logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages123>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
admin  
#1 Posted : Monday, January 23, 2023 3:13:17 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4135 time(s) in 1487 post(s)
vMix 26 has been released!

Visit the download page below to download and view all the changes:

http://www.vmix.com/software/download.aspx

Feedback

Please report any bugs or questions in this thread.

Thanks,

Martin
vMix
thanks 8 users thanked admin for this useful post.
gpdipalmerahtimur on 1/23/2023(UTC), doggy on 1/23/2023(UTC), QuiapoChurch on 1/23/2023(UTC), Peter Berglund on 1/23/2023(UTC), nikosman88 on 1/24/2023(UTC), xun on 1/24/2023(UTC), avsoundguy on 1/24/2023(UTC), eduardocfs on 1/25/2023(UTC)
Gunnar  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, January 24, 2023 2:42:54 AM(UTC)
Gunnar

Groups: Registered
Sweden

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hi Martin.

A have been tested Mixinputs a lot now.

It's very useful, but ther is one problem with the nubering of Mixinputs.
In shortcuts they are numberd 1 to 16.
In the API listings http://127.0.0.1:8088/API they are numberd 2 to 16. (the main mix is number 1)

But in API Funktion they are numbered 0 to15

f.ex. the first one
API.Function("Preview",Mix:=0, Input:="Mytestinput) ... Corresponds to number1

And the last is number
API.Function("Preview",Mix:=15, Input:="Mytestinput)

I can handle it in my Visual studio scripting but it's very confusing for a beginner.

Have a nice day.

/Gunnar
from Vårgårda Sweden

Mixinouts.jpg (59kb) downloaded 15 time(s).
thanks 2 users thanked Gunnar for this useful post.
Hypohamish on 1/24/2023(UTC), Jeffry_Ghost on 2/4/2023(UTC)
kmedia  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, January 24, 2023 8:31:13 AM(UTC)
kmedia

United States

After the update, vMix would start loading a project file but crash seconds later, without showing any error messages. If anyone is having a similar issue: check your audio plugin licenses. Even though nothing changed on our PC except the vMix update, something affected the link between Waves and vMix. To fix it, just open Waves Central > Settings > click Repair, and then Clear Central Cache. Everything worked smoothly afterward.
Hypohamish  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, January 24, 2023 10:31:55 PM(UTC)
Hypohamish

United Kingdom

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Gunnar Go to Quoted Post
Hi Martin.

A have been tested Mixinputs a lot now.

It's very useful, but ther is one problem with the nubering of Mixinputs.
In shortcuts they are numberd 1 to 16.
In the API listings http://127.0.0.1:8088/API they are numberd 2 to 16. (the main mix is number 1)

But in API Funktion they are numbered 0 to15

f.ex. the first one
API.Function("Preview",Mix:=0, Input:="Mytestinput) ... Corresponds to number1

And the last is number
API.Function("Preview",Mix:=15, Input:="Mytestinput)

I can handle it in my Visual studio scripting but it's very confusing for a beginner.

Have a nice day.

/Gunnar
from Vårgårda Sweden

+1 for this - it was already a bit of a nightmare before 26 when trying to match up 4 mixes (with shortcuts/API having different numbers, so scripts & using something like Companion have to always be one out from each other).

I swear I had seen this exact thing mentioned in the 26 pre-release/beta thread, so I'm surprised it hasn't been corrected yet. It really needs to be more uniform. I imagine the easiest fix surely has to be adding the main mix as '0' in shortcuts etc?
admin  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, January 25, 2023 1:54:35 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

Software development generally uses 0 as the starting index.
The vMix API follows this convention.

User interfaces on the other hand generally uses 1 as the starting index.
vMix also tries to follow this convention.

At this point, there is no way to "fix" this without causing even more chaos for existing users, so I would suggest for things like scripting
to use mix variables with the UI number, and then always subtract one when inputting into functions.

thanks 2 users thanked admin for this useful post.
scanscan on 1/25/2023(UTC), eduardocfs on 1/25/2023(UTC)
gpdipalmerahtimur  
#6 Posted : Friday, January 27, 2023 7:09:00 PM(UTC)
gpdipalmerahtimur

Indonesia

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Hi Martin,

Just noticing we have performance issue when using Blur Effect with Virtual Input, it is very laggy and the render performance is above 300ms. When the Virtual Input removed (Effect only applies to Original Input), the render is only 10ms. Is this normal? Is there probably a Render Loop when we Add a Virtual Input with Blur Effect?

Note:
LUT is not having the issue, only Blur.
admin  
#7 Posted : Friday, January 27, 2023 7:59:08 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

Most likely the graphics card is not fast enough.
A high end GPU is required for blur, generally a 3050 or faster is recommended if you need 2x HD inputs (including virtual) to need a blur.

You can check GPU usage in Windows Task Manager.
thanks 1 user thanked admin for this useful post.
eduardocfs on 1/31/2023(UTC)
fenki86  
#8 Posted : Friday, January 27, 2023 8:36:24 PM(UTC)
fenki86

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 9 post(s)
In the Title-Folder I have various Folders including Titles. In Version 25 they've shown in vMix under a separate Tab (Register-Card) in Add-Input/Titles. In Version 26 they just show in the Tab "All".
thanks 1 user thanked fenki86 for this useful post.
virtualzeejay on 7/5/2023(UTC)
eug  
#9 Posted : Sunday, January 29, 2023 11:10:37 AM(UTC)
eug

Australia

How does vMix 26's new multi-track SRT audio support differ to the old multi-channel audio support?

I've had issues with the old multi-channel method where 8 channels of audio can work fine for an hour then suddenly go out of sync with the video, and with an added stutter. Stopping and restarting the SRT output on the sending side usually fixes it.

I'm wondering if the new multi-track feature will improve the reliability.
nicademus  
#10 Posted : Sunday, January 29, 2023 2:20:11 PM(UTC)
nicademus

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Just an FYI - and maybe just checking - vmix.com not working in browser - Can download if going to Download URL instead, but Update portion of VMIX itself seems to rely on hitting https://vmix.com and fails to check version.

Could just be my end...but just wanted to advise just in case you have a DNS/Proxy issue.

Regards
richardgatarski  
#11 Posted : Monday, January 30, 2023 6:17:02 AM(UTC)
richardgatarski

Was thanked: 292 time(s) in 246 post(s)
First of all, thanks for the update! :D Lot's of new goodies.

[EDIT: I apologize for that I initially did not understand that "Position dropbox" implies this new feature only applies to that particular setting in vMix. So my remarks below are mostly not really valid. But I leave them as they were in the hope that they address some related issues]

One of these is "Input names now appear in Input Settings - Position dropdown". A huge step forward, but causes a little bit of confusion on my end.

To begin with, it seems only to be true in some cases (e.g. when adding the SetOutputFullscreen shortcut) but not in Settings/Outputs or the Fullscreen dropdown on the main menu. (Anyone who knows me I would love to have it there, combined with a checkbox for "Assign Shortcut to Input number").

Furthermore, and maybe this is an old issue that I have not thought about before. When setting the shortcut SetOutputFullscreen it is possible to select an Input (with number and name), deselect "Assign Shortcut to Input number", AND specify another input by its name in the Value field. Seems the latter is ignored, but it would be logical if the Value field was dimmed in the new scheme of things.

On a side note, on the much improved Web help: /help still redirects to /help26 (but maybe that's with a purpose).

cheers,

/richard
STADIORADIO  
#12 Posted : Monday, January 30, 2023 7:53:49 PM(UTC)
STADIORADIO

Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I would like to report a small bug that has been present for some time. I use instant replay on one camera only. Often during the live broadcast I happen to create a copy of a clip, perhaps a goal in a minor cut with a duration of seconds. To distinguish the two files I rename them for example "gol 0-1" and then the shorter version "gol 0-1 cut". Maybe I do the same thing for "goal 1-1" etc etc. What is the problem? If I go to select the renamed files to copy them on a second page (instant replay has 20 pages) and for example I copy the two files on page two, the name copied on page two is changed bringing the two files back with the same name.

sorry for my english, i used google translate :-)
Ethan Cole  
#13 Posted : Monday, January 30, 2023 11:16:54 PM(UTC)
Ethan Cole

Italy

The current shortcut limit is 300, do you have plan to have more than this?

Thank you
fenki86  
#14 Posted : Friday, February 3, 2023 5:14:34 PM(UTC)
fenki86

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Originally Posted by: fenki86 Go to Quoted Post
In the Title-Folder I have various Folders including Titles. In Version 25 they've shown in vMix under a separate Tab (Register-Card) in Add-Input/Titles. In Version 26 they just show in the Tab "All".

Is there a chance to get back the Register-Cards for the Title-Folders?
thanks 1 user thanked fenki86 for this useful post.
virtualzeejay on 7/5/2023(UTC)
Peter Berglund  
#15 Posted : Friday, February 3, 2023 7:21:19 PM(UTC)
Peter Berglund

Man
Sweden

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 4 post(s)
THANK YOU vMix team for adding the Alpha effect in 26.0.0.36!!!

:)
/Peter
svenvv  
#16 Posted : Sunday, February 5, 2023 10:56:18 AM(UTC)
svenvv

Netherlands

When upgrading to 26 from 25 we hit the following gremlin:

In GT titles, any text that either wraps or isn't justified to top breaks as long as the new 'Line Spacing %' value isn't set in title designer.
JAYovr  
#17 Posted : Sunday, February 5, 2023 11:19:57 AM(UTC)
JAYovr

Australia

Originally Posted by: svenvv Go to Quoted Post

In GT titles, any text that either wraps or isn't justified to top breaks as long as the new 'Line Spacing %' value isn't set in title designer.

What appears to be happening is that when you import a GT Title made in 25 or earlier, it's setting an underflowing line height when it gets read, so anything multiline, or requiring shrink, or bottom or middle vertically aligned will effectively have a line height of several thousand percent.

The current fix is to go through your GT titles with version GT Title Designer 26 and adjusting your line height on each text source, then saving and reloading in VMix.
admin  
#18 Posted : Sunday, February 5, 2023 12:31:10 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

Originally Posted by: JAYovr Go to Quoted Post

What appears to be happening is that when you import a GT Title made in 25 or earlier, it's setting an underflowing line height when it gets read, so anything multiline, or requiring shrink, or bottom or middle vertically aligned will effectively have a line height of several thousand percent.

The current fix is to go through your GT titles with version GT Title Designer 26 and adjusting your line height on each text source, then saving and reloading in VMix.

Hi All,

I am not able to replicate this behaviour. Do you have a sample title you can upload that demonstrates this issue?
I have tried multi-line, justified, bottom align, and auto-size by height templates in vMix 25, and they load the same in 26.

Regards,

Martin
vMix
svenvv  
#19 Posted : Monday, February 6, 2023 3:38:59 AM(UTC)
svenvv

Netherlands

Originally Posted by: admin Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: JAYovr Go to Quoted Post

L3Social.gtzip (50kb) downloaded 6 time(s). titles.png (71kb) downloaded 0 time(s).

Hi All,

I am not able to replicate this behaviour. Do you have a sample title you can upload that demonstrates this issue?
I have tried multi-line, justified, bottom align, and auto-size by height templates in vMix 25, and they load the same in 26.

Regards,

Martin
vMix

Hi Martin

Please see the attached title for an example.

On the screenshot, the top picture is how it's supposed to look (bar the fact that the right fonts aren't installed on that machine) and taken in the last vmix 25. The bottom picture is how vmix 26.0.0.36 handles the same title.

Best Regards,
Sven
admin  
#20 Posted : Monday, February 6, 2023 12:27:07 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

Thanks,

The line spacing issue appears to be limited to PSD imports which use a different line spacing calculation method, prior to GT formally supporting it.
This has now been fixed in 26.0.0.37 by supporting both line spacing methods.