logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

5 Pages<1234>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Le-bo2d9  
#21 Posted : Sunday, May 3, 2020 4:25:14 AM(UTC)
Le-bo2d9

Groups: Registered
Belgium

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Hi Richard,

I found your litle program, I was wondering if this can used for instant replays also?

Kind regards.
Koen Deschepper

raugert  
#22 Posted : Sunday, May 3, 2020 8:34:25 AM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

Was thanked: 309 time(s) in 176 post(s)
The app is designed for videos only. We'll see where vMIx version 24 goes with the new Replay features... It may be possible in the future..
smudge1977  
#23 Posted : Thursday, May 14, 2020 6:00:59 AM(UTC)
smudge1977

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Richard

Great litle app

Two points - if you do something in vMix settings where it needs to restart you program hangs and does not pick up again when vMix goes off line for a second or two.

Would be great if the title name was a drop down of xaml / GT inputs - minor

Would be great if there is a command line or ini that remembers the last settings - then you can just put it in starup with vMix and everything just works - great when making systems for not so technical people to use!

Fab program and saved me a couple of days to quickly bodge together somethig for what i needed - thanks for sharing

Keith
raugert  
#24 Posted : Monday, May 18, 2020 12:10:09 AM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

@smudge1977

Thanks for the feedback. I'll see what I can do for the next update.

cheers,
Richard
thanks 1 user thanked raugert for this useful post.
avsoundguy on 7/5/2020(UTC)
HJM1  
#25 Posted : Friday, August 14, 2020 9:46:20 PM(UTC)
HJM1

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hello Richard,

Thanks for your great program. We are using it every week in our live broadcast.

The suggestion from Smudge1977 would be great because every time when we startup de vMix computers we have to fill de IP and gtzip filename.
Hopefully you will try to get this more easier.

Thanks
raugert  
#26 Posted : Saturday, August 15, 2020 1:57:36 AM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

Updated version v6 in first post.

Fields will populate with last used.

cheers,
Richard
raugert  
#27 Posted : Saturday, August 15, 2020 3:59:54 AM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

PLEASE NOTE:

If you have downloaded the app in the past 2 hours, please download it again.

- I have added an auto-connect feature upon launching the app so that it's not necessary to hit enter in the IP field.
- It will also reconnect when vMix goes offline temporarily.

sorry for the confusion,
Richard
HJM1  
#28 Posted : Saturday, August 15, 2020 7:26:20 PM(UTC)
HJM1

Thank you very much, this is a lot easier to work with. It works perfectly .....
Thank you for the quick fix
dcode  
#29 Posted : Monday, August 17, 2020 9:32:17 AM(UTC)
dcode

United States

Richard, Thank you very much for this app. I used it for the first time in today's production and it was flawless!

One feature request...

Could you add a feature to remove the Hours from the time elements when it appears in the Title xaml? Or alternatively, maybe a way to remove leading zeros from time elements in the Title? When I'm overlaying the title, I'd like to only show minutes and seconds in order to make it look cleaner.

Thanks!

EDIT: Nevermind on the feature request, unless you have time. I found an alternative way of doing it in GT Title Designer by using its X0 Crop feature.
HJM1  
#30 Posted : Tuesday, August 18, 2020 7:15:22 PM(UTC)
HJM1

We have two vMix computers, one of which is the main computer (vMix-1). We have a clip running on vMix-1. On vMix-2 I start the Timecode v6 and see timecode running. When I try to load the gtzip file I see no time, only Remaining. What am I doing wrong here? What strikes me is that the file name is with lowercase instead of capital letter, but if I change the filename to lowercase it doesn't work either.
raugert  
#31 Posted : Thursday, August 20, 2020 12:25:25 AM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

Hi HJM1

I'm not exactly sure if I understand what you are trying to do, but I'm assuming that you want to read the Timecode from the vMix 1 computer on the vMix 2 computer ?

You should be able to do that. On your vMix2 - computer enter the IP of the of vMix 2 computer in the (IP of Main computer) field and the IP of the vMix 1 computer in the (secondary vMix) computer field.

The way the app works is that the IP of the "Main" computer is actually where you want to send the Timecode "to" the title file and the secondary IP is where you want to get the timecode "from". In your case, the vMix2 computer becomes the "Main" (where you want to send the Timecode) and vMix1 is the secondary (this is where you read the timecode from)

I'm not sure if that's clear.. or if I actually answered your question. Feel free to reply.

cheers,
Richard
HJM1  
#32 Posted : Thursday, August 20, 2020 11:50:45 PM(UTC)
HJM1

Richard,

Because of Corona we are not able to be in de studio. I try on my laptop with vMix and run a clip without starting the timecode app I see on my mac the timecode from this clip.

When i start Timecode v6 on my laptop and fill the main IP the timecode is running but if i load your Timecode.gtzip i don't see the time only the text. I have try all kind of settings but result.

What can be the problem?
HJM1  
#33 Posted : Saturday, August 22, 2020 12:01:51 AM(UTC)
HJM1

Hello Richard,

I tink i found out that the problem i see has to do with the Uppercase or lowercase in the .gtzip file.

If i load via "add input" the "Timecode.gtzip" file, it comes with "timecode.gtzip"in the list of "Title/XAML" with lowercase. If i change in the "Pref" file the uppercase to lowercase it works fine.

Hopefully you can solve this small error....

Regards, Henk
stigaard  
#34 Posted : Saturday, August 22, 2020 5:15:53 AM(UTC)
stigaard

Man
Denmark

Was thanked: 100 time(s) in 79 post(s)
Hi Richard.

It seems like the url shorten service that you use - cli.re are considered as a potential security treat by the ISP I am using "This site is blocked due to a security threat.".
Don't know if others also experience the same issue.

Perhaps you should try use another service, letting people not be in doubt of the download.
jpratchett  
#35 Posted : Wednesday, August 26, 2020 1:59:58 AM(UTC)
jpratchett

Man

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Thank you for creating this app. Its so helpful.
What would be good is if we could use it whilst still having a password enabled on the vmix web interface.
I need a password to prevent callers from accessing anything other than the shortcuts, but this prevents your app from connecting.

Thanks again

Jon
raugert  
#36 Posted : Wednesday, August 26, 2020 4:40:59 AM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

Hi Jon,

I haven't tested with password on web interface but I think you can select which tasks require the password (page 130 of user guide). I believe if you check off the "API" choice in the web interface, it would bypass the password requirement for the app.

Sorry, I couldn't test it for you as my vMix computer is off site at the moment. Let me know if it works for you.

Richard
smaney  
#37 Posted : Friday, September 4, 2020 5:10:13 PM(UTC)
smaney

Australia

Richard, this is perfect for what I was looking at doing from my post in Facebook.

My only question is if we can increase the font size to make it really easy to see. We currently use MultiPlay which allows us to have the time half the size of the screen if we want. It would be nice if we could do that in this little gem.
raugert  
#38 Posted : Friday, September 4, 2020 11:36:05 PM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

Hi smaney,

You can edit the Timecode.gtzip file to suit your needs. As long as you keep the names of the timecode fields the same (Position, Duration and Remaining). Any other fields or objects can be added or modified at will. Here's an example.

cheers,
Richard

TimecodeLarge.gtzip (35kb) downloaded 44 time(s).
smaney  
#39 Posted : Thursday, September 10, 2020 2:26:42 PM(UTC)
smaney

Australia

I'm sorry but I'm having difficulty with getting this to work properly. I'm obviously missing something simple but if I had hair i'd be pulling it our.

I can start the timecode reader and enter the IP address ect and it works fine. I can see it and I see the times displayed. I have downloaded the "Large" format you sent but everything is exactly the same. It appears to only see the initial sized display.

I opened it in the GT Designer and can see the size difference and it's operfect for what I want. How do I get your script to see the TimecodeLage.gtzip file? (or any other design if I change it)

Cheers, Scott.
raugert  
#40 Posted : Thursday, September 10, 2020 3:15:58 PM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

Hi Scott,

If I understand correctly, I think you might be only using the app's window for monitoring/displaying the Timecode ? In which case the .gtzip file has no bearing..

The Timecode Reader app essentially has 2 functions.

1. You can read the timecode directly on the app itself. The size of the display is fixed as such. The .gtzip file has no bearing in this case.

2. When you specify a .gtzip file, you can send the timecode to a "Title" input in vMix, which you can then use as an overlay or send it to a Video Output etc.. This is where the Timecode.gtzip or TimecodeLarge.gtzip or any modified .gtzip file would be used. In this case it's important that the "Title" name you use in vMix must match the "Filename of XAML Title" in the Timecode Reader app.

Sorry, I'm not sure if that's what your looking for... or are you looking for a larger display on the app itself ?