logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
neato23  
#1 Posted : Monday, April 29, 2024 4:39:47 AM(UTC)
neato23

Groups: Registered
United States

Trying to give myself a bit of automation here.

My initial goal was to do this with central control.

So in my case we've got a few commercials. We'd like to advance through them playing one at a time. So if I've got a moment in the show I'd like to be able to press a single button and have the commercial play, then the next time I press the button the next commercial in the list plays. Easy.

Central control wasn't advancing to the next time. I suspect that's because of the below though.

In the list I've set a trigger oncompletion nextitem. This works until I hit the end of the list. Is there any way to have the list keep recycling, so if we've got 5 commercials, once 5 have played it starts back at the top of the list?

I thought auto first would accomplish this but that resets to the first in the list each time a video is played, so just plays the same one over and over again.
doggy  
#2 Posted : Monday, April 29, 2024 5:27:23 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 921 time(s) in 760 post(s)
Originally Posted by: neato23 Go to Quoted Post
Trying to give myself a bit of automation here.

My initial goal was to do this with central control.

So in my case we've got a few commercials. We'd like to advance through them playing one at a time. So if I've got a moment in the show I'd like to be able to press a single button and have the commercial play, then the next time I press the button the next commercial in the list plays. Easy.

Central control wasn't advancing to the next time. I suspect that's because of the below though.

In the list I've set a trigger oncompletion nextitem. This works until I hit the end of the list. Is there any way to have the list keep recycling, so if we've got 5 commercials, once 5 have played it starts back at the top of the list?

I thought auto first would accomplish this but that resets to the first in the list each time a video is played, so just plays the same one over and over again.

What if you set the list to loop ? if that doesn't work a script could do it as one can read (and count) the items in the API XML
neato23  
#3 Posted : Monday, April 29, 2024 9:05:41 AM(UTC)
neato23

United States

Originally Posted by: doggy Go to Quoted Post

What if you set the list to loop ? if that doesn't work a script could do it as one can read (and count) the items in the API XML

loop just loops the video over and over again.

I suspected scripting might be able to do this, admittedly I'm not familiar with scripting vMix but it's on my list of things to get into. Fortunately,I do have quite a bit of a programming background.
dmwkr  
#4 Posted : Monday, April 29, 2024 6:23:43 PM(UTC)
dmwkr

Was thanked: 119 time(s) in 108 post(s)
Start a script OnTransitionOut that

- checks current name of list item (A)
- goes to next item
- checks new name of list item (B)
- if A=B goes to first item
nikosman88  
#5 Posted : Monday, April 29, 2024 7:40:40 PM(UTC)
nikosman88

Greece

Was thanked: 53 time(s) in 50 post(s)
Originally Posted by: neato23 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: doggy Go to Quoted Post

loop just loops the video over and over again.

I suspected scripting might be able to do this, admittedly I'm not familiar with scripting vMix but it's on my list of things to get into. Fortunately,I do have quite a bit of a programming background.

Hello. There is allready a script that does this you need. https://forums.vmix.com/...t--Like-Array#post109783
Thanks to Doggy