://www.vmix.com.au/supported-hardware.aspx
vidkid  
#8 Posted : Thursday, December 19, 2013 1:19:43 AM(UTC)
vidkid

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Black Magic is junk, tried it. Have top of the line latest i7, but not the correct chip for their product.

Ha,ha. I was really tempted to get some BM cards,but it seems like they are just too hit or miss. I have seen comparison captures and I really like the quality of the Intensity Pro,but man it seems like I have heard more complaints about BMD compatibility than with any other brand. I pesronally opted for 2 AverTv HD DVR cards. I only have one installed now,but I just built a new system TODAY and I will have the other card tomorrow and then I can try using them both. I don't think I should have a problem.

Anyhow,it just seems so strange that a "professional" group like BMD would have so many people complaining. But I think they are mostly geared to MAC users,which is okay. To each their own.

Okay,I'll shut up now.

vidkid
amsudeen  
#9 Posted : Thursday, December 19, 2013 11:23:25 AM(UTC)
amsudeen

Man

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 6 post(s)
swsslp wrote:
Charssay wrote:
hello,
Rgds

Charles

Black magic is good capture card sdi input or hdmi input. i use two system with black magic cards more then year.

the same time, black magic support ASUS MOTHER BOARD only. and nvidia best graphics card. examble asus p8-h77 vle and asus Z-87 pro.

thanku
HWL1223  
#10 Posted : Thursday, May 15, 2014 2:19:33 PM(UTC)
HWL1223

Man

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
vidkid wrote:

I have laptops that their user(groups) says work that I cannot get to work with my Shuttle USB3. Go figure. Identical specs...

So I don't/can't use laptops in the field for digital ingest. (there are other brand products I have read of here on the forum that some are using but they are not available in the US).
Speegs  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, May 28, 2014 5:11:54 PM(UTC)
Speegs

Was thanked: 76 time(s) in 58 post(s)
Hello,

In my experience BM is not junk, but can require a lot of tweaking. Magewell is however easier to use at least their USB 3 capture device is and really just works right away without fussing much over frame rates and resolutions etc.. It's pretty much an inbuilt scaler in the capture device and works like a webcam.

Suggest a fast computer if capturing via usb 3. 4th generation i5 or i7 tends to be a good choice.

Regards,

Leigh