logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
chrisc300  
#1 Posted : Friday, October 17, 2014 7:26:53 PM(UTC)
chrisc300

Groups: Registered

I am currently using Vmix at my church with two SD cameras connected to vMix with Hauppauge WinTV capture cards (S-Video). We are looking at upgrading the cameras and making the switch to HD. We are running vMix on a Dell XPS 8500 with a Core i7-3770 CPU.

We will probably purchase a prosumer grade HD Camcorder and use the HDMI out from the cameras to bring into the PC. I am looking for capture card suggestions. The WinTV cards are currently using PCIex1 connectors on the board.
Jackster  
#2 Posted : Friday, October 17, 2014 11:50:07 PM(UTC)
Jackster

Man

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
BlackMagin DeckLink recorders?

They are fiddly as hell but once you get them working they are great.
Charssay  
#3 Posted : Saturday, October 18, 2014 5:30:49 AM(UTC)
Charssay

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 18 post(s)
Hello

Be carefull if your are not changing your Unit
Using the blackmagic can be painful the first time.

How many PCI Ex 1X have your unit ? If I have not mistake, the dell must be have 3 PCIe -1x

If you want to use prosummer camera, get two Avermedia H727, it will cost you only 200 USD max for both, if I have not mistaken. Even if it's and old card, not two old, It will give you a low cost upgrading with a well good performmace.

And, with these card, you win 4 video input for both. 1 HDMi and 1 SD for each. If your actual SD camera are great quality over s-Video, the SD input will be not too different to the HD input if your church have great inside light, then you can use 4 camera : 2 HD and 2 SD ...(You Win .....)

Then, after, if you want to change your Unit one day, go for a Magewell

If you do not intend to use your SD camera, you can go to the High Quality XI100XE of Magewell, You will have for sure a great hardware. He can give you HD and SD input but I do not know if both work in the same time as the H727 of Avermedia.

Rgds

C.

chrisc300 wrote:
I am currently using Vmix at my church with two SD cameras connected to vMix with Hauppauge WinTV capture cards (S-Video). We are looking at upgrading the cameras and making the switch to HD. We are running vMix on a Dell XPS 8500 with a Core i7-3770 CPU.

We will probably purchase a prosumer grade HD Camcorder and use the HDMI out from the cameras to bring into the PC. I am looking for capture card suggestions. The WinTV cards are currently using PCIex1 connectors on the board.

ask  
#4 Posted : Saturday, October 18, 2014 6:45:28 PM(UTC)
ask

Australia

Was thanked: 199 time(s) in 181 post(s)
BlackMagic does not support Dell hardware. You are better going for the aVerMedia C129 cards than the H272, You also can use the Magewell or a Yuan SC150

The XPS only gives you two free PCI slots. I use two of the C129s in mine without issue.
chrisc300  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, October 22, 2014 5:23:44 PM(UTC)
chrisc300

Thank you all for the suggestions. I will probably go with the AverMedia C727. Looking at the product picture on NewEgg (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA24G15V2447&cm_re=Avermedia-_-15-100-163-_-Product), it looks like each card has two HDMI ports. Does that mean I could run two separate HDMI signals per card? I plan on purchasing two of these cards.

Also, the supported hardware page on the vMix site lists the C729, not the C727, as supported. Will this particular model I'm looking at on Newegg be comparable with vMix?
mzproduction  
#6 Posted : Thursday, October 23, 2014 9:01:50 AM(UTC)
mzproduction

ask wrote:
BlackMagic does not support Dell hardware. You are better going for the aVerMedia C129 cards than the H272, You also can use the Magewell or a Yuan SC150

The XPS only gives you two free PCI slots. I use two of the C129s in mine without issue.

Good morning , i'm in process of buy a blackmagicdesign decklink mini record to install it on a DELL optiplex 9010 (NOT SFF and NOT an AIO pc) with windows 7 32 bit but i came across this post searching for info on vmix.
why you wrote the blackmangic doesn't support DELL hardware ?
Please let me know.

Charssay  
#7 Posted : Thursday, October 23, 2014 11:46:02 AM(UTC)
Charssay

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 18 post(s)
The C727 is an enhancement of the H727, same product at the difference there is no tuner on the C727

You are with it One HDMI input and One Analog Input, working at the same time

The C729 is like the C727, it will cost you too much for nothing

The C129 is able to capture four input at the same time 2 x hdmi and 2x SD

You then have the choice by the cost. all these product are stable on Vmix

C129 : 625 USD, you will need one for Two Camera
C729 : 335 USD, you will need two for Two Camera
C727 : 215 USD, you will need two for Two Camera
H727 : 100 USD, you will need two for Two Camera

The H727 being old, take the C727

Rgds

Charssay

chrisc300 wrote:
Thank you all for the suggestions. I will probably go with the AverMedia C727. Looking at the product picture on NewEgg (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA24G15V2447&cm_re=Avermedia-_-15-100-163-_-Product), it looks like each card has two HDMI ports. Does that mean I could run two separate HDMI signals per card? I plan on purchasing two of these cards.

Also, the supported hardware page on the vMix site lists the C729, not the C727, as supported. Will this particular model I'm looking at on Newegg be comparable with vMix?

chrisc300  
#8 Posted : Thursday, October 23, 2014 12:57:55 PM(UTC)
chrisc300

Charssay wrote:
The C727 is an enhancement of the H727, same product at the difference there is no tuner on the C727

You are with it One HDMI input and One Analog Input, working at the same time

The C729 is like the C727, it will cost you too much for nothing

The C129 is able to capture four input at the same time 2 x hdmi and 2x SD

You then have the choice by the cost. all these product are stable on Vmix

C129 : 625 USD, you will need one for Two Camera
C729 : 335 USD, you will need two for Two Camera
C727 : 215 USD, you will need two for Two Camera
H727 : 100 USD, you will need two for Two Camera

The H727 being old, take the C727

Rgds

Charssay

chrisc300 wrote:

Thanks for the detailed information. I have two cameras, so I went ahead and purchased 2 C727s.
PFBM  
#9 Posted : Thursday, October 23, 2014 6:47:10 PM(UTC)
PFBM

Man

Was thanked: 35 time(s) in 30 post(s)
At our Church we use this card:

http://www.magewell.com/...mi_features.html?lang=en

it can handle 80 meter HDMI cables without problems !! ( 40 meter x2 )

has hardware processing:

Video Processing

Color Space Switch

De-interlacing Vertical filter de-interlacing; motion-adaptive de-interlacing
Image Scale Hardware 5-Tap scale
Image Mirror Horizontal; vertical
Image Clip Yes

Image Adjustment Brightness/contrast/hue adjustment/
saturation adjustment/control of monochrome and color/

Gamma adjustment

separately adjust the brightness and contrast of R/G/B
chrisc300  
#10 Posted : Monday, October 27, 2014 2:35:30 PM(UTC)
chrisc300

The new C729 capture cards came in today. Initial testing looks good with SD input on our current Canon GL2 cameras. In the next month or so, we are planning on purchasing new cameras. I am looking at the Canon Vixia HF G30. Has anyone used these with a similar setup (taking the HDMI out from these cameras into vMix)? I tested the HD input with a consumer canon camera I personally own and I cannot remove the camera's on screen display and I want to make sure I don't run into this or another issue when I get ready to spend 1300 a piece for new cameras.
ask  
#11 Posted : Monday, October 27, 2014 3:16:46 PM(UTC)
ask

Australia

Was thanked: 199 time(s) in 181 post(s)
Chris, the Canons work fine on those cards. To get rid of the onscreen display you need to check the manual for the camera. The correct setting is not hard to find. Also with the Canon Vixias you need to turn off demo mode.
DYosua  
#12 Posted : Monday, October 27, 2014 3:18:49 PM(UTC)
DYosua

Man
United States

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 12 post(s)
I haven't used that particular model, but I use two Canon HV 20 cameras and a refurbished Canon VIXIA HF R40 for recording/streaming my church's services, and we have not had any problems running them through HDMI. I think that they pass through the onscreen display by default, but there are ways of disabling that through the menus.
Speegs  
#13 Posted : Tuesday, October 28, 2014 12:03:28 AM(UTC)
Speegs

Was thanked: 76 time(s) in 58 post(s)
I have some capture gear from AverMedia, BM and Magewell.

I think Magewell is the best, the inbuilt scaling doesn't sound like a huge feature, but when you buy many different cameras, Computer Screens, Action Cams etc.. Magewell just works as advertised and I'm yet to find any exceptions.

GoPros seem to work straight away with Magewell gear. I gave up getting GoPros and BM equipment working together. It's possible apparently, but has proved to be elusive.

My advice, Avermedia is good value and works well. Black Magic has given me plenty of headaches.

I don't work for any of the capture companies, these opinions are my own based on my experiences. I have not tried every capture device on the market. I've read some good things about other brands.