logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages<1234>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
admin  
#41 Posted : Monday, March 15, 2021 7:22:37 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4135 time(s) in 1487 post(s)
I was referring to the system requirements, which notes what we support, which is different from what is technically possible and is an important distinction.
The CPU fallback is there as a last resort, but is not what we recommend or support, hence the system requirements.
macronate  
#42 Posted : Tuesday, March 16, 2021 2:07:41 AM(UTC)
macronate

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Yes! I've had this issue too. Cropping of the base input does not always seem to apply when used in layers. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't.

Originally Posted by: brax401gbz Go to Quoted Post
don't know if its a bug related to the new version:

i pre-build my sets using dummy inputs with colors or color bar, the pictures show from left to right are a deactivated precroped camera input, a color precroped input and a color precroped input.
the second picture shows the middle precropped input changed to color bars. i use virtual inputs to apply the precrop to the square format.

as you can see the cropping is not done correctly using a plain color as an input, whereas the color bars are cropped just fine, all the settings in the multiview and input are the same for all the three layers shown.

also i would have hoped that the renamed audio buses are also renamed in the channel matrix of my inputs, otherwise this new feature wastes a lot of its usability
macronate  
#43 Posted : Tuesday, March 16, 2021 2:15:17 AM(UTC)
macronate

United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I love the alerts feature. Hitting record is something I forget to do, a lot... However, I'd love the option to restrict this to the working window only. I often setup a multiview for a producer or client and the flashing gets annoying. Also, I think it would be great to be able to "Pause Alerts" from the working window. Ideally, I'd like for Vmix to always open with alerts on. But I could easily disable alerts on a day when I'm just programming or testing.
admin  
#44 Posted : Tuesday, March 16, 2021 3:04:45 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

A reminder, this is not a thread for feature requests, please submit those on the Feature Requests forum.
hrr86  
#45 Posted : Wednesday, March 17, 2021 3:36:21 AM(UTC)
hrr86

United States

noticed that some vmix GT titles don't refresh after the overlay disappears and causes a graphical issue where I have to manually reload the title in order for it to work again properly.
kross  
#46 Posted : Wednesday, March 17, 2021 5:32:21 AM(UTC)
kross

United States

Was thanked: 27 time(s) in 27 post(s)
Originally Posted by: hrr86 Go to Quoted Post
noticed that some vmix GT titles don't refresh after the overlay disappears and causes a graphical issue where I have to manually reload the title in order for it to work again properly.

If you hit the gear icon for that input, is the "automatically restart with transition" checkbox enabled?
hrr86  
#47 Posted : Wednesday, March 17, 2021 12:24:57 PM(UTC)
hrr86

United States

Originally Posted by: kross Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: hrr86 Go to Quoted Post

If you hit the gear icon for that input, is the "automatically restart with transition" checkbox enabled?

thanks, that did the trick, one of those moments. Much appreciated!

suburbazine  
#48 Posted : Sunday, March 28, 2021 12:01:37 PM(UTC)
suburbazine

I've encountered an NDI issue in V24, one that's not present in V23. (latest versions of each)

The issue was also present in the prerelease version of v24 but I guess I shouldn't have marked it off as something that was just a beta thing.

The issue with NDI is the encoder transport from vMix output is dropping bursts of frames every few seconds, running 1080p59.94. It happens on all resolutions and the current system is at less than 15% utilization. Reverting back to v23 with same settings has no issue.

NDI input seems unaffected.

i9-9980XE
Quadro P5000
128GB RAM
10Gbe NICs
ThommiTechnik  
#49 Posted : Sunday, March 28, 2021 4:32:47 PM(UTC)
ThommiTechnik

Man
Switzerland

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Bug since 24.0.0.51: Add input "Instant Replay", configuring folder and inputs, hitting OK, I get the error message "vMixCodec_x64dll": A dynamic link library (DLL) initialization routine failed. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007045A)

Generated bug report was transmitted ;)
admin  
#50 Posted : Sunday, March 28, 2021 5:46:51 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

This error means the CPU is quite old and doesn't support the newer features needed by vMix Replay.
A CPU from at least 2013 onwards is required. That is 8 years ago so I think more than reasonable to require.
revned  
#51 Posted : Friday, April 2, 2021 8:26:01 AM(UTC)
revned

United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Everything with V24 is great until I go into the settings menu. Invariably while browsing settings, the monitor goes blank and I must do a hard reset. Sometimes, the system comes back, sometimes it takes a couple of hard resets.

After the reset, in task manager the graphics card is disabled (with error code 43).

I have run windows updates, deleted and reinstalled graphics drivers, all with the same crash resulting from (seemingly) Vmix Settings window.

Problem can not be recreated with Version 23.

Win 10 Pro Build 19042
i7-8700K
GTX 1060-6Gb
64Gb RAM

*EDIT* It should also be noted that I was attempting to use a Vmix Preset from V23. Am currently rebuilding the show from scratch in V24 to test.
admin  
#52 Posted : Friday, April 2, 2021 12:44:11 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

That will be a hardware fault, likely the graphics card.
Software can't cause system freezes or crashes, this can only be caused by faulty drivers or hardware.
revned  
#53 Posted : Friday, April 2, 2021 12:53:03 PM(UTC)
revned

United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I understand that, just interesting that it is only triggered by V24...specifically the settings menu. Any suggestions on how I can narrow this down? I am certain that this is something on my end, just totally weird.
jet  
#54 Posted : Tuesday, April 13, 2021 7:26:58 AM(UTC)
jet

Man

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 13 post(s)
Using the latest vMix 24 and Im getting really weird results with words like "tontti" and "että" when put on Title Editor.

They are traslated for some reason to "toni" and "eä", yes the scandic chars ä ö å etc are outputted bold by the Text Editor.

It seems that all words containing "tt" will be truncated

UPDATE:
Never mind. It seems that this was cuased by a faulty font (FontsFree-Net-Athelas1.ttf)
suhyeoncho  
#55 Posted : Thursday, April 22, 2021 4:15:11 PM(UTC)
suhyeoncho

Japan

Hi Martin

It is my first time to post here and I would like to use this opportuniy to say thank you for continuous update for vmix, which is the great product.

I use the keyboard for control vMix and Instant Replay. Recent update to vMIX 24 might have the bug as follow.
- The short cut "Replay Play Event To Output" on key board is unstable.
- Sometimes, it select the other clip than the one i selected, in many case one after the selected event. For example, if I select the clip 010, the clip 011 or 001 (if 010 is the last event) is on PGM.
- This does not happen with Stream Deck and WebController. Only with key board.

IMG_8365.jpg (817kb) downloaded 1 time(s).
IMG_8366.jpg (682kb) downloaded 0 time(s).
IMG_8370.jpg (798kb) downloaded 0 time(s).
IMG_8367.jpg (631kb) downloaded 4 time(s).

Please let me know if this is the bug to be fixed or any setting issue.

Many thanks,
Cho
JAIRODJ  
#56 Posted : Friday, April 23, 2021 6:46:40 AM(UTC)
JAIRODJ

Man

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 12 post(s)
Hi, I have tried to use the web API commands, SetVisibleImageOn and Off and it does not work correctly,
they only work with the index 0, with the others it does not execute the order.
richardgatarski  
#57 Posted : Friday, August 13, 2021 8:35:25 PM(UTC)
richardgatarski

Was thanked: 292 time(s) in 246 post(s)
Originally Posted by: richardgatarski Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: admin Go to Quoted Post
Hardware encoding/decoding is a system requirement for SRT in vMix, as per the documentation:
https://www.vmix.com/help24/SRT.html

In the bigger picture the particular issue I reported is perhaps not very important. Just wanted to tell if it perhaps was worth doing something about. If nothing else making it known to other users.

I do understand that in most situations hardware is needed, but I really do not want that enforced in vMix. In the curent use case I have I am only sending and receiving a low res/rate powerpoint for feedback to remote callers doing presentations. (webRTC is not an option).

Sorry if I misunderstood. Before posting I read "when available" at https://www.vmix.com/help24/SRTInput.html where it says
Quote:
Use accelerated decoding where available on the graphics card. The majority of modern graphics cards support both H264 and HEVC hardware decoding.
vMix will fall back to CPU decoding where available.

"Where supported" is somewhat confusing if hardware is a requirement, as outlined at https://www.vmix.com/help24/index.htm?SRT.htm I previously only read to
Quote:
Hardware (GPU) accelerated encoding and decoding of HEVC or H264 video in up to 4K (where supported by the underlying hardware and operating system).

I noticed today (after a couple of weeks vacation and then updating Windows to 20H2 and drivers for my GTX 1050 laptop to 471.68) that my preset with an SRT caller Input caused vMix to not close properly if Hardware decoding was enabled. If I close vMix, it asks if I am sure, and upon clicking Yes nothing happens. Have to then right-click vMix's Tray icon and close the window. Hardware decoding used to work fine on this laptop. My fix now is to deselect Hardware decoding, as that makes vMix close properly.

grantcoll  
#58 Posted : Wednesday, August 18, 2021 11:21:45 AM(UTC)
grantcoll

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Originally Posted by: richardgatarski Go to Quoted Post
"The latest NDI release is included in vMix 24", but the download Desktop Capture For Windows is 23.0.0.4. Is that correct? I guess the latest NDI release is backwards compatible, and there is no need to update Desktop Capture and/or the NDI tools package. But it would be nice with a clarification.

Update: I also noticed that for v24 installs we get Desktop Capture v24.0.0.4

Hi, is there any update to this desktop version issue ?
Norene  
#59 Posted : Tuesday, September 7, 2021 5:08:37 PM(UTC)
Norene

The second picture shows the middle precropped input changed to color bars. i use virtual inputs to apply the precrop to the square format.

TelltheBell
grantcoll  
#60 Posted : Tuesday, September 7, 2021 7:23:19 PM(UTC)
grantcoll

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Originally Posted by: suburbazine Go to Quoted Post
I've encountered an NDI issue in V24, one that's not present in V23. (latest versions of each)

The issue was also present in the prerelease version of v24 but I guess I shouldn't have marked it off as something that was just a beta thing.

The issue with NDI is the encoder transport from vMix output is dropping bursts of frames every few seconds, running 1080p59.94. It happens on all resolutions and the current system is at less than 15% utilization. Reverting back to v23 with same settings has no issue.

NDI input seems unaffected.

i9-9980XE
Quadro P5000
128GB RAM
10Gbe NICs

I have found two possible causes for frame drops like that.

1. In the Graphics card settings, Power Management Mode needs to be Prefer Maximum Performance
2. In vMix Settings, Performance, Display Method DropDown, make it LowLatency.

Cheers
Grant