logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

8 Pages«<23456>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
KJ4AWR  
#61 Posted : Monday, March 28, 2016 8:10:16 PM(UTC)
KJ4AWR

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I found a scaling bug that occured when trying to add a desktop capture/NDI input. The application looks normal until I try and add the input and then the whole program jumps to take 1/5 of the screen in the upper left and is tiny. I have to close/reopen the application again, but when I do the input picker area, as well as the audio mixer are TINY! They are so small it is unusable. I have re-installed the application and still get the scaling issues. This is on two different Surface Pro 4's one a few months old - the other is less than 24 hours old, and has nothing installed but vMix.

I have not been able to duplicate the program taking such a tiny portion of the screen, but the tiny input and audio issue remains.

My thought here is that is that since the Surface has such a high resolution and the default scaling is 200% some elements of the application (including desktop capture application) do not use that scaling properly, and instead use 0% scaling - which makes everything TINY.

The workaround is to modify the scaling to 100-150%, but that messes with other things and is a pain to do everytime I have to run vMix to change the scaling. However, when the scaling is smaller, it is more difficult to use some other things on the screen since that makes everything so much smaller.

Another workaround I have used, but can't every time, is to hook up an external monitor (1080) and run vMix from that display vs my Surface display.
admin  
#62 Posted : Tuesday, March 29, 2016 12:24:35 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4135 time(s) in 1487 post(s)
You should be able to change the surface screen resolution to something like 1920x1080 so you can then set the scaling to 100%.
There are a number of reasons why scaling is not going to work very well with vMix and due to a strange bug in Windows if you select "Local Desktop Capture"
which activates the new high performance desktop capture engine, Windows will revert vMix to no scaling and set a DPI compatibility tick box in the programs properties.
(right click vmix64.exe and go to Properties to change this back)

In the next update I will have to revert the desktop capture to the slower method when scaling is detected, but it is recommended for good performance anyway
to limit the screen resolution of the display to 1920x1080.
corporatejames  
#63 Posted : Tuesday, March 29, 2016 1:59:15 AM(UTC)
corporatejames

Man
Australia

Was thanked: 76 time(s) in 62 post(s)
Hi Martin

I'm getting this error now with latest update with streaming.

FFMPEG.Exited
Report written to "C:\ProgramData\vMix\streaming\streaming 20160328-165352.log"
ffmpeg version 2.8.git Copyright (c) 2000-2015 the FFmpeg developers
built with gcc 4.8.1 (rev2, Built by MinGW-W64 project)
configuration: --enable-gpl --enable-version3 --enable-libx264 --enable-zlib --enable-libfaac --enable-nonfree --cpu=i686 --enable-nvenc
libavutil 55. 2.100 / 55. 2.100
libavcodec 57. 3.100 / 57. 3.100
libavformat 57. 2.100 / 57. 2.100
libavdevice 57. 0.100 / 57. 0.100
libavfilter 6. 9.100 / 6. 9.100
libswscale 4. 0.100 / 4. 0.100
libswresample 2. 0.100 / 2. 0.100
libpostproc 54. 0.100 / 54. 0.100
Guessed Channel Layout for Input Stream #0.1 : stereo
Input #0, dshow, from 'video=vMix Video:audio=vMix Audio':
Duration: N/A, start: 985.876000, bitrate: 1536 kb/s
Stream #0:0: Video: rawvideo (UYVY / 0x59565955), uyvy422, 1280x720, 25 tbr, 10000k tbn, 25 tbc
Stream #0:1: Audio: pcm_s16le, 48000 Hz, 2 channels, s16, 1536 kb/s
[tcp @ 02279600] Port missing in uri
[rtmp @ 0227f460] Cannot open connection tcp://xxxxxxxx.com:0
rtmp://xxxx@xxxxx.com:NSU31/35@a.rtmp.youtube.com/live2/btqr-tsej-vz7j-d6yx: Invalid argument

*Note: I removed the email address account for the stream and replaced with xxxx@xxxx.com

Updated: This was when using custom RTMP but if I use the YOuTube Live and streamkey it connects
by the way the sign up link for youtube is broken and goes to http://www.vmix.com/youtube which does not exist
Tried with Vmix16 working ok. Retried with 17.0.0.67 same bug, I may not have tested the stream this week while playing with new features ;)
But thought I did. Laptop same error when try streaming.
ask  
#64 Posted : Tuesday, March 29, 2016 3:30:56 AM(UTC)
ask

Australia

Was thanked: 199 time(s) in 181 post(s)
admin wrote:
You should be able to change the surface screen resolution to something like 1920x1080 so you can then set the scaling to 100%.
There are a number of reasons why scaling is not going to work very well with vMix and due to a strange bug in Windows if you select "Local Desktop Capture"
which activates the new high performance desktop capture engine, Windows will revert vMix to no scaling and set a DPI compatibility tick box in the programs properties.
(right click vmix64.exe and go to Properties to change this back)

In the next update I will have to revert the desktop capture to the slower method when scaling is detected, but it is recommended for good performance anyway
to limit the screen resolution of the display to 1920x1080.

You can also "Disable Scaling on high DPI settings" Find the vMix exe. Right Click and select Properties. Select Compatablity. Tick "Disable Scaling on high DPI settings" and Select OK. You can use this techinque on any programs that appears out-of-focus on Win10 machines.
admin  
#65 Posted : Tuesday, March 29, 2016 3:55:15 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

corporatejames wrote:

YouTube streaming does not use usernames and passwords so click Advanced in the streaming settings window and remove these.
Perhaps they were entered when using a different streaming provider in the past.

As for the web site URL, as this is a beta, vMix 17 pages on the web site are not going to be ready yet.
thanks 1 user thanked admin for this useful post.
corporatejames on 3/29/2016(UTC)
admin  
#66 Posted : Tuesday, March 29, 2016 3:56:04 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

vMix 17.0.0.70 is now available

Please use the download link at the start of this thread.

Changes and Fixes

* Fixed scaling bug on systems with DPI > 150%
* Fixed font issues with vMix Desktop Capture app on systems with DPI > 150%
corporatejames  
#67 Posted : Tuesday, March 29, 2016 6:04:18 AM(UTC)
corporatejames

Man
Australia

admin wrote:
corporatejames wrote:

YouTube streaming does not use usernames and passwords so click Advanced in the streaming settings window and remove these.
Perhaps they were entered when using a different streaming provider in the past.

As for the web site URL, as this is a beta, vMix 17 pages on the web site are not going to be ready yet.

All good Martin. Thanks. Yeah user name was there from Vmix16 setup. Working after removing it.
No worries about the webpages, just in case you missed it.
KJ4AWR  
#68 Posted : Tuesday, March 29, 2016 9:37:29 AM(UTC)
KJ4AWR

Thank you Martin!

I think I may want to drop my resolution then when running the program so I can keep the higher performance.
Of course that makes sense, and of course the application would run better at a lower resolution not sure why I didn't think about that. Thank you
KJ4AWR  
#69 Posted : Tuesday, March 29, 2016 9:54:28 AM(UTC)
KJ4AWR

Also, running vMix 32 bit (have to for the hdmi capture box). When I go to Local Desktop Capture, I get this error:
Unable to find an entry point named 'GetClassLongPtr' in DLL 'user32.dll'
If it is a limitation of the 32 bit version that is fine, but just wanted to make you aware.

Edit: I did send the error report when it prompted on the error.
richardgatarski  
#70 Posted : Tuesday, March 29, 2016 1:05:59 PM(UTC)
richardgatarski

Was thanked: 292 time(s) in 246 post(s)
Regarding more advanced Titles. I assume the previously announce support for NewBlueFX Live Pro might be replaced by an NDI implementation. Which in that case sort of not allows control from within vMix.
After some research I have found that NewBlueFX has announced Titler Pro Live Ultimate that output to NDI (and alsa can import/export data via .csv).

Their Titler Pro Live Advanced is $499, (and Newtek's LiveText is $995).
madness  
#71 Posted : Tuesday, March 29, 2016 1:18:28 PM(UTC)
madness

Man

Was thanked: 32 time(s) in 29 post(s)
richardgatarski wrote:
Regarding more advanced Titles. I assume the previously announce support for NewBlueFX Live Pro might be replaced by an NDI implementation. Which in that case sort of not allows control from within vMix.
After some research I have found that NewBlueFX has announced Titler Pro Live Ultimate that output to NDI (and alsa can import/export data via .csv).

Their Titler Pro Live Advanced is $499, (and Newtek's LiveText is $995).

Yeah, I was looking into that, but can't justify that kind of money. I can use it as I am with desktop capture just fine. May want to see if I can manipulate it with my midi controller though to advance titles.
JimJacobs  
#72 Posted : Tuesday, March 29, 2016 1:32:22 PM(UTC)
JimJacobs

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Provided it works nicely, it's hard to beat NewBlueFX Titler Pro Live Ultimate with NDI support. It's a true 3D CG where NewTek's LiveText is not. I have LiveText working with vMix with NDI and it's performed flawlessly thus far. If you do sports, add in Kris Garrad's LT Scoreboards plug-in for LiveText and you've got everything you need in a basic CG package to look good. You can also design your own graphics outside of vMix and use the vMix Title add-on to insert scores, clocks, etc. which you can control with shortcuts. This also works nicely. It's how we got started when we first began using vMix for some of our sports telecasts this past fall. I'm excited to see what can actually be done with the NewBlueFX package. at $499 it could be a real game changer in CG.
madness  
#73 Posted : Tuesday, March 29, 2016 2:31:11 PM(UTC)
madness

Man

Was thanked: 32 time(s) in 29 post(s)
JimJacobs wrote:
Provided it works nicely, it's hard to beat NewBlueFX Titler Pro Live Ultimate with NDI support. It's a true 3D CG where NewTek's LiveText is not. I have LiveText working with vMix with NDI and it's performed flawlessly thus far. If you do sports, add in Kris Garrad's LT Scoreboards plug-in for LiveText and you've got everything you need in a basic CG package to look good. You can also design your own graphics outside of vMix and use the vMix Title add-on to insert scores, clocks, etc. which you can control with shortcuts. This also works nicely. It's how we got started when we first began using vMix for some of our sports telecasts this past fall. I'm excited to see what can actually be done with the NewBlueFX package. at $499 it could be a real game changer in CG.

From what I see, the Titler pro Advanced @ $499 does not have NDI capabilities. It is the yet unreleased Ultimate package that is to have the NDI support. It is unknown what the price of that ultimate package will be.
nahumf  
#74 Posted : Tuesday, March 29, 2016 4:02:11 PM(UTC)
nahumf

I am actually able to use Titler Pro 2 Live as an NDI input in vmix.
I was surprised because all over their website it says that the Ultimate edition was going to do that, but it already works.

I go in to vmix to Add an NDI input, titler pro output is there and it's beautiful!
GeorgeR  
#75 Posted : Wednesday, March 30, 2016 1:59:04 AM(UTC)
GeorgeR

Man

Was thanked: 30 time(s) in 28 post(s)
Greetings All,
Short update on vMix17 BETA with NDI from Indiana.
I've been using vMix17 BETA with NDI here for several days now. I've done recordings, life streaming to YouTube, and used vMix Desktop Capture.
I've imported from a second computer; cameras, webpages, imported Skype (same computer), photos, videos and titles and more.
So far, everything I've tried has been smooth as milk. Well except for one glitch caused directly by yours truley.
Happy vMixing To All,
~George
richardgatarski  
#76 Posted : Wednesday, March 30, 2016 7:52:05 AM(UTC)
richardgatarski

Was thanked: 292 time(s) in 246 post(s)
nahumf wrote:
I am actually able to use Titler Pro 2 Live as an NDI input in vmix.
I was surprised because all over their website it says that the Ultimate edition was going to do that, but it already works. I go in to vmix to Add an NDI input, titler pro output is there and it's beautiful!

@nahumf,
Sounds promising, but that does not work for me (Titler Pro 2 Live, v3 demo mode - not Advanced). Do you perhaps have Wirecast installed on the same PC. Or something else that could help me acheiving the same?

@everybody,
In any case, maybe it would be better if we continued Titler related issues in the topic Titler Pro plugin... , where an important "request must be that vmix be able to actively connect to the titler and control the animations and titles from the switching interface".

The current topic is for sorting out bugs and functionality of v17. I am pretty sure that the developer team has their hands full getting a stable version ready at launch date. And maybe new functionality for Title inputs is not within the scope.
ask  
#77 Posted : Wednesday, March 30, 2016 5:34:12 PM(UTC)
ask

Australia

Was thanked: 199 time(s) in 181 post(s)
Marvin wrote:
I try YouTube, but can not sing up, said page not found.
This page is no longer available. Please browse the menu items above to find the page you are looking for.

Just a reminder about this issue. The Signup link in the streamer module takes you to http://www.vmix.com/youtube which doesn't exist.

Regards

Andrew
corporatejames  
#78 Posted : Wednesday, March 30, 2016 5:50:33 PM(UTC)
corporatejames

Man
Australia

ask wrote:
Marvin wrote:
I try YouTube, but can not sing up, said page not found.
This page is no longer available. Please browse the menu items above to find the page you are looking for.

Just a reminder about this issue. The Signup link in the streamer module takes you to http://www.vmix.com/youtube which doesn't exist.

Regards

Andrew

Hi Guys

Just to let you know Martin has not got to the website yet and is concentrating on getting VMix17 ready for NAB.
Here is his reply to my earlier message.

"As for the web site URL, as this is a beta, vMix 17 pages on the web site are not going to be ready yet."

If you already have a YouTube Account and have Streaming enabled you just need to create event (custom) and copy the streamkey.

Regards

James
corporatejames  
#79 Posted : Wednesday, March 30, 2016 5:55:00 PM(UTC)
corporatejames

Man
Australia

Hi Martin

Not sure if asked before, is it possible to have Alpha channel from External2 output via NDI using Vmix?
I tested last night with scoreboard titles etc on the laptop and use them as a overlay on the main computer
but get a black background. Which I understand but not sure if can be done.

Regards

James
canagica  
#80 Posted : Wednesday, March 30, 2016 9:08:44 PM(UTC)
canagica

I'm having an issue whereby I can't select an application window when using local desktop capture anymore (as you can in vMix 16). I tried with both NDI enabled and the local desktop, and all I'm getting is a full desktop display. Anyone else having issues with this? I'm excited to get it to work! Thanks for any suggestions.