logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
guidogast  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, May 20, 2020 5:32:57 AM(UTC)
guidogast

Groups: Registered

Do you want an affordable tally light for your camera, without having to solder yourself? The M5Stick-C by M5Stack comes to the rescue!

For the last week I've been working on this, it is not completely finished yet, but I will not stop until it is really user friendly. Once the project is done, I will upload a comprehensive video tutorial on how to set it up if you've never worked with microcontrollers before. (Including a first time install of the Arduino IDE, since you will have to flash the code to the stick yourself)

You can find my project here: https://github.com/guido-visser/vMix-M5Stick-Tally-Light

An example in GIF form:
Tally Light Example

Please feel free to submit feature requests. If I think the feature will be a valuable to the project, I will consider implementing it.

A huge thank you (Dankjewel! :D) goes out to Thomas Mout for creating his project a year ago, my code is mostly based on his!
dark_ata  
#2 Posted : Thursday, May 21, 2020 2:39:20 AM(UTC)
dark_ata

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 13 post(s)
great, what is the range of the M5StickC? Tomorrow I think I'll order a couple of them to test
guidogast  
#3 Posted : Thursday, May 21, 2020 4:56:51 PM(UTC)
guidogast

Originally Posted by: dark_ata Go to Quoted Post
great, what is the range of the M5StickC? Tomorrow I think I'll order a couple of them to test

Hi dark_ata,

I haven't tested that out. It's a 2.4Ghz signal, so my assumption is that you can go as far as your phone for example. Could you post your findings here on the forum for people in the future?

Thanks in advance!