logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

48 Pages«<2223242526>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
DWAM  
#461 Posted : Thursday, July 16, 2020 5:22:09 PM(UTC)
DWAM

Groups: Registered
Man
France

Was thanked: 794 time(s) in 589 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Joeboe Go to Quoted Post

I notice that...me too...functionality first, design later....but mine is so simple, that I can spend time on design....but that audio panel looks so nice......and like I said....you have great patience....but then again, you only need to make one channel, and then clone as many times as you need....well that is what I do....make a single channel, make it fully functional and then clone.....I like your stuff...and like I said...since I am not into audio that much, I go simple....you are good with your stuff, so keep going....and also, when you ready, just drop a zipped file...it could be just a single or 2 channel version....something small....

Everything is cloned here and uses the Group feature for 'as easy as possible" updates. However when dealing with scripts cloning won't work and somehow when you look for optimization, the clone feature is not always your best friend. For example, here, it's stupid to allow a media input to be in the "intercom" group or to have VST controls which I won't use. But that's only a version 1 beta and I built it upon what is a typical setup for my productions when I have my own audio guy with an external mixer. Yes I have already thought about possible adjustments for specific smaller or bigger projects... but I don't need this for myself on vMix, it's only designed for when a tech is in charge of the audio.

Sallmunds  
#462 Posted : Friday, July 24, 2020 11:25:36 PM(UTC)
Sallmunds

Sweden

When I try to open a saved file it says "This file was created with a newer version of Panel Builder! Pleas update to Panel Builder version 3.0.12 or newer"

But I have version 4.0.20. I downloaded it today and saved the file today and tried to open it today. What can be wrong?
raugert  
#463 Posted : Saturday, July 25, 2020 12:12:32 AM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

Was thanked: 309 time(s) in 176 post(s)
That is odd. If you can you send me your template file at info@studio793.ca , I will have a look at it to see why this is happening.

thanks,
Richard
carlosvv  
#464 Posted : Wednesday, August 12, 2020 3:37:17 PM(UTC)
carlosvv

Man
Australia

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hi guys,

I think this is one of the best (if not THE best) thing happened to vMix in a lot of time. And this forum it's been very helpful. Thank you all! I'm learning a lot ;)

I want to propose something. Would you mind sharing your templates? I think that would be super helpful to all of us, so we can learn from each other and improve our productions.

The initial templates helped me a lot to build this super simple SCORING template for a Rugby Union game we will be streaming this weekend. I hope someone finds it useful ;)

CONTROLLER_CRL_gordie_v2.zip (2kb) downloaded 24 time(s).

rugby controller.jpg (155kb) downloaded 0 time(s).

Thanks to everybody!
thanks 1 user thanked carlosvv for this useful post.
Joeboe on 8/12/2020(UTC)
Joeboe  
#465 Posted : Wednesday, August 12, 2020 4:49:36 PM(UTC)
Joeboe

Was thanked: 32 time(s) in 31 post(s)
Originally Posted by: carlosvv Go to Quoted Post
Hi guys,

I think this is one of the best (if not THE best) thing happened to vMix in a lot of time. And this forum it's been very helpful. Thank you all! I'm learning a lot ;)

I want to propose something. Would you mind sharing your templates? I think that would be super helpful to all of us, so we can learn from each other and improve our productions.

The initial templates helped me a lot to build this super simple SCORING template for a Rugby Union game we will be streaming this weekend. I hope someone finds it useful ;)

CONTROLLER_CRL_gordie_v2.zip (2kb) downloaded 24 time(s).

Thanks to everybody!

That is such a good idea...but I wish someone could post a good cricket scoreboard.....was trying for days to get a working template, but ...no luck...

carlosvv  
#466 Posted : Wednesday, August 12, 2020 5:07:43 PM(UTC)
carlosvv

Man
Australia

I hope we all jump on this idea and start sharing templates and ideas ;)
Joeboe  
#467 Posted : Wednesday, August 12, 2020 10:30:52 PM(UTC)
Joeboe

This is the best app that works with vMix....I have so many switcher templates I use for different setups of vMix....so, when I go to do tennis, I open a Tennis layout in vMix, and a Tennis template in PB....and they just sync, ....best thing to happen to vMix....I am struggling to get a working template for Cricket....everything works except the totaling of the batsmen scores....

here is one of my templates...I use this mostly for conferences and lectures with Q&A
All buttons will change colour when active...Those with the Red border will change from Black to Red, so as the others....I use Green for my Preview......works like a charm...I have many others, but this is the first that was in my list.......I can upload a full Template with PNGs for anyone who need a layout with my style 3D buttons...I made them in Photoshop

carlosvv  
#468 Posted : Wednesday, August 12, 2020 11:11:51 PM(UTC)
carlosvv

Man
Australia

Originally Posted by: Joeboe Go to Quoted Post
This is the best app that works with vMix....I have so many switcher templates I use for different setups of vMix....so, when I go to do tennis, I open a Tennis layout in vMix, and a Tennis template in PB....and they just sync, ....best thing to happen to vMix....I am struggling to get a working template for Cricket....everything works except the totaling of the batsmen scores....

here is one of my templates...I use this mostly for conferences and lectures with Q&A
All buttons will change colour when active...Those with the Red border will change from Black to Red, so as the others....I use Green for my Preview......works like a charm...I have many others, but this is the first that was in my list.......I can upload a full Template with PNGs for anyone who need a layout with my style 3D buttons...I made them in Photoshop

Wow mate! That is super cool!! Would you mind sharing the files? I would LOVE to see how have you done it and "reverse engineer" some of those functionalities ;) I really like the icons too!
Joeboe  
#469 Posted : Thursday, August 13, 2020 3:52:14 AM(UTC)
Joeboe

It was simple...no Reverse Engineering.....I just follow the instructions, use a little imagination and a few grains of common sense....some Photoshoping, and it was done.....

The Icons were done in Photoshop and saved as PNG files, and I used the Icon buttons and linked them to the vMix function I wanted....it is actually very easy to do....the longest things were making the icon templates....

Having problems uploading the RAR file. ...Try this link...

https://www.dropbox.com/...LDER%20TEMPLATE.rar?dl=0
Yvo.Hx  
#470 Posted : Wednesday, August 19, 2020 12:07:42 AM(UTC)
Yvo.Hx

For a show with many artists and presenters, a lot of lower thirds are needed in the mix. Also a list of short videos.
The camera mixer is one person, a second person ensures that the videos run at the right time and the Lower thirds with the right person.
For the videolist this can easily be set up in Panel Builder. With the lower thirds is another problem. The list can be seen in the vMix screen but not on the panel builder.

With the panel builder, choices can be made with the up and down key, but I cannot show the title choice.

I would like to make this, so as not to disturb the camera mixer in vMix screen.
Is this possible in the latest version.
mtone  
#471 Posted : Wednesday, August 19, 2020 5:31:13 PM(UTC)
mtone

Was thanked: 20 time(s) in 19 post(s)
i wonder would it be possible to add NDI preview abilities to this app ?
raugert  
#472 Posted : Thursday, August 20, 2020 10:26:33 PM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

@ Yvo.Hx

Panel Builder uses the API XML to derive it's information. Unfortunately, the complete title preset information is not included in the API. However the "currently selected" title information is provided. I might be able to add a window that shows the fields in the currently selected title, but you would still have to use the Up/Down keys to choose the title.

@mtone

I will look into the NDI possibility.
Yvo.Hx  
#473 Posted : Friday, August 21, 2020 5:36:29 PM(UTC)
Yvo.Hx

Raugert,

I would be happy with your idea.

In the script of the show, the order of titles and videos is known and are already in the correct order. Having the selected title shown on the panel is a reassurance that the correct one has been chosen.

I think it's a fantastic program and fun to use.

oh, yes one more thing.
What I still experience is that when saving the same Filename, a double extension is added to the filename. That's inconvenient, right.
I am full of expectation of the adjustment.

Have a nice day
Yvo
Joeboe  
#474 Posted : Friday, August 21, 2020 6:58:29 PM(UTC)
Joeboe

Originally Posted by: raugert Go to Quoted Post
@ Yvo.Hx

I might be able to add a window that shows the fields in the currently selected title, but you would still have to use the Up/Down keys to choose the title.

Wow...that would be such a great addition....I already enjoy the video list, so a title list would be like great music to my ears......

@mtone

I will look into the NDI possibility.
.......This would be fantastic...

EWS-Jeffrey  
#475 Posted : Tuesday, August 25, 2020 12:40:42 AM(UTC)
EWS-Jeffrey

Hong Kong

How can I do a Sync to Tablet over the internet with ddns?
My Panel Builder is in a virtual machine in AWS and I want to do a sync to Tablet.
Many thanks!
raugert  
#476 Posted : Tuesday, August 25, 2020 11:23:43 PM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

Syncing to Tablet is designed to be done from a computer on a local network. I would recommend that your remote user install the Panel Builder app on his/her computer and sync from their local network. The template can be designed by another user and sent to the end user if you wish.

It sounds like you are installing/using Panel Builder from your virtual machine on AWS ? Ideally, Panel Builder should be installed on your local computer with the vMix IP in the preferences set to your DDNS address.

Richard
Leonbeas  
#477 Posted : Tuesday, September 1, 2020 2:29:16 AM(UTC)
Leonbeas

Mexico

Hi there, amazing work.

I hope you can help me I just can't manage to get the tablet to sync with the desktop software.
The Android app connects with vMIX,and the green arrow icons are ok.

But I cant get to sync to the app and load the panels.

I have put the numbers like asked, also selected the right folder win 64.

But no success.

I'm on latest vMIX and on Latest windows 10 all updates applied.

THANKS
raugert  
#478 Posted : Tuesday, September 1, 2020 6:07:46 AM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

Hi Leonbeas

When you set the Panel Builder Desktop app to 'Sync to tablet', you should get an IP address that shows up in a popup window. Make sure that you enter that IP into the 'Host IP' field in the preference setting of the Panel Builder app on your tablet. The files that you want to sync from the Desktop version must be in the 'Default User Folder' as entered in the 'Prefs'.

regards,
Richard

EDIT: Also make sure that you design your panel using the "New Tablet" . Only tablet templates (.vmpbx) will sync up.
Leonbeas  
#479 Posted : Thursday, September 3, 2020 1:32:04 AM(UTC)
Leonbeas

Mexico

Originally Posted by: raugert Go to Quoted Post
Hi Leonbeas

When you set the Panel Builder Desktop app to 'Sync to tablet', you should get an IP address that shows up in a popup window. Make sure that you enter that IP into the 'Host IP' field in the preference setting of the Panel Builder app on your tablet. The files that you want to sync from the Desktop version must be in the 'Default User Folder' as entered in the 'Prefs'.

regards,
Richard

EDIT: Also make sure that you design your panel using the "New Tablet" . Only tablet templates (.vmpbx) will sync up.

Thanks, yes all that was done several times with no success, any other thing I might be missing?
raugert  
#480 Posted : Thursday, September 3, 2020 2:49:34 AM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

@Leanbeas,

Can you Email me your template file at info@studio793.ca. There may be something preventing sync. We can continue to troubleshoot offline.

Thanks,
Richard

EDIT: It's possible that the computer you want to sync from is displaying the wrong IP in the sync window if it is not connected to the internet. You could check the IP from the command prompt and typing ipconfig. That would confirm the IP address...