logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

7 Pages«<4567>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
greggibson  
#101 Posted : Wednesday, October 18, 2023 7:18:59 AM(UTC)
greggibson

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 25 time(s) in 17 post(s)
Originally Posted by: WaltG12 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: admin Go to Quoted Post
When you add multiple Zoom inputs, these will default to the first participant only and will connect retrieve the raw feed for that participant once regardless.
When you right click inputs and change the participant, only then will it request that feed, and disconnect from any it no longer needs.

Maybe I'm unique, in that I'm "one man banding" vMix as host and producer, but is there any chance there can be a Settings option to change this behavior to fill in the inputs as people join? Even if it doesn't ignore users with no video/audio, that would still be a lot easier than needing to manually select participants, as I'm extremely limited in what manipulations I can make with a mouse on show days, with everything else I have to handle.

That combined with a vMix shortcut to end the meeting (when joined as host) would make this a lot easier to use for those of us wearing all the hats.

Needing to manually select participants makes this a non-starter for my workflow, unfortunately.

I one man band a lot myself and manually selecting participants has never been an issue. I can't see letting the inputs populate with random people as they log in being a solution. Your inputs need order, otherwise how would you create any multilayer inputs and have the correct arrangement of people on it. Not to mention you would need to create way more inputs than needed. Most of us doing Zoom productions have non-participant staff logged into the sessions as well, so there are often a lot more people logged into a production meeting than just the actual speakers.

Greg
RichDanby  
#102 Posted : Wednesday, October 18, 2023 7:29:59 AM(UTC)
RichDanby

United Kingdom

Was thanked: 26 time(s) in 24 post(s)
Apologies, but unfortunately due to this limitation the 1000 series will not be able to be used with HEVC as we had hoped.
The minimum requirements will need to be changed to 2000 series or higher (specifically RTX cards)

Just for info really but I've been using a 1060 laptop to stream HEVC over RTMP to YouTube from OBS this year (content coming via NDI from vMix obviously) and it has worked well. I'll switch to streaming straight from vMix but I just wanted to say the 1060 encoder has worked ok.

thanks 1 user thanked RichDanby for this useful post.
doggy on 10/18/2023(UTC)
WaltG12  
#103 Posted : Wednesday, October 18, 2023 8:43:34 AM(UTC)
WaltG12

United States

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 24 post(s)
Originally Posted by: greggibson Go to Quoted Post
I one man band a lot myself and manually selecting participants has never been an issue.

I don't have access to the interface to do it, so, for me, it would be.

I can't see letting the inputs populate with random people as they log in being a solution.

Perhaps don't invite random people to your Zoom meeting. ;)

In all sincerity, this is why I suggested it being an option, not the default or only behavior.

So those who need it, like me, can do it, while those who don't won't have to worry about it.

Your inputs need order, otherwise how would you create any multilayer inputs and have the correct arrangement of people on it.

My inputs and my guests both have order. Coordinating who logs in when isn't difficult when you're in control of your program and programming Mix inputs to switch who's in what place is also doable on the rare occasion something needs to be changed.

Not to mention you would need to create way more inputs than needed. Most of us doing Zoom productions have non-participant staff logged into the sessions as well, so there are often a lot more people logged into a production meeting than just the actual speakers.

That's not "one man band". That's having a bunch of production staff behind the scenes.

No, I'd need just as many inputs as I have participants, because, as I already said before, I'm one man banding this. Everything production related is done by me, and me alone.

Audio? Me.

Video switching? Me.

Multiview alignment? Me.

Guest booking and onboarding? Me.

Hosting? Me.

I have to do it all and clicking around with the mouse is simply not an option. I don't even have the interface in front of me because I have a lot of things I need to monitor.

Frankly, I don't understand why you're arguing with me.

Me having the option I need to be able to use this feature in my production and drop screen capture with mixed audio wouldn't have any impact on your life or workflow.

You don't need this or think it would be detrimental to your production because you aren't jugging a million different things at once come showtime? Fine, don't enable it.

But on the Fun Time Live Show, they said they wanted feedback on how the features were implemented and how people are (or aren't) using them.

That's what I'm offering, just like how you're saying you need a summation of the meeting audio, not just ISOs. The difference is that you're mildly inconvenienced, while I flat out can't take advantage of the new feature, because anything that requires manual selection and clicking simply cannot be used with my workflow.

What Martin, et al do with those requests & that feedback is up to them, but you don't see me insisting you don't need the thing you requested, so I'd appreciate the same courtesy.

sinc747  
#104 Posted : Wednesday, October 18, 2023 9:15:43 AM(UTC)
sinc747

Man
United States

Was thanked: 197 time(s) in 163 post(s)
Ok, last one for the day, I promise.

It would be nice if there was a way in the Zoom integration to change the Video and Audio sources going into Zoom while the meeting is in session. So if you needed to change video from Output 1 to Output 2 or similar. Or perhaps change audio from BUS A to BUS B? The camera and audio inputs in Zoom are usually easy to change so I would assume this is available in the SDK?

It would also be nice if there was a way to designate co-hosts when hosting the meeting via vMix.

Thanks,

Greg

Hi Greg,

Is this a Feature Request???

We know where these belong, don't we. :)

- Tom
TFMG  
#105 Posted : Wednesday, October 18, 2023 9:21:59 AM(UTC)
TFMG

Australia

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
vMix 27.0.0.44 Beta Released!

https://cdn.vmix.com/download/vmix27preview.exe
https://www.vmix.com/zoomplugindownload

Changes

* Fixed issue with Zoom audio when buses C-G are enabled.
* %/db tooltip now activates when using shortcuts on faders in addition to the mouse.

Audio Experiments

We thought we might enable some new audio features we have been tinkering with to get your feedback:

* Audio Bus Manager -> Found in the hamburger menu. Allow setting buses on/off for all inputs in one place.
* Bus Mixer -> Control Input volumes for each Bus independently
* PFL Mode -> Enable PFL mode on inputs to change Solo to monitor prior to the fader being applied.

Further information is available in the documentation.
https://www.vmix.com/help27/

BUS MIXER!! This is going to improve life for our commentators beyond measure! Great stuff vMix team!

admin  
#106 Posted : Wednesday, October 18, 2023 12:24:40 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4166 time(s) in 1497 post(s)
A reminder, this thread is not for feature requests, even for suggested changes to 27 features, only for bug reports at this time.

Thanks,

Martin
vMix
thanks 2 users thanked admin for this useful post.
greggibson on 10/18/2023(UTC), sinc747 on 10/19/2023(UTC)
ask  
#107 Posted : Wednesday, October 18, 2023 12:54:12 PM(UTC)
ask

Australia

Was thanked: 199 time(s) in 181 post(s)
Originally Posted by: kross Go to Quoted Post
This last update completely whacked all my settings, including a long list of shortcuts and activators.

I'm hoping they are still intact somewhere on my computer, and perhaps if I revert to 27.0.0.38 they will come back.

Have been testing this. Current build (.44) seems to retain the shortcuts OK. However, the "C" audio bus appears to have dropped off. Anyone else see this?

Andrew

ask  
#108 Posted : Wednesday, October 18, 2023 1:16:05 PM(UTC)
ask

Australia

Was thanked: 199 time(s) in 181 post(s)
.44 build. The Quick Play transition button in Basic mode seems to have disapeared.
admin  
#109 Posted : Wednesday, October 18, 2023 2:31:59 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

Shows up fine here, double check your settings as maybe you have it turned off under Settings -> Options -> Transition.

It is important to double check with vMix 26 before posting bug reports here for things like this, as we have not changed anything except those in the new features list.
doggy  
#110 Posted : Wednesday, October 18, 2023 4:46:35 PM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 920 time(s) in 759 post(s)
Originally Posted by: RichDanby Go to Quoted Post
Apologies, but unfortunately due to this limitation the 1000 series will not be able to be used with HEVC as we had hoped.
The minimum requirements will need to be changed to 2000 series or higher (specifically RTX cards)

Just for info really but I've been using a 1060 laptop to stream HEVC over RTMP to YouTube from OBS this year (content coming via NDI from vMix obviously) and it has worked well. I'll switch to streaming straight from vMix but I just wanted to say the 1060 encoder has worked ok.

Tried the ffmpeg line from the log with the added option sugested before in here with external to CMD and works fine
spinfold  
#111 Posted : Wednesday, October 18, 2023 4:52:00 PM(UTC)
spinfold

United Kingdom

PFL mode still seems to be mute when the volume fader is at the bottom (minus infinity/0%). Is this intended?

(Raising the level of the fader brings back the audio in PFL, but a true PFL should give you 100% volume regardless of the position of the fader)

spinfold  
#112 Posted : Wednesday, October 18, 2023 5:02:04 PM(UTC)
spinfold

United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: spinfold Go to Quoted Post
PFL mode still seems to be mute when the volume fader is at the bottom (minus infinity/0%). Is this intended?

(Raising the level of the fader brings back the audio in PFL, but a true PFL should give you 100% volume regardless of the position of the fader)

Hmm actually just restarted and now it behaves as it should.

Switching back to AFL mode in the settings still results in PFL mode, however.

I think this is one of those settings which, when changed, needs to force a restart of the software?

Also is there any way (different colour of the S button?) to tell whether something is in PFL or AFL mode when in Solo?
admin  
#113 Posted : Wednesday, October 18, 2023 5:14:37 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

I think this is one of those settings which, when changed, needs to force a restart of the software?

Also is there any way (different colour of the S button?) to tell whether something is in PFL or AFL mode when in Solo?

Note the global PFL setting in Settings -> Audio is an initial "Default" only for new inputs.
You will need to go into existing inputs Audio Settings individually if want to enable it on a per input basis.
admin  
#114 Posted : Wednesday, October 18, 2023 5:28:56 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

Probably should have done this years ago, but we now have a dedicated Beta Discussion forum here:

https://forums.vmix.com/topics/15-Beta-Discussion

This will help track individual discussions and bug reports better.

This particular thread will now be locked and show version updates only from now on.
thanks 6 users thanked admin for this useful post.
spinfold on 10/18/2023(UTC), doggy on 10/18/2023(UTC), monamiga on 10/18/2023(UTC), greggibson on 10/18/2023(UTC), sinc747 on 10/19/2023(UTC), eduardocfs on 11/4/2023(UTC)
spinfold  
#115 Posted : Wednesday, October 18, 2023 5:29:13 PM(UTC)
spinfold

United Kingdom

Note the global PFL setting in Settings -> Audio is an initial "Default" only for new inputs.
You will need to go into existing inputs Audio Settings individually if want to enable it on a per input basis.

Ahh, that makes sense and works for me. Even more important, as it's controllable per input, to have a way of determining whether you're listening to Solo in PFL or AFL mode. A different colour of the activated S button would work (green for AFL as now, red for PFL?)
admin  
#116 Posted : Wednesday, October 18, 2023 6:08:31 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

vMix 27.0.0.45 Beta Released!

Changes

* Added support for the audio "Mix" from Zoom in addition to isolated audio feeds per participant.
This is selected from the right click Audio Source menu.
Note that the Zoom plugin above needs to be downloaded and installed again, otherwise the Mix option will be silent.

* Fixed issue where audio meter on new inputs did not work unless audio settings such as mute/fader were adjusted.
thanks 6 users thanked admin for this useful post.
monamiga on 10/18/2023(UTC), greggibson on 10/18/2023(UTC), sinc747 on 10/19/2023(UTC), cody@raceontexas.com on 10/19/2023(UTC), mgrayeb on 10/25/2023(UTC), eduardocfs on 11/4/2023(UTC)
admin  
#117 Posted : Thursday, October 19, 2023 6:11:12 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

vMix 27.0.0.46 Beta Released!

Changes

* Fix for Layer Designer issues when going out of range
* Removed headphones column from Bus Mixer as it was duplicating existing functionality
* Fixed issue with Solo when input's headphones volume was turned down.
* Tooltips added to Bus names in Audio Bus Manager
* More input filter options added to Audio Bus Manager including categories
* Zoom inputs will now correctly remember the last selected participant in the preset, and restore that selection when they reconnect.
* Added "None" Participant option in Zoom input, which will turn off video (and audio when "Mix" audio source is not selected)
* Zoom inputs will now switch to black when changing to a participant or video/share type that is not currently active for that participant (for example when they have turned off the camera, or are not currently sharing).
thanks 9 users thanked admin for this useful post.
RichDanby on 10/20/2023(UTC), cody@raceontexas.com on 10/20/2023(UTC), avsoundguy on 10/20/2023(UTC), monamiga on 10/20/2023(UTC), jet on 10/21/2023(UTC), Gunnar on 10/21/2023(UTC), nikosman88 on 10/21/2023(UTC), eduardocfs on 10/24/2023(UTC), ask on 10/26/2023(UTC)
admin  
#118 Posted : Monday, October 23, 2023 2:06:56 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

vMix 27.0.0.47 Beta Released!

Changes

* vMix will now default to support High-DPI displays
* Improved audio faders in the mixer to increase performance when moving multiple faders at once via MIDI
* Zoom plugin fixes for where changing the participants across multiple inputs may fail in some situations
* Zoom plugin improvements to support breakout rooms where the breakout rooms are controlled by a separate host and automatically move is enabled by the host
vMix will now detect any movement to different breakout rooms and re-establish the raw feeds.

thanks 12 users thanked admin for this useful post.
greggibson on 10/23/2023(UTC), jet on 10/23/2023(UTC), eduardocfs on 10/24/2023(UTC), cody@raceontexas.com on 10/24/2023(UTC), Gunnar on 10/24/2023(UTC), MickeyMJJ on 10/24/2023(UTC), sinc747 on 10/25/2023(UTC), ask on 10/26/2023(UTC), Claude Beaulé on 10/26/2023(UTC), Hitman007 on 10/28/2023(UTC), sam602 on 11/1/2023(UTC), KJ4AWR on 11/4/2023(UTC)
admin  
#119 Posted : Tuesday, November 7, 2023 4:37:23 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

vMix 27.0.0.49 Beta Released!

Changes

* NEW Participants list in Zoom Manager, create new inputs or assign participants to existing inputs through a right click menu
* NEW Notifications. These appear in the middle of the main vMix window and currently will display when participants join/leave a meeting.
* NEW Original sounds for musicians toggle in Meeting Settings right click menu on Zoom input.
This enables stereo and higher quality audio for the vMix audio that goes out to other Zoom participants, the audio received from participants is still only
controlled by the participant directly in their Zoom app.
* NEW Paste Invite Link option when joining a Zoom meeting.
* Fix for Separate Mono volume faders not working corectly.
* Fix for inaccurate audio meter on inputs
* Can now click Layer number in Input Settings to select layer in designer
* Fix for Layer Designer toolbar showing in random tabs
* Q&A from Webinars was showing as numbers instead of text as expected
thanks 14 users thanked admin for this useful post.
monamiga on 11/7/2023(UTC), stevespaw on 11/8/2023(UTC), sinc747 on 11/8/2023(UTC), cody@raceontexas.com on 11/8/2023(UTC), Gunnar on 11/8/2023(UTC), greggibson on 11/8/2023(UTC), Stavlin on 11/8/2023(UTC), eduardocfs on 11/8/2023(UTC), sam602 on 11/8/2023(UTC), Chircanu on 11/9/2023(UTC), jet on 11/9/2023(UTC), Hitman007 on 11/10/2023(UTC), ask on 11/10/2023(UTC), fgolman on 11/15/2023(UTC)
admin  
#120 Posted : Friday, November 17, 2023 1:39:49 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

vMix 27.0.0.50 Beta Released!

Changes

* Added SetLayerDynamic* shortcuts which will use Layer number from DynamicValue1
* Changed Zoom Setup window with "Connect" and "Save For Later" buttons.
* Added better indicators when a meeting fails due to incorrect or invalid Meeting ID.
* Meeting IDs will now show first in dropdown list in Zoom Setup window.
* Adding multiple Zoom inputs during a Meeting will now take much less time due to no longer needing to check the server each time a new input is added.
* Workaround for latest Intel Graphics drivers missing YV12 support
* Fix for Zoom Manager inputs not matching order in vMix
* Fix for XAML In/Out animations reversed
* Fix for Paste Invite Link where password was not included
* Fixed rare issue where GPU Mem was reporting higher than reality after opening images in the Video input
* Fixed issue where Key/Fill would prevent Effects from working
* Fixed issue where Effects would not render correctly when opening a Video input from a preset
* Fixed issue where Zoom - Original sound for musicians did not turn off Echo Cancellation
thanks 13 users thanked admin for this useful post.
sam602 on 11/17/2023(UTC), Hitman007 on 11/17/2023(UTC), papaswan on 11/17/2023(UTC), doggy on 11/17/2023(UTC), jf_blanco on 11/17/2023(UTC), eduardocfs on 11/17/2023(UTC), RayyxP on 11/18/2023(UTC), nikosman88 on 11/18/2023(UTC), monamiga on 11/19/2023(UTC), greggibson on 11/21/2023(UTC), brulafu on 11/21/2023(UTC), fgolman on 11/23/2023(UTC), Soundfloss on 12/13/2023(UTC)