logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

48 Pages«<3536373839>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Giox90  
#721 Posted : Wednesday, June 23, 2021 12:17:15 AM(UTC)
Giox90

Groups: Registered
Italy

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Joeboe Go to Quoted Post
I don't see why they should not work, but try this.....Open Panel Builder, and the buttons that do not work , try doing this....Click on 'EDIT', select those buttons that are not working, right click on each, and select 'Bring to front',( make sure that the 'Button" is selected, and not anything that is near,) save, and then try them....I made a few errors like that before, maybe the same thing is happening with you.

Hi , thank you for the replay unfortunately it doesnt work :\
Giox90  
#722 Posted : Wednesday, June 23, 2021 12:39:08 AM(UTC)
Giox90

Italy

Here's an update , after downgrading the vmix software to v23 , all the scripts are working fine!
Joeboe  
#723 Posted : Wednesday, June 23, 2021 1:16:05 AM(UTC)
Joeboe

Was thanked: 32 time(s) in 31 post(s)
all mine are working fine in both 23 and 24.....you may have to re-set your buttons in 24 , I had to do that to some a few times....as sometimes all the icon buttons do not seem to register properly.....
Giox90  
#724 Posted : Wednesday, June 23, 2021 1:27:07 AM(UTC)
Giox90

Italy

all mine are working fine in both 23 and 24.....you may have to re-set your buttons in 24 , I had to do that to some a few times....as sometimes all the icon buttons do not seem to register properly.....

I've done that , even recreating them from begging but with no success, on v23 they work but on v24 they don't
Joeboe  
#725 Posted : Wednesday, June 23, 2021 2:17:04 AM(UTC)
Joeboe

Was thanked: 32 time(s) in 31 post(s)
I can only ask you to redownload vmix 24 from vmix.com, and reinstall....I find that vmix updates run very well, I never had to uninstall the previous version, and I get no issues....but, you can try uninsatlling everything vmix, delete the folder in Application data folder, and any backup vmix files etc., and then install the ver.24, and see what see what happens ...
Giox90  
#726 Posted : Wednesday, June 23, 2021 2:57:37 AM(UTC)
Giox90

Italy

I can only ask you to redownload vmix 24 from vmix.com, and reinstall....I find that vmix updates run very well, I never had to uninstall the previous version, and I get no issues....but, you can try uninsatlling everything vmix, delete the folder in Application data folder, and any backup vmix files etc., and then install the ver.24, and see what see what happens ...

I will try that as soon as i can , i will keep you update

Thanks for the support
thanks 1 user thanked Giox90 for this useful post.
Joeboe on 6/23/2021(UTC)
Giox90  
#727 Posted : Wednesday, June 23, 2021 3:51:38 AM(UTC)
Giox90

Italy

Vmix support confirmed me that they have blocked outside code running in vmix and to create the script inside vmix and make it run from the panel , unfortunately i dont know how to run a inside script with just one button in the panel, do you guys know how to do that?

Thanks in advice
raugert  
#728 Posted : Wednesday, June 23, 2021 3:52:23 AM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

Was thanked: 309 time(s) in 176 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Giox90 Go to Quoted Post
Hello I've encountered an issue on vmix panel builder

i've vmix with PRO license and update to the v24

I've wrote some scripts within the builder with scriptstartdymanic command but in the vmix nothing is happening.
I've tested the script within the vmix app ( scripts tab ) and they work easly.
I've tested manually the script with separating button each task and they work, so i guess there's a problem with the script execution from the builder/app and vmix, it could be the new version of vmix?

Does anyone experienced this?

PS: the builder panel is correctly connected to vmix no firewall rules between them.

Regards

There appears to be a problem with the ScriptStartDynamic since vMix update 24.0.60. I will contact Martin at vMix to see what needs to be done.

regards,
Richard
thanks 1 user thanked raugert for this useful post.
Joeboe on 6/23/2021(UTC)
MCPLive  
#729 Posted : Wednesday, June 23, 2021 5:06:12 AM(UTC)
MCPLive

United States

My scripts have also stopped working. I can build a dynamic script with only one command like cut direct and it will not work. Change it to a button that does a cut direct directly and it works fine.
Giox90  
#730 Posted : Wednesday, June 23, 2021 7:48:16 PM(UTC)
Giox90

Italy

Originally Posted by: raugert Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Giox90 Go to Quoted Post
Hello I've encountered an issue on vmix panel builder

i've vmix with PRO license and update to the v24

I've wrote some scripts within the builder with scriptstartdymanic command but in the vmix nothing is happening.
I've tested the script within the vmix app ( scripts tab ) and they work easly.
I've tested manually the script with separating button each task and they work, so i guess there's a problem with the script execution from the builder/app and vmix, it could be the new version of vmix?

Does anyone experienced this?

PS: the builder panel is correctly connected to vmix no firewall rules between them.

Regards

There appears to be a problem with the ScriptStartDynamic since vMix update 24.0.60. I will contact Martin at vMix to see what needs to be done.

regards,
Richard

Thanks richard
So any previuos version before the 24.0.0.60 should work?

raugert  
#731 Posted : Thursday, June 24, 2021 9:38:50 PM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

It still works with vMix version 24.0.56 . I can't confirm if it works with later versions..
Giox90  
#732 Posted : Thursday, June 24, 2021 9:47:25 PM(UTC)
Giox90

Italy

It still works with vMix version 24.0.56 . I can't confirm if it works with later versions..

Hi Richard

I'm working with the 24.0.0.58 and the panel works perfectly

Are you working to make the "scriptstartdynamic" compatible with next vmix updates?

Thanks for all your effort!

Regards

raugert  
#733 Posted : Friday, June 25, 2021 11:56:20 PM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

IMPORTANT NOTE FOR SCRIPT USERS:

I can confirm that vMix has removed the "ScriptStartDynamic" command from the API as of version 24.0.60 for security reasons. Consequently, that command will no longer work with external applications such as Panel Builder. Scripts can only be used within vMix itself. If you are currently using scripts in Panel Builder, you can export the script from the script builder and then import it into vMix. You can then use the "ScriptStart" command to execute the script.

regards,
Richard
diegoju  
#734 Posted : Saturday, June 26, 2021 12:26:00 AM(UTC)
diegoju

Argentina

Hi Richard, thanks for the warning!
I am using version 24.0.0.61 and I can use the buttons associated with "scriptstartdynamic" commands without any problems. In my case I only had to unselect the option "Enable enhanced security on Web and TCP API" within the Web Controller tab of the Vmix settings.

I am not sure if it is exactly what you mentioned in the previous message but anyway I wanted to share this information with you.

Thanks again.
D.

Web controller.jpg (177kb) downloaded 0 time(s).

IMPORTANT NOTE FOR SCRIPT USERS:

I can confirm that vMix has removed the "ScriptStartDynamic" command from the API as of version 24.0.60 for security reasons. Consequently, that command will no longer work with external applications such as Panel Builder. Scripts can only be used within vMix itself. If you are currently using scripts in Panel Builder, you can export the script from the script builder and then import it into vMix. You can then use the "ScriptStart" command to execute the script.

regards,
Richard

thanks 1 user thanked diegoju for this useful post.
Attabur on 7/1/2021(UTC)
raugert  
#735 Posted : Saturday, June 26, 2021 12:40:45 AM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

@diegoju

That's interesting ! Martin didn't mention that to me. That seems to indicate that enhanced security is optional. Now I'm not sure what to think...

Richard
Attabur on 7/1/2021(UTC)
camartineza81  
#736 Posted : Tuesday, June 29, 2021 4:40:30 AM(UTC)
camartineza81

Mexico

Hi, does anyone know if with this panel I would have the possibility to send CURL commands to other applications?
I would like to be able to control my Overlays and select the input in Vmix at the same time.
Thanks in advance.
raugert  
#737 Posted : Tuesday, June 29, 2021 10:48:46 PM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

Originally Posted by: camartineza81 Go to Quoted Post
Hi, does anyone know if with this panel I would have the possibility to send CURL commands to other applications?
I would like to be able to control my Overlays and select the input in Vmix at the same time.
Thanks in advance.

Yes you might be able to send cURL commands depending on the app you are controlling. You would choose "Launch Ext Pgm" as a command in the button. It will open up a file selector window which you would select "cancel". You can then manually enter a value in the button. Then select "URL" in the file type pulldown.

cheers,
Richard
camartineza81 on 6/30/2021(UTC)
camartineza81  
#738 Posted : Wednesday, June 30, 2021 2:54:07 AM(UTC)
camartineza81

Mexico

Originally Posted by: camartineza81 Go to Quoted Post
Thanks in advance.

Yes you might be able to send cURL commands depending on the app you are controlling. You would choose "Launch Ext Pgm" as a command in the button. It will open up a file selector window which you would select "cancel". You can then manually enter a value in the button. Then select "URL" in the file type pulldown.

cheers,
Richard

Thank you so much Richard, it worked perfectly, the only detail is that it worked for me with the Program option and not the URL to send the Curl.
Best,
Carlos

Attabur  
#739 Posted : Thursday, July 1, 2021 7:20:16 PM(UTC)
Attabur

Australia

@diegoju

That's interesting ! Martin didn't mention that to me. That seems to indicate that enhanced security is optional. Now I'm not sure what to think...

Richard

Hi Richard,

First of all many many thanks to you for building the Panel Builder. It is getting better day by day with your awesome development. Once again A BIG THANK YOU.

Thanks to diegoju for mentioning security on Web and TCP API

Recently I have started using panel builder. And since then found the Script did not work for me. And from diegoju's comment I have figured out why my script did not work. Because I was on 24.60..then 24.61 and then 24.62 and my script testing started in those versions. Hence my newly built script did not work. I have followed diegoju's comment - " unselect the option "Enable enhanced security on Web and TCP API" and it actually WORKED. And progress far with different testing on scripts builder.

The HELP I need is: I am trying to apply script on Virtual studio (ref. image attached) position. Normal button is working fine for zoom and 4 positions for the virtual studio. But same settings I have applied via scripts. And as test tried different combinations...... but the position/zoom is not working. Script will run, all input, actions will be performed as normal, but the virtual studio position will not run. Example - I have started the Intro video, music, and then the virtual set, then asking the script to select close up position to zoom - this is not working. Basically after certain video and music... slowly the camera input will zoom in and make the talent/object more close up.

** note - input mapping I have correct the name... vMix image is just a sample image**

I have checked the shortcuts and guide from vmix. On Keyboard, TouchPad, MIdi Pad, all working okay but not on Panel Builder Script.
Not sure if I am missing something. Perhaps Richard or someone may check the script screenshot and guide me.

Many thanks in advance!

virtual studio postion script.pdf.jpg (147kb) downloaded 39 time(s).
raugert  
#740 Posted : Friday, July 2, 2021 5:24:34 AM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

@Attabur

I think you might need to add a line before the Fade command to "Zoom" to the selected preset of the virtual Input. You would use the "Select Index" command for that. (as per page 195 of the vMix Use Guide)

Function SelectIndex
Input Studio_166_A_Wide
Value (use value of 0-3 depending on which preset you want to zoom to)

Function Fade
Input Studio_166_A_Wide (nothing in other fields)

I haven't tested this as I'm not currently at the studio, but something like that should work.

cheers,
Richard
Attabur on 7/3/2021(UTC)