logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages<1234>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ledavid  
#21 Posted : Thursday, March 11, 2021 4:49:48 AM(UTC)
ledavid

Groups: Registered
Germany

Hi everyone

I probably found a bug in 24 regarding IRP too.
After an event was played the live feed of replay channel A is shown until the transition to the preview source is completed.

Precondition:
- IRP LIVE mode is active
- event was created
- "Out Transition" set to Stinger1 (Stringer1 has Duration/Frames = 50 and Stinger Cut Point = 25)

Steps to reproduce:
- play out event
- wait until event is finished
- live feed of replay channel A is shown in output (unexpected)
- transition/stinger starts
- after transition is completed the expected output is shown

I my opinion the transition starts to late when LIVE mode is active. The actual transition has to start before the event is completed.
It seems like this is working fine when LIVE mode is not active. In this case the stinger starts before the event is completed and cuts the sources at the defined stringer cut point.

Did someone else noticed such an issue?

Maybe you can have a look at it :)
Thanks a lot you're doing a great job!
Live streaming with vMix is even more fun with every new software version.
admin  
#22 Posted : Thursday, March 11, 2021 12:38:50 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4146 time(s) in 1491 post(s)
Hi Patrick,

This is actually fixing a bug in 23, when a new event is created the timeline will switch to the frames of the mark in point when the event is completed.
As it is selected in the timeline. This naturally needs to stop playing any existing events.

If you want different behaviour you will need to use the A and B separately, as replay was never designed to edit events while playing back others on the same channel.

Regards,

Martin
vMix

brax401gbz  
#23 Posted : Thursday, March 11, 2021 7:10:35 PM(UTC)
brax401gbz

Germany

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
don't know if its a bug related to the new version:

i pre-build my sets using dummy inputs with colors or color bar, the pictures show from left to right are a deactivated precroped camera input, a color precroped input and a color precroped input.
the second picture shows the middle precropped input changed to color bars. i use virtual inputs to apply the precrop to the square format.

as you can see the cropping is not done correctly using a plain color as an input, whereas the color bars are cropped just fine, all the settings in the multiview and input are the same for all the three layers shown.

3er PiP 11 Marz 2021 09-55-45.png (15kb) downloaded 5 time(s). 3er PiP 11 Marz 2021 09-57-36.png (26kb) downloaded 1 time(s).

also i would have hoped that the renamed audio buses are also renamed in the channel matrix of my inputs, otherwise this new feature wastes a lot of its usability
thanks 1 user thanked brax401gbz for this useful post.
macronate on 3/16/2021(UTC)
pm  
#24 Posted : Thursday, March 11, 2021 7:37:43 PM(UTC)
pm

Was thanked: 32 time(s) in 27 post(s)
Originally Posted by: admin Go to Quoted Post
Hi Patrick,

This is actually fixing a bug in 23, when a new event is created the timeline will switch to the frames of the mark in point when the event is completed.
As it is selected in the timeline. This naturally needs to stop playing any existing events.

If you want different behaviour you will need to use the A and B separately, as replay was never designed to edit events while playing back others on the same channel.

Regards,

Martin
vMix

Hi Martin

Thank you for your answer.

In my opinion this is a big step back in the main functionality of the replay system. I'm trying to argue this.

The most used function inside the irp is creating events. Operators not only create events if something is happening, they also create events if they think something could happen or if they are unsure what was happen. You're focused on the monitors and you have to be always ready to create an event as fast as possible, also during an already playing event. You never know how fast and what the director calls next.

With the 24 bugix regarding the "ReplayMarkInOutLive" shortcut, the 24 workflow doesn't reflect the above explanation: The operator has always to think first: Am I playing an event currently? Am I in the right channel mode? Only after this the operator can create an event. And this is not only restricted to A/B-Synced mode. Also in A and B channel, this decision has always to be felt first.

That's why I think the creation of events should never have an impact on a already playing events. And this task should be and stay as easy as possible.

And to be clear: More editing like trimming or add text tags is not necessary. In this case I agree that the operator has to switch the channel to A or B.

But I'm not only complaining :-), I also have an idea.

Why not let the shortcut "ReplayMarkInOutLive" only create the event, so no additional selection of the event and no switching to the first frame.
For selection and switching to first frame, the shortcut "ReplaySelectLastEvent" can be used.

Or better: Calling the shortcut "ReplayMarkInOutLive" checks first if an event is currently playing in the channel.
If yes, it only creates the event. If not, it creates and select the events.

Thanks for checking my idea (and hopefully to agree that the basic functions should be as easy as possible for the operators).

Best regards,
Patrick
thanks 1 user thanked pm for this useful post.
ledavid on 3/12/2021(UTC)
doggy  
#25 Posted : Thursday, March 11, 2021 8:17:42 PM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 920 time(s) in 759 post(s)
Originally Posted by: brax401gbz Go to Quoted Post

i pre-build my sets using dummy inputs with colors or color bar, the pictures show from left to right are a deactivated precroped camera input, a color precroped input and a color precroped input.
the second picture shows the middle precropped input changed to color bars. i use virtual inputs to apply the precrop to the square format.

as you can see the cropping is not done correctly using a plain color as an input, whereas the color bars are cropped just fine, all the settings in the multiview and input are the same for all the three layers shown.

Might be related to https://forums.vmix.com/...ix-24-Released#post89938 in this same thread

and Admin's answer https://forums.vmix.com/...ix-24-Released#post89954 a few posts later
brax401gbz  
#26 Posted : Thursday, March 11, 2021 8:24:28 PM(UTC)
brax401gbz

Germany

Originally Posted by: doggy Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: brax401gbz Go to Quoted Post

Might be related to https://forums.vmix.com/...ix-24-Released#post89938 in this same thread

and Admin's answer https://forums.vmix.com/...ix-24-Released#post89954 a few posts later

you are totaly right, reading this would have helped :D
rodlucas  
#27 Posted : Thursday, March 11, 2021 10:15:45 PM(UTC)
rodlucas

Man
United Kingdom

Just tried to install V24 - Every time I try to launch, I'm met with this error, persists past a reinstall, has anyone else seen this?

vMix.VMIXException: This program has been modified and will now exit. ---> System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at  .​(  ,   )
at  .()
at  .(Boolean )
at  .(Object )
at  .()
at  .(Object , UInt32 )
at  .(Boolean )
at  .(Object[] , Type[] , Type[] , Object[] )
at EC.EC..ctor_2()
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.RuntimeTypeHandle.CreateInstance(RuntimeType type, Boolean publicOnly, Boolean noCheck, Boolean& canBeCached, RuntimeMethodHandle& ctor, Boolean& bNeedSecurityCheck)
at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceSlow(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean fillCache)
at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceImpl(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks, Boolean fillCache)
at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, Boolean nonPublic)
at sx.b(Assembly a, String a)
at ezzzzza..ctor()
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at ezzzzza..ctor()
at pzzzzzr.x(frmmain a)
admin  
#28 Posted : Friday, March 12, 2021 2:40:01 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

This error would appear to indicate your installation is corrupt and missing files.
Reinstall it after making sure the computer has been freshly started, all windows updates are installed and all programs are closed.
thanks 1 user thanked admin for this useful post.
sinc747 on 3/15/2021(UTC)
ask  
#29 Posted : Friday, March 12, 2021 11:38:39 AM(UTC)
ask

Australia

Was thanked: 199 time(s) in 181 post(s)
Possible shortcut bug: If you setup a stinger1 input and drive it from the menu button behaviour is as expected. However if you setup a shortcut using the Stinger1 function and set the input, when activated it seems to run the stinger as a normal input. That is, it transitions to the stinger input, runs the animation but replaces the previewed input and displays the stinger input in program without turning itself off becoming the program output.
admin  
#30 Posted : Friday, March 12, 2021 12:06:33 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

Stinger1 is a transition function, so you need to set the input there to the input you will be transitioning to, not the stinger input.
ask on 3/12/2021(UTC)
admin  
#31 Posted : Friday, March 12, 2021 5:25:09 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

Originally Posted by: pm Go to Quoted Post

In my opinion this is a big step back in the main functionality of the replay system. I'm trying to argue this.

I was admittedly cautious about changing this, as we usually don't change fundamental functionality within a major release.
However having reviewed it, and given the existing manual Mark In + Mark Out behaviour, I think it should be save to prevent seeking to the first frame of a newly marked out event when event playback is already in progress.

This will be in the next update.
pm on 3/12/2021(UTC)
richardgatarski  
#32 Posted : Friday, March 12, 2021 10:20:25 PM(UTC)
richardgatarski

Was thanked: 292 time(s) in 246 post(s)
Regarding "Added right click menu to vMix Calls under Advanced to show blank frame when call disconnects"

This is a really nice improvement, but a few things might need clarification and perhaps fixing (no intention here for a feature request).

1. Feature not documented in https://www.vmix.com/hel...ex.htm?vMixCallMenu.html

2. Unclear what "blank frame" means. What I get is a black frame. Means that if that call is used on a Layer it will be black instead of transparent (which would be nicer, at least in our productions).

3. It takes a few seconds after the caller disconnects before the "blank frame" appears. Guess that has to do with necessary waiting time to allow for temporary dropouts.

4. If the producer/director disconnects the call using right-click Disconnect, that never results in a blank frame (v24.0.0.50). The problem here is that we cannot quickly do a manual remove of a frozen frame (before the blank frame is automatically showed by vMix.

Thanks,

/richard
richardgatarski  
#33 Posted : Friday, March 12, 2021 11:20:32 PM(UTC)
richardgatarski

"The latest NDI release is included in vMix 24", but the download Desktop Capture For Windows is 23.0.0.4. Is that correct? I guess the latest NDI release is backwards compatible, and there is no need to update Desktop Capture and/or the NDI tools package. But it would be nice with a clarification.

Update: I also noticed that for v24 installs we get Desktop Capture v24.0.0.4
TheMadPear  
#34 Posted : Saturday, March 13, 2021 3:26:27 AM(UTC)
TheMadPear

Canada

Possible bug: Using v24.0.0.50

Audio from NDI (teams) stopped working shortly after the stream started. Restarted the system, reconnect NDI streams into vmix, the audio was fine. Started steaming and again the NDI audio stopped working. Rolled back to 24.0.0.46 and the issue went away. It may be related to NDI updates added in 24.0.0.47 but have not had time to test.
Element III  
#35 Posted : Sunday, March 14, 2021 5:04:54 AM(UTC)
Element III

I use the new version in production and i see that when vmix social tweet is lunch on overlay 4 its turning off all my other overlay 1/2/3 thats really weird ?
And send tweet in overlay 1/2/3 just doesnt work :/
Other one get the problem ?
Thx for ur answer ;)
kross  
#36 Posted : Sunday, March 14, 2021 1:37:05 PM(UTC)
kross

United States

Was thanked: 28 time(s) in 28 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Element III Go to Quoted Post
I use the new version in production and i see that when vmix social tweet is lunch on overlay 4 its turning off all my other overlay 1/2/3 thats really weird ?
And send tweet in overlay 1/2/3 just doesnt work :/
Other one get the problem ?
Thx for ur answer ;)

I use vMix Social on Overlay 3, with no problems. I have stuff on overlays 1 and 2, and they are not affected.

I'm using v24.0.50.

richardgatarski  
#37 Posted : Monday, March 15, 2021 4:54:54 AM(UTC)
richardgatarski

Adding a Stream/SRT Input and ticking "Hardware Decoder" results in no streamed received if there is no graphics card that can execute the decoding.

This might be a pre-v24 behaviour, and is perhaps not a major issue as one should have graphics card with decoders. Not sure what happens if all existing hardware decoders are busy, or if it is possible for vMix to figure this out when the Input is added. If so, it would be nice with a message "No available decoder".

Tack (Swedish for thanks)

/richard
admin  
#38 Posted : Monday, March 15, 2021 12:21:25 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

Hardware encoding/decoding is a system requirement for SRT in vMix, as per the documentation:

https://www.vmix.com/help24/SRT.html
gpdipalmerahtimur  
#39 Posted : Monday, March 15, 2021 3:26:52 PM(UTC)
gpdipalmerahtimur

Indonesia

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Hi Martin,

I think License Restricted Menu should be hidden from the Settings Dropdown if current license doesn't support it:

Screenshot 2021-03-15 122608.png (11kb) downloaded 0 time(s).

Thanks in advance.
richardgatarski  
#40 Posted : Monday, March 15, 2021 7:02:02 PM(UTC)
richardgatarski

Originally Posted by: admin Go to Quoted Post
Hardware encoding/decoding is a system requirement for SRT in vMix, as per the documentation:
https://www.vmix.com/help24/SRT.html

In the bigger picture the particular issue I reported is perhaps not very important. Just wanted to tell if it perhaps was worth doing something about. If nothing else making it known to other users.

I do understand that in most situations hardware is needed, but I really do not want that enforced in vMix. In the curent use case I have I am only sending and receiving a low res/rate powerpoint for feedback to remote callers doing presentations. (webRTC is not an option).

Sorry if I misunderstood. Before posting I read "when available" at https://www.vmix.com/help24/SRTInput.html where it says
Quote:
Use accelerated decoding where available on the graphics card. The majority of modern graphics cards support both H264 and HEVC hardware decoding.
vMix will fall back to CPU decoding where available.

"Where supported" is somewhat confusing if hardware is a requirement, as outlined at https://www.vmix.com/help24/index.htm?SRT.htm I previously only read to
Quote:
Hardware (GPU) accelerated encoding and decoding of HEVC or H264 video in up to 4K (where supported by the underlying hardware and operating system).