logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

13 Pages«<89101112>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
RichDanby  
#181 Posted : Saturday, January 23, 2021 4:49:55 AM(UTC)
RichDanby

Groups: Registered
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 26 time(s) in 24 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Rinsky Go to Quoted Post
I think this one is still valid, because it worms one way, but not the other way around.

To try to help explain what is going on I think the reason you are seeing a difference is, as far as I can tell, it effectively fades in the new input over the old one then deletes the old one - it isn't a crossfade.
In the case of going from an image with transparency to one without:-
In one direction it is fading in a solid image over a partially transparent one and then deleting the transparent one - which you don't see happen as it is totally covered
In the other direction it is fading in the partial transparent one over a solid image and so you can still see parts of the solid image as the fade completes and then the jump as it is deleted.
There is no fading out happening.

It sounds like you are fading from an image with alpha to either a transparent input or another image with alpha.

If you are sending a single channel to your mixer then layering some of the inputs over black should allow you get fades that do what you expect.

If you are sending key and fill to the mixer then I think using Overlays is the only way you will get a fading out effect.

(merge, with totally separate inputs, acts a bit like the opposite of fade - It adds the new input below the current one and then fades out the old. That might be some use if you are working on a workaround)

Someone else posted about it last year, with a video that shows the behaviour, so maybe it is worth you making a feature request for a true crossfade. I don't think the current fade is buggy but I can see cases like this where it wouldn't quite do what you expect.
Roi  
#182 Posted : Monday, January 25, 2021 11:27:48 AM(UTC)
Roi

Man
Philippines

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Can you make the vMix Border animate smoothly when merging without getting ruined when changing sizes?
Rinsky  
#183 Posted : Monday, January 25, 2021 11:29:16 PM(UTC)
Rinsky

Was thanked: 39 time(s) in 35 post(s)
Well...it's more of a feature request than a bug report, but the only other addition I can think of is adding a crossfade (+ all other basic transitions) to the transitions to the transitions between Replay Channel A and B (since you've already added a cut between those two)

And another issue is still the tiny A and B monitors when working in the detached replay mode. I totally understand that it's probably for performance reasons that it's the same display as the fullscreen replay view.

The only change I would suggest is this:

Right now there is ..

2 columns and 1 line for 1-2 replay channels
2 columns and 2 lines for 3-4 replay channels
4 columns and 2 lines for 5-8 replay channels

I would suggest to add:

3 columns and 2 lines for 5-6 replay channels

This would make it possible to make the preview monitors a little bigger, if you're not using 7-8 channels.

I hope you understand what I mean.

Thanks!
thanks 2 users thanked Rinsky for this useful post.
Roi on 1/25/2021(UTC), pm on 1/25/2021(UTC)
Rinsky  
#184 Posted : Tuesday, January 26, 2021 3:22:54 AM(UTC)
Rinsky

Sorry for double posting...

I think I already saw the answer to this question but couldn't find it anywhere. It has to do with the replay fullscreen window.

Why are the preview windows so pixelated? Is there something I can do about it or is it also a bug or just by design?

It would be great to have them as sharp as the normal multiview fullscreen preview windows.
RichDanby  
#185 Posted : Tuesday, January 26, 2021 7:38:50 PM(UTC)
RichDanby

United Kingdom

If you add a GT Titles Stinger some overlay parameters stay disabled when switching to other overlays: -
  • Add a GT Stinger Input
  • Select that as the Stinger Input for Stinger 1
  • Select Overlay 1
  • Duration field is missing

If you add an invalid value into the overlay settings, e.g Duration = 123456 ms, and try to save you get a warning but if you switch to another overlay first you can save that invalid value.
Allan Rokkedahl  
#186 Posted : Wednesday, January 27, 2021 4:36:20 AM(UTC)
Allan Rokkedahl

Man
Denmark

Local scripts missing when open preset again.

Only global script avaliable.
Rinsky  
#187 Posted : Thursday, January 28, 2021 1:21:01 AM(UTC)
Rinsky

I wanted to use my replay folder on another Vmix machine. Loading the same preset and copying all files from the other computer.

But when the replay was just shown as "offline" and when deleting the "offline" replay folder and adding a new one it just says "This folder is already in use, select an empty folder"

I created a new preset on the new pc and just added a replay channel, with the same folder and got the same error.

Is it not possible to load the replay channel, folder and settings from another computer (after copying to the new machine)?

Was it always like that or is this a new bug or is this by design?
Rinsky  
#188 Posted : Thursday, January 28, 2021 8:33:56 PM(UTC)
Rinsky

Well...it's more of a feature request than a bug report, but the only other addition I can think of is adding a crossfade (+ all other basic transitions) to the transitions to the transitions between Replay Channel A and B (since you've already added a cut between those two)

And another issue is still the tiny A and B monitors when working in the detached replay mode. I totally understand that it's probably for performance reasons that it's the same display as the fullscreen replay view.

The only change I would suggest is this:

Right now there is ..

2 columns and 1 line for 1-2 replay channels
2 columns and 2 lines for 3-4 replay channels
4 columns and 2 lines for 5-8 replay channels

I would suggest to add:

3 columns and 2 lines for 5-6 replay channels

This would make it possible to make the preview monitors a little bigger, if you're not using 7-8 channels.

I hope you understand what I mean.

Thanks!

Oh, and one more thing!

Please add an indicator around the A-B monitor windows to show which one is controlled at the moment. Something like a red corner around it

The green A|B, A and B Buttons are not enough to keep an eye on the current mode.
stevespaw  
#189 Posted : Friday, January 29, 2021 1:38:17 AM(UTC)
stevespaw

Man

Was thanked: 75 time(s) in 57 post(s)
Help, in the .42 version. When I try to find or use any resource in vMix that is on a network share MAPPED AS A DRIVE LETTER - it is not there.
All other apps and Explorer see the mapped network share normally.

i.e. We map a "Media Drive" as D in our projects. so they load properly in different environments.
D:\ is not available to browse in vMix in this version.

I have rebooted etc.

Steve
admin  
#190 Posted : Friday, January 29, 2021 12:34:25 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4135 time(s) in 1487 post(s)
I wanted to use my replay folder on another Vmix machine. Loading the same preset and copying all files from the other computer.

But when the replay was just shown as "offline" and when deleting the "offline" replay folder and adding a new one it just says "This folder is already in use, select an empty folder"

I created a new preset on the new pc and just added a replay channel, with the same folder and got the same error.

Is it not possible to load the replay channel, folder and settings from another computer (after copying to the new machine)?

Was it always like that or is this a new bug or is this by design?

If it is not working, the folder must not have been copied correctly or you do not have the same vMix version on both computers.
admin  
#191 Posted : Friday, January 29, 2021 12:34:59 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

Originally Posted by: stevespaw Go to Quoted Post
Help, in the .42 version. When I try to find or use any resource in vMix that is on a network share MAPPED AS A DRIVE LETTER - it is not there.

i.e. We map a "Media Drive" as D in our projects. so they load properly in different environments.

I have rebooted etc.

Steve

Make sure you are running vMix from the shortcut and not running as Administrator.
As apps running as administrator do not see the mapped drives. Only when running normally will they see them.
admin  
#192 Posted : Friday, January 29, 2021 12:36:01 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

Sorry for double posting...

I think I already saw the answer to this question but couldn't find it anywhere. It has to do with the replay fullscreen window.

Why are the preview windows so pixelated? Is there something I can do about it or is it also a bug or just by design?

It would be great to have them as sharp as the normal multiview fullscreen preview windows.

If you are referring to the new live sources preview feature, then this is unavoidable.
No computer is going to be fast enough to decode every camera angle at the same time, so we use special proxy previews which are at a much lower resolution.

The A + B previews will be full resolution still though.
RichDanby  
#193 Posted : Friday, January 29, 2021 8:02:39 PM(UTC)
RichDanby

United Kingdom

In vMix Social the trigger overlay list shows 8 overlays. I'm not sure if this is a bug or there is a way to use a stinger overlay for titles.
stevespaw  
#194 Posted : Saturday, January 30, 2021 12:51:44 AM(UTC)
stevespaw

Man

Was thanked: 75 time(s) in 57 post(s)
Originally Posted by: admin Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: stevespaw Go to Quoted Post

I have rebooted etc.

Steve

Make sure you are running vMix from the shortcut and not running as Administrator.
As apps running as administrator do not see the mapped drives. Only when running normally will they see them.

That was it!
Good information, I learn something new everyday. I have no idea how this shortcut got changed.

Thanks,
Steve
richardgatarski  
#195 Posted : Saturday, January 30, 2021 4:20:36 AM(UTC)
richardgatarski

Was thanked: 292 time(s) in 246 post(s)
empty-bounding-behaviour.png (6kb) downloaded 5 time(s).
vMix 24.0.0.42 beta released
[...] We have looked through the forum feedback and fixed all outstanding bugs we are aware of.
There were many other reports based on misunderstandings of how features are intended to work, so these have not been "fixed" as such.
If you still believe your report is valid, please submit again the bug here.
vMix

I don't want to nag, but since I reported the unwanted behaviour that GT displays bounding graphics for empty fields as a bug right before the release of ..42 it was perhaps missed as a bug. Cause I cannot see when this behaviour would be intentional. See attached illustration, where the graphics is bounded with 20 pixels on all sides of the second text field (which here is empty)

Thanks,
/Richard
Martin Block  
#196 Posted : Saturday, January 30, 2021 10:58:10 AM(UTC)
Martin Block

Philippines

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
HI,

I just downloaded the beta and found a small bug: I cannot drag and drop files any more. Only via Add Input...

update: I opened and closed vMix twice and now it works.... weird!
admin  
#197 Posted : Saturday, January 30, 2021 5:28:46 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

Originally Posted by: richardgatarski Go to Quoted Post
vMix 24.0.0.42 beta released
[...] We have looked through the forum feedback and fixed all outstanding bugs we are aware of.
There were many other reports based on misunderstandings of how features are intended to work, so these have not been "fixed" as such.
If you still believe your report is valid, please submit again the bug here.
vMix

I don't want to nag, but since I reported the unwanted behaviour that GT displays bounding graphics for empty fields as a bug right before the release of ..42 it was perhaps missed as a bug. Cause I cannot see when this behaviour would be intentional. See attached illustration, where the graphics is bounded with 20 pixels on all sides of the second text field (which here is empty)

Thanks,
/Richard

This is not a bug, the bounding feature has never been designed to be used with empty text as invisible.
Also this behaviour has not changed in 24 so not relevant to this thread. If you would like to see functionality change submit a feature request.
Rinsky  
#198 Posted : Sunday, January 31, 2021 12:23:43 AM(UTC)
Rinsky

Originally Posted by: Martin Block Go to Quoted Post
HI,

I just downloaded the beta and found a small bug: I cannot drag and drop files any more. Only via Add Input...

update: I opened and closed vMix twice and now it works.... weird!

I also had the same issue
Rinsky  
#199 Posted : Sunday, January 31, 2021 1:22:28 AM(UTC)
Rinsky

2 more things:

1. Please change the name of the "Play Events" Button to "Play Events to Output" and also add a "Play Events" button that just plays the event. And also add the option to change the main play option of this button.

2. Just saw that it's not possible to add an event by pressing "Mark Out" first. It would be very handy to also create events in this kinda way e.g. someone scores a goal, you choose the endpoint, scroll back and find your in-point. Makes it much more natural.

Thank you!
Build  
#200 Posted : Sunday, January 31, 2021 11:31:05 AM(UTC)
Build

United States

I have a weird issue only on v24. All of my sources are being rendered as single solid colors. I've tried different Nvidia driver versions, I tried to restore windows, I manually disabled shadowplay and Nvidia broadcast, and still nothing.

here's what it looks like: Screenshot

The only thing in my log in Documents/vMixStorage/logs is this:

========================================
24.0.0.42 - Presets_OpenInput - 1/30/2021 8:09:25 PM
========================================
pzzzzzj: VLC x64 Not Found
at pzzzzzk..ctor(String a, String a, Boolean a, Int32 a)
at oh.a(String a, String a, Int32 a)
at oh..ctor(Guid a, String a, String a, Int32 a)
at ry.s(XmlNode a, rx a, mm a, Boolean a)

Are there more logs that would help? I'm just generally very confused why everything is rendering as a single color. Is this an issue with my computer? Or an issue with v24. I have VLC installed. And even without VLC it shouldn't render every source as a single solid color.

If you need more information i'm ready and willing to supply it!