logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

13 Pages«<23456>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Rinsky  
#61 Posted : Thursday, November 12, 2020 7:55:38 AM(UTC)
Rinsky

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 39 time(s) in 35 post(s)
Sorry for double posting...but..

I think a major issue is the "automatically play events to program" function. This should be disablable.

So the main Vmix window should still be for mixing/putting things in preview and program, while doing, but the instant replay system (when another person is controlling it) should be it's own entity.

If you're a single user and do graphics, mixing and replay all alone, then it still makes sense to do things the way they were, but you'd put a glass ceiling on the new and improved instant replay system if it's can't be controlled like a standard replay system.

Edit:
I saw the "ReplayPlayEvent" and "ReplayPlayEventToOutput" shortcuts, because I thought that maybe there is a way to make this work with shortcuts. But I don't see any difference in those two shortcuts, both play the Events to the output. Is this by design or a bug?
admin  
#62 Posted : Thursday, November 12, 2020 12:37:04 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4135 time(s) in 1487 post(s)
That would be a bug!
Rinsky  
#63 Posted : Sunday, November 15, 2020 3:32:39 PM(UTC)
Rinsky

We've testet it yesterday on a production and we came up with more input:

1. Audio meters take up too much space, especially if there are more than 4 inputs:

UserPostedImage

It takes so much space, because it shows all recorded audio channels on all 8 inputs and the A and B channels,.

This combined leads to tiny windows and really, really makes it hard to work with.

An option to hide them (just like in the normal Vmix window), would be great, but this and having them as an overlay on the right hand side, on top of those videos would be even greater and would safe a lot of space!

2. The other thing is that it automaticall jumps to 4 colums of monitors, even if you just use 5 inputs.

It would be great to have 1 row for up to 2 inputs, 2 rows for up to 4, 3 for up to 6 and 4 for up to 8 replay inputs.

3. Regarding the bug I previously found:

It would also be great to have a visible button for "Play Event" that actually just plays the event and another one that says "Play Event to Output"
Dist  
#64 Posted : Tuesday, November 17, 2020 10:53:04 PM(UTC)
Dist

United Kingdom

Was thanked: 23 time(s) in 16 post(s)
While the list of activators show support for cameras 5 to 8, `ReplayCamera`, `ReplayACamera`, and `ReplayBCamera` don't send activator messages for cameras 5 to 8. When switching between cameras in that range it still sends a 0 value for cameras 1 to 4 to indicate they are not selected, but there's no way to tell (using activators) the status of cameras 5 to 8.

Also, I'm just checking the `ReplayChangeDirection` and can't figure out what the correct name is for the param when calling the function programmatically. The shortcuts window shows a `Replay Channel` option, with `Current`, `A`, or `B`, values, but I can't seem to find the querystring param so my requests just default to `current`.
admin  
#65 Posted : Wednesday, November 18, 2020 12:33:26 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

Originally Posted by: Rinsky Go to Quoted Post

It takes so much space, because it shows all recorded audio channels on all 8 inputs and the A and B channels,.

This combined leads to tiny windows and really, really makes it hard to work with.

This is not related to audio channels at all. If you look closely the space is limited by aspect ratio, that space is effectively unusable
because to do otherwise would stretch the video outside of 16:9.
RichDanby  
#66 Posted : Wednesday, November 18, 2020 1:22:40 AM(UTC)
RichDanby

United Kingdom

Was thanked: 26 time(s) in 24 post(s)
Originally Posted by: admin Go to Quoted Post

This is not related to audio channels at all. If you look closely the space is limited by aspect ratio, that space is effectively unusable
because to do otherwise would stretch the video outside of 16:9.

Do the preview and label have to be locked into a 16:9 box? There are layouts of the instant replay window where previews could be larger if the labels could move down. For example: -
UserPostedImage
I feel the audio meters the same width as in the main window would be sufficient.
pm  
#67 Posted : Wednesday, November 18, 2020 4:43:02 AM(UTC)
pm

Was thanked: 32 time(s) in 27 post(s)
There is no use of audio level meters in replay interface for me. There are level meters on the input itself and in the audio mixer.

Better would be using the emtpy space for larger preview pictures.
ask  
#68 Posted : Wednesday, November 18, 2020 7:40:10 AM(UTC)
ask

Australia

Was thanked: 199 time(s) in 181 post(s)
Maybe just an issue on my system, but on a .24 test build vmix.avi files cannot be converted by Media Convertor. It reports "Video format not Supported"

admin  
#69 Posted : Wednesday, November 18, 2020 12:25:46 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

Originally Posted by: pm Go to Quoted Post
There is no use of audio level meters in replay interface for me. There are level meters on the input itself and in the audio mixer.

As noted, the space there is free anyway due to aspect ratios, so the audio meters are not taking up space that could be used for bigger previews.
If you look carefully the preview is actually the Replay MultiView cut in two and displays side by side.
So there isn't any way to improve the preview sizes without either distorting them or completely removing the labels.
ruudboon  
#70 Posted : Friday, November 20, 2020 4:19:08 AM(UTC)
ruudboon

Netherlands

Looking forward to the update!
Noticed I Can't enter numbers in Color Adjust input fields. Only the scroller works.
Besides that it would be great if you can use arrow up and down when having focus in a numeric input field.
kross  
#71 Posted : Saturday, November 21, 2020 6:47:54 PM(UTC)
kross

United States

Was thanked: 27 time(s) in 27 post(s)
v24 is a nice upgrade to 23, thank you very much!

However, I am unable to get my ShuttlePro v2 to work with v24. The existing shortcuts don't work. The jog and shuttle wheels do nothing.

When I try to add a new shortcut, when I hit the Find button, button presses on the Shuttle show as MIDI presses, and not the usual ReplayA-ReplayO.

Reinstalling v23 restores functionality.

Is this expected? Do I need to re-do the shortcuts with the MIDI values now instead? That's easy enough. What about the jog and shuttle wheels? Any tips on how to set those up?
thanks 1 user thanked kross for this useful post.
grantcoll on 1/24/2021(UTC)
kross  
#72 Posted : Saturday, November 21, 2020 7:50:44 PM(UTC)
kross

United States

Was thanked: 27 time(s) in 27 post(s)
I think I got the jog/shuttle wheels working, setting them to JogWheel mode, and using the ReplayChangeSpeed and ReplayJumpFrames shortcuts. Hopefully when v24 is released, it will have updated templates included, to save people having to go through this extra setup.
thanks 1 user thanked kross for this useful post.
grantcoll on 1/24/2021(UTC)
Rinsky  
#73 Posted : Saturday, November 21, 2020 11:08:47 PM(UTC)
Rinsky

Originally Posted by: admin Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: pm Go to Quoted Post

As noted, the space there is free anyway due to aspect ratios, so the audio meters are not taking up space that could be used for bigger previews.
If you look carefully the preview is actually the Replay MultiView cut in two and displays side by side.
So there isn't any way to improve the preview sizes without either distorting them or completely removing the labels.

So for performance reason it has to be the same as the replay multiview output or is there a chance to make it different?
ask  
#74 Posted : Sunday, November 22, 2020 10:22:15 AM(UTC)
ask

Australia

Was thanked: 199 time(s) in 181 post(s)
Originally Posted by: ask Go to Quoted Post
Maybe just an issue on my system, but on a .24 test build vmix.avi files cannot be converted by Media Convertor. It reports "Video format not Supported"

Sorted. Can confirm all Ok. Tested on multiple systems. Must have been a rogue recording. :-)

nomski  
#75 Posted : Monday, November 23, 2020 8:42:57 PM(UTC)
nomski

Just been using 24 for some internal stuff to help test. Not a major one but the "Auto gain" tick box and any VST's in the list are lost whenever the VT list is emptied. The way we use the list is to add VT's as and when we need them, and the list is emptied every time the VT transitions out. It would be great if it retained the audio settings.
doggy  
#76 Posted : Saturday, November 28, 2020 9:32:05 PM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 916 time(s) in 755 post(s)
SetDynamicValue and SetDynamicInput work with shortcuts
Say SetDynamicValue1 as ANAME & SetDynamicInput1 as 2

If there is a title as input 2 and the shortcut SetText is used with Input = Dynamic1 and Value = Dynamic1 all works well

First question would be why they are both recalled with the same name Dynamic1 ?

Next step trying it within a script (same scenario)
While one can Set the DynamicValues and DynamicInputs and use a shortcut as before (SetText) will respond to both dynamic variables
BUT he SetText function (as example) will work with recalling the Value with Dynamic1 , The Input is NOT respomding at all with a Dynamic1 specified

Why is there no way to retrieve either Dynamic Values or Input say to a local variable to test with within a script or retrieve it from th API XML?

Thanks

Code:
API.Function("SetDynamicValue1",Value:="ANAME")
API.Function("SetDynamicInput1",Value:="2")
API.Function("SetText",Input:="Dynamic1",Value:="Dynamic1")  'does not work
API.Function("SetText",Input:="2",Value:="Dynamic1")         'does work

'Or

Function=SetDynamicValue1&Value=ANAME
Function=SetDynamicInput1&Value=2
Function=SetText&Input=Dynamic1&SelectedName:="Headline.Text"&Value=Dynamic1  'does not work
Function=SetText&Input=2&SelectedName:="Headline.Text"&Value=Dynamic1         'does work

thanks 2 users thanked doggy for this useful post.
DWAM on 11/29/2020(UTC), clafarge on 11/30/2020(UTC)
Rinsky  
#77 Posted : Tuesday, December 8, 2020 3:57:09 AM(UTC)
Rinsky

I am having problems with exported 1080i vmixAVI Instant Replay files in Premiere.

Deinterlacing doesn't work correctly. Is this a known issue or is there something I need to change in the Vmix or Premiere settings?

Mp4 export works flawlessly, but of course takes a lot more time to export.
MycroBeat99  
#78 Posted : Tuesday, December 8, 2020 8:25:08 AM(UTC)
MycroBeat99

Man
Romania

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I don't know what is happening, but this version is very buggy. I'm using vMix since 2012 and no other version is very buggy unlike version 23 and 24.

I will write below the bugs that i found in the latest weeks.

1. The NDI input use 20-30% cpu decode, even if the GPU decoding is available in the latest NDI 4.5 SDK. (2-3 NDI sourses may kill the CPU and crash the app)
2. The SRT input use 40-50% CPU on decoding, even i selected the GPU decode and i'm using the latest driver version.
3. The browser may crash the app if is used more then 24-48 hours.
3.1 The browser may use the HTTP version instead of HTTPS versions whitch is no longer support by modern websites and redirect to HTTPS instead and the input image is not showing.
3.2 The Browser version is very old and not all websites accept and provide all the capabilities to this version.
4. The VLC may crash the app if the network is lost and you need to reset the stream because the stream is not come back automatically. If this is happening more the 2-3 time, the app will crash.

Maybe this bugs will be fixed in the near future.
koinonia  
#79 Posted : Tuesday, December 8, 2020 10:34:32 AM(UTC)
koinonia

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Yes, vMix became CPU hunger...
There is a serious issue with nVidia latest drivers...
David_in_Philly  
#80 Posted : Tuesday, December 8, 2020 11:41:05 AM(UTC)
David_in_Philly

United States

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 8 post(s)
Originally Posted by: tristencrow Go to Quoted Post
Excited to see that border support is being added, however, +1 for ability to follow the cropped sizing of the layer. It is fairly rare comparatively that I am using a full 16:9 frame in a multi view when I want to use borders. Really hope this feature can be updated to support this before final release.

Just to confirm, it the "tweening" that's needed here - when using MERGE; so that the change from one crop with border (or no crop) smoothly transitions to the crop settings of the virtual input with a different crop - rather than snapping into position at the end of the move.

Also, any change in border thickness from one (virtual) input to another could be smooth rather than a "snap to" at the end (and/or push beyond 100% so it's unseen at the end).

Thanks.

+1