logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

48 Pages«<3334353637>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Chumbaz  
#681 Posted : Thursday, April 29, 2021 9:58:59 PM(UTC)
Chumbaz

Groups: Registered
Italy

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I have looked arount but I can't understand if I could manage a vMix LIST with panel builder
In other words, I would like to build btw a list of songs inside vMix, name it "SongList" then choose with a table one of the songs and play it

do you think it could be possible?

raugert  
#682 Posted : Thursday, April 29, 2021 11:40:18 PM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

Was thanked: 309 time(s) in 176 post(s)
You can create "New Video List" object in Panel Builder. The Video List object also supports audio songlists. It can be sized to your needs. It will display the items of the Input you select. You can then create some buttons to control the list.

List Input.png (75kb) downloaded 2 time(s).
Joeboe  
#683 Posted : Friday, April 30, 2021 6:34:56 PM(UTC)
Joeboe

Was thanked: 32 time(s) in 31 post(s)
I see you have an example with 2 play lists in one ..... how can this be done, as it will surely save a lot of desktop space...I tried to do it, but with no luck
raugert  
#684 Posted : Friday, April 30, 2021 10:55:35 PM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

Hi Joeboe,

Use the "Grouping" feature to change the "Input" of all the objects within the group. When using grouping, you can change the parameters of all the objects within the same group. In this case you only want to change the "Input".

1. Assign a common group name or number to each object (Video List, Buttons, Slider) including the List buttons
2. Assign both the List1 and List2 buttons as "Cntrl" buttons.
3. Select the desired 'Input" in each of the List1 and List2 buttons. Leave other field blank.

Now, when you click the List buttons, it will change the "Input" of each object in the group.

cheers,
Richard
HypeCats  
#685 Posted : Saturday, May 1, 2021 5:17:15 AM(UTC)
HypeCats

United States

I am able to successfully remotely control vMix using this and a free DDNS server from noip.com. Fantastic tool. Thank you, Richard.

The issue I am trying to resolve is using Panel Builder with Speedify. Since Speedify changes your IP frequently, the DDNS connection doesn't work externally. I know Speedify has a dedicated server with their Teams subscription but am looking to avoid spending $1000 annually. Does anyone have any suggestions on a relatively cheap work around? I am admittedly not well versed in this but figured this much out myself at least.

Thank you.
Joeboe  
#686 Posted : Saturday, May 1, 2021 2:50:14 PM(UTC)
Joeboe

Originally Posted by: raugert Go to Quoted Post
Hi Joeboe,

Use the "Grouping" feature to change the "Input" of all the objects within the group. When using grouping, you can change the parameters of all the objects within the same group. In this case you only want to change the "Input".

1. Assign a common group name or number to each object (Video List, Buttons, Slider) including the List buttons
2. Assign both the List1 and List2 buttons as "Cntrl" buttons.
3. Select the desired 'Input" in each of the List1 and List2 buttons. Leave other field blank.

Now, when you click the List buttons, it will change the "Input" of each object in the group.

cheers,
Richard

I tried, but it does not work for me....The buttons do not maintain their functions, nor settings.....nothing is working
raugert  
#687 Posted : Saturday, May 1, 2021 3:34:41 PM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

Here's the template that uses grouping to change Inputs on Lists. You can see how to program each object and apply it to your needs.

https://www.dropbox.com/...ltiple%20Lists.vmpb?dl=0
Joeboe  
#688 Posted : Saturday, May 1, 2021 11:17:41 PM(UTC)
Joeboe

Thanks.....did not know it was so simple.....just one field to use....it is working great....BUT....yes, always a but....I tried to use it in another template with other functions, and it takes over ALL of them, what did I do wrong....I just want to add it to previous templates where there are more than one playlist, but even the inputs and other function buttons do not work after I added that to them...what am I doing wrong, or is that how it works, or is it a bug...

Joeboe.

UPDATE: All seems well now...I had to create a Template from scratch, and all is working ok...Thanks for the template, I was able to see where I was going worong...
Chumbaz  
#689 Posted : Saturday, May 1, 2021 11:43:35 PM(UTC)
Chumbaz

Italy

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: raugert Go to Quoted Post
You can create "New Video List" object in Panel Builder. The Video List object also supports audio songlists. It can be sized to your needs. It will display the items of the Input you select. You can then create some buttons to control the list.

List Input.png (75kb) downloaded 2 time(s).

GREAT OF COURSE
thank you very much
raugert  
#690 Posted : Sunday, May 2, 2021 12:23:01 AM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

Originally Posted by: Joeboe Go to Quoted Post
Thanks.....did not know it was so simple.....just one field to use....it is working great....BUT....yes, always a but....I tried to use it in another template with other functions, and it takes over ALL of them, what did I do wrong....I just want to add it to previous templates where there are more than one playlist, but even the inputs and other function buttons do not work after I added that to them...what am I doing wrong, or is that how it works, or is it a bug...

I'm not clear on what you mean by it takes over ALL of them. Do you mean your existing lists and associated buttons are being changed ? It sounds like you added those objects to the group ? If so, you don't want to do that. Otherwise they will also be changed by the group "cntrl" buttons (List1, List2). If you set up a multiple playlist group, only those objects should be part of the group.

Joeboe  
#691 Posted : Sunday, May 2, 2021 1:04:26 AM(UTC)
Joeboe

UPDATE: All seems well now...I had to create a Template from scratch, and all is working ok...Thanks for the template, I was able to see where I was going wrong... All other buttons got added to the groups, and I don't seem to be able to remove them, so I just created a new Template, and all seems well.

UPDATE: I am using the multi-player, and was also able to make multi titler as well..only drawback now is the lists buttons do not tally, so I do not know which list is in Preview, nor Active....

Thanks
HypeCats  
#692 Posted : Monday, May 10, 2021 12:39:31 PM(UTC)
HypeCats

United States

I'm sorry to post this again but trying one last try to see if anyone can help:

I am able to successfully remotely control vMix using this and a free DDNS server from noip.com. Fantastic tool. Thank you, Richard.

The issue I am trying to resolve is using Panel Builder with Speedify. Since Speedify changes your IP frequently, the DDNS connection doesn't work externally. I know Speedify has a dedicated server with their Teams subscription but am looking to avoid spending $1000 annually. Does anyone have any suggestions on a relatively cheap work around? I am admittedly not well versed in this but figured this much out myself at least. Someone mentioned creating a "tunnel" for an IPv4 but im not sure what that is or if it will even work with Speedify. Might anyone suggest another VPN bonding with port forwarding and a static IP? ( i know, i know that is a hell of an ask :( )

Thank you so much
sanbroz  
#693 Posted : Monday, May 10, 2021 1:26:49 PM(UTC)
sanbroz

India

You can connect using ZeroTier VPN free service
christos  
#694 Posted : Wednesday, May 19, 2021 10:01:13 PM(UTC)
christos

Australia

Hi Richard,
Is it possible to use a group to change the INPUT value for a script?

use group input to define input here

https://pasteboard.co/K2BRxZr.png

thanks
Chris
raugert  
#695 Posted : Thursday, May 20, 2021 5:50:01 AM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

Hi Christos,

I'm not quite clear on how/why you would want to group a "Script" command ? The group function is used to change the parameters (Command, Input, Value) of buttons within a common group. Scripted commands like "StartScriptDynamic" have multiple lines so the grouping function wouldn't know which line to apply the change to.

Can you elaborate a bit on what you are trying to accomplish. There may be another way.

Richard
christos  
#696 Posted : Thursday, May 20, 2021 10:28:59 AM(UTC)
christos

Australia

Hi Richard,

I have up to 4 vMix calls coming in to a conference. Guys will be jumping in and out throughout the day.

My concept is to have a 'RETURN SET' button for each call, which will set the input for common group of buttons which define the Video and audio returns for the selected call. I have successfully done the video as it's a command button with no script. Works perfect.

As the audio is complex, a script needs to be used.

Obviously, I could create a script for each call, but that wouldn't come close to physically fitting on the screen.

May I suggest that if a script INPUT field is blank, that the script could dynamically assume the inputas defined via the command button's group? (Hopefully I've got that terminology right!)
raugert  
#697 Posted : Friday, May 21, 2021 3:30:38 AM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

Originally Posted by: christos Go to Quoted Post
May I suggest that if a script INPUT field is blank, that the script could dynamically assume the inputas defined via the command button's group? (Hopefully I've got that terminology right!)

Some commands do not contain an Input value as such (example: BusXAudio and many other audio commands). So if the Input field was empty and then dynamically changed, it would mess up the script.

I could have a look at your template to see if there may a better way to do this. If you don't mind sending me your template at info@studio793.ca . We could also continue our conversation off line.

Richard
JW  
#698 Posted : Saturday, May 22, 2021 8:24:31 AM(UTC)
JW

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
How can I copy all the items from the first page to a second page?

I want to make slightly different pages

Copy-past objects does not work (copy ctrl-v neither)

Joeboe  
#699 Posted : Saturday, May 22, 2021 8:38:30 AM(UTC)
Joeboe

I also have the same question, as sometimes I want to make changes and keep it all in one template, but I can not copy and paste from one page to another, and have to make the changes and save with a different name, so I just add (A) or (B) to make it easier to identify...so sometimes my template folder has many templates with slightly different adjustments.....this feature would be a real asset
raugert  
#700 Posted : Wednesday, May 26, 2021 12:35:08 AM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

@JW and Joeboe

How can I copy all the items from the first page to a second page?
I want to make slightly different pages
Copy-past objects does not work (copy ctrl-v neither)

Yes, there appears to be a small issue when pasting objects from one page to another. If you click the canvas after the target page is selected, it will de-select the objects and therefor cannot paste. I will fix this in next update.

The following should work for now:

1. Select the objects you wish to copy.
2. Right-click > Copy or use ctl-c
3. Choose the page you wish to copy the objects to
4. Right-click > Paste or use ctl-v (DO NOT click on the canvas first)

cheers,
Richard
thanks 2 users thanked raugert for this useful post.
Joeboe on 5/26/2021(UTC), JW on 5/30/2021(UTC)