logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
robocox  
#1 Posted : Saturday, July 18, 2020 10:49:23 AM(UTC)
robocox

Groups: Registered
Cayman Islands

Forum,
My church just obtained a Behringer X32 soundboard. Can anyone tell me what I need to get a feed of the output from the X32 into VMix on my Windows 10 PC? Please let me know what settings, drivers etc I would need to see the output from the X32 as an Audio input in VMix.

Thanks,
Rob.
andser  
#2 Posted : Saturday, July 18, 2020 6:45:58 PM(UTC)
andser

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
There are multiple options available:
1. Using native usb directly from your X32 to your PC - download drivers from Behringer support site
2. Using Live interface on X32 linked to your PC - download X-Live software/drivers from Behringer support site
3. Using networked mac priority network with X32 Dante interface - Virtual Dante sound card from Audinate (not free)

In all cases there will be a leaning curve with regards to X32 setup, signal routing, scenes, presets, recording, etc.

In short - your setup will differ based on the approach and connectivity you choose. As an example - I am relying entirely on Dante networking (not endorsing, nor affiliated with) with 2x X32 Rack, 1x X32 Console, 3x SD16, 1x S32; all feeding to AKD160D drivers with Apart COLW101 and IQ 100 Ultranet for special gigs; where audio from all X32's is mixed in Vmix with Dante virtual interface (ASIO format).

Regards,

Andy
thanks 1 user thanked andser for this useful post.
robocox on 7/18/2020(UTC)
robocox  
#3 Posted : Saturday, July 18, 2020 9:31:34 PM(UTC)
robocox

Cayman Islands

Hello Andy,
thanks for your quick reply, this is helpful and confirms what I suspected. Configuring the X32 is outside my scope - I leave that to the sound guy. I've read a bit about the Dante networking option but that requires a new card in the X32 so I can't pursue that one. But I will definitely try the native USB from the X32 - I have already downloaded both the X-LIVE and X-USB drivers from Behringer. Hope this works.
Thanks again,
Rob.
andser  
#4 Posted : Sunday, July 19, 2020 12:04:28 AM(UTC)
andser

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Hey Rob,

Best of luck in your setup.
Worth to mention - if you are planning on "stitching" audio and video in Vmix, expect a "lipsync" challenge. Since I'm using mixture of the rtp, rtmp and NDI based on the various sources capabilities I had to build a GPS disciplined stratum clock (NTP) to keep all cats in the basket.
In short - a good time source for system and devices clock sync will be your friend.

Regards,

Andy